Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Thanks, the issue isn't that I don't have the receipt, I have it right here. But they charged me for three items when I only actually had two in the cart.

The receipt checker should have caught that before you left the building, but nobody's perfect. Your situation is probably more common than you think. Some people check their receipt as soon as it's handed to them, but most don't. It's easy to not notice you're overcharged for an item $30 or less when you're spending $400 a trip. I'm not familiar with the returns department, but you could try going to the returns desk and explaining the situation, there's a nonzero chance they can take care of it for you without any issue. And if that doesn't work then I'm sure you can Karen your way into getting a refund on the overcharged item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Minto Took posted:

Went to church today and only saw one sinner who couldn't mask properly. I got the Bibigo bulgogi since the mini wontons are gone forever it seems.

Just as I figured out I could simmer a rotisserie chicken carcass overnight, and drop those mini wontons in the broth for an amazing soup.

Of course they're gone. My fault, guys, sorry. Whenever I learn to like something it gets discontinued.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I have considered all of y'alls advice, listened to none of it, and bought a tent and an shave ice maker. And a ridiculous amount of cat litter. I live 1.5 hours from Costco so I can't really just wander in whenever so I just bought big stuff. I've always loved Costco but actually having money to spend at it is a game changer. I should move closer.

I ate two dogs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yo that cat litter in the hard plastic container may be a little cheaper and easier to pour than the big bag but it's not worth it. It doesn't clump at all so you just get an unsiftable mess of litter that reeks of ammonia so bad it made me light-headed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TraderStav posted:

Thanks, the issue isn't that I don't have the receipt, I have it right here. But they charged me for three items when I only actually had two in the cart.

I do believe this.

Oh I actually ran into that exact same problem once. I was dealing with them online though and it ended up I was reading the receipt wrong but they were totally going to refund me anyway.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Oddly enough the Costco cat litter in Australia isn't any cheaper than getting it from Kmart or bigW, except it comes in a bigger bag.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

norp posted:

Oddly enough the Costco cat litter in Australia isn't any cheaper than getting it from Kmart or bigW, except it comes in a bigger bag.

:confused:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

GORDON posted:

Just as I figured out I could simmer a rotisserie chicken carcass overnight, and drop those mini wontons in the broth for an amazing soup.

Of course they're gone. My fault, guys, sorry. Whenever I learn to like something it gets discontinued.

Was it you who liked stacy’s pita chips and got them removed from costco?!?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Fallom posted:

Yo that cat litter in the hard plastic container may be a little cheaper and easier to pour than the big bag but it's not worth it. It doesn't clump at all so you just get an unsiftable mess of litter that reeks of ammonia so bad it made me light-headed.

the tidy cat 40 pound bag is a pretty good deal when it goes on sale for $9.something a bag. It's not incredibly cheaper than something like PetSmart brand when it's on sale but you're getting a name brand and I think it clumps a little better.

priznat posted:

they what now!?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Paul MaudDib posted:

they what now!?

Yeah around here we haven’t had them in, poo poo, been a couple years now. The annoying thing is I buy hummus and pita bread to toast it but it’s never the same and end up throwing a bunch of both out when they go bad.

I miss the giant stacy’s bag. :sigh:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

No, but the queso dip, pot stickers, and bulk Hershey bars were my fault. Sorry.

Also... The polish dogs.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Fallom posted:

Wife and I have hella cats and you have to be careful with TidyCat litters, because they use the same color-coded labels for both clumping and non-clumping litters and just differentiate it by saying if it clumps or not, including the fact that the huge bag of one and the clear plastic container is non-clumping, and the normal yellow 30lb pail or whatever is clumping. We fostered some kittens and got the giant bag that looked identical to the yellow pail, except the bag doesnt clump. loving annnnnnnoying.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Fallom posted:

Well I guess I get to experience the wonders of the Costco return policy. I only got it because it's so big and my cats like a lot of litter (cause they're fat).

OmniCorp
Oct 30, 2004

Last trip I was able to restock on paper towels. Annoying that they’re individually wrapped in the big pack. Bonus was a compliment from our HVAC guys about paper towel quality. Any recipe recommendations on frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs like a biryani or just put bbq sauce on and broil/grill? Just got new tires swapped on and winters now in storage. Only took an hour when they opened and I got to wander around the post apocalyptic outdoor mall while waiting.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

priznat posted:

these are back now

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I meant cheaper per kilogram - we have labelling laws that require unit prices to be posted so I'm now trained that "cheaper" is based on that easily comparable value.

Kmart sells 3kg bags, Costco has 6kg bags for the same per kilo price.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

norp posted:

I meant cheaper per kilogram - we have labelling laws that require unit prices to be posted so I'm now trained that "cheaper" is based on that easily comparable value.

Kmart sells 3kg bags, Costco has 6kg bags for the same per kilo price.

