Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just lmfao if you don't just immediately respond to "covid skeptics" in your life by telling them to bury themselves in concrete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

At this point I am genuinely surprised this aired... where are my fluff opening er up stories about patio dining? wtf cbs

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mastershakeman posted:

No it isn't, you're right. But The USA is on fire and things are going to get crazy, school districts may well just try to do poo poo like this to make it to christmas break

It's going to be a lot messier than this if teachers really do refuse to go to work. Lots of parents are already going to feel that it's unsafe for their kids to go to school, and teachers loudly and publicly saying "no I won't die for this" is going to make the situation much worse. Crowding a bunch of kids into understaffed schools with untrained babysitters is going to sound like a nightmare even to the chuds.

I'm honestly a little bit freaked out that we may be seeing the public education system hitting a roadblock that it can't get past

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

It's missing the part where he is drilling hoes into the boats.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
^^ lol

funny but doesn't capture the infectiousness of viruses

and the people who would start drilling holes in the boat to prove how fake it is

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

what is the postivitty rate exceeded 100%

what would happen

tron is real

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZbXv6hh62/?igshid=1tnks95at9105

All Gas No Brakes in my town lol we’re hosed

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Man who wrote to Trump peddling toxic bleach as ‘miracle’ coronavirus cure charged with federal crime

Jfc, I went looking for a less garbage source article and found several religious news sites defending this motherfucker on the basis of ~religious freedom~

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ruggan posted:

this country sucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1280816175207890945?s=20

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Cowpocalypse posted:

^^ lol
funny but doesn't capture the infectiousness of viruses

and the people who would start drilling holes in the boat to prove how fake it is

Eeeay!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

more like No Masks All Fakes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

It's going to be a lot messier than this if teachers really do refuse to go to work. Lots of parents are already going to feel that it's unsafe for their kids to go to school, and teachers loudly and publicly saying "no I won't die for this" is going to make the situation much worse. Crowding a bunch of kids into understaffed schools with untrained babysitters is going to sound like a nightmare even to the chuds.

I'm honestly a little bit freaked out that we may be seeing the public education system hitting a roadblock that it can't get past

Betsey Davos isn't gonna miss an opportunity to kill public education.

But yeah, if schools can't start back up I can't even imagine the immediate impacts to parents or the long term impacts to the kids. But if they do start back up they're just gonna be huge plague reservoirs.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

It probably would be best for America if baseball starts back up, runs for a week, and then has to shut down with players getting seriously sick. Something really public and hard to ignore it the only thing that might make people accept that this is real.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Thoguh posted:

It probably would be best for America if baseball starts back up, runs for a week, and then has to shut down with players getting seriously sick. Something really public and hard to ignore it the only thing that might make people accept that this is real.

you're right that it should, except it probably won't because america

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So are any industries other than Amazon Warehouse Worker and Grubhub Driver growing right now if somebody wanted to jump ship before thier industry disappears? Asking for somebody whose industry is undergoing a severe and possibly permenant contraction right now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Thoguh posted:

Good news, "spring training 2" has already started so that'll happen soon

also the Ivy League is cancelling all fall sports and Ohio St has "paused" all athletic practices and activities

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lol if the mlb cant get off its feet and running, how the hell are schools supposed to operate?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dunno who this guy but i give video a FAIL rating. Thumbs Down

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the nba and nhl are possibly even more deluded given the fact that a bunch of people are getting sick already in both leagues and some nba players have even opted out

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

The NBA shutting down bought us a few months, I think MLB (or the NBA doing it again) having players sidelined and the season shut down would force a lot more people to accept that schools and colleges are hosed, if nothing else.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thoguh posted:

So are any industries other than Amazon Warehouse Worker and Grubhub Driver growing right now if somebody wanted to jump ship before thier industry disappears? Asking for somebody whose industry is undergoing a severe and possibly permenant contraction right now.

amazon driver

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Gio posted:

lol if the mlb cant get off its feet and running, how the hell are schools supposed to operate?

it gets better

the entire MLB plan was predicated on "we will have quick and accurate testing"

a couple teams and several other individual players have missed workout days because it's taken longer than 72 hours to get test results back

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gio posted:

Sadly they'll just say that baseball just wasn't trying hard enough and people will really only freak out when football is canceled.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the MLB is only really standing out because its ownership is especially insane and evil, I have no doubts things are just a bleak and dire for every other league

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Thoguh posted:

apparently high end home theater poo poo based on one of my clients

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I'm surprised Betsy hasn't resigned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I'm surprised Betsy hasn't resigned

?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Seems like a lot of stuff related to home remodels is doing a shitload of business. I assume lots of people working from home are using the time to work on their houses. Dumb to be doing big expenditures on your house right now though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

snoo posted:

amazon driver

Good point. Those trucks are becoming more than UPS in my town.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Betsey Davos isn't gonna miss an opportunity to kill public education.

But yeah, if schools can't start back up I can't even imagine the immediate impacts to parents or the long term impacts to the kids. But if they do start back up they're just gonna be huge plague reservoirs.

I am 100% confident that schools will not operate (at least not in anything resembling a normal capacity) this coming semester. The only question in my mind is whether they'll attempt to reopen and shut back down, which is probably the worst of all worlds for parents, teachers, and students. The only way schools operate until Christmas is if this all just magically disappears by August.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Raccooon posted:

Seems like a lot of stuff related to home remodels is doing a shitload of business. I assume lots of people working from home are using the time to work on their houses. Dumb to be doing big expenditures on your house right now though.

i think you grossly underestimate the amount of money people with money have

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

snoo posted:

amazon driver

That or highwayman robbing said Amazon trucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lacrosse posted:

Bad things only happen to good people. Evil people get off scott-free and live to be 100+.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Smythe posted:

22k home theater contracts lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

SKULL.GIF posted:

A couple years ago we had mass teacher strikes across the country during the midterms and the media flat out refused to cover it

I wouldn't get your hopes up

They generally achieved their own goals though

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

DarkEuphoria posted:

i wear my mask but cover the exhalation valve with cloth, like i was wearing a cloth mask.

it makes me real sweaty in the face area, but at least I’m not going around saying fygm about masks, sheesh
i edited it to emphasize the fact that it doesn't filter exhalation and added this as a recommendation.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Gio posted:

lmao “replace all the teachers”

with who? they cant get enough teachers when theres not a deadly pandemic

Illinois has had a severe teacher shortage for years!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Smythe posted:

if people I know are any indication it's a ton of people financing home improvements because they don't believe that any downturn will impact them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

triple sulk posted:

I mean, the NBA shutting down and the NCAA canceling March Madness is basically the only reason the original lockdown happened, so there's a chance.