Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

PVP would be awesome if there was skill based matchmaking and if the gambit enemies leveled down as well.

Since there isn’t that it’s not nearly as fun especially for a new player.

Not sure what you mean by gambit enemies leveled down but just to clarify, if your concern is that the gambit AI enemies are affected by your power level, they don’t - power level differences in gambit only matter vs players

(Which is still dumb and bad but you overall don’t need to worry about sandbagging in gambit due to your power level)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Not sure what you mean by gambit enemies leveled down but just to clarify, if your concern is that the gambit AI enemies are affected by your power level, they don’t - power level differences in gambit only matter vs players

(Which is still dumb and bad but you overall don’t need to worry about sandbagging in gambit due to your power level)

I dunno it just seemed at LL 1000 the enemies were strong as gently caress vs stuff I’m fighting in the field at that same power level.

Like if everyone playing the gambit was a similar LL just scale the enemies to our level so it’s not such pain in the rear end.

That’s how it feels at least.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

you only see cheaters in trials and comp really.

You typically see cheaters in other game modes in the evening. I did encounter a two stack of cheaters this morning. At first they were sitting at the back of the map sniping with Revokers, but as my team started outscoring them, the feed lit up with constant headshots from them. I looked one of them up on Destiny Tracker, and this person had Diamond Elo in Iron Banner, Trials (with 22 Flawless tickets), and Comp. Seems pretty sketchy for a 1.17 k/d player.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

RBX posted:

PVP has P2P, lag, cheaters, and aim assist everywhere. It's cool for a bit but I'm not investing serious time or effort into it. There are many valid reasons why people don't take it serious especially when there's more varied choices than ever out there to play. That's not even getting into how to get good guns for PVP which involves playing the PVE you guys think "doesn't matter".

Yes these are all valid concerns and why the PvP in this game also kinda sucks.

There's always this weird undercurrent of projection in these discussions, nobody has claimed anything about the PvP here aside from not wanting to have gear gated behind PvE content, much the same as some who wish they didn't have to engage with the PvP.

MarcusSA posted:

I dunno it just seemed at LL 1000 the enemies were strong as gently caress vs stuff I’m fighting in the field at that same power level.

Like if everyone playing the gambit was a similar LL just scale the enemies to our level so it’s not such pain in the rear end.

That’s how it feels at least.

Coming back and playing Gambit at 750 LL I'm able to clear enemies and take down the primeval fine, I just can't effectively invade or deal with invaders.

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 7, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Actually, the PvE "story" content exists to draw people in and get them hooked into the skinner box so as to increase engagement and retention, the same reason Respawn threw in the towel on their campaign model from Titanfall and added a traditional campaign to Titanfall 2.

Ascribing motivations to a corporation aside, putting together a successful raid team is a significantly greater barrier to entry and pain in the rear end than queuing up for some Crucible, and that you are so adamantly against ever having to touch a game mode you don't like while still defending the idea that other people should have to engage with the bits you like is just sort of lol

I’m pretty sure the reason Respawn “threw in the towel” is because “I’m not paying $60 for a game that doesn’t even have a single-player mode” was the #1 complaint about Titanfall 1. If it was even Respawn’s decision.

I don’t see how putting together a raid team is more difficult than putting together a Trials or comp team, especially so when those modes have such a higher skill barrier than knowing a raid’s mechanics.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I'll give my brief feedback regarding the CBMM, which I support as a concept.

I've had games where I laughed my way to a K/D ratio of over 3 using nothing but Jotunn (fusion scav ahoy) and games where not a single person on my entire team got even a single kill because the opposition was clearly running entirely wallhacks and aimbots and it was mercied in amazing time.

The intent was there. Outcome dubious. Suspect playlist numbers are going to thin out. Lack of solid anti cheat is a fatal issue.

also it didnt work that well re: getting you good connections either lol

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

There is more content today when I logged in than the start of the season!

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I just got an email from Bungie offering to sell me real life stuff for real life money if I complete bounties/triumphs. Most of the options are $20 medallions that represent in-game seals:

I suspected Bungie had started adding more Seals/Titles last season because it's an easy/lazy way to compensate for a lack of (compelling) in-game content; I did not expect it to be part of a plan to monetize the Seal system. They're free to do so, and if that's extra revenue they gain access to that they can re-invest into the game then it could be a good thing for players. But it seems like further evidence that Bungie likes the idea of bounties/quests/triumphs/titles/seals/etc. driving player activity rather than focusing on improving the core gameplay loop or allowing players to engage with the content they most enjoy.

RocketRaygun posted:

I guess this is proof that Bungie knows what it's doing. "We improved the loot system of existing raids that we're removing in a few months, and we made a change to raid armor sunsetting dates (but we're still implementing armor sunsetting)! It's content!"

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I highly doubt they make any appreciable cash from selling achievement items. They're a niche item made to order in tiny quantities, so if anything I expect they break even on the costs and only the manufacturer makes any money from them.

Wish they'd go more niche, in fact. The Prophecy hoodie has a really nice, purely abstract design that might look good on premium materials - but I'm not paying fifty euro for a unisex polyester grey hoodie that will fit like a potato sack and will fall apart after three washes. Vice versa, the raid ring is actual silver but it's the ugliest, trashiest design you can imagine.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NihilCredo posted:

I highly doubt they make any appreciable cash from selling achievement items. They're a niche item made to order in tiny quantities, so if anything I expect they break even on the costs and only the manufacturer makes any money from them.

