Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Squishy posted:

A few questions: what's w/ Penta's hand thing he does all the time.

His Cero Miedo pose? :miedo:

It means Zero Fear and is his gimmick: he's an insane masked skeleton-man who literally isn't scared of anything. Also, unrelated, he's incapable of distinguishing the difference between himself and somebody wearing the same costume as himself, and just assumes there are two of him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
maybe i was just letting the pedigree work on my brain, but Pillman Jr looks like a natural and a future star

hell even if it was partially the pedigree, it worked so :shrug:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

His Cero Miedo post? :ceromiedo:

It means Zero Fear and is his gimmick: he's an insane masked man who literally isn't scared of anything. Also, unrelated, he's incapable of distinguishing the difference between himself and somebody wearing the same costume as himself, and just assumes there are two of him now.

It actually works really well with his character that the move (and the glove thing) take a while. It means he's going to do it right in your face and take a long time over it because he's not afraid of you.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

maybe i was just letting the pedigree work on my brain, but Pillman Jr looks like a natural and a future star

Pillman Jr has a great look, a good physique, and a watchable set of skills in the ring. I'd like to see him build on that. He also does have a degree of star quality.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Pillman Jr looks like a Buff Riff Raff

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

His Cero Miedo pose? :miedo:

It means Zero Fear and is his gimmick: he's an insane masked skeleton-man who literally isn't scared of anything. Also, unrelated, he's incapable of distinguishing the difference between himself and somebody wearing the same costume as himself, and just assumes there are two of him now.

My pet theory is that as an insane masked skellyman Penta knows that everybody should be afraid of him but he also has zero fear, so when he sees himself he knows that he should be scared but he can't be scared and so he kinda just shuts down from the logical paradox.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

smarxist posted:

I know literally nothing about Brian Pillman Sr. aside from the tragedy of his passing at a young age and I also thought Jr was great. I hope he sticks around.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I may be called wrong for this and that’s okay:

Nakanakanakazawa is reaaal bad. The oil is good for a bit of a laugh, and I’m a huge fan of laughing at silly poo poo in wrestling, but the underwear thing suuuuuuucks. I’m embarrassed to be watching it, similar to when Rikishi would rub his big ole rear end on peoples face.

To balance that out:

I absolutely love the Butcher and his new nickname Big Butch. I also love how to Taz, everything is whatever “Jones”. Big fan of that.

Also, I always pop for Peter Avalon’s facial expressions, every time

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Deafboy posted:

I may be called wrong for this and that’s okay:

Nakanakanakazawa is reaaal bad. The oil is good for a bit of a laugh, and I’m a huge fan of laughing at silly poo poo in wrestling, but the underwear thing suuuuuuucks. I’m embarrassed to be watching it, similar to when Rikishi would rub his big ole rear end on peoples face.

To balance that out:

I absolutely love the Butcher and his new nickname Big Butch. I also love how to Taz, everything is whatever “Jones”. Big fan of that.

Also, I always pop for Peter Avalon’s facial expressions, every time

yea I agree on nakazawa. the underwear thing is very wwe and kinda lame.

I also like how taz refers to everything as a "gimmick".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I fully believe that Taz refers to everything in his kitchen as some kind of gimmick.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Excalibur (sobbing): please, Taz, you can't call everything a gimmick.
Taz: *points at microphone* gimmick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

I know I say it a lot, but goddamn do I love Orange Cassidy's Superman Punch.

It's an elbow strike that's why he takes off his elbow pad before doing it why does everyone make this mistake.

They even called it an elbow strike on commentary this week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

It's an elbow strike that's why he takes off his elbow pad before doing it why does everyone make this mistake.

They even called it an elbow strike on commentary this week.

It looks like a superman punch, he's had one in his moveset for a while, and they often do a cut during the impact and cut to behind the person taking it so you never really see if he uses his fist or elbow. It took me a bit to realize it was an elbow strike.

https://twitter.com/aewontnt/status/1273436053676818432

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

A few questions: what's w/ Penta's hand thing he does all the time. It takes a lot of time as far as wrestling poses go.

:miedo: is because he has no fear and is amazing. If you mean the slow process of taking off his glove it's because he and Fenix have the absolute loudest chest chops in business and once you get the feel for that it's a really effective intimidation move, or at least it is for me.

Speaking of the Mexi-Kings, I would propose that the inclusion of B&B(&B?) into Triangulo de la Muerte should be Pentagon III and should absolutely loving happen as soon as Coward Tony smuggles PAC back across the sea.

I was shocked at how much "offense" Luther got against a wrestler who is really good but I'm honestly glad that he got as much time as he did. It's conclusive proof that he's just the worst loving wrestler holy poo poo. He is poo from a butt. Also Sean Dean should have won.

Excal and Taz mentioned some sort of interaction with Uno offering PHB membership for an easy win but they didn't show us the promo and why would they do that to us?

rantmo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 8, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

rantmo posted:

:miedo: is because he has no fear and is amazing. If you mean the slow process of taking off his glove it's because he and Fenix have the absolute loudest chest chops in business and once you get the feel for that it's a really effective intimidation move, or at least it is for me.

Speaking of the Mexi-Kings, I would propose that the inclusion of B&B(&B?) into Triangulo de la Muerte should be Pentagon III and should absolutely loving happen as soon as Coward Tony smuggles PAC back across the sea.

I was shocked at how much "offense" Luther got against a wrestler who is really good but I'm honestly glad that he got as much time as he did. It's conclusive proof that he's just the worst loving wrestler holy poo poo. He is poo from a butt. Also Sean Dean should have won.

Excal and Taz mentioned some sort of interaction with Uno offering PHB membership for an easy win but they didn't show us the promo and why would they do that to us?

to add to this Pentagon Jr was Master Wato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzqQCoJ5Fy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZv9AL1648

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Watching now!

- Pullman Jr's got a hell of a mullet, holy poo poo. And he somehow looks less cheesy than the be-sequin'd Spears. Pillman Jr. also seemed much more composed and comfortable in the ring than Spears.

- Chanel's entrance is to do a Turkish get-up with her bag? :wtc: Swole on the other hand :3: Some good Taz commentary here, "Runnin' around in France with vegetation on your head? No good!" Bit of a slow match.

- Dustin, "How about you DON'T do that?" :shrug:

- The "banshee-esque Luther," lol. Luther is so sluggish he can barely even sell moves. Woof.

- The 8-man match, man. That B-Squad sure was something. Lucha Bros and Butcher & Blade kick rear end, holy moly.

- Was that Orange Cassidy silliness a "One Punch Man" reference or something?

- LOL @ Aubrey wanting nothing to do with Nakazawa's oil. Taz: "Lookit me, I'm just ripping my raspberry underwear off and fallin' ova. Haha, I love this guy"

- Avalon and Cutler continue to look better and better! Honestly I think they performed better than the Dark Order imho.

Another fun broadcast overall!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

It looks like a superman punch, he's had one in his moveset for a while, and they often do a cut during the impact and cut to behind the person taking it so you never really see if he uses his fist or elbow. It took me a bit to realize it was an elbow strike.

https://twitter.com/aewontnt/status/1273436053676818432

I'm aware what it looks like but it's always been pretty obvious to me that it's an elbow strike not a punch :shrug:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It really depends on the angle you're viewing it at and how far away OC ends up from his victim, I think it tends to look like a punch more than an elbow strike.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

It really depends on the angle you're viewing it at and how far away OC ends up from his victim, I think it tends to look like a punch more than an elbow strike.

Sure but he takes off his elbow pad. Why would he do that for a punch?

idk maybe I'm just better at picking that stuff up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a weighted elbow pad that limits his power, obviously.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean they're clearly intending it to be some sort of elbow strike given that but other than that I just don't see how anything about the presentation up until last night suggests it.

