Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

hemale in pain posted:

they're all just hybrid bikes with fancy naming so people don't associate them with cheap commuters though

I can live with fancy names if there's a functional difference between the subtypes. Hell, even in something as simple and low-kit as running there are road shoes, track shoes, trail shoes, hybrid road-trail shoes, race shoes*...

*those £300 nike 4% shoes and similar, unless you are made of money you don't put miles on those fuckers once they're broken in unless you are in peak condition and shooting for a pb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Galewolf posted:

I woke up around 6 a.m. and saw the heavy rain with grey clouds and was like "Ahh, what a beautiful mid-July weather".

Past few days I've had the light on during the day and the heating has been clicking itself on.

Summertime is April/May/June anyway, we are in autumn now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

and only 170 days until xmas :tfrxmas:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

freelop posted:

Past few days I've had the light on during the day and the heating has been clicking itself on.

Summertime is April/May/June anyway, we are in autumn now.

:negative:

Actually, tbh, I kinda enjoy the weather as it's perfect for working and getting some training and certifications done without feeling bad about being stuck at home. It was a short cognitive dissonance moment where my brain tried to process that we're in mid-July while I have to wear my polar jumper and it was raining outside.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The floor arrows on Tesco are gone and they're scraping up all the 2m spacings. What happens off there's another spike? Seems premature.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The floor arrows on Tesco are gone and they're scraping up all the 2m spacings. What happens off there's another spike? Seems premature.

You'll be pleased to know that there is a plan for that. *checks notes* Apparently, the plan is that we all die.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
My local Iceland doesn't have anyone on the door to count people in any more.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

At mine it's likely to make zero difference since no one was following then anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I popped to town on the bus earlier. Despite all the signs up I was the only person in a mask. Not even the lady in her pharmacy uniform had one on. People just can't be hosed any more.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

judging by my sister in laws nutritional course she is doing i am convinced i could make a fad diet revolving around measuring your portions, having meat carb and veg for every meal and carbs in moderation (perhaps even selling a special implement that measures out one persons spud / pasta allocation) and then selling a special 'slimming gum' (its just chewing gum) to keep the mouth occupied between meals
I Think there is some truth in this. I have started eating porridge recently when not drinking. You can buy a large quantity of oats and mix them yourself, or for a premium, you can buy sachets theat measure out a precise 'healthy' amount. I hmmd and aard and bought the sachets last time I was at the supermarket, even though they were crazy-more expensive.

quote:

oh and also do some situps because no amount of dieting will get rid of a saggy gut

if i can get an app involved i will value myself at three trillion money

If you do sit-ups with a beer belly, I think it just builds muscle behind the fat, so you end up with an even more pronounced belly. If you want to lose visible weight you basically have to do a lot of cardiovascular stuff rather than muscle building stuff. Or at least make sure calories in < calories out.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Richie: All right. Good. Well, nighty-night, then... [lies back; looks around; somewhat at a loss] What do you normally do when you go to bed, Eddie?
Eddie: I normally have a bit of a kip.
Richie: You're so concise. I mean, what's your going-to-bed routine?
Eddie: Ah, routine. Well, I normally... get into bed... and then I have a
bit of a kip.

...if they do, do a poo, put it in a Cornish stew...

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I wonder if FishTrousersElephant would work as a username?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We could call you fishtr.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think fish trousers is a fine name

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Who's ready for their <=£10 off Nando's, then?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Next Joke Boat:

Rishi Sunak wants me to eat out more often

Insert punchline

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They lowered vat on food the second I got back to the car with my massive shop?!?

