Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also the same guy that made like a long multi-part essay on why the GBA games ruined everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

yep. i never understood that series a single bit.

E: it's not about the GBA games in general at all by the way, it's "just" an extremely long analysis/nitpick on why fire emblem 7 has a bad story actually.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 9, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sad that so many gaming communities have people in powerful position who abuse their power.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ulio posted:

Sad that so many gaming communities have people in powerful position who abuse their power.

At least some seem to be being pushed out now by either the community or the companies themselves.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's no good FEtuber tbh

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Is Mekkah the guy that makes long-rear end tier videos?

That's his main thing, along with ironman runs of the games, and "play fire emblem better"-type videos. The Mr. Plinkett style review of FE7 was definitely cringe, as are all Mr. Plinkett related things.

Tired Moritz posted:

There's no good FEtuber tbh

Goon project: It's time to get a vtuber to play fire emblem.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ulio posted:

Sad that so many communities have people in powerful position who abuse their power.

Fixed that for you. It doesn't matter what community it is, when people are at the top they will gain power, and those with power will likely abuse it. Usually, because the people at the top are either extremely popular or have done important things. I can say that at least with FEU, Mangs was never someone who's content was liked I mean we have Ghast as our original youtuber boy anyway

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mangs is such a piece of poo poo that even if he hadn't been a general sex pest and committed sexual assault (and he clearly did), he'd still be a piece of poo poo. Dude has promoted full-on fascist poo poo on his Discord before, like linking Black Pigeon Speaks videos about why women have destroyed western society a few years back. He's utter garbage.

I've always felt really conflicted about Mekkah as a result. I like Mekkah's videos, at least the ones he does without Mangs, but I sorta have to side-eye him because he willingly associated with Mangs in the first place. Mangs isn't a case of "wow he seemed so normal from the outside"--he's openly been a fascist, misogynist creep the whole goddamn time.

I want to believe the best of Mekkah because I like his videos (except his pseudo-Plinkett thing, whatever the gently caress that was) but like... what does it say about a person if they considered someone like Mangs a friend?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 9, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well, mangs is a weirdo about women, mekkah is a weirdo about women. the only real diff is mangs wants to bone down while mekkah has never met a female character he thinks should exist.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

He likes Bernadetta now

But yeah, you're right, he has a real weird habit of hating on female characters really disproportionately, even when he's not with Mangs.

Are there any Fire Emblem YouTubers who don't suck? Like Ghast, Lucky Crit, and MaxHP jumped in to support Goosaphone right away which seems good on them but I have no idea if their videos show they're actually lovely too

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Harrow posted:

but like... what does it say about a person if they considered someone like Mangs a friend?

Not a lot. A lot of people look up to and are friends with people who turn out to be scumbags. People who Mangs have abused could have considered him a friend, or been part of his videos.

This is not aimed at Mekkah or anyone in particular, I don't know most of them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Zerk, Pavise and Chaz seem to have also jumped in defense of Goose, with Goose actively saying how she stayed in a hotel room with Chaz (and Ghast, I think?) for a con because it was preferable than to deal with Mangs in any way shape or form.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Someone here should just be a FEtuber.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I think that whoever decides to become an FEtuber is just in for realizing that a lot of the enjoyment they derive from playing the games is just going to go up in smoke.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I like the screenshot LP format we have on these humble Something Awful forums better anyway

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Danaru is doing a Three Houses video LP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928040

Unfortunately, he's not that good a FE gamer, but he's playing it together with his boyfriend Grace, and it's very adorable to watch :3:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I did video playthroughs of some of the FE games when I streamed. 8, 9 and 10. I was midway through 11 when uh... my father passed. It's been hard to work up the energy to return to streaming after that.

I still got the archives up of most of it on my youtube channel. You know, if you want to watch an FE9 run where Ike gains now strength and I spend 9 hours "Perfecting" the desert map because I am a fuckin' weirdo who needed to "Get all the BEXP while also getting all the treasure, and not killing more than the allotted laguz."

Which would be fine... in a world where my Ike had gotten strength, or my Marcia, or my Jill...

This was a world where Level 20 Lord Ike had 12 strength and thus could not be relied upon to do poo poo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was actually thinking about doing an FE9 VLP once I finished my current run of it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Gonna make a 3 hour video about how edelgard was right

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Seems like Mangs is deleting twitter and basically ending his youtube channel after basically denying the first allegations. Good riddance, I had watched some of his videos as a beginner but never watched enough of his content to sniff out him being a totally pervert incel loser.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

I was actually thinking about doing an FE9 VLP once I finished my current run of it

I was thinking of doing one but ending up just streaming on discord to friends.

