Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Come on guys, don't be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote DGK

I don't think this game is a lurk fest.

nerox
May 20, 2001
That’s the hammer right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Come on guys, don't be bad

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Yeah, the game has only been going on for <48 hours, it's hard to call it a lurk fest

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

nerox posted:

That’s the hammer right?

Goddamit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oh there are gonna be questions for you tomorrow.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

JOHN CENA posted:

Oh there are gonna be questions for you tomorrow.

I didn't realize that DGK was at -1 :(

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tomorrow I'm going to spend the full game day dunking on DGK for complaining about lurking and going emo when I pushed back the slightest amount at his JC vote

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:redhammer: Flavor incoming

You may talk about other things until then

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

So what's this show about?

nerox
May 20, 2001
It’s a documentary about a lab that is under the sea.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sealab was one of the first-wave adult swim shows, in the same "look we've got all this hokey old Hanna Barbera footage, let's dub over it, that'll be cheap" vein as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. It is about 11 minutes of nonsense bordering on surrealism per episode, relying entirely on dialogue for its comedy.

Adult swim has a free app with all the seasons on it. You'll have to put up with a commercial before each one, but it's worth it. Don't watch Season 4.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

K so adult swim is what happens to cartoon network late at night. No kids are watching, let's do weird poo poo adults might watch instead.

They got the rights to a shitload of old Hanna Barbera characters and decided to have fun with them.

Ex: Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, where they take the superhero Birdman and now have him as a mediocre lawyer taking various cases from the cartoon universe, like Race Bannon suing Dr. Quest for partial custody, or Droopy the Dog suing for botched Botox

There was an old timey show called Sealab 2020 about a bunch of very serious researchers in an underground sea lab

Sealab 2021 asks the question: what if all those people went bugfuck crazy by 2021?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

CapnAndy posted:

Sealab was one of the first-wave adult swim shows, in the same "look we've got all this hokey old Hanna Barbera footage, let's dub over it, that'll be cheap" vein as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

I.. didn't know it was a dub over an existing show........................

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oops sorry I was watching anime

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

Sealab was one of the first-wave adult swim shows, in the same "look we've got all this hokey old Hanna Barbera footage, let's dub over it, that'll be cheap" vein as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. It is about 11 minutes of nonsense bordering on surrealism per episode, relying entirely on dialogue for its comedy.

Adult swim has a free app with all the seasons on it. You'll have to put up with a commercial before each one, but it's worth it. Don't watch Season 4.

Also yeah surrealism and a lack of continuity are both recurring themes in a lot of adult swim shows.

Lots of characters die regularly, it's never mentioned again

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

I.. didn't know it was a dub over an existing show........................

One episode in season 2 is a legit straight dub of an old episode, it's amazing

You can sometimes tell what they added in, it's drawn differently

So now instead of two little kids rescuing the strange diver, they are murdering him because he is on to their orphan grift scheme

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In fact I'd say don't watch the back half of season 3, either.

The voice actor for one of the main characters died, so they ship off his character and replace him with a new one, voiced by the actor's real life son. Unfortunately it just ... Doesn't work.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Oops sorry I was watching anime

##vote kash

nerox
May 20, 2001

If only we had a way to create a temporal rift and go back 15 minutes so you could join my voting attempt.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nerox posted:

If only we had a way to create a temporal rift and go back 15 minutes so you could join my voting attempt.

I'm really into this piece of string right now

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sirens blared. Survivors crowded in a darkened broom closet.

Silence reigned. Nobody even wanted to discuss if they'd put their brains in a robot body, or deal hard drugs to each other.

Eventually, people started muttering to each other that maybe DGK was to blame for this situation, because, well... it was almost always his fault, wasn't it? Wasn't he supposed to be in charge, or something? Rather than defend himself, DGK snapped. "I can't do it! I can't live without my Happy Bake Oven! The secret ingredient... was love, dammit!"

With that, he was thrown unresistingly out of the broom closet, and devoured by radioactive zombies.

DGK2000, Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy, Town-Aligned Mason Recruiter, was voted out Day 1!

And then Sealab exploded.

It is now Night 1!

Thread will reopen at approximately 9 pm EST tomorrow, July 9th. Get your night actions in before that, or you will target a player at random.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

It is a normal day on Sealab.

Which, in this case, means that the Bizarros are still invading, you're still trapped in the broom closet, and now Retro Futurist is dead too. He has been turned inside out, as though shot by some sort of Bizarro Beam, though you're not sure how you know that. It's not a pretty sight, but bits of robot all over the place at least tell you who he was. Looks like Quinn won't be saving the day single-handedly this time.

You'll have to do it yourselves. This will certainly not end in the destruction of Sealab.

Again.

Retro Futurist, Dr. Quentin Q. Quinn, Town-Aligned Lorecop, was Bizarro-beamed Night 1!

Day Two has begun! Deadline will be Saturday, July 11th, at 9pm EST. I will push it to Sunday if the town wants, due to the weekend, though you really all ought to be home then, given the current circumstances.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 9, 2020

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have the least idea what a lorecop is.

Wait, did he not flip with an alignment?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

That alignment was always there, I don't know what you're talking about.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

spacing in vienna posted:

I don't have the least idea what a lorecop is.

probably flavor cop which explains

Retro Futurist posted:

Also not to spoil the fun but I think flavour matters in this game and it's a bad idea to claim anything
I will not elaborate

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

That alignment was always there, I don't know what you're talking about.

:golfclap:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I should start actually playing this game now and not just quoting Sealab, as much as I want to keep quoting Sealab.

Needless to say, apologies for not being here for hammer. I didn't see it coming as quickly as it arrived. Losing the mason recruiter D1 sucks, doubled with the cop / only character who could reasonably save the day (I assume town aligned? as I write this it isn't included). I'm a little annoyed that DGK voted for himself on this, but I'm curious as to why Sal and Dead Cow both put votes on him while Kash was a realistic possibility. I doubt anyone scum would frustrated self vote D1 when they could come up with something, especially if they were powered (and a cool power at that).

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
mafia edit ignore my parentheses

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

probably flavor cop which explains

I read that at the time as meaning his power was tied in some way to his flavor, but with his flip that makes more sense.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
When did DC and Sal vote? I know Sal was hammer.

By the time I got home, hammer had already happened, so I skimmed over the last 20-30ish posts just to see if we managed a lunch or not. I need to reread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote Spoonsy

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

I feel like I should start actually playing this game now and not just quoting Sealab, as much as I want to keep quoting Sealab.

Needless to say, apologies for not being here for hammer. I didn't see it coming as quickly as it arrived. Losing the mason recruiter D1 sucks, doubled with the cop / only character who could reasonably save the day (I assume town aligned? as I write this it isn't included). I'm a little annoyed that DGK voted for himself on this, but I'm curious as to why Sal and Dead Cow both put votes on him while Kash was a realistic possibility. I doubt anyone scum would frustrated self vote D1 when they could come up with something, especially if they were powered (and a cool power at that).

Reading over it again, I'm not inclined to blame DC/Sal here -- it feels like they were trying to secure a hammer. And I think I am more likely to self vote as scum than as town.

How viable was Kash, as an option? And how clear was it that he was viable?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

##vote Spoonsy

Why?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
RF being the night kill makes me wonder if scum has a reason to want to know some player’s lore/flavor. Feels obvious but I guess it’s worth saying idk. Time to reread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sealab will probably be fine.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

Was it you?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

Hey, man, when has Quinn ever been the one to ...

Oh.

I mean. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
Everyone that has died have been lovers of White Debbie :tinfoil: