Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
OOC Thread: Here

Scenario 1
Written by: Museum Shop

Once again, you're summoned to the Yamanaka High Folklore Club. How many times is this, now?
There are three other students with you, but you're not entirely sure whether you've seen them around school or not.
Are you all even wearing the same uniform?

It doesn't matter. Whenever you stand inside Shizuku's office you feel a kind of suffocating pressure.
It's like being caught in a sleep paralysis nightmare. You can't move, can't make a sound, all you can do is strain to look anywhere but at the glowing lenses of her glasses as she apparently ignores you and taps away at her laptop.

The room is the same as always, except for one large envelope laid on the side of Shizuku's desk closest you.
Same as always, she explains your mission without preamble and without allowing for any questions or comments.

"In that envelope you will find tickets to the pre-open event at Rabbit Underland.
You will go there and record your impressions of the event and the park in general.
As always, laptops are for research and communication, not for recording.
All records will be kept using written notes or voice recording."

The last two lines are like a mantra for her; she says them every time in exactly the same way.
She provided each of you a tape recorder when you first joined the club, and you never seem to run out of blank tapes to use.

And... that's it. You have your mission. You leave Shizuku's office and feel like the steel clamps holding your lungs in check have slackened.
Within the envelope, as described, you find tickets to the pre-opening of a place called Rabbit Underland. Aside from an opening time this weekend and an address in Shimane Prefecture, there isn't any other information on the tickets themselves.

You should have a little time to do some research into this place -whatever it is - before you leave for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Tanaka Taro

Taro's not much of a research in advance guy- his perpetually middle-of-the-road grades testify to that- but he troubles himself to bring up the park in conversations with classmates before the weekend, asking around about rumors about the place or who the mascot character is. Just typical rumor-gathering, with the excuse that his big sister's really into mascot plushies and will certainly want something from a new theme park.

quote:

Dicebot
BOT
Today at 10:09 PM
@unseenlibrarian: 1d100 Fast Talk 55 = (87) = 87

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 8, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Saito Atsuko (彩人 敦子) | HP: 11 | SAN: 80

Atsuko fishes out one of the tickets, looking it over before finally addressing the others. She says, "Well, this sounds like it'll be interesting! I don't think I've heard of Rabbit Underground before... but this address might be familiar. I'm getting a bit of deja vu, for some reason. Tell you what, I'm going to poke at Google a bit and see what falls out... and if there are any particularly juicy keywords, a trip to the library might shed a little light on things!"

After a few minutes of fiddling with her phone, however, Atsuko's lips press together into a paper-thin line. Nothing. It all sounds so familiar, but there's just nothing to go on! She keeps soldiering on, of course, desperate for any scrap of information that might help them prepare for what Shizuku is sending them into.

quote:

Dicebot BOTToday at 4:24 PM
@Tricky: 1d100 Occult 50 = (83) = 83

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Mayumi Tachibana(立花真由美)| HP: 11 | SAN: 60

The eyepatched girl stays silent throughout, only looking up to throw a thumbs up to Atsuko at the end, and heads to the gates as soon as she hears the bell.

When Mayumi arrives home, after exchanging formalities with her family she immediately retreats into her room. She leans down, boots her PC and starts prowling the internet in hopes of finding something, anything to shine light on what a Rabbit Underland even was. Shimane Prefecture... Rabbit Underland... there has to be something out there.

quote:

Dicebot BOTToday at 4:40 PM
@AeSCulUs: 1d100 Computer use 50 = (33) = 33

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 8, 2020

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

unseenlibrarian posted:

Tanaka Taro

Taro's not much of a research in advance guy- his perpetually middle-of-the-road grades testify to that- but he troubles himself to bring up the park in conversations with classmates before the weekend, asking around about rumors about the place or who the mascot character is. Just typical rumor-gathering, with the excuse that his big sister's really into mascot plushies and will certainly want something from a new theme park.

"Rabbit what? Oh yeah I think I saw an ad for that while my little bro was watching some kids' show. It's the one guy, you know? From the old cartoons? Tricky... Tony? I think?"

Tricky Tony is a minor but well-traveled mascot whose old cartoons tend to show up on bargain-bin DVDs for kids. Since the company that owns his rights tends to sell out to anyone and everyone, Taro's sister has quite a few related plushies. From what Taro can gauge from his sister's collection, the crew of the Tricky Tony show consist of:

Tricky Tony - A mischievous rabbit
Rabbina - Tony's girlfriend
Bites - An evil wolf, constantly chasing Tony
Ukki - A lazy monkey, another of Tony's rivals
Auntie Ropple & Auntie Mogrin - Two elderly moles who act as mother figures in the stories
Jumper & Pop - Frog siblings, minor characters
Gyom - A fashionable fish character

Since there is so much merch available for this particular franchise, there are quite a few collectors focused on getting their hands on all of it. Limited plushies and other paraphernalia from the opening event may fetch a decent price on eBay after the fact.

Tricky posted:

Atsuko fishes out one of the tickets, looking it over before finally addressing the others. She says, "Well, this sounds like it'll be interesting! I don't think I've heard of Rabbit Underground before... but this address might be familiar. I'm getting a bit of deja vu, for some reason. Tell you what, I'm going to poke at Google a bit and see what falls out... and if there are any particularly juicy keywords, a trip to the library might shed a little light on things!"

After a few minutes of fiddling with her phone, however, Atsuko's lips press together into a paper-thin line. Nothing. It all sounds so familiar, but there's just nothing to go on! She keeps soldiering on, of course, desperate for any scrap of information that might help them prepare for what Shizuku is sending them into.

Though Shimane is full of all the usual urban legends and ghost stories, there doesn't seem to be anything focused in the specific area of the park. However, after discovering the main mascot of the park is Tricky Tony, Atsuko does find a few interesting threads about a 'lost episode' of the old Tricky Tony show.

Sadly, the threads don't quite pan out. The original source of the rumor turns out to be a (rather mediocre) creepypasta that devolves into a stdh story about the writer saving his girlfriend and the city from zombified Tony animatronics. A complete bust.

Aesculus posted:

The eyepatched girl stays silent throughout, only looking up to throw a thumbs up to Atsuko at the end, and heads to the gates as soon as she hears the bell.

When Mayumi arrives home, after exchanging formalities with her family she immediately retreats into her room. She leans down, boots her PC and starts prowling the internet in hopes of finding something, anything to shine light on what a Rabbit Underland even was. Shimane Prefecture... Rabbit Underland... there has to be something out there.

It doesn't take too much digging to pull up all the information available regarding the park. There really isn't much.

The park itself is an ambitious undertaking: a completely underground theme park, a first for Japan. Its owner, Suki Kanebakari, is a powerful real estate mogul in Shimane, who actually owns the mountain property of Kouiyama where the park is being built. There's plenty of news articles about Kanebakari; the guy seems to be on a never-ending quest to accumulate as much wealth as possible. He's been warned several times by safety inspectors that his underground park idea is too risky, but he seems to have ignored them all and pushed ahead with the construction. Despite his personality, there don't seem to be many nasty rumors about him. The guy is a rich, pompous, narcissistic rear end in a top hat, but he is those things very publicly.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

No stranger to making costumes or hiding one's true self amongst the innocent and from the darkness, the girl keeps an image of up of Bites up as a reference and gets to work. If this were just an ordinary trip, she wouldn't bother, but she knows from experience these things have a tendency of going places where being able to look like you belong somewhere you don't might come in handy.

quote:

Dicebot BOTToday at 2:52 PM
@AeSCulUs: 1d100 Disguise 40 = (25) = 25

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014

Sakagami Mikoto
Health: Fine. SAN: Nonya Business

Mikoto got home late the night before the others had decided that they were going to go check out the park. It was weird that she'd never heard of it, an underground amusement park sounded like a fun place to bum around, kinda place that even locals might lose track of their wallets. She laid out her things for the trip. The box cutter and a thick-tipped gold sharpie went into a pocket shed sewn on the inside of an ankle-length uniform skirt. A pen light and some hair pins went in the book bag.
She sat down at her desk and started cleaning the scrapes on her knuckles from running off some delinquent guys from the private high school down the way. All they needed to do is stay in their own neighborhood, y'know? Let the Yamanaka High girls go to karaoke or whatever in peace. She smiled a little remembering it. Got more than they bargained for. Finishing up swabbing at her knuckles, she considered briefly and threw the first aid kit into the bookbag as well. Never hurts to be prepared.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Tanaka Taro
HP: 12. SAN: 50.

