Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

St. Blaize posted:

So I just used ffmpeg to transcode the audio to eac3 and that worked.

Sure, that will work!

I was just pointing out that for a small audio upgrade like a soundbar that decodes it natively or an androidtv box you can fix it permanently and keep the original audio format. Spare time is valuable and I can't think of something more annoying than maintaining a post-processing workflow on my downloads.
I've literally deleted and redownloaded entire seasons to avoid spending hours renumbering files that came down wrong (I'm looking at you American Dad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

Also, making sure I understand this properly: Since I already have Frugal I should be looking out for a provider from a different backbone like Eweka or Abavia right?

you already have a different backbone with frugal. the regular servers are omicron (ninja, demon etc) and then the bonus server is usenet farm. i guess if you really need more find a block account elsewhere.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Takes No Damage posted:

Hm my year for $50 isn't looking so hot anymore :mad: I guess the play is to slowly collect sale subscriptions like that so in a few years you're grandfathered in to all the sweet deals at once?
Someone on reddit was in your situation and the owner said to email them and they'll take care of it. Couldn't hurt to try.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

sedative posted:

Someone on reddit was in your situation and the owner said to email them and they'll take care of it. Couldn't hurt to try.

:hmmyes: I believe I will try. Good lookin' out homie.

e:
Trip report: dude was totally nice and moved me right over to the $36 plan, extended my current sub to next November and emailed me a coupon for the 500GB BlockNews block. A+ would whine about missing a sale again :homebrew:

Also, still no-go on that NewsDemon URL with the reddit50 coupon. I've tried different browsers, OS's and even opened a VM and turned off all the browser security settings, still just takes me to a blank white page. At this point I think it's just cursed, I'll check back with them on Cyber Monday or something.

e: vvv Pretty sure I tried it both ways, but yeah I'm not too worried about it. I'm not really having any issues finding stuff at the moment, I'll just wait until a different backbone provider goes on sale.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 3, 2020

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Takes No Damage posted:

:hmmyes: I believe I will try. Good lookin' out homie.

e:
Trip report: dude was totally nice and moved me right over to the $36 plan, extended my current sub to next November and emailed me a coupon for the 500GB BlockNews block. A+ would whine about missing a sale again :homebrew:

Also, still no-go on that NewsDemon URL with the reddit50 coupon. I've tried different browsers, OS's and even opened a VM and turned off all the browser security settings, still just takes me to a blank white page. At this point I think it's just cursed, I'll check back with them on Cyber Monday or something.

Were you trying the cheaper South African link? I'd only tested the other two which were fine, but that one is giving me the blank page. I'll get rid of that link.

You shouldn't need their service with your current setup anyway.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have trouble with nzbcat? Only getting 5 results back for a popular scifi movie from last holiday season. Seems light for lots of other releases too.

Reposting this question. Just looked at my stats for the past month in Hydra and Cat has only had 3 downloads while my free DrunkenSlug with a 5 download limit has 74.

Those 5 results I quoted are all garbage too.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Was hoping someone could help me figure out why my dumb Raspberry Pi / Shield TV setup isn't working.

nzbget is running on my Shield TV with an external HDD mounted to store downloads (/completed). Sonarr/Radarr run on my Pi and point to the Shield install of nzbget for downloading... the download works but always seems to fail on unpacking/renaming/moving.

On the Pi, the external Shield drive is mounted as a network drive, and the downloads in Sonarr/Radarr point to that path as the final location (//pi/nzbgetmout/shield/movies/example_movie , which is where it gets moved from /completed on the Shield). It seems like that's probably the setting that's messing things up, but I don't know of any other way to assign it other than mounting the shield's drive to the Pi and specifying that path for each movie/show location.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 9, 2020

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

SABnzbd has released the first release candidate for the 3.0 version upgrade, which changes the code from python 2 to python 3:

https://sabnzbd.org/downloads

I've been testing this for the last couple of weeks now, and I'm pleasantly surprised with it. I'm thinking about permanently switching back from NZBget - and not only because it has an actual good dark mode.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

UncleGuito posted:

Was hoping someone could help me figure out why my dumb Raspberry Pi / Shield TV setup isn't working.

nzbget is running on my Shield TV with an external HDD mounted to store downloads (/completed). Sonarr/Radarr run on my Pi and point to the Shield install of nzbget for downloading... the download works but always seems to fail on unpacking/renaming/moving.