Yeah it took me a few min but that’s what I figured you meant I just thought it was funny.

Also I don’t have cats but why wouldn’t you want clumping litter?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Our cat refuses to use clumping litter, we have to use the crystals or she shits on the floor

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Went to church Monday (Woodland Hills branch) and the stupids are back. TP, paper towels, and most bottled water all gone. I'd already gotten what I needed in prior visits, but sad to see some folks still haven't realized COVID doesn't give you the shits.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Doodles posted:

Went to church Monday (Woodland Hills branch) and the stupids are back. TP, paper towels, and most bottled water all gone. I'd already gotten what I needed in prior visits, but sad to see some folks still haven't realized COVID doesn't give you the shits.

The hoarding slash panic buying has started anew

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Snackin on a bag of those crispy taco flavor lays I got from costco. Kinda wish I got something else. Not great, not terrible

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Snackin on a bag of those crispy taco flavor lays I got from costco. Kinda wish I got something else. Not great, not terrible

Return them!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nah they're not that bad. I'll just eat them after smokin out

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I went to church on Monday and they rolled in a pallet of Kirkland TP just as I approached the section despite it being after noon. They also had Charmin available but TBH I always find Charmin to be a little too thick. I'm just used to Kirkland (although since Corona started it has been Marathon that has been in stock and I hate that poo poo). They also had hand sanitizer. It was pretty awesome. They didn't have hand soap though so I'm gonna have to go elsewhere for that. Because I am trying to limit trips I am now going to church once per month and spending five bills each time. I had a flat cart stacked higher than the handle. So blessed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Join the bidet club and don't worry about toilet paper quality again. The water does 95% of the work for you

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Join the bidet club and don't worry about toilet paper quality again. The water does 95% of the work for you

This x1000.

It’s freeing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Does anyone remember a jug of juice called Aroniaberry that Costco used to have in the 90s? poo poo was good and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it since

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

This x1000.

It’s freeing.

Had to travel.recently.

No bidet in hotel room.

It was like being a caveman.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

canyoneer posted:

MarcusSA posted:

This x1000.

It’s freeing.

GORDON posted:

Had to travel.recently.

No bidet in hotel room.

It was like being a caveman.

I've been able to convert a couple of my friends since this pandemic started. Every one of them is now on the, 'lmao just imagine cleaning your rear end by rubbing it with loving paper LIKE A CAVEMAN' train.

Everyone should have a bidet

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
A bidet is one of the first things going in to our house as soon as we buy one.

Right now we're stuck with a weird apartment toilet with non standard fittings that I can't quite wrangle a bidet seat on.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Bidets are awesome and life changing etc. etc. but you still need a quality TP along with it. Kirkland stuff just disintegrates when it gets wet, while the Charmin holds up nice and strong.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Enos Cabell posted:

Bidets are awesome and life changing etc. etc. but you still need a quality TP along with it. Kirkland stuff just disintegrates when it gets wet, while the Charmin holds up nice and strong.

Sorry your church doesn't have the good Kirkland stuff. I'm never buying anything different again.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Some Florida Man got pissy about not wearing a mask at church and it went viral. He apparently lost his job over it. https://www.news-press.com/story/news/2020/07/07/costco-yell-fort-myers-florida-man-video-viral/5393247002/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mandalay posted:

Some Florida Man got pissy about not wearing a mask at church and it went viral. He apparently lost his job over it. https://www.news-press.com/story/news/2020/07/07/costco-yell-fort-myers-florida-man-video-viral/5393247002/

Good.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Holy crap, I’m glad bidet chat is happening right now because I’ve been on the fence about getting one, and Costco’s website has several different options. Are there any particular recommendations on one that the ‘Co carries? I know Toto basically perfected them, but they only carry one by Toto and it seems to have mixed reviews. I’d like to keep it to $600 or less if possible. Please help me take my rear end wiping game to the next level fellow churchgoers!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m personally tempted to get the super cheap model that just has the squirter to try it out. It’s like $25 or whatever, can’t go wrong.

Then I would move up to the wifi enabled model so I can tell siri I am about to take a dump and she can warm the seat and turn the lights down and put on some mood music.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Get the most expensive one you can find you only have one anus and it deserves to be pampered.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

priznat posted:

I’m personally tempted to get the super cheap model that just has the squirter to try it out. It’s like $25 or whatever, can’t go wrong.

Then I would move up to the wifi enabled model so I can tell siri I am about to take a dump and she can warm the seat and turn the lights down and put on some mood music.

I can't poo poo without listening to Butthole Surfers either

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

priznat posted:

If you just want to "try it out" to see what it feels like just use a turkey baster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can never find the legendary Sherpa blanket at my church that you guys rave about. Is this equivalent? (It’s on lightning deal right now.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HF2CR82/