Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
News of a massive conspiracy spreads like wildfire throughout the ranks of the Night Witches, and an attempt is made to bring Stork in for questioning. The only thing is, Stork doesn’t feel like coming in. One thing leads to another, and something terrible happens. A thorough inspection of the body later reveals the truth.

Asiina, STORK, Night Witch Vanilla has been executed night one.

One of the greatest investigators the Night Witches have ever known, Stork dies with her pencil wand in her hand. If you had the opportunity to see her face, you might notice regret etched into it, as she was denied her last, greatest mystery.

But wait, what’s this? Clutched tight in Stork’s hand is a single, silver coin with a curious inscription and a symbol that seems familiar, although you have no idea where else you could have seen it.

Brief twilight phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

News of a massive conspiracy spreads like wildfire throughout the ranks of the Night Witches, and an attempt is made to bring Stork in for questioning. The only thing is, Stork doesn’t feel like coming in. One thing leads to another, and something terrible happens. A thorough inspection of the body later reveals the truth.

Asiina, STORK, Night Witch Vanilla has been executed night one.

One of the greatest investigators the Night Witches have ever known, Stork dies with her pencil wand in her hand. If you had the opportunity to see her face, you might notice regret etched into it, as she was denied her last, greatest mystery.

But wait, what’s this? Clutched tight in Stork’s hand is a single, silver coin with a curious inscription and a symbol that seems familiar, although you have no idea where else you could have seen it.

Brief twilight phase.

Clearly spells out SoLuS

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

t a s t e posted:

Clearly spells out SoLuS

agreed, more secret societies need to be in my name

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Nest is burning.

One of the most closely guarded secrets of the Night Witches, The Nest is a place of learning. Fledgling witches who would guard the night train there, most going on to work for the Magistocracy directly as security, but some few going on to become full fledged agents. It houses the most vulnerable of the Night Witches, those whose powers have not fully formed. The future of the Night Witches lives here.

At least, it did.

No one is able to figure out how exactly all the protective runes surrounding the facility were disabled without raising any alarms, but Forensic Witches are easily able to determine that the facility was set ablaze by The Great Voice. You like to imagine that’s some comfort to the dozens of young witches who died here last night.

More confusing yet, is the dead body outside The Nest. Bulbul is found, withered and with her head seemingly pulled directly off her body. Even a cursory usage of Umvau Voun shows she was utterly without a soul, completely and totally evil. But if so, how did she end up here? Was she double-crossed? Was this somehow part of her plan? Just what the hell is going on here?

J͚͈̱̙͍̯̘e̺̺̭̳͈ͅn̺͓͇̥̞̲͇ ̪̯̤X̳̣̫̥,̩ ͉B͇̫̩u̗̘̦̼̝ͅl̼b͖̠̜u̥̻l̖̖͎ͅ,̖̭̪̥̤̮͎ ͈̯̗͈Ca̳͓̟ͅb̘̱̩ḁl͍̘ ̩̜̫̥̺͎͕G̮̞o̗̜͎̖̹̱o̤͖̻n͎̹͉̺͎̩͙̯͍͚ͅ was executed night one!

In Bulbul’s pocket, you find a single, silver coin, with an increasingly familiar face.

【DAY TWO BEGINS】

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (16): Amnistar, Deadbeat Dad, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, merk, Mr. Humalong, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, peramene, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Sub Rosa, t a s t e, Token Female, yuming

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 09th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

experimenting with a shorter deadline. message me if you hate it!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:psyduck:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

This is exactly who I expected was scum.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The question now is was Asiina the victim of a best option majority rush or were people trying to steer it that way? Asiina looked insanely town compared while posting towards the end compared to Tokes who was the other person in the masonry getting votes at the end, but if Jen is the only scum in that group then I guess we were bound to hit town between the two (if we assume there is only 1 scum in that group).

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 posted:

This is exactly who I expected was scum.