On the Pi, the external Shield drive is mounted as a network drive, and the downloads in Sonarr/Radarr point to that path as the final location (//pi/nzbgetmout/shield/movies/example_movie , which is where it gets moved from /completed on the Shield). It seems like that's probably the setting that's messing things up, but I don't know of any other way to assign it other than mounting the shield's drive to the Pi and specifying that path for each movie/show location.

Does the Pi have full access and is that directory have the proper permissions to create subfolders for whatever user you’re using? Also check security in NZBGet and see what your UMask is set to (I set mine to 0000 as it’s not available outside this house)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Reposting this question. Just looked at my stats for the past month in Hydra and Cat has only had 3 downloads while my free DrunkenSlug with a 5 download limit has 74.

Not trouble but Cat never really has what I’m looking for.

Ended up just biting the bullet and getting a lifetime sub to Geek. My Dog runs out in a year anyway.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Not trouble but Cat never really has what I’m looking for.

Ended up just biting the bullet and getting a lifetime sub to Geek. My Dog runs out in a year anyway.

Looks like they're the cheapest lifetime. I'll do 6 months now and get the lifetime Black Friday deal.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Does the Pi have full access and is that directory have the proper permissions to create subfolders for whatever user you’re using? Also check security in NZBGet and see what your UMask is set to (I set mine to 0000 as it’s not available outside this house)

The drive is mounted to the Pi with fstab using file & dir mode = 0777 and nzbget is now set to 0000 for the umask.

Are there any other permissions I should look out for?

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 10, 2020

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

I'm only using the free version of Slug personally, but I have lifetimes for most of the services who have it available, and Geek is responsible for fully half of my results, while Slug is 1/3 of the remaining ones.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I've been camping r/usenetinvites for the last few days with Distill, invites for a lot of the more common semi-privates get thrown out on the reg, and you can even request one if you're in a hurry. So far I've collected Slug, Dog, Simply and Planet, though Planet's free account has 0 APIs so it isn't worth anything in Hydra unless you're going to buy in.

So far the only 'for real' free account that's actually useful has been usenet-crawler, base account has like 1000 API calls a day and it's got pretty good finds, second to Geek I'd say. Are there any other indexers that compliment Geek particularly well, something worth keeping an eye on for holiday sales?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

UncleGuito posted:

The drive is mounted to the Pi with fstab using file & dir mode = 0777 and nzbget is now set to 0000 for the umask.

Are there any other permissions I should look out for?

Can’t think of any at the moment. If it’s set at 777 it should allow all access unless there’s a setting on the Shield about how it handles externally attached storage that’s different than how it’s accessed on the Pi. When you look at the logs does it give any clues as to why it fails to move/unpack them?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

I've been camping r/usenetinvites for the last few days with Distill, invites for a lot of the more common semi-privates get thrown out on the reg, and you can even request one if you're in a hurry. So far I've collected Slug, Dog, Simply and Planet, though Planet's free account has 0 APIs so it isn't worth anything in Hydra unless you're going to buy in.

So far the only 'for real' free account that's actually useful has been usenet-crawler, base account has like 1000 API calls a day and it's got pretty good finds, second to Geek I'd say. Are there any other indexers that compliment Geek particularly well, something worth keeping an eye on for holiday sales?

What's Distill?

