Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

computer toucher posted:

I just rewatched The Edge Of Tomorrow and still wondering why they never made that concept into a game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1087500/Groundhog_Day_Like_Father_Like_Son/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

again, the point of that movie is that he resets to the same point every time he dies, and so does the rest of the world, but he has all the knowledge and skills that he gained from trying to get past that part so next time he can do better.

you don't need to look for examples of games with that mechanic because it is literally just "how a video game works: the movie."

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
life is strange had a time rewind mechanic that basically made the game. first one was good i haven’t tried the prequel or sequel tho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

life is strange gave me many feels

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the last games I gave a poo poo about the characters in are night in the woods and disco elysium

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the last games I gave a poo poo about the characters in are night in the woods and disco elysium

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

again, the point of that movie is that he resets to the same point every time he dies, and so does the rest of the world, but he has all the knowledge and skills that he gained from trying to get past that part so next time he can do better.

this is pretty much outer wilds

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the last games I gave a poo poo about the characters in are night in the woods

i really like this game but the big reveal that it's actually eldritch gods and you don't have schizophrenia, you're literally called upon was a big disappointment

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i loved death stranding from start to finish

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

computer toucher posted:

I just rewatched The Edge Of Tomorrow and still wondering why they never made that concept into a game.

look at the upcoming 12 minutes

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Death Stranding was my game of the year. Best Kojima story since Snatcher.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
what's with the baby-thing

is it natalist propaganda?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

psiox posted:

uh, its... well, it's one of those things that neither pro-choice OR pro-lifers would be OK with.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

anyone else excited for deadly premonition 2

also ghost of tsushima next week.

idk those are the games i have ordered right now.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

psiox posted:

what’s a natalist?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

natalist balls

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

anyone else excited for deadly premonition 2

i recently replayed the first one on the switch, it's a shame it's kinda clunky because i love it but nobody will trust me and try it

computer toucher posted:

what’s a natalist?

people that believe that reproduction is a good thing

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

fart simpson posted:

natalist balls

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

computer toucher posted:

you may also want to watch Russian doll, a pretty good series based on that same concept (although in a completely different context)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

also ghost of tsushima next week.

oh poo poo I am looking forward to this game after finally beating Sechiro.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

psiox posted:

people that believe that reproduction is a good thing

Oh I see, it’s a technical term for a regular person.

interesting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

psiox posted:

the baby-thing is used to detect ghosts, which is important because if a ghost touches you you will explode

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

haveblue posted:

the baby-thing is used to detect ghosts, which is important because if a ghost touches you you will explode

I like how terrifying yet extremely low consequence being touched by the ghost is. You can just walk away at every stage of the process

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
it takes awhile to get used to the feeling though. when i first played i struggled big time. in fact i caused a massive crater in the little tutorial area. eventually it becomes 2nd nature and you're out there intentionally bringing bosses out to farm for materials.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

every time you gently caress up a baby starts crying is an infuriatingly brilliant mechanic

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

every time you gently caress up a baby starts crying is an infuriatingly brilliant mechanic
didn't know this, i'm out

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The BT stealth segments made me so tense and uncomfortable I haven’t finished the game yet :(

I should really get back to it

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Metro: Exodus is pretty ruthless. I like it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jenny Agutter posted:

look it’s ok to not be great at games. no need to be so hard on urself

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

:wow:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Uptime Sinclair posted:

lmao

tfw u gently caress up the same bit of a game for the tenth time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPYIfrL5pxU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

gently caress!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i have lots of neat games to play on ps4 but i'm kind of waiting for the ps5 so i can play them in turbo fps mode or whatever

also i can't play sekiro while drinking/smoking and 2020 requires such

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

The BT stealth segments made me so tense and uncomfortable I haven’t finished the game yet :(

I should really get back to it

once you get special bracelets you can simply walk towards them until your sensor thing gets spooked, then crouch and hold your breath and keep going until you murder them one after another without any fear at all.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
been playing outer wilds. it's really fun, though I'm pretty stuck at this point.

I can get to the bottom of the water planet, but just get electrocuted by stuff down there and there don't seem to be any pois. i know how i'm supposed to land on the quantum moon but can't seem to pull it off, and i know getting in to the angler fossil room will tell me how to get around in the bramble but haven't been successful finding the back way in or shining a light which are the two clues i've found for that so far.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

been playing outer wilds. it's really fun, though I'm pretty stuck at this point.

I can get to the bottom of the water planet, but just get electrocuted by stuff down there and there don't seem to be any pois. i know how i'm supposed to land on the quantum moon but can't seem to pull it off, and i know getting in to the angler fossil room will tell me how to get around in the bramble but haven't been successful finding the back way in or shining a light which are the two clues i've found for that so far.

1. dark bramble has a clue for how to get into the water planet core

2. have you been to the poles of giant's deep

3. throw the scout into the fossil and leave it there, then explore some more

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hint location and solution in spoiler

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I can get to the bottom of the water planet, but just get electrocuted by stuff down there and there don't seem to be any pois.

there's a hint on dark bramble hide in the jelly fish

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i know how i'm supposed to land on the quantum moon but can't seem to pull it off

there's a hint/tutorial area in giants deep use the drone cam to take pictures as you approach it

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i know getting in to the angler fossil room will tell me how to get around in the bramble but haven't been successful finding the back way in or shining a light which are the two clues i've found for that so far.

time is of the essence ember twin will fill with sand as the loop progresses. get there early to navigate the cave maze before it fills up

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 9, 2020

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Anyone want a copy of DOOM3? Drop me a PM.

I got 3 games in the new Fanatical bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-f-p-s-bundle

Still Not Dead
Devil Daggers
Bunker Punks

and they offered two extra 'mystery' keys for a quid. I already own D3, and the other one - Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation

https://store.steampowered.com/app/262870/Recovery_Search__Rescue_Simulation/

lmao straight Negative, you don't see that often on your usual ventures on Steam :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
hell yeah. doom 3 is still one of the best VR experiences imo