I thought it was Asiina at the start of content D1, then Jen, then Tokes by the end after being pretty sure she was town because the claim was way too weird. Solus has felt fine to me the entire time.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The question now is was Asiina the victim of a best option majority rush or were people trying to steer it that way? Asiina looked insanely town compared while posting towards the end compared to Tokes who was the other person in the masonry getting votes at the end, but if Jen is the only scum in that group then I guess we were bound to hit town between the two (if we assume there is only 1 scum in that group).

To be safe, I am assuming 50% scum in that group. I was unwilling to move my vote off of Asiina, mostly because I thought they were scum but at the end because no matter what happened there was/is something to learn from interactions around her.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I thought it was Asiina at the start of content D1, then Jen, then Tokes by the end after being pretty sure she was town because the claim was way too weird. Solus has felt fine to me the entire time.

I agree that at the end of D1 Asiina came off more town. I became increasingly convinced Jen was scum due to her posting, and voiced my suspicion. Which resulted in me being roleblocked last night. I am suspicious of Solus based on the Jen/Solus interactions.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm tired and can maybe make a more coherent case later but going through Jen's history she had interesting interactions with a few players (including myself) -- you can judge how you want with me, obviously I know I'm town but I did set her up with a sort of softball explanation of her votes (which I truly wanted an explanation on), but I also kept bringing her up randomly and probably annoying her with how lovely parking her vote on taste looked and wondering if she ever would've explained it if not prompted.

Taste could be a possible bus, but their back and forth seemed super genuine. It felt icy at best and I think she did really think taste's reasoning was bullshit.

Sandwolf I think has a higher probability of being a bus situation with her early vote/unvote and comments succeeding that. She seemed like she would not be surprised if Sandwolf was scum but also felt his reactions were genuine. It read like a bit of hedging.

Jen X posted:

##vote: spoonsy

I don't see the solus case, I really don't see the merk case (he feels...like merk, I don't really have any thoughts on him), I could buy sandwolf but I feel like him complaining all day about a meta-argument with merk is too dumb to treat as indicative of anything, and that's everyone with more than 1 vote

(This post in particular highlights best on how she felt about both Sand and merk. Interestingly enough, the only time she brought up merk's name was in conjunction with Sandwolf except for the start of the quoted post which was an independent thought.)

---------------------------

Merk is a different case altogether and feels strange. Was very heavy on Jen X early.

merk posted:

---

JX has the scummiest content game answer. Buddying up to yuming in a weird way.

merk posted:

The cagey response is a town tell. I agree. ##unvote; ##vote Jen X

merk posted:

I voted her based off of one post she made in response to content game.

His votes on her wasn't from the weird Sandwolf/taste votes that weren't explained until I posed a question towards her, it was in reply to this:

Jen X posted:

yuming was good as town in the one game I remember her from (winefia) so I hope she's on our side

Which, I don't know. Some people felt weird about her saying "our side" but I didn't think it sounded all that bad and it's not a very strong read in general.

merk posted:

##unvote

Jen X holding feet to the fire with reactionary votes is good.

Bails off of it quickly from her "reactionary votes" aka omgus votes on two people who pressured her that wasn't explained until prompted by me.

merk posted:

I also think that Jen X post is questionable.

But then hops RIGHT back on the doubt train right after that, but now saying her votes with little to no explanation are actually good which ??? that isn't really mafia if you can't be assed to explain it and expect people to accept your vote. It's just really odd that merk felt good about the votes but bad about the explanation (even though I thought the explanation personally was just eh, didn't hold as much weight as it was organically written with the votes in the first place).

Last interaction with Jen was this:

merk posted:

Got anything else?

Disappeared a bit before deadline, so might've been busy, but he left his vote on Sandwolf and peaced out.

##vote merk, just felt like something a scum merk would do. Ramp up attention on scumbuddy early, back off, call a post good, sort of prod back with "well, eh, this might be bad" all while focusing on someone else where he can just park a vote on and leave all while not copping any attention or having to make a potentially hard decision.

Fully expecting merk to OMGUS vote this since he already said "town merk does this" in the thread so we'll see if he's a man of his word and puts a vote on me!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
As if it were organically written*

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

As if it were organically written*

Scum merk talks about how town merk plays

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

Page 7

Page 11

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.

