Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

one of my fondest fg memories will always be this guy running the set in a doa4 lobby on xbox live, completely demolishing everyone, and my friend and i spending like three hours trying to get one win off him as his win streak rocketed into the 100s, and occasonally complete randos would bumble in and get demolished even worse than we were

and then when we finally got a match off him he sent us both PMs calling us 'cockfuckcunts' and left the room

Haha, nice.

DOA4 lobbies were pretty bad as far as people going out of their way to be assholes to other players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That's a perfect encapsulating story of playing fighting games online.

There's really nothing more enjoyable to me in gaming than someone either 1) clearly beating me in a FG or 2) losing a close competitive match and then sending me some lovely message about it.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

quoting this cuz no one answered, i just wanna know if its playable with good connections or if its a waste of time

I've only played online maybe three times but the connection was almost perfect every time. YMMV

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
NRS games breed some salty people. Since playing MK11 regularly, I've gotten more people cursing me out on the mic or sending me "nice job pussy" messages than I have in years. Feels pretty good.

Worst online match I've had was in Injustice 2 last year. Haven't played in a while, just reinstalled the game, so I decide to hop into casual and play a few games. First guy I play, bodies me first round. Second round, I mess up an input and end up ducking twice, which causes the guy to freak out. He starts screaming and cursing at me on his mic for teabagging him, saying stuff like "NO ONE TEABAGS ME!!!" like it's some cardinal sin to do online. I've had a few drinks at this point, so I decide to get on my mic and try to calm the guy down, but since he won't listen to me and keeps yelling, I get pissed off and just start doing nothing but teabagging while saying "I'M TEABAGGING NOW MOTHERFUCKER." He then finishes me off, still yelling and cursing at me.

He left the game afterwards.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

He won the round but you won the war

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My favorite thing to do when people message you afterwards is to just agree with them. Somehow this makes them even angrier.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yeah, I never bring it up when I think about the slowing pace of graphics, but really it was one of the last times I just couldn't believe how good a game looked, when a graphical advancement was really exicting. I recall being shocked by, for example, the different material in Bayman's uniform.

For me it was DBFZ. It’s just perfectly executed.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SF wishes it could have designs as good as modern Robert Garcia. Everyone in SF looks like you put an 80's toy cartoon through a beef based press mold and almost everyone in KoF is just super hot.

I'm 99% certain that the Garcia Concern's sole mission is to find new sexy outfits for ol' Bob every year.

Endorph posted:

one of my fondest fg memories will always be this guy running the set in a doa4 lobby on xbox live, completely demolishing everyone, and my friend and i spending like three hours trying to get one win off him as his win streak rocketed into the 100s, and occasonally complete randos would bumble in and get demolished even worse than we were

and then when we finally got a match off him he sent us both PMs calling us 'cockfuckcunts' and left the room

I think that's a compliment.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've never met ragers except when vanilla Street Fighter IV was brand new, and SFIV was the game where the overall quality of play online drastically declined each day as soon as school got out, so I'm pretty sure I know why in that case. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hyper Inferno posted:

The devs for Under Night are also trying to get rollback into the game which is a good sign.

Dang really? I suck so bad and was hoping it would remain lovely online so i didnt have to confront the fact that im a carmine main who bleeds out to lose rounds.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i've never liked getting messages from randos... i don't like the negativity

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

The only games I've ever gotten hate mail in were SFIV and MK11, and a single time in KoFXIV where the dude just typed a bunch of angry poo poo in the chat in the lobby that I didn't notice until later because I was on a winning streak.

MK11 was by far the worst, because I was really lovely at that game but sometimes people can't stop doing the same thing over and over even when it doesn't work. This happened in DBFZ a lot with super dashes too but nobody sent me hate mail, just a lot of rage quits.

It usually makes me laugh but sometimes I get sad about it because if I have a few really good or close matches with someone and am having a blast, it feels lovely to hear that they were raging the whole time. It also makes it hard to add people after good or close matches because half the time they think you're raging at them when you really just wanna be friends :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm not here to make friends.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Street Fighter 3 takes me to a dark place sometimes, there were some nasty fuckers when I played the HD edition. I don't have that in any other fighting game.

And I still love playing SF 3rd strike

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Shinji2015 posted:

Second round, I mess up an input and end up ducking twice, which causes the guy to freak out. He starts screaming and cursing at me on his mic for teabagging him, saying stuff like "NO ONE TEABAGS ME!!!"
Lol'd irl. x'D

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Online CVS2 back in the day was pretty wild. Even more so since the online mode was split into two modes. One was standard arcade mode standard play and the other was a lawless wasteland of custom color palletes that were impossible to read while playing a custom groove load out that led to 70% damage combos. Some of these people would get so mad when you beat them despite being able to walk forward with sonic booms/flash kicks. My favorite was some guy constantly rejoining my games shouting "gently caress you" after comboing a deadly rave into a raising storm for a finest KO.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I beat a guy in DBFZ and he sent me a voice message calling me "a block spamming human being" and said he hacked my PS4, knows where I live, and is coming over right now to kill me. All the while his friend in the background is shouting "yeaaaaah that's right!"