Says you. I'm not gonna bother grinding for the code, I just want to drop 800k on a collectible.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I still really want the Moon boots but $100 is a big ask :v:

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

RocketRaygun posted:

Yea I'm actually pretty happy with this newest update. Gives us PVE folks something to actually do other than drat pinnacles. Though it does annoy me when they limit the seasonal quest drops to EP/gambit/some mode of gambit I never played. Groan.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/rw0oaQ1.png[/url][/timg]

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Unormal posted:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/rw0oaQ1.png[/url][/timg]

I love when Bungie ties player behavior into the lore. :allears:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The pyramid looming over mercury looks cool

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Real quick: What are you using to make these gifs? I have my methods but you make so many, I wonder if you have a better method than I.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Real quick: What are you using to make these gifs? I have my methods but you make so many, I wonder if you have a better method than I.

Shadowplay to capture, Avidemux to clip (use copy codec so it doesn't recompress), uploaded straight to imgur.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 8, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
1080 Nightfalls are currently bugged and the enemies are 750 GO GO GO

they give 1080 scoring & rewards

Expect a fix to this player-beneficial bug immediately if not sooner

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hahaha this is gonna be fixed before tomorrow morning

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Even this can't make me play this horrible game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fly Molo posted:

Hahaha this is gonna be fixed before tomorrow morning

The real humdinger will be deactivating Nightfall Ordeals for several days until they can hotfix it!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What's this week's Ordeal?

And ugh, I do not care for the umbral traces quest. No Bungie, I don't really want to play Gambit. Nor do I want to play Reckoning, and EP basically doesn't give Umbral Traces.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Rubellavator posted:

Shadowplay to capture, Avidemux to clip (use copy codec so it doesn't recompress), uploaded straight to imgur.
That would be easier than my usual method... I already record using Shadowplay but I don't see "copy codec" as an option. What's your output format set to?

Edit: Never mind, I figured out something that worked.

Fresh off the previous 30 seconds where I got 3 pistol kills and trying to get the entirety of IB finished last night along with the two seasonal weeklies, this happened and felt very, very nice. I ran at 1050 and have no idea who was higher than me. Didn't care, either.

https://i.imgur.com/6BJE37k.mp4

(I know I stole that last kill and I don't care.) I had some Monster Train music on loop and that poo poo gets you pumped. I may dislike a ton of choices the designers make about this game but PvP can truly be so drat satisfying.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 8, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

And ugh, I do not care for the umbral traces quest. No Bungie, I don't really want to play Gambit. Nor do I want to play Reckoning, and EP basically doesn't give Umbral Traces.

The vex and taken sphere from shadowkeep

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Festering Core, and it's bugged. Master level is scaling to 750 light which means things die faster. Still have to deal with modifiers

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Oxyclean posted:

Reckoning and EP are both trivial & quick to do, and give out shitloads of traces

Put a shift in lad

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

EP was giving me jack poo poo for traces. I guess you gotta get up to the higher tiers.

Also I had a boss sprint full tilt away from my void bomb shatter orbs, escaping them, the timer then ran out and it was in that moment I decided I was not in the mood for more Destiny for the night.

This game's AI is annoying as poo poo.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Oxyclean posted:

EP was giving me jack poo poo for traces. I guess you gotta get up to the higher tiers.

Also I had a boss sprint full tilt away from my void bomb shatter orbs, escaping them, the timer then ran out and it was in that moment I decided I was not in the mood for more Destiny for the night.

This game's AI is annoying as poo poo.

I dunno, EP was giving me jack poo poo as well. Gambit Prime seems most efficient. Winning bumps you by like 50%.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

finally got in a spire prestige so I've done every raid at least once. I feel free

maybe I'll write some words nobody cares about on how the raids feel but folks, they're good. except spire. otherwise they're good. glad they're adding destiny 1 raids since I skipped that game so it's basically new content

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

finally got in a spire prestige so I've done every raid at least once. I feel free

maybe I'll write some words nobody cares about on how the raids feel but folks, they're good. except spire. otherwise they're good. glad they're adding destiny 1 raids since I skipped that game so it's basically new content

I liked Spire a lot, but it's definitely requires a tighter ship than most of the others. Where Last Wish required you to remember a lot of poo poo, Spire didn't have a lot going on, but what -was- going on needed to be executed quickly and efficiently.

EDIT: And prestige for SoS and EoW were both meh with the modifiers instead of actually having extra mechanics like original Levi had.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

YO. Is this fixed yet ?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Say what you like about this season, but Witherhoard and Effigy are two of the most satisfying PvE weapons I’ve ever used.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Sample_text posted:

YO. Is this fixed yet ?

Not as of this post. Got three runs in just now. Not even one ascendant shard. Thx Bungo.

At least I finished my shader quest.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Sample_text posted:

YO. Is this fixed yet ?

Nope, no fix in sight. Got 2 golfballs and 10 prisms from 4 runs.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DaveKap posted:

That would be easier than my usual method... I already record using Shadowplay but I don't see "copy codec" as an option. What's your output format set to?

"Copy" for Audio Output/Video Output, pick mp4 for output format if you want to upload to imgur with sound.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Sample_text posted:

YO. Is this fixed yet ?

Aaaand they just fixed it by changing the nightfall to Pyramidion.

Well done, Bungie. I almost logged in on a weekday.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Aw, I was hoping to get some more runs in tonight. Guess I'll just play Monster Hunter or something.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
As a someone who's only played the base campaign, how worth it is Forsaken and Shadowkeep?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Forsaken was really good and fun and led to my coming back to the game for several months after having initially quit when Osiris came out, and I've been struggling to chip away at Shadowkeep logging in now and then because it's not particularly good or fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

shadowkeep is fun to play initially then after that the fun depends on the season. right now the season is fun so i think its worth 20 bucks

forsaken is loving amazing