Spoonsy posted:

I’m actually very good with this

##vote Asiina

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.

yuming's case swayed me towards deadline. humalong too.

why only those two?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like coming into day 2, i'm not sure that yuming would be high on my suspect list

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dbd i think you're being too generous painting sandwolf's reactions as being genuine. i'm re-reading him and it looks as if he's trying to deflect away from jen / discredit votes against her right from the get go.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh wait i can't read. you were talking about potentially from jen's perspective. ugh.

well yes i agree then.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

hambeet posted:

oh wait i can't read. you were talking about potentially from jen's perspective. ugh.

well yes i agree then.

Yeah, I think if anything Taste/Jen were mutually genuine, Sandwolf is harder to read for me.. whereas merk seems super off. Maybe not with the individual interactions themselves but everything surrounding Jen otherwise.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jen X posted:

yuming posted:

I have no issue with Jen X's comment about me. Her voting Sandwolf reads neutral to me. The worst part of her posting was her tone of not wanting to engage with the early D1 pressure on her. But once she explained herself I think being a bit flippant initially is fair on a D1 that takes place over the 4th.

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

merk I don't think comes across as scummy.

I don't want to kill Tokes and don't think she's scum but that must be one weird role.

Here's yuming demonstrating a much more helpful type of post, where she actually explains her thoughts! I like this. I like her later elaboration on DGK a great deal, too.

yuming posted:

Active posters I haven't really commented on yet: Hal, taste, DBD I am all content to file as town for now they are reading curious default-town for me.

I have never played with Nevergirls so I am p much at ? ? ? with that read.

Dearest players, what do you think of spoonsy as scum?

I can see it but also I don't think there's enough either way, I'd like him to talk more but his confusion about tokes reads genuine at least

yuming posted:

:psyduck:

Or spoonsy is caught scum making up poo poo about the one player he’s commented on extensively and the last three votes on him.

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct

So yes I remembered why I wanted to look at the interactions around Yuming and Jen and Spoonsy. This all feels very coordinated to me, in order to push the narrative at the time that Tokes was scum over anyone else in that group and when it fell on Asiina they stopped pushing it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jen X posted:

He isn't! I happen to think there's likely a scum in the group, for balance and wine reasons, and he got the info from a teammate and not some strange message, but he's correct

Furthermore, in When Mods Collide where I was scum with Spoonsy, there was a major slip and he went nearly dead silent and hoped it all blew over. It did, nobody called focus to it and left him be. Nobody ever went back and questioned his claim either. I suspect this here as being a major slip or ill-fated dangling of the truth.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

In other news, my sleep pattern is like a scattered plot.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Good morning

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thinking about jenx relationship to spoonsy, hambeet, tokes.

also thinking about solus and merk

Jen X posted:

What is even the case on solus?

I thought it was founded on his response to Tokes and to me that pretty blatantly stems from the masonry, but if there's something else, I'd like to hear it.

Same Q goes re:sandwolf, I've mostly just ignored him because his posts seemed like meta annoyance at merk and that's mindnumbing to read.

I suppose ##vote tokes, her asiina vote is a really incongruent play, I still think spoonsy should go though!

If we had more time, I'd actually suggest we shift the heat to hambeet since his play thus far has been negligible with a side of leading questions (or to taste, but even I can see my one woman crusade isn't bearing fruit there.)

Jen X posted:

##vote: spoonsy

I don't see the solus case, I really don't see the merk case (he feels...like merk, I don't really have any thoughts on him), I could buy sandwolf but I feel like him complaining all day about a meta-argument with merk is too dumb to treat as indicative of anything, and that's everyone with more than 1 vote

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Interestingly enough, we didn't kill JX- and assuming the cabal is scum, that means a third party did it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Our one option for a NK last night was merk, and we decided not to take it- let me be clear on JX's contributions to that discussion, though.