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I'm not clear on whether it means all food or just restaurant meals.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i thought vat was 0% on food?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yes I think you are right

The news should report things better using the right words to describe what they mean

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I will be eating Lebanese food with my gubmint tenner :getin:

Also, yeah, people are beyond the point of giving a gently caress about distancing, masks etc. The post office was full of people with no masks to the degree that I feel like I'm some kind of weirdo wearing one. Parties keep popping up around my fb feed and I can't imagine people adhering to social distancing during a rooftop party after few pints and, possibly, drugs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vat is 0% on some ("essential"?) foods, that was the root of the Jaffa cake court case. I think all take away and restaurant food counts as luxury.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Galewolf posted:

I will be eating Lebanese food with my gubmint tenner :getin:

Also, yeah, people are beyond the point of giving a gently caress about distancing, masks etc. The post office was full of people with no masks to the degree that I feel like I'm some kind of weirdo wearing one. Parties keep popping up around my fb feed and I can't imagine people adhering to social distancing during a rooftop party after few pints and, possibly, drugs.

I'm the wierdo behind the counter with the mask on, internally panicking as people hold paper in their hands, talk all over it, and hand it to me with visible sprays of spit on it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best thing I've seen recently is a woman (no mask, obv) picking up a bottle of wine from the shelf, idly tapping the cap against her teeth while she continued looking at the shelves, and then putting it back when she saw a bottle she preferred.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

goatface posted:

Vat is 0% on some ("essential"?) foods, that was the root of the Jaffa cake court case. I think all take away and restaurant food counts as luxury.

Yep cake is 0%

This is why I encourage women to use Mr Kipling's fingers as tampons

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Galewolf posted:

The post office was full of people with no masks to the degree that I feel like I'm some kind of weirdo wearing one.
I remember the GOOD OLD DAYS when the only people wearing masks in Post Offices were the people carrying shotguns.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alright ramblers let's get rambling

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I had a friend drop the tent he borrowed coming from Wales couple of minutes ago and he was like "Uh, you folks in London sure seem to not care about this COVID thing anymore, don't you?"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I love how we're now being financially incentivised to go out and spread the disease

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yes I think you are right

The news should report things better using the right words to describe what they mean

If the government used simple words to describe their decisions and guidelines, they wouldn't be able to blame the public for doing things 'wrong' when it all goes to pot.

That's my cynicism (aka, the probable truth) but I sincerely think that if all these guidelines and laws had been described simply from the off we'd have had significantly fewer problems in terms of both individual behaviours and large gatherings. You need to be sure that people with low literacy levels, English as a second or other language, learning difficulties etc understand, not just White British People With A-levels.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

those are the only people the government's interested in though

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

those are the only people the government's interested in though

Yeah, but when the Poors are infecting them all, who will be left to vote for our glorious non-democratic nu-Facist regime???

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There's a wolf, some karate dudes, friends off yore, kids have gone, 2nds in the nets, Tabbers on the horizon, things will go sideways

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There's a wolf, some karate dudes, friends off yore, kids have gone, 2nds in the nets, Tabbers on the horizon, things will go sideways

Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Roblo posted:

I don't mind the term gravel bike, someone says it and you know just what they're talking about. (and I have one).

Mind you, I'm into metal so I'm used to absurd over-categorisarion.

My point was we already had a term for those bikes though but someone decided there needed to be ANOTHER term for cyclocross bikes with slightly bigger tyres and mildly different geometry. Selling virtually the same stuff to you under another name because sales were poo poo...

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I made jerk chicken and rice and it was glorious even I just used a ready made seasoning (the recipe for scratch made is just :effort:)

I couldn't have the thrilling experience of getting trampled by crowds fior 2 hours under million degrees sun in Notting Hill Carnival so eating the food is consolation.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The floor arrows on Tesco are gone and they're scraping up all the 2m spacings.

Almost everybody was ignoring them anyway

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What happens off there's another spike?

Just gonna willfully pretend it isn't happening

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Pub has been shut for three months. Lock on the toilet door? Still half held together by a random screw. That's it. No thanks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why would they change an essential feature of the pub ambiance? It would be like finding it smelled clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToxJ2Ib29JI

Tag yourself. I legit think i could dox 3 people dancing.