Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Assuming it is working correctly, it only flags people who have not logged in even once in the past 30 days. However, it sounds like Xbox Live integration broke it, along with most of the useful friend features in the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Not to mention if XBL ever has a shitfit (like it did yesterday for me) you're unable to talk or join any parties.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
XBL makes it a real asspain to blacklist people, too.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So I've taken all the recommended skills for my Fighter subclass, and it looks like I'm going to have SP left over. The build guide says I can spend them on the Crazy tree (doesn't seem like a great idea when I run Automate) or dump them into Melee Power.

Is it safe to just dump them all into the Melee Power skills now, or should I be saving some for future updates?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

So I've taken all the recommended skills for my Fighter subclass, and it looks like I'm going to have SP left over. The build guide says I can spend them on the Crazy tree (doesn't seem like a great idea when I run Automate) or dump them into Melee Power.

Is it safe to just dump them all into the Melee Power skills now, or should I be saving some for future updates?

Any time there's a tree change or a level cap increase you should get a free tree reset for each character.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Don't think this was meant to be in the drop tables yet but, well.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
There's so many things in this version of the game that shouldn't yet be...
How about that tutorial about binding skill rings to units?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You could get lilipan crystals as far back as the xbox open beta from the 2nd to last story quest. They just never bothered to fix it.

See also: the tutorial in the challenge lobbies about the shared ship that doesn't exist

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Timed Abilities? What are those?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Timed Abilities? What are those?

A part of crafting, which will be added in the EP4 updated in August. They're basically abilities such as rare drop/exp up, nullify status effects, etc that can be put on units that work in one single area for a period a(?) week. They're mostly used for rare drop up in wherever the new hotspot to grind items are, or for exp up in tokyo because of a quest that will come out that gives a lot of exp from there.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I need to get lots of meseta to buy a Megumin outfit.

How can I get millions of spacebucks fairly quickly?

I'm not quite at level cap yet, it really slows down now that I'm in the 60s...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Saagonsa posted:

A part of crafting, which will be added in the EP4 updated in August. They're basically abilities such as rare drop/exp up, nullify status effects, etc that can be put on units that work in one single area for a period a(?) week. They're mostly used for rare drop up in wherever the new hotspot to grind items are, or for exp up in tokyo because of a quest that will come out that gives a lot of exp from there.
... In where?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zereth posted:

... In where?

Tokyo, a place where you fight a boss made out of trains. It owns.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Annath posted:

I need to get lots of meseta to buy a Megumin outfit.

How can I get millions of spacebucks fairly quickly?

I'm not quite at level cap yet, it really slows down now that I'm in the 60s...

People despise getting exp eggs from the pet shop so if you have more patience you can convert your grinders to eggs and sell the eggs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

It's the anagram lover's Kyoto!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Hypocrisy posted:

People despise getting exp eggs from the pet shop so if you have more patience you can convert your grinders to eggs and sell the eggs.

I have like 1000 grinders, probably more. How do I turn them into eggs?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

orange juche posted:

Tokyo, a place where you fight a boss made out of trains. It owns.

Also the miniboss is just a real-rear end tank (that forms a missile out of its top when it gets low on health)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Annath posted:

I have like 1000 grinders, probably more. How do I turn them into eggs?

Pet Technician next to the Grinder/Affixer (Dudu and the good one).

Please double check there is still a market for the 6 star eggs though. I'm not 100% sure this is still working.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 5, 2020

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Hypocrisy posted:

Pet Technician next to the Grinder/Affixer (Dudu and the good one).

Please double check there is still a market for the 6 star eggs though. I'm not 100% sure this is still working.

Looks like 6* eggs are listed for ~8400? Is that good? I have 1200 grinders.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I tried it out with a handful and they sold pretty quickly, but now there's a guy selling them for 4k, so YMMV on how much you'll actually make.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm going to miss the VR training UQ. I've really enjoyed sprinting/leaping from boss rush to boss rush and then getting a loot pinata at the end (plus I tend to gain at least 1 level every time it comes up).

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm going to miss the VR training UQ. I've really enjoyed sprinting/leaping from boss rush to boss rush and then getting a loot pinata at the end (plus I tend to gain at least 1 level every time it comes up).

Yeah, the newer quest where you just fight Bar Lodos a bunch of times is a giant wet fart in comparison

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Fawf posted:

Yeah, the newer quest where you just fight Bar Lodos a bunch of times is a giant wet fart in comparison

I don't like fighting Bar Lodos even at the best of times, so killing him 9 times in 30 minutes isn't much fun.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Don't start missing it too hard just yet, it's still on the upcoming schedule. America Xie is in lobby until the 22nd.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Molestationary Store posted:

Don't start missing it too hard just yet, it's still on the upcoming schedule. America Xie is in lobby until the 22nd.

Oh good! The hours are kind of all over the place, but I ought to get a least a few more levels out of it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well, I powered through episode 3 tonight (because who needs sleep)

1) Cheesing Hardcore's level scaling with 45 main class / 75 sub class (+blinged out all class weapons) was satisfying, right until I hit the forced level 80 stuff
2) Game still doesn't understand that you should play the credits at the END
3) I appreciate the game calling Matoi out on her outfits (and I guess they're Xiao's fault)
4) The fake ending was really well done; not really something I expected from a MMO
5) Long missions that rate you based on damage taken still suck
6) I'm now 3 for 3 on doing the UQ with the boss fight right before the normal quest version

Overall it was pretty good. Still a few spots that were a little janky, but otherwise it was much more coherent and better paced than the other episodes.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

4) The fake ending was really well done; not really something I expected from a MMO

Overall it was pretty good. Still a few spots that were a little janky, but otherwise it was much more coherent and better paced than the other episodes.

