Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Unfortunately, if reports are to be believed Vinny Mac is hugely into Matt so he's not gonna get fired or depushed anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Hopkins FBI posted:

barnacle jim lookin' rear end

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LionYeti posted:

Unfortunately, if reports are to be believed Vinny Mac is hugely into Matt so he's not gonna get fired or depushed anytime soon.

This is honestly one of the most surprising "Vince loves this" situations I've ever heard about.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Are you actually surprised though?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hirez posted:

Are you actually surprised though?

I mean, if it's based solely on "is a sex predator" then no.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bix made a great point on Twitter:

If Riddle admitted to having an affair with Candy last year (which he already lied about)

What was the thing Dave said WWE knew about when they signed him

Because they didn't sign him last year, they signed him in mid-2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is honestly one of the most surprising "Vince loves this" situations I've ever heard about.

I mean, he's a huge douchebag alpha bro even without this stuff. What's surprising that Vince would like him? Everything about Riddle that raises flags for me or makes my skin crawl is something I expect Vince and HHH and WWE to love. And that he's also a dude who at best cheats on his wife and then acts like some kind of victim and calls his mistresses crazy? This is like toxic male rear end in a top hat dream.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If Riddle admitted to having an affair with Candy last year (which he already lied about)

His lawyer also said they'd been aware of "two years of this performer stalking the Riddle family"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he's a huge douchebag alpha bro even without this stuff. What's surprising that Vince would like him? Everything about Riddle that raises flags for me or makes my skin crawl is something I expect Vince and HHH and WWE to love. And that he's also a dude who at best cheats on his wife and then acts like some kind of victim and calls his mistresses crazy? This is like toxic male rear end in a top hat dream.

I don’t know, I was just under the impression from various reports that at least Vince wasn’t a fan of him. But I could certainly see the sexual assaults and cheating and unrepentance as a huge plus for them.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Can't help but notice that he's not at all addressing the Jamie Senegal stuff, either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I don’t know, I was just under the impression from various reports that at least Vince wasn’t a fan of him. But I could certainly see the sexual assaults and cheating and unrepentance as a huge plus for them.

I don't know the reports. It just strikes me that Riddle is the modern version of that thing Vince and WWE and wrestling have always loved. In the 80s it was big muscled up linebackers like the Road Warriors. Tough guys and badasses. In 2020 its "bros" who don't give a poo poo and have real fighting backgrounds. And if they treat women like garbage and play victim about it? Bonus.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

STAC Goat posted:

Remember when Drew McIntyre got punished for not hitting his then-wife? Of course Vince would be loving this poo poo with Riddle.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

fadmonkey posted:

I think that if #Speaking Out were to hit more mainstream outlets there would probably be more WWE stories coming out. It seems like this is circulating in a wrestling bubble, which is why so many indies are getting hit because indy fans are the ones paying attention. Can you imagine how many stories aren’t getting out because people don’t know there is a movement going on?
And it hasn't hit mainstream because there are very specific rules about how to report sexual misconduct allegations at mainstream outlets, and the vast majority of what we saw being self-reported allegations on social media doesn't fit within those rules.

As for Riddle...yeah, what WAS Meltzer talking about and who told him that, because Riddle's current story (Cartwright made up the rape allegation as part of her stalkery revenge on him for ending the affair, which we know ran into last year) doesn't mesh with him telling WWE the allegation was out there when he signed in summer 2018. And how the hell did nobody tell him not to wear SPLX poo poo for the time being, much less IN THAT VIDEO?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Riddle just doesn’t give a gently caress about anything so Vince can’t rattle him and that is historically endearing to Vince for whatever reason.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eh, we'll see if Vince still likes Riddle after six months, aka how long it usually takes for him to get bored with talent not named Roman Reigns or Charlotte.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CombineThresher posted:

Eh, we'll see if Vince still likes Riddle after six months, aka how long it usually takes for him to get bored with talent not named Roman Reigns or Charlotte.

It usually goes like this

NXT star debuts->Corbin Feud->”the fans aren’t responding to this”-> Relegated to Main Event

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Dacap posted:

It usually goes like this

NXT star debuts->Corbin Feud->”the fans aren’t responding to this”-> Relegated to Main Event

spoilers, gosh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Vagabundo posted:

Remember when Drew McIntyre got punished for not hitting his then-wife? Of course Vince would be loving this poo poo with Riddle.

This doesn't get mentioned enough.

Vince McMahon punished Drew McIntyre professionally for doing the right thing in his private life. And probably laughed about it backstage too.

What sort of culture does this build in his company? How does that make other wrestlers who would want to speak out, or otherwise do the right thing feel? Knowing that they are likely to be punished for not laughing hard enough about the "pussy who didn't hit his girlfriend back so we fired him".

So congrats and huge respect for all those brave enough to have come forward and Speak Out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Dozens of affairs or cocaine.

https://twitter.com/WrestleFactory_/status/1280823033385684994

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 9, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My guess is "other affairs and someone either getting confused or Riddle/WWE intentionally muddying things" because I'd be very surprised if this is the only affair.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

My guess is "other affairs and someone either getting confused or Riddle/WWE intentionally muddying things" because I'd be very surprised if this is the only affair.