I started out both wanting and not wanting to kill merk, because I didn't really have a read on him
JX then agreed on not killing merk

However, we had an opportunity to induct someone new into the masonry, and I suggested merk if we weren't going to kill him.
JX said she didn't want to induct someone new, lest we mistakenly induct scum and scum takes over the masonry (because using the kill is majority vote).

So if merk's scum with JX, I can see not wanting to kill him. But if they're scum together, why wouldn't she want to induct him? The unpleasant possibility that raises its head to me is that I was wrong about Tokes and she's scum, and there was already a scum majority in the masonry, but if so, and merk's town, why didn't they just kill him anyway with the masonry and NK me?

Oh, also, merk, someone's got it out for you, because they submitted your name to us.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also the merk/JX/Tokes scum together theory is a lot of moving parts, and I'd rather see another flip or scummy results before I start hammering away on that one

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

t a s t e posted:

I don’t disagree. Chasing scum in a group that could have anywhere from 0-2 will be a beneficial scum distraction. I’m not going to policy vote someone in that group unless they seem scummy for other reasons, like Solus and perhaps jen

##vote Taste

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Our one option for a NK last night was merk, and we decided not to take it- let me be clear on JX's contributions to that discussion, though.

I started out both wanting and not wanting to kill merk, because I didn't really have a read on him
JX then agreed on not killing merk

However, we had an opportunity to induct someone new into the masonry, and I suggested merk if we weren't going to kill him.
JX said she didn't want to induct someone new, lest we mistakenly induct scum and scum takes over the masonry (because using the kill is majority vote).

So if merk's scum with JX, I can see not wanting to kill him. But if they're scum together, why wouldn't she want to induct him? The unpleasant possibility that raises its head to me is that I was wrong about Tokes and she's scum, and there was already a scum majority in the masonry, but if so, and merk's town, why didn't they just kill him anyway with the masonry and NK me?

Oh, also, merk, someone's got it out for you, because they submitted your name to us.

I am going to own this right now. In reward for the cryptogram, I received a coin and the opportunity to name a player by the end of day. I was then told that player may die. I assumed it was some sort of PGO if that person targeted me or something wild. Then it was mentioned there might be another person outside of this group you are in. I think that might be me now.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

SolusLunes posted:

Also the merk/JX/Tokes scum together theory is a lot of moving parts, and I'd rather see another flip or scummy results before I start hammering away on that one

This is not a theory I have.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Also if it wasn't clear I thought merk was scum and I still do.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Amnistar posted:

##vote Taste

Specifically, this reads like a soft bus to me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Also if it wasn't clear I thought merk was scum and I still do.

You were one of the three people voting merk yesterday, so I figured you might be that person.

You only got to submit one name?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I can confirm what SolusLunes is saying. I also feel good about him, for whatever that's worth.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jen X posted:

I'm not convinced that tokes' claim is actually a town indicator, I don't really see a good case on solus, yuming is good, the entire merk/sandwolf thing is exhaustingly meta, I'd vote spoonsy if I had to abandon my white whale, and, speaking of, taste is annoying and has given me no reason to change my opinion on him

Interesting takes on some players. I think it makes Sandwolf less likely to be scum because JX just waves away the whole thing instead of taking a position at all. Not sure what it looks like on taste.

I think it potentially looks like a light bus on Spoonsy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm tired and can maybe make a more coherent case later but going through Jen's history she had interesting interactions with a few players (including myself) -- you can judge how you want with me, obviously I know I'm town but I did set her up with a sort of softball explanation of her votes (which I truly wanted an explanation on), but I also kept bringing her up randomly and probably annoying her with how lovely parking her vote on taste looked and wondering if she ever would've explained it if not prompted.

Taste could be a possible bus, but their back and forth seemed super genuine. It felt icy at best and I think she did really think taste's reasoning was bullshit.

Sandwolf I think has a higher probability of being a bus situation with her early vote/unvote and comments succeeding that. She seemed like she would not be surprised if Sandwolf was scum but also felt his reactions were genuine. It read like a bit of hedging.

(This post in particular highlights best on how she felt about both Sand and merk. Interestingly enough, the only time she brought up merk's name was in conjunction with Sandwolf except for the start of the quoted post which was an independent thought.)

---------------------------

Merk is a different case altogether and feels strange. Was very heavy on Jen X early.

His votes on her wasn't from the weird Sandwolf/taste votes that weren't explained until I posed a question towards her, it was in reply to this:

Which, I don't know. Some people felt weird about her saying "our side" but I didn't think it sounded all that bad and it's not a very strong read in general.

Bails off of it quickly from her "reactionary votes" aka omgus votes on two people who pressured her that wasn't explained until prompted by me.

But then hops RIGHT back on the doubt train right after that, but now saying her votes with little to no explanation are actually good which ??? that isn't really mafia if you can't be assed to explain it and expect people to accept your vote. It's just really odd that merk felt good about the votes but bad about the explanation (even though I thought the explanation personally was just eh, didn't hold as much weight as it was organically written with the votes in the first place).

Last interaction with Jen was this:

Disappeared a bit before deadline, so might've been busy, but he left his vote on Sandwolf and peaced out.

##vote merk, just felt like something a scum merk would do. Ramp up attention on scumbuddy early, back off, call a post good, sort of prod back with "well, eh, this might be bad" all while focusing on someone else where he can just park a vote on and leave all while not copping any attention or having to make a potentially hard decision.

Fully expecting merk to OMGUS vote this since he already said "town merk does this" in the thread so we'll see if he's a man of his word and puts a vote on me!

My opinion on JX yesterday went like this:
1. Scummy for that one post;
2. Eh, those early votes calling people out are good;
3. But eh, that long, flowery, unhelpful post doesn't look good.

I didn't really mine it out further than that and wasn't around for deadline to expand on the read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Spoonsy

Spoonsy posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Tokes post. I am honestly at a loss as to what the gambit is here.

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

I do not believe that Spoonsy received ("intercepted?") a message halfway through the day that revealed the masonry and that the masonry had a collective NK. Even if somehow that is true:

Spoonsy posted:

So are we not gonna lunch one of the four people who share a kill or something?

Spoonsy does nothing helpful with the data besides post it. If town gets that data, they re-evaluate the game based on it, not just post a rhetorical question. Spoonsy's scum hunting after this reveal is nothing more than ending the day with a me-too vote on Asiina.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

##vote Spoonsy

I do not believe that Spoonsy received ("intercepted?") a message halfway through the day that revealed the masonry and that the masonry had a collective NK. Even if somehow that is true:

Spoonsy does nothing helpful with the data besides post it. If town gets that data, they re-evaluate the game based on it, not just post a rhetorical question. Spoonsy's scum hunting after this reveal is nothing more than ending the day with a me-too vote on Asiina.

Or it could be that we've seen that this is a game willing to do drops in the middle of a day (the boon), leading to other things behind the scenes that we don't know about, which somehow gets me a message that we've seen confirmed correct through a NK. You tell me that there's a group of 4 people who share a kill, awesome. I will go with that and when we're close to lunch, I will go with the one that looks like they'll be lunched. Did it wind up being the wrong one of them? Yes. Did something else take care of a member who was scum? Also yes.

This does, of course, mean we're left with the two I initially had issue with, before revealing what I knew.

Oh, and I learned more stuff last night too. Just want to see how things shape up before throwing that out to the crowd as none of it explicitly implicates anyone (expectos a patronum)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

DGK2000 posted:

I am going to own this right now. In reward for the cryptogram, I received a coin and the opportunity to name a player by the end of day. I was then told that player may die. I assumed it was some sort of PGO if that person targeted me or something wild. Then it was mentioned there might be another person outside of this group you are in. I think that might be me now.
I was wondering if that might might be the significance of the coin image shown in the two flips we have. Does make me wonder why having a coin doesn't get DGK added to the masonry. Like if you chose to add him to the masonry would have two votes and be able to vote twice, or just then be able to chat with the other coin holders? Not questions that I think help find scum, but I am loving the flavor of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
will asiina's prophecy come to pass???