Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Every one of you I see I recognize and it's like a knife in the gut.

Please at least wait and see if things change. IT IS TOO SOON TO KNOW. Wait at least to see what the choices are for other places for goons.

Please consider :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
I agree

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i disagree i think ppl should leave if they want. also i salute them

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017

Hell Yeah posted:

i disagree i think ppl should leave if they want. also i salute them

I agree with this too

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this place has always been extremely hosed up, it's basically an internet stanford prison experiment.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017

Hell Yeah posted:

this place has always been extremely hosed up, it's basically an internet stanford prison experiment.

it's not as bad as you say

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I do want to see some change among the mod culture and I don't blame some people for wanting to leave

but lol if you're letting some losers from KiwiFarms motivate you

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I have seen some FORUM ENEMIES auto ban so am cool with people expressing their action through this route, just wish they'd actually be funny about it like the BBW Furry guy.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm here till the bitter fuckin end.

I have nowhere else to go :(

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
what the gently caress are you idiots riled up about now

(please clue me in)

edit: also don't autoban yourself until the site sale is complete so when you rereg it doesn't go to lowtax

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yeah you'd think with the biggest dramabomb to ever hit the forums/entire site they'd at least stick around to see what the aftereffects are. It's not like anyone can take their money back from Lowtax or affect if he takes a payout to walk away so they may as well see how this all ends.

Of course it sucks that it's all come down to this but figuratively cutting your own throat does nothing except affect you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

biznatchio posted:

(please clue me in)

edit: also don't autoban yourself until the site sale is complete so when you rereg it doesn't go to lowtax

They're phasing out the button up fly!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

biznatchio posted:

(please clue me in)

There have been random jumpers for 5 days

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I will not autoban!! You cannot force me to!

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They're phasing out the button up fly!

WHAT? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

The more autobans the more re-regs we'll have for when things get better!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i tried to tell burt multiple times, gently caress modding the forums. just get rid of it and become a regular poster. this was when FYAD was constantly loving with him like ever single day, and he was going berserk over it, i mean honestly it seemed like it was really messing up his life and making him miserable, but he just couldn't let go of it.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
what if we made some sort of button that autobanned mods?

it just might work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biznatchio posted:

(please clue me in)

People to this day are being perma'd

None of them are Lowtax, who is still allowed to post and as of this most recent weekend still does

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

None of them are Lowtax, who is still allowed to post and as of this most recent weekend still does

Today's perma was a daily poster on Scarboil and a frequent poster on Kiwifarms in the SA related threads.

Has been for years.

It's still Lowtax's website, don't be stupid.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Whatever you say Mr. 2:butt:2:butt:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

RepeatingMeme posted:

The more autobans the more re-regs we'll have for when things get better!

lol

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It's so tempting to use the hot tag though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like seeing people with older reg dates than mine get banned... It increases my power.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
There can only be One Goon.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hell Yeah posted:

i tried to tell burt multiple times, gently caress modding the forums. just get rid of it and become a regular poster. this was when FYAD was constantly loving with him like ever single day, and he was going berserk over it, i mean honestly it seemed like it was really messing up his life and making him miserable, but he just couldn't let go of it.
personally okay with the Domestic Abuse Cover-Upper having bad things happen to him, but that is just one goon's humble opinion

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Yeah posted:

the implications of that metaphor have been severely weakened since finding out that the participants were all asked if they would like to participate in an experiment as prison guards. instead of the findings being about power leading corruption it turns out more like just people who are already assholes will be assholes to an even greater extent if given the chance

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

True, but if you're referring to the PK thread in QCS, it sure sounded like Lowtax only stuck his head in to be defiant to everybody about ever coming back at all, right down to the "until everybody apologizes" part. It seems as close to a self-perma as we're likely to get until JoY takes over.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

the implications of that metaphor have been severely weakened since finding out that the participants were all asked if they would like to participate in an experiment as prison guards. instead of the findings being about power leading corruption it turns out more like just people who are already assholes will be assholes to an even greater extent if given the chance

so we should give all new mods rear end in a top hat inspections?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

Dude still has the keys to the place and is only accomplishing making himself look worse every time he sticks his miserable head in. Once the sale's complete I expect Jeffrey's first official action will be to lock Lowtax out. It can't go down any other way because if there's any whiff of things not going that way everyone will jump ship.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Strumpie posted:

are you kidding have you seen the cost of latex gloves these days?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Plus Lowtax HAS to be aware that the ship is going down at this point. He wouldn't even be considering the sale otherwise. If he relents and says to hell with it all it's only going to have negative consequences for him. There's no way he's that oblivious to the realities of what's going on, even with going on that MRA podcast and claiming what he's claimed it's still not the first time eyebrow-raising stuff has happened, and even then the poo poo that went down with LadyAmbien and him running off to Utah...ah, nevermind.

Anyway, there's got to be a part of his brain that's contemplating what happens if he stays and what he does after and what could his mind's eye possibly see? A shitload of MRAs and incels coming in to replace all the departures? That ain't gonna happen.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Strumpie posted:

The forums are not sponsored by Charmin.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

im going down with this ship

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's okay I'm still here.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Squalid posted:

im going down with this ship

you will 100% float.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

It's okay I'm still here.

Good I'm glad

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
i mean they kind of wanna kill the only good thread on the site, they banned jakep for a pretty dumb reason too, because what they said they charged back lowtax when they got banned? who cares tbqh at this point lowtax is a piece of poo poo, he doesn't even pay his writers.

but whatever, i'm just gonna go post in LAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I care. No matter what this is a big shake up, either here with no Lowtax or elsewhere. The more left at the end the more likely posting will be fun and interesting. Reddit REALLY sucks and Twitter too