Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Twitch posted:

I was looking forward to the Nightmare on Elm Street 3 live show last month, and then in September, but there's no way this poo poo will be over by then.

Yeah, as much as I would like to see these guys live again... I would feel way more comfortable just letting them have my money and staying home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Expendables episode introduced the very slim possibility of a WLM on Universal Soldier and I want that so bad now

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Muldoons also made a Discord

https://discord.gg/c5vPjG

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Having listened to a bunch of old eps recently, I feel like whenever another movie comes up and they go "that's definitely a stay tuned!" it hardly ever seems to happen. I wish I'd written those down as they got mentioned cause now I can't remember any examples.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The WHM reddit keeps an updated list. https://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

It seems like they used to go back to stay tuneds more in the past, but they also just drop it a lot more these days. They should do some sort of bracket with them like Blank Check does for March Madness.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Beer_Suitcase posted:

YES!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Crowetron posted:

Expendables episode introduced the very slim possibility of a WLM on Universal Soldier and I want that so bad now

Have the guys somehow missed the last two ones that are really loving good? Day of Reckoning was incredibly hyped in film nerd circles when it released.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ror posted:

The WHM reddit keeps an updated list. https://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

It seems like they used to go back to stay tuneds more in the past, but they also just drop it a lot more these days. They should do some sort of bracket with them like Blank Check does for March Madness.

They had a Stay Tuned month a few years ago and I wish they'd do it again.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Having listened to a bunch of old eps recently, I feel like whenever another movie comes up and they go "that's definitely a stay tuned!" it hardly ever seems to happen. I wish I'd written those down as they got mentioned cause now I can't remember any examples.

I'm still waiting for the What Lies Beneath episode, dammit.

"That is 'Harrison Ford stars in: Wet Sweaters'."

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I am seriously thinking of buying Cats and then upping my Patreon for the commentary just so I can have the experience of the guys being horrified and baffled for nearly two hours straight.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I am seriously thinking of buying Cats and then upping my Patreon for the commentary just so I can have the experience of the guys being horrified and baffled for nearly two hours straight.

All the commentaries are great. The first couple Twilights are excellent.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Catsmentary and Commandomentary are my favorites. Steve watching Commando for the first time was a real treat.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy poo poo, I just saw the infamous "MacClunkey" moment in Star Wars: A New Hope. Even for Lucas' usual fuckery that was egregious.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I would suggest not doing that, I tried to watch it with the commentary and fell asleep a half hour in.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Beer_Suitcase posted:

good christ it weirds me out that a dude whose avatar I have had to sit and watch when I see it for the last 15 years may be on the same discord I am

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
July's schedule is out! For those interested:

- The Mask
- The Terminal
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
- Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Patreon Episodes:
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- The Mask: The Animated Series: "Mr. Mask Goes to Washington"
- The Nexus: TOS: "The Deadly Years" , TNG: "Q Who"
- Gleep Glossary: Bib Fortuna
- Patreon Re-Released Commentary: Sucker Punch

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

- The Mask
- The Terminal
- Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Patreon Episodes:

Awesome. I've actually seen all those movies except the Lara Croft one, so I'll be able to follow along :v:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Huh, good timing. I was just about to buy that commentary since Sucker Punch is on Netflix.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IBroughttheFunk posted:

- The Mask
- The Terminal
- Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Patreon Episodes:

You buried the leade Order of Boop shirts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Much like the Mummy I now must dust off my 2009's Sherlock Holmes movies were good drat it shirt.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

IBroughttheFunk posted:

- The Mask
- The Terminal
- Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Patreon Episodes:

I like The Terminal.. So much I saw it in theaters twice.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I watched it recently and considering how airports work after 9-11 it’s quite a trip.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Wow, the stuff covered this month for Patreon might get me to finally sign up

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Iron Crowned posted:

You buried the leade Order of Boop shirts

Awww Betty Boop I know all lives matter but that's not the point right now

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Andorra posted:

Wow, the stuff covered this month for Patreon might get me to finally sign up

It is so worth it. It's the only Patreon I give to, and I don't regret it at all.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I will never leave my cult, the Order of Boop!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What an absolute bizarre bit of synchronicity these guys had with the Mr Boop guy

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I never knew I was a Chuck Russell fan but apparently I am.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
There was a time in my life when I watched The Terminal a whole lot of times. It was constantly on one of the film channels. I find it to be a very watchable movie. It's very obviously not Spielbergs finest moment, but it's one of those movies where I can't understand the vitriolic hate towards it. It's fine. Or as comrade Dyatlov would say: Not great, not terrible.

Raiders, however, loving rules, and is one of my all time favourite movies, so looking forward to that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I thought people were pretty positive on it when the movie first came out. It’s fine, Tom Hanks does a lot of heavy lifting like always.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It is, in WHM's terms, a fine hangover movie

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I follow Jim Carrey and completely missed his tribute to George Floyd and the one where the Buffalo PD fractured an old man's skull.

Also, In Living Color Jim Carrey is great, except for maybe the woman character he plays that is supposed to be hyper masculine? Only gag I can remember is they had their uterus removed and turned it into a tobacco pouch.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I now officially want to see the Jack Lemmon version of The Mask.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wait I've been a bit behind in Patreon stuff, what's this Boop stuff

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

sexpig by night posted:

wait I've been a bit behind in Patreon stuff, what's this Boop stuff

It was on one of their free for the plebs eps where they did bits on Betty Boop.

Is there more of it on the patreon?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Thought it was on a melros210

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Checking the date it was first mentioned in the thread, I think the Boop stuff started in The Mummy episode. What the conversation was before it devolved into boardwalk shirts, I couldn't tell you.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Did they discover that comic where a guy is married to Betty Boop?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Elderbean posted:

Did they discover that comic where a guy is married to Betty Boop?

No, but someone should send them a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I find myself enjoying the more recent episodes less and revisiting older episodes again. However, I have no idea why. Anyone else having the same?

Still love it and I should check out the patreon stuff. drat well deserved seeing how often I listen to their stuff. I never did a commentary watch, kinda curious about that too now.