Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What part of "and sometimes Y" are you not getting my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is this some kind of anti-Rasta thing or

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno I think ye olde tyme ygnlich guy kinda rocks.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Len posted:

This is always the weirdest flex, nobody cares who you have on your ignore list OP

But then how will people know how cool they are? PP complains every time someone quotes me, it's kinda weird ngl.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

But then how will people know how cool they are? PP complains every time someone quotes me, it's kinda weird ngl.

How terrible for them.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

T-man posted:

I had you on ignore for a while and then I forgot why I had you on ignore so I took you off

thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'd have every single one of you on ignore if it wouldn't destroy the forums, ngl.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Moon Slayer posted:

I'd have every single one of you on ignore if it wouldn't destroy the forums, ngl.

So how are you finding the new job?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
I’m digging the mods seeding the forums with goodwill all of a sudden - some of them even read a room first

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

How I learned to heal and evolve (and ignore the globalist insider elite):

We can easily prove the existence of a globally dominant cabal/alliance, which is a small number of people that could be described as: above the US President, so everyone else who may be furthering their agenda is merely a front man (e.g. the President) or a useful idiot.

Everything is significantly more toxic than it would be without their plays, perversions, and pollutions--their manipulations and misdirections--their corruptions and psyops ...

They are afraid of us. They are not bullet proof. They do not have superpowers, and they often fail and make mistakes. Their only power is thousands of years of hiding and manipulating from the shadows, so we must shine a light on them and walk away--as if they were cockroaches ... or vampires.

We don't have to know who they are. We just have to know of their existence and their agenda to manipulate us into disliking, distrusting, and distancing each other, which they do so that we are looking at each other instead of looking at them, and so that we cannot unite against them.

Do not fear them, but pity them instead. They are the sickest among us. They have lost their way and are in a bad place, but that is temporary. It is not who they really are, and not who they really want to be.

Like the rest of us, who have also lost our way, it is within their power to instantly find their way again. Everyone is redeemable--even the players.

We must walk away and work on ourselves. The real battlefield is inside each of us.

As a critical mass among us become the best version of ourselves, their plays will falter more often, and over time, they will heal with us, and a golden age will reign for as long as we remain vigilant.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
(((It was aliens)))

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RandomFerret posted:

What part of "and sometimes Y" are you not getting my man
For the love of god, never teach that person the "and W" add-on bit for Welsh loanwords.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Knormal posted:

For the love of god, never teach that person the "and W" add-on bit for Welsh loanwords.

wwwwwwwwwwww

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'd have 🈶 every single 🇸🇮 one 1️⃣ of you 🥵🥵🥵 on 🔛 ignore 🤐 if it wouldn't destroy🤯💦💦💦 the forums🦜, ngl🤬

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Forums is 🦜?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/status/1280641525483999238

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that actually what BTS stands for because if so I might need to start listening to kpop.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Virtual1nstinct/status/1280630187735035906

This sure doesn't sound made up.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

Is that actually what BTS stands for because if so I might need to start listening to kpop.

Wikipedia posted:

The group's name, BTS, stands for the Korean expression Bangtan Sonyeondan (Korean: 방탄소년단; Hanja: 防彈少年團), literally meaning "Bulletproof Boy Scouts".

Which is a pretty good name in English too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely a p-zombie would not have the concept of self awareness and thus would not be able to accurately describe the cessation of that concept? If they could they wouldn't have done it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Platystemon posted:

One passage early in The Handmaid’s Tale describes “a red hexagon that means ‘Stop’”.

Stop signs on planet Earth in 2020 are, of course, octagons.

Maybe Gilead really does use hexagons, either as a conscious choice or because the shape is traditional in their mirror universe .

Maybe the narrator doesn’t know her shapes.

Maybe Atwood made a mistake and it’s slipped past every editor and into the latest editions.

There are places online that quote this passage, and no one seems to notice the oddity of a hexagonal stop sign. It’s the last one.

Yeah, the odds of me noticing that while reading are pretty close to zero.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I, too, enjoy Peter Watts works.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

idk I think there should be some sort of way to determine the amount of p-ness someone has

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

what

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
what's up, my p-zoms

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

zom-pies

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

captainOrbital posted:

what's up, my p-zoms

That's OUR word, mods??

Anyway philosophy zombies are a thought experiment in cognitive science of a thinking being with no inner sense of self. It's catchy premise and ease of thinking about it*, much like the trolley problem, has seen it leak into common knowlage. It's become a little bit of nerd trivia, and this nerd in question thinks it's something you can just do for some dumb reason. You'd need to scoop out at least like a teaspoon full of brain to do it for real.

* much like intersectionality and bodies/spaces stuff, a lot of people think the understand the term and the people who would correct them are too busy applying for grants and drinking.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

To learn more read Blindsight by Peter Watts. If you don't want to learn more it's not a book for you.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
But don't read the sequel, it's not nearly as good

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

T-man posted:

That's OUR word, mods??

Anyway philosophy zombies are a thought experiment in cognitive science of a thinking being with no inner sense of self. It's catchy premise and ease of thinking about it*, much like the trolley problem, has seen it leak into common knowlage. It's become a little bit of nerd trivia, and this nerd in question thinks it's something you can just do for some dumb reason. You'd need to scoop out at least like a teaspoon full of brain to do it for real.

* much like intersectionality and bodies/spaces stuff, a lot of people think the understand the term and the people who would correct them are too busy applying for grants and drinking.

They're not saying it's something you can actually do. "Given" here means something like "If X condition obtains"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Smugly shoving extra candles up my nose to make sure the flame behind my eyes or whatever never goes out, USA

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Vib Rib posted:

Smugly shoving extra candles up my nose to make sure the flame behind my eyes or whatever never goes out, USA

i do this but my family is dying

help

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

You have to admire the confidence of the sign-maker who looked the police right in the eye and said, “yup, that’s a P.”

edit: holy poo poo I swear I am not making this up, this is not a parody page

wizzardstaff has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Jul 8, 2020

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014
Consider loving off back to D&D?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

Someone coming into the thread shouldn't need special knowledge

Late reply but w/e: this very forum has probably load-bearing code that autobans you if you use the wrong thread tag and that is seen as a feature. It was also one of the things Jeff Atwood complained about when he wanted to convince Lowtax to move everything to Discourse (not to be confused with Discord and it probably would have been a good idea to take him up on that offer in hindsight if only for the monthly server bill reduction).

That is special knowledge you need to use the forum. Special knowledge about who’s who in a thread is small potatoes imo.

LoB stares in the abyss so we don’t have to but tbh I’d like it better if the text was a screenshot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh God, won't anyone think of the effect this will have on Carpool Karaoke?

https://twitter.com/guy_mont/status/1280733412861435905?s=19

(Obvs OP is sarcastic, LA Times is the idiot)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Knormal posted:

Oh my god

Oh my loving god

I learned the "and sometimes Y and W" version in one class back when I was a kid, and nobody has ever believed me, including my English professor mom. Now I know where it came from!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pudding Space posted:

That you think D&D is the ACAB forum is adorable. All cops are bastards.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

bhangraton posted:

They're not saying it's something you can actually do. "Given" here means something like "If X condition obtains"

Thanks Fishmech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Pudding Space posted:

I thought the police proudly posting barely disguised anti-police slogans not once but twice was IOSM-worthy. :shrug: