Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I would like to eliminate someone today based on content and not night action bingo. Color me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

This will never help us find scum so who cares?

You voting me isn't helping you find scum either so who cares!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If there’s a spoonsy case on content, make it. “He’s lying!!!” is not persuasive.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I would like to eliminate someone today based on content and not night action bingo. Color me crazy.

Peramene

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

If there’s a spoonsy case on content, make it. “He’s lying!!!” is not persuasive.

I don’t believe him but voting would be premature. I can be wrong

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I swear I just made a post and it disappeared.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Interesting takes on some players. I think it makes Sandwolf less likely to be scum because JX just waves away the whole thing instead of taking a position at all. Not sure what it looks like on taste.

I think it potentially looks like a light bus on Spoonsy.

Idk avoiding giving an opinion is also an easy out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sub Rosa posted:

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

A reasonable reminder that I had forgotten, but this combined with your first post for the day about the masons taking out Jen is kinda giving me the heebie jeebies.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

This will never help us find scum so who cares?

This is poo poo, merk. This pings me because Jammy or KCW said the same thing to me in Harry Potter before killing me and they were scumbuddies with someone I brought a scenario for that tied them to that person and they tried to brush it under the rug dismissing it. In a game where there is the potential of janitored results and very wacky roles, everything should be considered and looked at unless it's some wild goose chase led by someone trying to deliberately mislead the thread which isn't what I'm doing, I'm throwing out some potential theories knowing I've already been hosed with.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

Hmmmmmm

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

I'm not attempting to make a case on Spoonsy? I'm saying he's the guy with ALL OF THE information so far this game and we either have to believe him or not. He was told the truth about the masonry stuff D1 so that's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt despite me not targeting Jen. I am however dismissing any sort of claims of being connected with Jen X from you, yuming, and Spoonsy.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
In fact merk, I literally said we should follow the one thing that seems probable (or at least from the two options we have) of being confirmed over the flip. Hum is the key to all of this right now.

You're trying to follow the trail of people connected to Jen X via her posts which is flimsy at best now because of potential death miller stuff, hence the reason I unvoted you.

##vote peramene

She's the only person doubly confirmed to visit Jen.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I should put "confirmed" in quotes but at the very least, explicitly stated in thread.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So... okay, two people allegedly saw pera visit Jen X?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

So... okay, two people allegedly saw pera visit Jen X?

Hum tracked pera there and then Spoonsy made a post saying he saw pera, taste, and Hum (but then me) there.

I soft claimed but I didn't visit Jen last night.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

And taste has confirmed he visited but disputes Spoonsy’s claim?

Does someone have a gun? Shoot Spoonsy, cut this fuckin’ Gordian knot.

Spoonsy’s apparently endless dimensions to his role that he is keeping concealed until he needs to reveal the info is loving sketchy and it is a happy coincidence all my scumreads seem to be tryna force Spoonsy as town while he’s nooowhere to be seen

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DbD you’re probably my second strongest town read rn what’re you thinking about all this mess?

I truly think Spoonsy is just on the scumteam and revealing the information they have one way or another through him as a mouthpiece to control the flow of the game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Because I STILL don’t get how Spoonsy mistaking Hum for DbD makes DbD scum. He dropped it in thread like some huge gotcha and then p much disappeared.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

And taste has confirmed he visited but disputes Spoonsy’s claim?

I read his posts but I don't know if he confirmed or not. Pera hasn't shown up but I don't see how she didn't visit Jen, assuming we can believe at least one of Hum/Spoonsy.

I'm just not buying this "follow the Jen X post history" stuff being the proverbial smoking gun that yuming/merk/Spoonsy have on me, especially if there's explicit knowledge from one of them that Jen may have flipped a fake alignment.

Obviously I'm well aware of how I started the day off doing the same poo poo but this game is too wacky for it to be that easy, especially with the death miller mention/weird death text you mentioned. I don't like merk acting like any theorizing on this game is bad especially when there is someone who has two claimed actions linking them somewhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

In a game where there is the potential of janitored results and very wacky roles, ignore them.

Hope this edit helps you out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm not attempting to make a case on Spoonsy? I'm saying he's the guy with ALL OF THE information so far this game and we either have to believe him or not. He was told the truth about the masonry stuff D1 so that's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt despite me not targeting Jen. I am however dismissing any sort of claims of being connected with Jen X from you, yuming, and Spoonsy.

That comment was to taste, not you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I truly think Spoonsy is just on the scumteam and revealing the information they have one way or another through him as a mouthpiece to control the flow of the game.

I originally thought this and convinced myself out of it because having a scum buddy in a masonry that can kill makes it way more powerful hidden. What’s the play in a big reveal like that? Why not have Jen X do the reveal? I just don’t get it.

It could very well be a “to look town” situation, but I’m not sold. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

This is incorrect. The NK was not performed by the masonry, and Tokes/DGK will back me up on that.

Honestly I'm wondering where the scum kill went, since I assume they didn't kill one of their own.