I know for a fact (NOT A LEGAL FACT) he was riding all around him on the indies in Europe.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Von Linus posted:

I know for a fact (NOT A LEGAL FACT) he was riding all around him on the indies in Europe.

Same, it's def def def not a one off (allegedly, parody, satire, on my minecraft server)

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1281558930594963456

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 10, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2020/07/blind-item-10_10.html?m=1

quote:

FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2020

Blind Item #10

This major wrestling promotion that's become the first to genuinely challenge the huge one everyone knows is hoping that one of its star talents can skate through an abuse accusation forgotten. He isn't the only one on their roster to get called out, but they already served up a foreign born wrestler who got wrapped up with a group of wrestlers from his country for something they did, as well as one that sounds foreign born but isn't, for saying he wanted to do the same thing the other did. With those two suspended as sacrificial lambs, the company is hoping people forget about the accusations against their hot young talent with a morbid gimmick and move on. The trick seems to be working. Oh, we should ask the same questions about their top ring announcer too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

who can crack the code?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Someone who sounds foreign but isn't"?

My dog is barking.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Sighted Item

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The last I've heard about Darby is he showed Tony some texts or DMs to back himself up and I guess it was good enough? I still feel weird about it though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely feel weird about Darby and Roberts.

But I also feel weird about that person.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

"Someone who sounds foreign but isn't"?

My dog is barking.

I don't think someone calling out AEW for not suspending Darby and Justin Roberts is likely to be intentionally using racist dogwhistles but yeah that's kind of a weird way to describe Sammy

just say he's a young prospect in the main event heel stable or something

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Are we seriously just posting gossip blog blind items that tell us about the thing we all know and have been talking about? Like, I could of wrote that because it's just a summary of obvious events.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

The last I've heard about Darby is he showed Tony some texts or DMs to back himself up and I guess it was good enough? I still feel weird about it though.

That's the same defense they used for Riddle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's the same defense they used for Riddle.

I think the defense they used for Riddle is that he told WWE about his "stalker" when he signed with them, but then he was shown to have completely lied about that because there are pictures of him with his "stalker" from after he supposedly told them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gumball Gumption posted:

Are we seriously just posting gossip blog blind items that tell us about the thing we all know and have been talking about? Like, I could of wrote that because it's just a summary of obvious events.

Op has made many bad posts, here in their own thread

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

I think the defense they used for Riddle is that he told WWE about his "stalker" when he signed with them, but then he was shown to have completely lied about that because there are pictures of him with his "stalker" from after he supposedly told them.

Riddle has had like 4 different ones now but it was one of them.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
As lovely as it sounds, some of it might be that they can't confirm or contact the anonymous victims, which gives the "oh here are my exonerating texts" argument no chance to be disproven. This is especially true if the person was being manipulative and the abuse isn't as obvious in a text or DM context.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
If you're going to choose to not believe victims then you are:

- choosing to believe that a person you like was exonerated by some rumored text messages or "additional context" that the accused showed their billionaire boss who does not want to lose their talented TV stars.
- choosing to believe that the person you don't like was proven guilty by a photo timestamp that can be edited with a number of App Store apps, or with the built in tools on a Mac.

Both of these pieces of information are pretty much at the same level of hearsay, and judging them as if they're not is clearly in bad faith.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

spongeh posted:

If you're going to choose to not believe victims then you are:

- choosing to believe that a person you like was exonerated by some rumored text messages or "additional context" that the accused showed their billionaire boss who does not want to lose their talented TV stars.
- choosing to believe that the person you don't like was proven guilty by a photo timestamp that can be edited with a number of App Store apps, or with the built in tools on a Mac.

Both of these pieces of information are pretty much at the same level of hearsay, and judging them as if they're not is clearly in bad faith.

The second bit is completely inaccurate. What proves the same day isn't the photo timestamp, it's a tweet by Riddle on the day the photo timestamp is (and way after he claims he told WWE about Candy) where he's wearing the exact same shirt, has the same hair length, and the same headphones as in the photo where he's with his "stalker".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If there's like real tangible evidence or multiple parties I think it advances the issue beyond "he said, she said." I think that's the case with Roberts and I'm very uncomfortable with AEW staying quiet on him. I don't know about Darby. I don't remember if any direct accusation came out against him or if there was any kind of evidence. But I do feel uncomfortable about the idea of some private "evidence" that supposedly exonerated that we are to take on faith. Especially given the lack of action on Roberts.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Pylons posted:

The second bit is completely inaccurate. What proves the same day isn't the photo timestamp, it's a tweet by Riddle on the day the photo timestamp is (and way after he claims he told WWE about Candy) where he's wearing the exact same shirt, has the same hair length, and the same headphones as in the photo where he's with his "stalker".

Alright, that's fair. Are you choosing to believe that this unseen exonerating evidence that only the accused and a billionaire have seen then?

I choose to believe Darby's accusations, Riddle's accusations, and Justin Robert's accusations. Do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

spongeh posted:

Alright, that's fair. Are you choosing to believe that this unseen exonerating evidence that only the accused and a billionaire have seen then?

I choose to believe Darby's accusations, Riddle's accusations, and Justin Robert's accusations. Do you?

Yes. I'm not saying that texts that supposedly exonerate Darby change my opinion on him in any way.