Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://people.com/health/missouri-summer-camp-sees-dozens-infected-with-coronavirus-as-outbreak-raises-safety-concerns/

quote:

Missouri Summer Camp Closes After 82 Kids and Staff Infected with Coronavirus

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, saw 82 campers, counselors and staff members test positive for coronavirus

At least 82 campers, counselors and staff at a summer camp in southwestern Missouri have been infected with COVID-19, according to state health officials.

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, reopened their camps to thousands of kids beginning in May. Kanakuk chose to reopen after Missouri leaders said that there was a risk in letting camps reopen, but that they were confident that the camps had made plans to stop any potential COVID-19 outbreaks from happening.

Parents of Kanakuk campers were recently notified by email that one of the camps known as K-2, in Lampe, was temporarily shutting down after staff and campers contracted coronavirus.

Per a report from NBC News, parents received an email last week from Rebecca Duncan, Kanakuk's health services director, advising them that their children may have been exposed.

"As your Kamper returns home, we recommend that you consider a 14-day self-quarantine for your child and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19," the email read according to the report.

The organization — which prides itself on having more than 90 years of experience in summer camping — holds six overnight and day camps across the state with around 20,000 campers a summer, according to its website.

Kanakuk Kamps :thunk:

Here's their website: https://staging.kanakuk.com

On the very bottom of the page:

OUR KAMPS
K-1
K-West
K-2
K-Kountry
K-Seven
K-Kauai
KampOut!
Worldview Kamp

Which can be rearranged:
code:
K-1
K-WEST
K-2

K-
Kountry
K-Seven

K-
Kauai
KampOut!
:tinfoil:

Also, a bit of artistic liberty:

KanaKuK
Khristian
Kamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Kovid-19

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

What a kurious situation!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

These Krazy Khristians Kan't get enough of their "K"s!!!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Of course it’s loving Kanakuk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
it's a khristian konservative ku klux Klan kiddy kamp korona katchin' katastrophe!!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Julius CSAR posted:

Of course it’s loving Kanakuk

You know it? Tell us more! :allears:

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
20k kampers

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Uhhh...fatality i guess

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

LabyaMynora posted:

You know it? Tell us more! :allears:

Not really to be honest just besides that it’s a crazy camp for fundies and some people I know hated being sent there.

Used to drive by it (K-1 or K-2 I think) whenever I would go down towards the lake of the ozarks and it looked like garbage.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

kyanka kamp

edit - kamp kyanka

Telebite fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 9, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Telebite posted:

kyanka kamp

DicK'yanKa, the Kids Kamp spanKa'

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I think... we all think the masks was a nice idea. But - not pointin' any fingers - they coulda been done better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thought for sure this'd be a drat ol squatchin thread an what we got here is worse'n that.

It's a friggin white pride shin dig in them hills and ain't even good squatchin OR campin lands down in...Missouri? Jeeesus christ they ain't even got TREES down there, just tall grass fer fucks sake

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

kongratulations?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Telebite posted:

kyanka kamp

edit - kamp kyanka

Kamp Kounselor Kyanka is all 'bout them foul afoots.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

Thought for sure this'd be a drat ol squatchin thread an what we got here is worse'n that.

It's a friggin white pride shin dig in them hills and ain't even good squatchin OR campin lands down in...Missouri? Jeeesus christ they ain't even got TREES down there, just tall grass fer fucks sake

There’s a ton of trees down there, but yes, also a ton white pride poo poo

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Being dumb bored and curious I checked out their website. Take a look at the executive team page pictures. It's like a bingo card of creeps:
https://staging.kanakuk.com/about-teams/

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

More like KampfOut!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Internetjack posted:

Being dumb bored and curious I checked out their website. Take a look at the executive team page pictures. It's like a bingo card of creeps:

There's like one normal guy and a bunch of ghouls.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Afoot? Better get out of here before a forum owner tries to huff it.

e:

But with new and improved Joker brand...I get a grin, again and again!

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 9, 2020

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

McGavin posted:

There's like one normal guy and a bunch of ghouls.

Holy loving poo poo lol

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

KAnon

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Internetjack posted:

Holy poo poo

mindstorm
Jan 28, 2011

Smellrose
Getting serious Krusty Komedy Klassic vibes from this camp's naming/media team.

Also some of those execs look like the descriptions of camp counselors from that gross goosebumps book. Feel bad for those kids all getting exposed to/getting the virus. What a lovely thing to be all excited about camp and oops debilitating lung disease.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Hey Kids! Welcome to KK-Kamp! I'm Patrick, director of Discipleship, but you can just call me Pat!
And here is Collin!

Hi Gang! How's everyone doing today! I love having all you KK-Kids here at KKKAMP!
And joining us is Matt! Everyone say Hi to Matt!

Hugs and KK-Kisses for everyone!

Edit: dang you guys copy and post faster than me!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Internetjack posted:

Wow!

Typical creepy Evangelical old guy with plastic surgery

Don't mind me, I'm just here to check out your kids

Pedo guy

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mindstorm posted:

Getting serious Krusty Komedy Klassic vibes from this camp's naming/media team.

They really, really didn't need to spell "Kamp" with a "K."

They just really, really wanted to.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Now I am admittedly just taking poo poo out of context, because...

LOVE FOR KIDS
We are in the kid business.
I eat children.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

This post coming to you from exactly 19.5 miles from that place. Do I win a prize? God the stupidity in this general area is overwhelming.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Internetjack posted:

Now I am admittedly just taking poo poo out of context, because...

LOVE FOR KIDS
We are in the kid business.
I eat children.

Powder, a film by Victor Salva

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

From their "Worldview Kamp" page:

Having a good god drat normal one at kamp kkk studying apologetics to defend the faith.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Big Beef City posted:

From their "Worldview Kamp" page:

Having a good god drat normal one at kamp kkk studying apologetics to defend the faith.

Samuel L... Jackson?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Internetjack posted:

The caucasity of these people

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

thats not how faith works >:[

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
🔈
https://i.imgur.com/P0mpdZ7.mp4

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ok I don't know what the loving hell you americans are doing but Montreal is about to make mask-wearing mandatory whenever you step foot inside a business.

Give this poo poo a try idk, there's a pandemic ongoing also who the gently caress is sending their kids to summer camp in 2020 what the gently caress shut off the TV and talk to science maybe

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Giving those kids COVID was all part of God's plan.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

It’s going to own bones in 6 weeks or whenever they do this for all the schools across the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Bronze Fonz posted:

Ok I don't know what the loving hell you americans are doing but Montreal is about to make mask-wearing mandatory whenever you step foot inside a business.

Give this poo poo a try idk, there's a pandemic ongoing also who the gently caress is sending their kids to summer camp in 2020 what the gently caress shut off the TV and talk to science maybe

Lol, just we're only a little over a month before we start sending all those kids back to school together. I'll let you guess as to whether they're requiring the kids to wear masks. lol, no. It's strongly suggested at my district: read probably like 50% gonna do it for a week before they get self conscious and stop. The whole country is going to have had covid by the end of the year.