Unfortunately for Taro, his rumor-gathering led to his big sister finding out that he was going. He now has a list of merch she wants him to grab- particularly anything with the frog siblings. So he's bringing a -much, much bigger backpack on the trip than originally planned.

After a moment's thinking about it, he packed a baseball bat. He's been sent on errands by Shizuku before, after all.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Atsuko gamely takes the different leads that the others have come up with and attempts to synthesize them into some sort of conspiracy-busting whole. Mostly this looks like her heading to the library to check the back catalog of Tricky Tony lore with some Google cross-referencing, though she seems to get sidetracked into hashing out a bunch of plot holes in a franchise explicitly based around merchandising first and foremost. Eventually she gives up, frustrated, and just packs her bag up for the trip. Mostly the usual stuff you'd take to a theme park, but she has some extra equipment for her phone to make it a pretty well serviceable platform for taking good pictures.

quote:

Dicebot
BOTToday at 8:05 AM
@Tricky: 1d100 library use for tricky tony deep lore = (55) = 55

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The ride to Shimane is uneventful. After getting off at the main JR station and switching to a smaller local train to get up Kouiyama, the club members find themselves riding with others apparently heading to the theme park. Tickets identical to the ones Shizuku had given her club members are flashed around, and most of the conversations seem to be centered around the park and its owner.

At Kouiyama, the passengers disembark under a large, brightly-painted awning with Tricky Tony and his crew painted on it and the words 'THIS WAY TO RABBIT UNDERLAND' writ large. Underneath it, guides wearing pastel uniforms point the way to the park. It isn't too far of a walk before everyone passes through a long tunnel heading straight into the side of the mountain. The entrance is decorated to make it seem as though the visitors are passing through a massive rabbit-hole, surrounded by twisting brambles and thorny vines.

On the other side of the gates, the park stretches out before you. The whole thing is set up in what almost seems like a massive stadium, with a metal ceiling above covered in lights. There is very little feeling of being underground, as the ceiling is high enough to prevent any claustrophobia, and the air moving steadily through the place has none of the musty stale feeling of a cave. It's easy to forget that half a mountain sits above you.

Staff members funnel everyone to a central square where a stage has been set up. On the stage, Suki Kanebakari stands in a gaudy golden suit, with a bodyguard with dark glasses and a black suit close behind him.

Once everyone - you would guess about 100 visitors of various ages - has been seated, Kanebakari launches into a speech.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Biggest underground park in the world. So many people told me this couldn't be done, but here we are. Any Tricky Tony fans out there? *chuckle* Of course, of course, we all grew up on that rascal. I was just sitting down with Johnny Depp, y'all know Johnny right? Course you do. Great guy. Great buddy of mine. Me and him were sitting down with Stephen Spielberg, Steve, that's what I call him. Anyway Johnny and Steve and I were all sitting down and I was telling them about how this is the first step in using the Tricky Tony franchise to take on Disney. I know, right? They need some healthy competition and I think I'm the right guy to head that up here in Japan. Miyazaki, that's Hayao Miyazaki you know, we were out golfing last weekend and he told me he thinks I could be the one to carry the torch for-..."

His narcissistic, most likely bullshit speech drones on and on. You find yourself fighting to stay awake as the waves of nonsense pile up.

Please make a POW Check. If you fail, you are lulled to sleep by Kanebakari's speech and lose 1 MP.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Atsuko makes sure to surreptitiously start her recorder rolling as Kanebakari begins to bloviate at great length, though she half-pays attention to the man speak. There's always a chance that there's some kernal of a hint within his self-aggrandizement, so it's simply a matter of identifying that in the sea of stories about rich and/or influential people he's spent time with.

quote:

Dicebot
BOTToday at 6:29 PM
@Tricky: 1d100 POW 80 = (31) = 31

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Tanaka Taro

Taro pretends to doze off and slouch in his chair during the speech- it's something that, after all, a normal, perfectly average high school boy would probably do, but he's actually alert and paying attention. For some reason.

quote:

unseenlibrarianToday at 2:23 AM
/roll 1d100 #POW 50
Dicebot
BOT
Today at 2:23 AM
@unseenlibrarian: 1d100 POW 50 = (49) = 49

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Sitting down and putting her bag away, Mayumi catches a glimpse of the man - Suki Kanebakari, if her research serves her correctly - walk onto stage, and begin talking and talking, in a manner somehow more mind-numbing than any of the times she's been lectured about anything. She tries to hold on against this psionic all-out assault, but can't, and ends up dozing off in her chair.

quote:

Dicebot BOTToday at 12:55 PM
@AeSCulUs: 1d100 POW 60 = (96) = 96

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014

Sakagami Mikoto

Mikoto adopts a practiced expression of bored practicality, but is quickly enraptured by the magic of the theme park. This is brought to an abrupt end by the droning speech. She pays very little attention to it, instead amusing herself by planning out how she would beat up as many members of the crowd as possible if a fight were to break out.

quote:

Dicebot
BOT
Today at 2:20 AM
@Lizard Wizard: 1d100 POW 65 = (59) = 59

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
After what seems like an eternity, Suki Kanebakari's speech just sort of peters out as he seems to run out of things to brag about or names to drop. He claps his hands, loudly (startling some people in the audience awake) and then spreads his arms apart.

"Enough for me, go enjoy my park! I'll be up here for selfies and to answer your questions! Thank you! Enjoy!"

With that, the crowd that gathered for the speech begins to disperse in different directions. Pastel-uniformed guides pass out a pamphlet with a map.

The content of the pamphlet is as follows

(The red in the bottom left is the Main Gate)

1-1 Tony's House

1-2 Rabbina's House

1-3 Auntie Ropple's Craft House

1-4 Auntie Moglin's Restaurant

1-5 Jumper's Bouncy Dojo

1-6 Gyom's Fashion Show

1-7 Hamster Race

1-8 Tony's Prank Lab

1-9 Pop & Jump

1-10 Mushroom Park

2-1 Tony's Cave Adventure

2-2 Haunted House

2-3 Tony's Thrill Drive

2-4 Ukki's Labyrinth

2-5 Underground Lake Cruise Tours

2-6 Tony and Bites' Crazy Chase

2-7 Bites' Tony Nabber

2-8 Jumper's Secret Training Ground

2-9 Dyna Siblings' Trade & Tavern

2-10 Coal Mine Park

3-1 Stage Show Area

3-2 First Aid Tent

3-3 Food Court

3-4 Tony Studio

3-5 Tony Museum

3-6 Tony's Bar

3-7 Tony's Trade Center

3-8 Tony's Statue

3-9 Lost Child Station

3-10Underland Square

At the moment you are gathered in 3-10Underland Square, facing toward 3-1 Stage Show Area. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual or supernatural occurring at the moment, and the park is completely open and free to explore.

You are now free to explore the park. Splitting the party is OK. Time will pass after each 'round'. One 'round' will pass when each player has finished exploring whatever location they are at and moved to another. Time will pass at a rate of 1 hour per 'round'.

It is currently 12:00 PM

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Tanaka Taro

"Well, I don't know about you all, but I've got my mission." Taro hefts the mostly empty backpack. "Headed for the trade center, sis wants loot and to be honest, she scares me nearly as much as our club prez."

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Akatsuki Izayoi(十六夜暁)| HP: 11 | SAN: 60 | MP: -1

The girl with the eyepatch takes the map and looks over it briefly with her uncovered eye, and then stands right up with a renewed expression of vigor. "Very well then, let us march into the unknown! The secret training ground calls to me, and so I must bid farewell for now, but fear not! Destiny has it that our paths will cross again!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Atsuko says, "Um, okay! Let's meet at the food court in an hour. We can talk about anything we find and, hey, it'll be about time for lunch anyways."