(also if there's death millers just fuckin' lol)

Well, unless it wasn’t one of their own as is now being suggested.

That’s going to mess with my reads about yesterday’s interactions.

Also why dkg?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

DbD you’re probably my second strongest town read rn what’re you thinking about all this mess?

I'm not sure if it's as straightforward as that, but I do think there is someone ~involved~ with the masonry outside of it that is bad. I don't know if that's Spoonsy or not but the fact that he's sharing all of this information as if he's Teflon Don is a bit concerning. Also the fact that he got the information right on D1 is making me want to "believe" him but there is something off about him knowing all of a masonry (or being privy to such information) and then somehow watching the person killed and catching so many people, one who was already named, taste who is an easy target to throw out as a suspect (sorry taste lol) and me, who was getting a bunch of heat thrown at them at that point.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

hambeet posted:

Well, unless it wasn’t one of their own as is now being suggested.

That’s going to mess with my reads about yesterday’s interactions.

Also why dkg?

(It's DGK btw)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh he said the coin thing maybe linked him to the masonry. Okay.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

Hope this edit helps you out.

Right, I'm not playing like that. If you want to be led by the nose from potentially falsified and doctored information because of some mafia vanilla purist pov go ahead, but I'm not going to allow myself to get voted out by a Jen X connection that never existed and that has the possibility of being a millered/janitored result. I'm voting the person that had 2 claims of visiting someone who died.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
popping in for just a moment to confirm that I did indeed visit jen!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Right, I'm not playing like that. If you want to be led by the nose from potentially falsified and doctored information because of some mafia vanilla purist pov go ahead, but I'm not going to allow myself to get voted out by a Jen X connection that never existed and that has the possibility of being a millered/janitored result. I'm voting the person that had 2 claims of visiting someone who died.

What are you even saying here?

I’m analyzing and voting on content. I’m not giving a drat about role bingo. You look scummy from the content I reviewed in light of JX flipping scum.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

From the content I reviewed in light of JX flipping scum.

"Role bingo"

Sandwolf posted:

What if Jen X was death-millered. What if the scum have a death-Miller-janitor. The text of the flip was very hosed up, literally. I think there’s a chance that’s evidence of scum interference.

Though it’ll take another night phase at least before we can confirm that one way or another but I’m just gonna say rn I’m not 100% convinced Jen X is scum, so I’m not gonna make my judgment today off of that information.

Sub Rosa posted:

Not that I'm doubting JX's flip in particular, but do have to remind that this game's post does warn us that maybe there are death millers. It's a detail that could be overlooked or forgotten.

Spoonsy posted:

poo poo, that is there isn't it

yuming posted:

Thanks for pointing out the death millers thing in the OP :sparkles:

That could be where the scum kill went and what better time to use it.

When I reread after my run I will take both Jen as scum and Jen as ~wacky-death-miller~ into account.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
There are people keenly aware and/or in control of doctored roles and they're still trying to pin me to Jen X as scumbuddies to a 100% confirmed scum flip. It's actual bullshit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s p

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

To be safe, I am assuming 50% scum in that group. I was unwilling to move my vote off of Asiina, mostly because I thought they were scum but at the end because no matter what happened there was/is something to learn from interactions around her.

I agree that at the end of D1 Asiina came off more town. I became increasingly convinced Jen was scum due to her posting, and voiced my suspicion. Which resulted in me being roleblocked last night. I am suspicious of Solus based on the Jen/Solus interactions.

SolusLunes posted:

He didn't vote them, he submitted the name that we voted on. We don't actually get to pick a person, just to vote one person on the list of people provided to us. Which was just merk last night.

Totally lied about it being flavor of my character, it was directly in my role PM. I wasn't sure about it before going through a night and seeing how things worked, but I wanted to put that out there in case I died and one of my masonbuds could confirm it.

DKG, How did you submit a name to the masonry if you were roleblocked last night?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

So you think instead of actually having knowing he just made two very risky guesses and claimed a roll that would result in an expectation that on future days more very risky guesses would need to be made? Seems very farfetched.

yeah that doesn't make sense

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

merk posted:

I don’t understand why I have to explain this concept every mafia game.

because mafia games here are 75% explaining to each other how to play mafia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Deadbeat Dad posted:

There are people keenly aware and/or in control of doctored roles and they're still trying to pin me to Jen X as scumbuddies to a 100% confirmed scum flip. It's actual bullshit.

So you’re saying JX isn’t necessarily scum. What, then, should we do here today?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

peramene posted:

popping in for just a moment to confirm that I did indeed visit jen!!

did you kill her also

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

hambeet posted:

DKG, How did you submit a name to the masonry if you were roleblocked last night?

You uh, didn't see the post where I said the reward from the cryptography was the coin and submitting a name? Which is not a part of my role.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

yeah that doesn't make sense

It does in that watcher results aren’t a risk in role madness games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

did you kill her also

This is a good question