What matters is that OC is great and is going to beat Chris Jericho to death tonight.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

smarxist posted:

he was so good at babyface fire that it made the match feel more important than it was

pillman 2 100% is going to be a big deal, fairly quick

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm aware what it looks like but it's always been pretty obvious to me that it's an elbow strike not a punch :shrug:

And I gave you all the reasons I was confused for a bit :shrug:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wow, what changed between October and now? Before the dynamite debut people were suggesting Pillman Jr. vs Liger as the first ever match and people shot it down because Pillman Jr. sucked.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Shawn Spears oughtta be champion of Dark

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Wow, what changed between October and now? Before the dynamite debut people were suggesting Pillman Jr. vs Liger as the first ever match and people shot it down because Pillman Jr. sucked.

I haven't exactly been following the career of Pillman Jr, but if you've only been wrestling (or doing anything that requires specialized skills, really) for a few years an additional nine months of experience can be huge.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
See: Baker, Britt

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lid posted:

See: Baker, Britt

I think you mean Baker, Britt, Dr., DMD, Role Model. Show some loving respect ok.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I haven't exactly been following the career of Pillman Jr, but if you've only been wrestling (or doing anything that requires specialized skills, really) for a few years an additional nine months of experience can be huge.

I think people expected a lot because his dad was pretty much a natural and was terrific for a long while

Pillman vs Michaels could have been something else

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lanky_Nibz posted:

The "banshee-esque Luther," lol. Luther is so sluggish he can barely even sell moves. Woof.

That north Florida heat was not doing the Original Death Dealer/Japanese Death Match Legend any favors out there, for sure. Whatever, I'm still entertained by him and look forward to everyone here Jedi Mind Tricking themselves into liking him by year's end.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

Shawn Spears oughtta be champion of Dark

That's a weird way to spell "LUTHER"

👉😛

(no, of course it should be the mad king Peter Avalon, his loyal adviser Leva Bates, and the long suffering sheriff, Brandon Cutler)

EDIT:

CombineThresher posted:

That north Florida heat was not doing the Original Death Dealer/Japanese Death Match Legend any favors out there, for sure. Whatever, I'm still entertained by him and look forward to everyone here Jedi Mind Tricking themselves into liking him by year's end.

Oh god its already happening to meeeeee

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

CombineThresher posted:

I enjoyed Luther a bit, especially seeing people freak out over how bad he is, the head pointing and tongue etc. but I'm over it he can please go away and never come back. Also the screaming and his spit going everywhere sucks in a pandemic.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Marmaduke! posted:

I enjoyed Luther a bit, especially seeing people freak out over how bad he is, the head pointing and tongue etc. but I'm over it he can please go away and never come back. Also the screaming and his spit going everywhere sucks in a pandemic.

His suplexes still look good, at least to me, but someone really needs to coerce him into getting back into some kind of ring shape.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

That's a punch.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

CarlCX posted:

Was Chanel some kind of rib we're just not in on or something?

had this thought multiple times during the match

swole's offense regressed bc she clearly didn't trust her to take strikes and was probably correct

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

blunt posted:

That's a punch.

I've been watching way too much Cassidy today to figure out what it is and I feel like I've lost my mind because I always thought he was doing a superman punch but rewatching old indie videos it's looks more like an elbow strike though he keeps his pad on for a lot of them.

Edit: He works it by really hitting people with his forearm and kind of dragging it across their face so my answer to "is it a superman punch or elbow strike?" is: yes.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 9, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Its a chi blast

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've been watching way too much Cassidy today to figure out what it is and I feel like I've lost my mind because I always thought he was doing a superman punch but rewatching old indie videos it's looks more like an elbow strike though he keeps his pad on for a lot of them.

Edit: He works it by really hitting people with his forearm and kind of dragging it across their face so my answer to "is it a superman punch or elbow strike?" is: yes.

Well he lead into it on Dynamite by looking at his fist so I'm saying it's a punch now.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

They just added a six man tag, right? Does anyone have the lineup handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lanky_Nibz posted:

They just added a six man tag, right? Does anyone have the lineup handy?

Wrestling, Inc. says Dark Order vs. Shawn Dean, Will Hobbs, and Joe Alonzo.