Thinking about her own angle of investigation, it seems simple enough to proceed to the stage and see if she can't pry out any more details from their blowhard host. A half-decent selfie with the guy probably wouldn't hurt, either. A good souvenir for the investigation!

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014

Sakagami Mikoto

"Yeah sure, don't get into too much trouble." Mikoto considers the map briefly. "I'll check out the haunted house, see what kinda spooky stuff they got here."
Without another word, and definitely not responding to questions, she marches off towards Gyom's Fashion Show, her true destination.
"I wonder what it's like!? Place like this, it would have to be cute, right?"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

unseenlibrarian posted:

Tanaka Taro

"Well, I don't know about you all, but I've got my mission." Taro hefts the mostly empty backpack. "Headed for the trade center, sis wants loot and to be honest, she scares me nearly as much as our club prez."

You soon find yourself immersed in a world of kitschy merch. Kanebakari must know about the Tricky Tony collectors, as everything is slapped with 'EXCLUSIVE!' and 'LIMITED EDITION!' stickers and is a bit steep, even for theme park goods. Despite this there are a couple of obvious lifelong fans with armfulls of goods, happily slashing their cards and yammering obscure Tricky Tony facts at each other. Aside from them, there is very little going on. It seems the merch store isn't the most popular stop for the other people invited to the pre-open.

"Hey! Step right up for our special raffle! All customers at our pre-open event get one chance to spin!" An attendant calls out to you.
He is holding a traditional Japanese raffle machine; a multi-sided wheel with a small opening in one side. When spun, the wheel will spit out a single marble of a random color. They are quite common in store opening events and festivals, with the consolation prize generally being a packet of tissues and the much sought-after golden marbles giving up things like vacation deals.

"Win this delightful, exclusive, one-of-a-kind Golden Tricky Tony!"

The gold prize is a large Tricky Tony plush dressed in a gaudy, golden suit with a golden top-hat and cane.

"Step right up and give it a spin!"

Make a LUCK roll. Success nets you the coveted doll, failure a packet of tissues.

Aesculus posted:

The girl with the eyepatch takes the map and looks over it briefly with her uncovered eye, and then stands right up with a renewed expression of vigor. "Very well then, let us march into the unknown! The secret training ground calls to me, and so I must bid farewell for now, but fear not! Destiny has it that our paths will cross again!"

You find yourself facing down a strange obstacle course straight out of a Japanese game show. Puffy plastic logs swing back and forth, reinforced foam blades whir, there are blasts of water and mud, and holographic versions of Bites seem to leap out of the shadows at every turn.

Ahead of you, a frog in a karate uniform beckons.

"Remember your training! Make it through under the time limit and I will give you a mystic scroll that will mark you as a true ninjumper!"

A successful DEX roll will get you through the course in time!

Tricky posted:

Atsuko says, "Um, okay! Let's meet at the food court in an hour. We can talk about anything we find and, hey, it'll be about time for lunch anyways."

Thinking about her own angle of investigation, it seems simple enough to proceed to the stage and see if she can't pry out any more details from their blowhard host. A half-decent selfie with the guy probably wouldn't hurt, either. A good souvenir for the investigation!

Once your turn arrives Kanebakari beckons you forward with great showmanship.

"Come on, grab your selfie!" he says. With a smile still plastered on his lips he adds, quietly, "Just snap a pic and walk away, I don't do play interviews, kid."

As would be expected of the jackass.

Of course, you may be able to convince him to talk to you, somehow. The method is up to you.

Sir Mopalot posted:

Sakagami Mikoto

"Yeah sure, don't get into too much trouble." Mikoto considers the map briefly. "I'll check out the haunted house, see what kinda spooky stuff they got here."
Without another word, and definitely not responding to questions, she marches off towards Gyom's Fashion Show, her true destination.
"I wonder what it's like!? Place like this, it would have to be cute, right?"

Gyom's Fashion Show turns out to be another performance stage much like the one near the central square, but this one with an aquatic theme. It is attached to a small aquarium, mostly full of performing animals like seals and dolphins. Between shows the area is used for mermaid-themed souvenir photoshoots. Most of the people in the area seem to be checking out the aquarium, including at least one woman who appears to be inspecting the tanks and animals, possibly a health professional of some sort.

A bored-looking woman running the camera booth calls out to you.

"Hey, come get a picture! If it looks good we'll put it up on our site for PR! Could be a big chance, you know!"

If you're interested, a solid APP roll will make an impression!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Tanaka Taro

quote:

You soon find yourself immersed in a world of kitschy merch. Kanebakari must know about the Tricky Tony collectors, as everything is slapped with 'EXCLUSIVE!' and 'LIMITED EDITION!' stickers and is a bit steep, even for theme park goods. Despite this there are a couple of obvious lifelong fans with armfulls of goods, happily slashing their cards and yammering obscure Tricky Tony facts at each other. Aside from them, there is very little going on. It seems the merch store isn't the most popular stop for the other people invited to the pre-open.

"Hey! Step right up for our special raffle! All customers at our pre-open event get one chance to spin!" An attendant calls out to you.
He is holding a traditional Japanese raffle machine; a multi-sided wheel with a small opening in one side. When spun, the wheel will spit out a single marble of a random color. They are quite common in store opening events and festivals, with the consolation prize generally being a packet of tissues and the much sought-after golden marbles giving up things like vacation deals.

"Win this delightful, exclusive, one-of-a-kind Golden Tricky Tony!"

The gold prize is a large Tricky Tony plush dressed in a gaudy, golden suit with a golden top-hat and cane.

"Step right up and give it a spin!"

Make a LUCK roll. Success nets you the coveted doll, failure a packet of tissues.

Taro shrugs. "Sure, why not." He steps up, spins, and...

quote:

unseenlibrarianToday at 7:08 PM
/roll 1d100 #Luck

Dicebot
BOT
Today at 7:08 PM
@unseenlibrarian: 1d100 Luck = (28) = 28

For once, his entirely average luck pays off- there's a pause, and the ball that drops out of the raffle machine is the winner. The Golden Tricky is his! He pushes his glasses up on his nose, there's a weird glint as they catch the light. "Ha. Sis'll be thrilled."

Sir Mopalot
Jun 8, 2014

Sakagami Mikoto

Getsuya posted:

Gyom's Fashion Show turns out to be another performance stage much like the one near the central square, but this one with an aquatic theme. It is attached to a small aquarium, mostly full of performing animals like seals and dolphins. Between shows the area is used for mermaid-themed souvenir photoshoots. Most of the people in the area seem to be checking out the aquarium, including at least one woman who appears to be inspecting the tanks and animals, possibly a health professional of some sort.

A bored-looking woman running the camera booth calls out to you.

"Hey, come get a picture! If it looks good we'll put it up on our site for PR! Could be a big chance, you know!"

If you're interested, a solid APP roll will make an impression!

Mikoto holds up an almost offensive figure to stop the woman running the camera speaking. She takes a long, slow look around the crowd nearby, making sure that she doesn't recognize anyone.

quote:

Dicebot BOT Today at 4:06 AM
@Lizard Wizard: 1d100 Spot Hidden 70 = (98) = 98

Seeing nothing and nobody, she drops the finger, and much of her reserved demeanor, practically bouncing towards the booth. "So fun! Are there props?"

quote:

Dicebot BOT Today at 4:08 AM
@Lizard Wizard: 1d100 APP 65 = (56) = 56

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Atsuko tries to think of something clever to say to get him to open up about his surely diabolical plot, but is absolutely tongue-tied instead.

quote:

Dicebot
BOTToday at 8:14 PM
@Tricky: 1d100 Charm 50 = (100) = 100

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Getsuya posted:

You find yourself facing down a strange obstacle course straight out of a Japanese game show. Puffy plastic logs swing back and forth, reinforced foam blades whir, there are blasts of water and mud, and holographic versions of Bites seem to leap out of the shadows at every turn.

Ahead of you, a frog in a karate uniform beckons.

"Remember your training! Make it through under the time limit and I will give you a mystic scroll that will mark you as a true ninjumper!"

A successful DEX roll will get you through the course in time!

"A true ninjumper... very well, I accept! Bear witness, to the power bestowed upon me by the moon," Akatsuki declares to noone in particular. She bolts through the course at full speed, not allowing herself to be distracted by the traps and obstacles in the way.

quote:

Dicebot BOTToday at 3:17 PM
@AeSCulUs: d100 DEX 60 = (52) = 52

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

unseenlibrarian posted:

Tanaka Taro

Taro shrugs. "Sure, why not." He steps up, spins, and...

For once, his entirely average luck pays off- there's a pause, and the ball that drops out of the raffle machine is the winner. The Golden Tricky is his! He pushes his glasses up on his nose, there's a weird glint as they catch the light. "Ha. Sis'll be thrilled."

"Congratulations!"
The person running the raffle rings a large hand bell and hands over the prize.
Immediately Taro is swarmed by a few heavily breathing collectors who stumble over each other offering increasingly ludicrous amounts of money for the special prize. At least one of them looks shifty and desperate enough to resort to physical violence if things heat up anymore. It might be best to move on before a riot begins.

Sir Mopalot posted:

Sakagami Mikoto

Mikoto holds up an almost offensive figure to stop the woman running the camera speaking. She takes a long, slow look around the crowd nearby, making sure that she doesn't recognize anyone.

Seeing nothing and nobody, she drops the finger, and much of her reserved demeanor, practically bouncing towards the booth. "So fun! Are there props?"

"Uhhh sure. For some reason they wanted to go with a mixture between fashion show and fish show so we have some, uh, mermaid stuff?" the camera lady says, clearly not quite on board with the overall theme of the place. "Want a mermaid tail?"

Tricky posted:

Atsuko tries to think of something clever to say to get him to open up about his surely diabolical plot, but is absolutely tongue-tied instead.

Kanebakari snatches the map pamphlet out of your hands and quickly scribbles a signature on it before tossing it back and brushing you off with a gesture. The black-clad bodyguard behind him fixes you with a steady gaze. Something about the way you can't make out his eyes behind the solid black glasses gives you an unfortunate flashback to Shizuku's unsettling gaze, and you feel it might be best to move on.

Aesculus posted:

"A true ninjumper... very well, I accept! Bear witness, to the power bestowed upon me by the moon," Akatsuki declares to noone in particular. She bolts through the course at full speed, not allowing herself to be distracted by the traps and obstacles in the way.

An animatronic ninja frog applauds your successful run.

"Congratulations! From this day forth you will be recognized as a true ninjumper! Take this mystic scroll and guard its contents with your life! Its secrets must never fall into evil hands!"

The scroll turns out to include some empty platitudes about believing in yourself, 'the secret ingredient is YOU', and some extremely minor coupons for the food court and merch store. There doesn't seem to be anything else to be done at this particular attraction.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Getsuya posted:

"Congratulations!"
The person running the raffle rings a large hand bell and hands over the prize.
Immediately Taro is swarmed by a few heavily breathing collectors who stumble over each other offering increasingly ludicrous amounts of money for the special prize. At least one of them looks shifty and desperate enough to resort to physical violence if things heat up anymore. It might be best to move on before a riot begins.

Tanaka Taro

Taro makes some meaningless excuses, mutters something about "Sorry, I'm here on behalf of Trickytonyfan420, they'll kill me if I sell it to anyone else," and legs it for another attraction. The golden tony goes into the backpack as soon as he's got a quiet moment, and takes a moment to record something into the recorder provided by the club. "So far everything seems normal enough. Going to wait till we regroup to check the obvious places for stuff to go weird like the lab or the haunted house." He clicks the recorder off, then heads towards the Pop and Jump to see...what exactly it is.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Atsuko slinks away, decidedly disappointed that she biffed it so hard, then decides to go about as far as possible from her shame: The Mushroom Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

"Mission report. I have secured the secret scroll, not that there was any doubting it. Jumper's secret training ground has been conquered without difficulty, and I am now proceeding to my next target."

She resists the urge to add something about the eternal glory of the moon and walks off to the food court. It should be about time to meet with everyone, and it'd be a good opportunity to use those tickets she just won.