Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Also the merk/JX/Tokes scum together theory is a lot of moving parts, and I'd rather see another flip or scummy results before I start hammering away on that one

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Spoonsy posted:

Or it could be that we've seen that this is a game willing to do drops in the middle of a day (the boon), leading to other things behind the scenes that we don't know about, which somehow gets me a message that we've seen confirmed correct through a NK. You tell me that there's a group of 4 people who share a kill, awesome. I will go with that and when we're close to lunch, I will go with the one that looks like they'll be lunched. Did it wind up being the wrong one of them? Yes. Did something else take care of a member who was scum? Also yes.

This does, of course, mean we're left with the two I initially had issue with, before revealing what I knew.

Oh, and I learned more stuff last night too. Just want to see how things shape up before throwing that out to the crowd as none of it explicitly implicates anyone (expectos a patronum)

##unvote

I'm going to rethink I guess. I forgot about the boon, and I guess a day messenger isn't that zany.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Spoonsy posted:

Or it could be that we've seen that this is a game willing to do drops in the middle of a day (the boon), leading to other things behind the scenes that we don't know about, which somehow gets me a message that we've seen confirmed correct through a NK.

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

fuckin' death millers, man

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

Oh, I don't think you killed your own mason member. Doesn't mean both of you are 100% town given that one member flipped scum, but I know neither of you guys killed Jen

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

How can DGK back you up if he isn't in your masonry? He just knows he voted merk, he wouldn't know if you and Tokes voted JX.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Well, I was hoping the night-kill-masons would kill scum in their group, but that wasn't who I was expecting. Bet that was a very interesting mason chat last night.

hang on, how did you know this was a thing? did I miss something?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I don't think merk is scum because if he is, then why wouldn't jenx want him in the masonry? Unless the masonry is made up

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

hang on, how did you know this was a thing? did I miss something?

If you mean that they have a masonry,

SolusLunes posted:

if you want to have something even more spicy I think there's a fifth member who isn't in the masonry, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into flavor tbh for that one

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tokes now that N1 has passed and you're alive is there anything more you can share about your role

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Though now I'm curious what flavor Solus could be referring to that indicates a possible fifth member, if that member is DGK from getting the boon, since I wouldn't expect Solus to have received new flavor between DGK winning the boon and Solus stating that.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

If you mean that they have a masonry,

aaaah thow did spoonsy know that four people share a kill?!
I missed all these posts

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Though now I'm curious what flavor Solus could be referring to that indicates a possible fifth member, if that member is DGK from getting the boon, since I wouldn't expect Solus to have received new flavor between DGK winning the boon and Solus stating that.

I read the flavor in the op and didn't see anything about four people masonry. even if it was like, the heads of the 3 houses, that's still three people.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Please actually read D1.

Spoonsy posted:

I mean hell if it makes you all feel better, I intercepted (no I have no idea where it came from, no I cannot quote the image) a communication that told me that Asiina, JenX, Tokes, and Solus have a collective NK. As I said, can't say scum, can't say 3P, but not town!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

How can DGK back you up if he isn't in your masonry? He just knows he voted merk, he wouldn't know if you and Tokes voted JX.

He didn't vote them, he submitted the name that we voted on. We don't actually get to pick a person, just to vote one person on the list of people provided to us. Which was just merk last night.

Sub Rosa posted:

Totally lied about it being flavor of my character, it was directly in my role PM. I wasn't sure about it before going through a night and seeing how things worked, but I wanted to put that out there in case I died and one of my masonbuds could confirm it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

thanks I was working my way backwards and found it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Gonna say spoonsy is town because the information he gave was true and also good for town

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gonna say spoonsy is town because the information he gave was true and also good for town

I'm kind of thinking that's right too after thinking on it more. The alternative is some scum mastermind gambit to out the mason group for no reason.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I won’t vote merk today. I would vote Solus or Sandwolf. Solus has somehow ignored the discussion Token and I had where she asked me to vote her, yet is latching onto my “bad vote” for her as a life preserver as he lurches toward being the clear vote leader.

Sandwolf is probably scum just from getting real tunneled on merk.

##vote solus

I have no other reads atm. Feel free to coordinate in your scum chat as to how to use my lack of reads to your advantage.

These are some weak reads.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Oh, wow, that's different.

DGK2000 posted:

I am going to own this right now. In reward for the cryptogram, I received a coin and the opportunity to name a player by the end of day. I was then told that player may die. I assumed it was some sort of PGO if that person targeted me or something wild. Then it was mentioned there might be another person outside of this group you are in. I think that might be me now.

So only DGK was able to submit a name to the list. But DGK wasn't a voter by not being in the masonry?

So when you say there is a fifth member as set out in your roll, that isn't DGK but an unknown voter?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I'm kind of thinking that's right too after thinking on it more. The alternative is some scum mastermind gambit to out the mason group for no reason.

In retrospect, back when Matrix Mafia was run however many years ago, I wish I had done exactly this as the Godfather/self aligned SK

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Oh, wow, that's different.

So only DGK was able to submit a name to the list. But DGK wasn't a voter by not being in the masonry?

So when you say there is a fifth member as set out in your roll, that isn't DGK but an unknown voter?

No, pretty sure it was DGK. There isn't an unknown voter as far as I know.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: voting Asiina

DGK2000 posted:

This strikes me as scummy as gently caress from both of them.
I thought that was a good catch and it really stood out as made-up to me.

Obv I was wrong and I feel bad since Asiina was excited about the role but I'm more interested in looking at how the votes fall in relation to Jen.

Also, I think merk looks better for his pressure on Jen so I'm confused by the suspicion there from DGK and DBD.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

In retrospect, back when Matrix Mafia was run however many years ago, I wish I had done exactly this as the Godfather/self aligned SK

my flavor seems to imply there is an sk in this game

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Amnistar posted:

Specifically, this reads like a soft bus to me.
I could see it.

I am catching up on new posts and then later today I'm going to reread back is my plan.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Thanks for pointing out the death millers thing in the OP :sparkles:

That could be where the scum kill went and what better time to use it.

When I reread after my run I will take both Jen as scum and Jen as ~wacky-death-miller~ into account.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh it think it’s unlikely but it’s weird to joke about... I didn’t even notice it before.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

poo poo, that is there isn't it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Wait, what does dgk have to do with this?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Furthermore, accusing me of bussing is a hell of a way to acknowledge I was right about Jen and you all were wrong about my and merk’s votes on her

Do better

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (1): Deadbeat Dad
t a s t e (1): Amnistar
Spoonsy (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (14): DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, merk, Mr. Humalong, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, peramene, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Sub Rosa, t a s t e, Token Female, yuming

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 09th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

t a s t e posted:

Furthermore, accusing me of bussing is a hell of a way to acknowledge I was right about Jen and you all were wrong about my and merk’s votes on her

Do better

I was barely around yesterday after replacing in and so nothing about your votes. This defensive gut response is pretty bad taste.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Wait, what does dgk have to do with this?

He claims to be the one to have submitted Merk as the kill option to the masonry.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amnistar posted:

I was barely around yesterday after replacing in and so nothing about your votes. This defensive gut response is pretty bad taste.

Stop projecting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

He claims to be the one to have submitted Merk as the kill option to the masonry.

Oh, my b I’m just waking up 💀

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

V. no faking day actions, immediate modkill unless it's really funny.
VI. death millers?

did ya'll not know you were signing up for madness that tasted like candy

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SolusLunes posted:

You were one of the three people voting merk yesterday, so I figured you might be that person.

You only got to submit one name?

Correct. I was only allowed to submit one name.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SolusLunes posted:

Yes, as I submitted Merk if the masonry follows the rules laid out previously then they did not commit the NK.

RE; Death Millers: I am pretty certain it is a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Spoonsy posted:

Oh, I don't think you killed your own mason member. Doesn't mean both of you are 100% town given that one member flipped scum, but I know neither of you guys killed Jen

You may as well give out the information you have from last night, seeing as you clearly laid part of it out here.