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

What's Distill?

https://distill.io/

It just watches a website for changes. I had to Google it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, sorry. Yeah it's a browser plugin that can watch all or part of a webpage and pop up a little notification whenever it changes. I was able to tell it to watch the thread list of that subreddit, so now it tells me whenever someone creates a new thread and I can check to see if its someone offering invites to a place I don't already have. It's pretty nice if you're already touching a computer all day anyway, and let's face it, if you're reading this thread, on these forums, in TYOL 2020, you're a computer toucher :fella:

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Can’t think of any at the moment. If it’s set at 777 it should allow all access unless there’s a setting on the Shield about how it handles externally attached storage that’s different than how it’s accessed on the Pi. When you look at the logs does it give any clues as to why it fails to move/unpack them?

Just in case anyone was following this, finally got it to work. Swapped my Pi 3B+ for a 4B 2GB:

Installed diet-pi + sabnzbd instead of nzbget
Mounted network drive over samba with dietpi
Mounted usb 3.0 flash drive
Moved dietpi user apps to mounted usb drive
Set sabnzbd storage locations to usb drive
Set radarr/sonarr aliases to sabnzbd locations for movies/tv
Set radarr/sonarr download paths to mounted network drive

Works really well now, and almost as fast as my desktop!

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 11, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

UncleGuito posted:

Just in case anyone was following this, finally got it to work. Swapped my Pi 3B+ for a 4B 2GB:

Cool, glad you got it sorted out!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

UncleGuito posted:

whats the performance like for SABNZBD unpacking files? that is always what people say is the slowest aspect of putting this stack of apps on ARM CPUs

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Laserface posted:

whats the performance like for SABNZBD unpacking files? that is always what people say is the slowest aspect of putting this stack of apps on ARM CPUs

A 1080p file around 5gb takes less than 5 mins. It's pretty negligible compared to my gaming desktop, especially considering this setup is always running and syncs at a more frequent interval. Haven't tried 4K since my drive isn't that big.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone having issues with nzbhydra just not responding for interactive searches but works fine for stuff from Sonarr\Radarr?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Irritated Goat posted:

Anyone having issues with nzbhydra just not responding for interactive searches but works fine for stuff from Sonarr\Radarr?

The old Python one? If so then yes all the time, and it usually shat the bed with API searches too.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

UncleGuito posted:

A 1080p file around 5gb takes less than 5 mins. It's pretty negligible compared to my gaming desktop, especially considering this setup is always running and syncs at a more frequent interval. Haven't tried 4K since my drive isn't that big.

When is that gaming PC from? 5 minutes for a 5GB rar/zip set is sloooooooow. My desktop machine unzips 5GB in about 40 seconds.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

GutBomb posted:

When is that gaming PC from? 5 minutes for a 5GB rar/zip set is sloooooooow. My desktop machine unzips 5GB in about 40 seconds.

I meant that as long as it's not upwards of 10 mins or something, it doesn't really make a difference to me - not like I'm sitting around counting down to the second or anything. The pros for me definitely outweigh any cons.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Keito posted:

The old Python one? If so then yes all the time, and it usually shat the bed with API searches too.

Hydra 2, yeah. I really don’t wanna reset it but I’ve taken to grabbing nzbs myself instead since I can’t do interactive searches on Hydra.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I just setup hydra2 for the first time a couple weeks ago and both API and manually searching works fine for me.

The only thing that’s bugging me is that one indexer will block/ban you if you let hydra2 download the nzb from a manual search and automatically hand it off to sabnzbd (anti-account sharing measure). But the alternative, to have hydra send a nzb link to sabnzbd and let it be responsible for downloading the nzb, doesn’t work (possibly some quirk of docker networking?). I excluded that indexer from manual searches (it works fine with sonarr/radarr) and use other indexers for manual search but it is one of my better indexers and I miss having its results in manual searches.

Lawen fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 26, 2020

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Irritated Goat posted:

Hydra 2, yeah. I really don’t wanna reset it but I’ve taken to grabbing nzbs myself instead since I can’t do interactive searches on Hydra.