Yeah the I felt the story jank improved significantly after episode 1, and generally got better during 2 as well. 3 really hammered home the Harukotan stuff though, and anything featuring the Ash Maiden (not going to bother trying to spell her name) was super cringey though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nemo2342 posted:

5) Long missions that rate you based on damage taken still suck

One of the most infuriating things about this game.

"Here do this 30 minute mission. Oh wait, we gave you no indicator of how much damage you took but you took 2 damage too many. gently caress you."

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Frush posted:

Yeah the I felt the story jank improved significantly after episode 1, and generally got better during 2 as well. 3 really hammered home the Harukotan stuff though, and anything featuring the Ash Maiden (not going to bother trying to spell her name) was super cringey though.

I liked the Harukotan stuff, but then I have enjoyed all the (mostly) side-stories about why we’re on different planets.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The best way to get the s rank on the missions that rank you on damage taken I've found has been to cheese it with a low level character with a 75 subclass. A level 1 summoner with a max level pet is a great option. The enemies won't scale with your pet and your pet taking damage doesn't count for that.

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
I went back to do a few story missions on hardcore as a 75/75er.
That was a mistake.

The bosses seemingly have a gazillion HP. A battle with a single Vol Dragon took longer than Falz & Luther put together.
It doesn't help that as previously mentioned, the ranking system is obtuse and aggravating. Altogether, these missions give off a vibe I haven't felt since like...Virtual On Marz? The design and structure is very third-rate, like it was all thrown together in a single brainstorming session, and the devs/testers were too pressed for time to make it fun.

PepsimanVsJoe fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 9, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

I went back to do a few story missions on hardcore as a 75/75er.
That was a mistake.

The bosses seemingly have a gazillion HP. A battle with a single Vol Dragon took longer than Falz & Luther put together.
It doesn't help that as previously mentioned, the ranking system is obtuse and aggravating. Altogether, these missions give off a vibe I haven't felt since like...Virtual On Marz? The design and structure is very third-rate, like it was all thrown together in a single brainstorming session, and the devs/testers were too pressed for time to make it fun.

The lv75 story missions are mostly balanced assuming that you have at least an okay 13 star weapon and that you are very familiar with the best ways of dealing damage, for the most part. It's called hardcore after all!

This is how the Vol Dragon fight in the story goes for me, for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVWq87XjzCk

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

...they scale with you?

Hm. I may need to do something stupid here for that now that I know you can cheese it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I believe the later ep3 ones are locked to 80 but for earlier ones cheese is possible.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Saagonsa posted:

The lv75 story missions are mostly balanced assuming that you have at least an okay 13 star weapon and that you are very familiar with the best ways of dealing damage, for the most part. It's called hardcore after all!

This is how the Vol Dragon fight in the story goes for me, for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVWq87XjzCk

I did Ep 1-2 in the later half of leveling my primary class, and the bosses at least weren’t expecting me to show up with a +35 nemesis weapon. Some of the fights (Luther) still expect you to have some idea of how they work since you can’t out dps being one-shot.

Stanos posted:

I believe the later ep3 ones are locked to 80 but for earlier ones cheese is possible.

Thankfully only the last 2 missions with Falz Apprentice are locked to 80.

You’ll know you’re there when you walk in and get smacked down by the first set of robots.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m in mid-episode 1 and the last time I tried a Hardcore story quest I took 10 times my max health in damage and got a C.

After eating a dozen deaths to blowing myself up, Gwanada’s succ attack, and Dark Ragne’s everything. On separate attempts.

That said I don’t have a +35 nemesis weapon (I have a +33 Sigma rod) and I’m a Force in an era without tech crafting, so things could be better.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lmao so this showed up on Reddit for Ship 2,

I immediately mentally drew a ring on the left ring "finger" and reminisced about the goatman :shobon:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

I’m in mid-episode 1 and the last time I tried a Hardcore story quest I took 10 times my max health in damage and got a C.

After eating a dozen deaths to blowing myself up, Gwanada’s succ attack, and Dark Ragne’s everything. On separate attempts.

That said I don’t have a +35 nemesis weapon (I have a +33 Sigma rod) and I’m a Force in an era without tech crafting, so things could be better.

I failed that one too since I am playing Hunter and it’s just so easy to take damage when you’re charging a group of enemies.

The weapons mostly help for boss fights, since those rank you on time instead of damage. S ranking the exploration ones really seem to rely on you being at range all the time.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

orange juche posted:

lmao so this showed up on Reddit for Ship 2,

I immediately mentally drew a ring on the left ring "finger" and reminisced about the goatman :shobon:

Looks like we found the Profound Darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Today I learned the hard way that if equipment has a unique attribute on it the fact you can't select it in the upgrade screen doesn't mean it's safe, it means it's absolutely getting deleted.

Granted it wasn't very good, which is why I was upgrading it, but still!