Hopefully Sony has a way to transfer your messages over to your PS5 so I can keep it

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CharlestonJew posted:

I beat a guy in DBFZ and he sent me a voice message calling me "a block spamming human being" and said he hacked my PS4, knows where I live, and is coming over right now to kill me. All the while his friend in the background is shouting "yeaaaaah that's right!"

Hopefully Sony has a way to transfer your messages over to your PS5 so I can keep it

I'm currently imagining this message done in Frieza's voice and captain Ginyu in the background.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've never met ragers except when vanilla Street Fighter IV was brand new, and SFIV was the game where the overall quality of play online drastically declined each day as soon as school got out, so I'm pretty sure I know why in that case. :v:

Me either. Although I only play Tekken, a game which severely limits your ability to communicate with random players, but as a consequence, every possible extra act could be read as an overt insult (Not skipping intros/outros, not immediately running a game back, ki-charging with your character, etc.)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
A few weeks ago in MK11 some guy had his mic on and was talking a bunch of poo poo, said he should have let his daughter play if I was gonna play like a bitch, and then between sets his wife or someone else in the room was like "why are you talking like that, they beat you" and then he was on tilt for the next game lol.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

ScrubQuotesX on Twitter has some of the best salt and a large chunk of it is MK11 players getting mad about projectile spam

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Zeether posted:

ScrubQuotesX on Twitter has some of the best salt and a large chunk of it is MK11 players getting mad about projectile spam

Sometimes they get mad about uh......mixups lol

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1280335478630363150?s=20

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Zeether posted:

*plays a game with like 13 different zoners* stop loving zoning bitch!!!!!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Marin Karin posted:

*plays a game with like 13 different zoners* stop loving zoning bitch!!!!!

"It's cheap, it's dishonorable, you loving scrub!!"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 8, 2020

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Now I'm just a humble bad, but I thought doing mix-ups was good? :thunk:

I do like people getting destroyed and calling their opponent "bad". I mean, they're bad and they're beating you so what are you?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The only joy I ever got out of SFV was doing zoning with FANG early on and strangely I can't remember any salty messages I got from it.

I think I might go home and learn Shang Tsung to get some of that back

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SF wishes it could have designs as good as modern Robert Garcia. Everyone in SF looks like you put an 80's toy cartoon through a beef based press mold and almost everyone in KoF is just super hot.

Well yes, the general art style of KoF is, IMO better than the art style of SF, and the SFV characters are especially grotesque, I just feel like in terms of, like... general design, if that makes sense, characters like Chin, Athena, Hien, and Choi (who also simultaneously looks like lawsuit bait for Wes Craven's estate), for example, just, on immediate first impression, seemed to me to be like someone snuck into Capcom's art studio, grabbed a bunch of drawings off of the "REJECTED" pile and tweaked 'em and ran with them

I like Chin and Choi, to boot (but I am very bad at them)

EDIT: I also understand that this impression is probably unfair, but it was literally my gut reaction to seeing them

EDIT EDIT: I would've said Ryo and Yuri but I learned they were deliberately designed to be SF homages

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 8, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

lmfao incredible

and drat that wife is lenient

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao incredible

She definitely exists though.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao incredible

That dude ended up getting into a significant car accident (no injuries, but he did do some serious damage to his vehicle) later that day because he was still salty at Tekken, no joke

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Someone send this to Harada so he can have a laugh, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remember playing 3s online and people getting insanely mad about me taunting, telling me it was disrespectful, that i was reported, etc

i main q

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

MechaX posted:

That dude ended up getting into a significant car accident (no injuries, but he did do some serious damage to his vehicle) later that day because he was still salty at Tekken, no joke

Wait what? I wish to hear more about this dude. Sounds like a character.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wait what? I wish to hear more about this dude. Sounds like a character.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tekken-ot-dark-resurrection.464/page-2#post-155435

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Hey thread! Is Nidhogg II a fighting game?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Endorph posted:

i remember playing 3s online and people getting insanely mad about me taunting, telling me it was disrespectful, that i was reported, etc

i main q

lmfaooo yeah I remember having that happen too

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jesus gently caress it's worse than I could have imagined! His whole family is traumatized of him, dog included.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A few weeks ago in MK11 some guy had his mic on and was talking a bunch of poo poo, said he should have let his daughter play if I was gonna play like a bitch, and then between sets his wife or someone else in the room was like "why are you talking like that, they beat you" and then he was on tilt for the next game lol.

i'm one of those people that talks poo poo to one of my friends in COD cause he thinks hes a god and when he dies to dumb poo poo he flips out (accusing everyone that kills him of hacking or aim botting, or just saying they're trash even tho he died lol), so the poo poo talking makes him even more angry causing him to rage quit if the rest of the guys say poo poo too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeaaaaah that's someone with a problem, pretty depressing actually. Imo one of the best things videogames ever gave to me was FG's teaching me how to control my salt in head to head competitive situations.