Are you accessing hydra through a reverse proxy and the other services talking to it directly? Maybe check your proxy timeout settings if so.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
If anyone else occasionally grabs 4K shows, don't forget to make sure your indexer settings in Sonarr include the indexer's 4K section. It looks like when you add DogNZB to Sonarr, it defaults to only searching SD and HD. Took me a little while to realize why I couldn't find anything.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

If anyone else occasionally grabs 4K shows, don't forget to make sure your indexer settings in Sonarr include the indexer's 4K section. It looks like when you add DogNZB to Sonarr, it defaults to only searching SD and HD. Took me a little while to realize why I couldn't find anything.

is there any solid way to know what shows are out in 4K and which are not? i set everything to prefer 4K but it never gets anything at all, but I have also had a few instances where Sonarr has grabbed a new copy of something and attempted to overwrite it while I was playing it via plex, which was fun.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Laserface posted:

is there any solid way to know what shows are out in 4K and which are not? i set everything to prefer 4K but it never gets anything at all, but I have also had a few instances where Sonarr has grabbed a new copy of something and attempted to overwrite it while I was playing it via plex, which was fun.

I just go off the assumption that if it's a Netflix or Amazon Prime show (maybe Hulu?) then it's probably available in 4K. If it airs on cable, then it's not.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Lawen posted:

I just setup hydra2 for the first time a couple weeks ago and both API and manually searching works fine for me.

The only thing that’s bugging me is that nzbs.in will block/ban you if you let hydra2 download the nzb from a manual search and automatically hand it off to sabnzbd (anti-account sharing measure). But the alternative, to have hydra send a nzb link to sabnzbd and let it be responsible for downloading the nzb, doesn’t work (possibly some quirk of docker networking?). I excluded nzbs.in from manual searches (it works fine with sonarr/radarr) and use other indexers for manual search but .in is one of my better indexers and I miss having its results in manual searches.

There is an option to proxy the nzbs which hydra warns you is against Nzbs.in policy, however I am not sure they could tell if you did.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

ClassH posted:

There is an option to proxy the nzbs which hydra warns you is against Nzbs.in policy, however I am not sure they could tell if you did.

I assume they'd be able to seegrabs from the nzbhydra user agent. And they'd see duplicate grabs for account sharers

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Keito posted:

Are you accessing hydra through a reverse proxy and the other services talking to it directly? Maybe check your proxy timeout settings if so.

Nope. I'm on the PC where it is installed. I'm close to just nuking it all and reinstalling Hydra2. I hate having to set up indexers again but I need a fix for it.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I’m not sure if it’s because sabnzbd and hydra2 are both running in dockers and have to talk to each other over a docker network but the only way I could get the “send to sabnzbd” option working in hydra manual searches at all, for any indexers, was to enable the proxy option and click through the warning about that one indexer requiring the “send link” option.
I ended up just disabling it as a source for manual searches. It still gets used for sonarr/radarr API searches so it’s not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying.

Lawen fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 26, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Is it just me or is chrome now flagging nzb files as "dangerous"

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
I had the same experience grabbing both nzbs and zipped subtitles yesterday, running auto-updated regular Chrome.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I honestly don't remember the last time I had to actually download an nzb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zer0spunk posted:

Is it just me or is chrome now flagging nzb files as "dangerous"

You probably already know but Google accidentally flipped a switch that flagged all zip files as dangerous and Chrome blocked them for an afternoon. ALL zip files...

Lawen posted:

I’m not sure if it’s because sabnzbd and hydra2 are both running in dockers and have to talk to each other over a docker network but the only way I could get the “send to sabnzbd” option working in hydra manual searches at all, for any indexers, was to enable the proxy option and click through the warning about nzbs.in requiring the “send link” option.
I ended up just disabling nzbs.in as a source for manual searches. It still gets used for sonarr/radarr API searches so it’s not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying.

I was about to say I had this working without any additional config, but now I think I may have just been downloading nzb files and throwing them into a shared directory that sabnzbd monitors. I use jails instead of Docker, but could you do something like that?