I don’t think I’m entertaining enough for a VLP...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

hopeandjoy posted:

I was thinking of doing one but ending up just streaming on discord to friends.

This is the most professional way to stream imo. I played through Genealogy like this for the first time, and having a friend network that would help me with it without outright spoiling how to win was ideal. I'm looking forward to playing Thracia in a similar way.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Gonna make a 3 hour video about how edelgard was right

:hmmyes:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

while mekkah has never met a female character he thinks should exist.

This is so far off the mark and I'm not even sure where the sentiment is coming from.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

He did go on a bit of an anti-Lyn crusade but he maintained that he liked her as a character, he was just arguing against the idea that she's a good unit.

That said I made a point of never watching anything he did with Mangs because Mangs annoyed the poo poo out of me so maybe some worse poo poo came out of those.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lyn is fine because Mani Katti is absolutely busted. If you play without Lyn mode even Mani Katti isn't enough to save her but if she's joining at level 10 she'll be good for as long as Mani Katti lasts, and then will kinda suck after that

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

well since we're talking about it, might as well mention the conclusion to the mangs episode which is that to my surprise he made an actual "sorry i am a piece of poo poo, i'm leaving" post and is gonna get off social media, out of the community, and not make any more videos. did choose to not delete his channel though.

I was honestly kinda expecting him to do a non-apology and one of those turns into fully pandering to the worst parts of humanity with his channel.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Chaz Aria LLC also getting called out. All FEtubers are bad.

https://twitter.com/Indie_Calls/status/1281380746830262274?s=20

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

Chaz Aria LLC also getting called out. All FEtubers are bad.

https://twitter.com/Indie_Calls/status/1281380746830262274?s=20

Except in this case it's far more complex as people are saying this is not the first time Indie has tried this and everyone, including the person they're claiming is the victim has disavowed them and said they were manipulative.

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrythefiend/status/1281431240311222272
https://twitter.com/truth_fe

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Onmi posted:

Except in this case it's far more complex as people are saying this is not the first time Indie has tried this and everyone, including the person they're claiming is the victim has disavowed them and said they were manipulative.

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrythefiend/status/1281431240311222272
https://twitter.com/truth_fe

She is saying that she is the victim, not another person.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

professor metis posted:

She is saying that she is the victim, not another person.

Issat right, I got that part of the story mistaken then. That's my bad. That said, it is still something that is far more of a complex situation than Mangs straightforward one, enough to know I ain't touching an inch of it till it's resolved.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Also, truth_fe is a puppet account run by the accused (or someone close to the accused, since the account constantly posts things only the accused has access to) in this case. And this guy saying she's lying basically went to the accused who said "she's lying" and he took him at his word. I don't really see what he's posted that confirms she was lying other than just calling her a liar. The fact he dipped out but his puppet account (dedicated to believing the victims) and associated allies circled the wagons immediately is pretty sus.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Horrible people are surfacing and being exposed in all my fandoms recently (which is obviously a good thing) but god the internet has been exhausting these last few weeks

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

Also, truth_fe is a puppet account run by the accused (or someone close to the accused, since the account constantly posts things only the accused has access to) in this case. And this guy saying she's lying basically went to the accused who said "she's lying" and he took him at his word. I don't really see what he's posted that confirms she was lying other than just calling her a liar. The fact he dipped out but his puppet account (dedicated to believing the victims) and associated allies circled the wagons immediately is pretty sus.

Is it a puppet account? I'd heard that claim coming from /feg/ but nowhere else. But if you say so, I'll believe it.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Onmi posted:

Is it a puppet account? I'd heard that claim coming from /feg/ but nowhere else. But if you say so, I'll believe it.

It's purely circumstantial but what people are saying is:
- The account posts things that only Chaz could have access to.
- Chaz had been beefing with Mangs for a while but getting heat for it, hence creating an anonymous account.
- The second Chaz gets accussed the account goes to work in his defense almost immediately, like it was expecting it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chaz also had himself a mini "lol these accusations are so dumb" meltdown on Twitter last night so yeah he's looking pretty loving scummy right about now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any tips for chapter 25 Pale Flower of Darkness on FE7? The long range mage's can one shot some of my units...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ulio posted:

Any tips for chapter 25 Pale Flower of Darkness on FE7? The long range mage's can one shot some of my units...
those long range tomes only have five uses, you can just make sure only high res units are in their ranges for the first few turns

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nearly exactly one year ago, this was released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaRsEhTB70

It's still the by far best Fire Emblem trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Nearly exactly one year ago, this was released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaRsEhTB70

It's still the by far best Fire Emblem trailer.

Honestly I like the Fates reveal trailer more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU