Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

The whole oops not hum it was DBD bit seems natural though

I imagine you watching this with the same scrutiny as like a criss angel trick on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I imagine you watching this with the same scrutiny as like a criss angel trick on youtube

I'll figure out how he does it eventually, you'll see

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like the Pera case, and I don't like her pop in to confirm the visit with nothing else, that never looks good

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is driving me in circles, the logical part of me thinks going after anyone who visited a flipped scum is likely to be a waste (yes there are scum roles that might want to visit each other but it's not likely) but the dumb death miller line in the OP just ruins that. Out of the three alleged visitors though Pera definitely looks the worst posting-wise

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

It's hard to know what to make of spoonsy this game, but taste seems scummiest to me of the people that visited Jen, so I think taste is the killer. I don't know if as a SK who hit scum and scum failed in their NK, or if it's night miller stuff and taste is on the scum team. I think seeing the flip of the person who killed Jen could shed light on the night miller stuff.

##vote taste

Didn't love SubRosa yesterday and this makes me feel it stronger. Even if this logic of seeing who killed Jen was sound, taste seems like a name pulled out of a hat and I have no idea why he'd be better than Pera or DBD

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I think I was wrong about sandwolf yesterday, I feel pretty good about him being town today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hambeet where are you?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
One last thought before sleep: If people are going to vote me under the assumption of there not being any death millers and being Jen X's scumbuddy and we're ignoring pera (or Taste, if he claims to have been there), where the gently caress did the kill come from?

1. The masonry claimed they weren't responsible for the kill last night.
2. There was was only one kill (on a Cabal Goon), so not from Cabal.
3. There could now be the assumption of a scum team that isn't Cabal, or an perhaps an SK, which I haven't seen anybody talking about as far as me being linked to, so switching from my "waffling" and "weirdness" with Jen to being some other killing role would be a complete stretch for anybody who voted me.

The ONLY thing that would make sense is if people thought I did the kill as Cabal and it got re-directed onto Jen, but I can prove my role and I guarantee you it's not in lieu of a kill. I also would think it would be pretty disingenuous if people wouldn't believe me being re-directed unless it was to accuse me of killing someone.

People are just ignoring everything and linking me to Jen X and not thinking anything out it feels like.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
end of d1 vs right now postcounts

by my count pera, token, hal, amni, and hum are all under 10 posts for today as of now. there's some time left, just letting you know.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 9, 2020

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

end of d1 vs right now postcounts

by my count pera, hal, amni, and hum are all under 10 posts for today as of now. there's some time left, just letting you know.

Oh yeah, how about now?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh yeah, how about now?

:argh:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

I also have a bad feeling about Rosa but I haven't been able to anchor WHY exactly I think they're scum.

:same:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

How did that thinking go?

i don't think they thought that hard because

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm thinking hal

## vote hal

Reasons

1. Criminally low post count. I know I know that's not enough of a reason on its own but

2. the posts have poor content. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=49279

3. Votes jenx and then unvotes, moves around

Looking at how he's interacting with sandwolf seems like the way I'd play scum if I were them. So. I think hal and sandwolf.

like, that case is the equivalent of waving your arms around vaguely

not a fan of their posting tbh. except for that hal vote they've not made a single read today, and yesterday they voted sandwolf because he doesn't like people who write too much and merk's case was good. he rides that vote out until day end.

they've spent the majority of their posts today (over a quarter of their total post count too) on this:

I for sure read the "death miller?" in the op as a joke. hosed up if true.

I feel like every game I play someone says "make me death miller lol" so I naturally ASSumed it was a joke

cut me some slack it was two pages that I missed ~ BY ACCIDENT ~

I would never quit mafia

I don't wanna vote on my skeleton-av buddy

I think I didn't get a chance to read their post histories yet

because mafia games here are 75% explaining to each other how to play mafia

this was the closest thing to a read (and that's being really generous)

In Merk's chatter with sandwolf up ther I walked away feeling merk was more towny than sandwolf. but I thought that D1 and maybe I just made that decision d1 and looking for confirmation bias.

Too early to vote on ppl

##vote nevergirlsofficial

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I’m still very suss of Hal and Hum for opposite reasons (lurking)

they're definitely quieter than usual and that's driving me cbonkers

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

OMG Hal is like the towniest person in the game for the timing of his Jen vote.

We are just not on the same wavelength at all this game.

what? why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

I think pera is the one who sent spoonsy the message D1 based on some of her D1 posts.

I have a neutral read on pera otherwise and I’d like to see her respond to recent events.

gently caress, this is the one i wanted to quote.

why?

was it this?

peramene posted:

there's about as many reasons for it going scummy as going ~misguided town~ but i think it was the wrong call to make

I think I have come around on this particular coin

##vote spoonsy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm running out of steam on this catch up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal because he's played more games than anyone else and therefore is probably the best at being scum.

lol i also note hal was ngo's pick to asiina's content game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm tunnelling, but omitted this from my mass quote of NGO because it was game related / content

my flavor seems to imply there is an sk in this game

it was an interesting thing to drop, but i don't see anyone comment on it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress i'm skimming the last two pages.

of the vote leaders:

dbd has come across as over-reacting and i want to think more on their claim.

pera's fairly absent today and her posting yesterday is a bit light. we've got two results confirming her visit even though one of them is from hum who lol is absent too.

i'd probably lean pera if it comes down to the wire, but am voting ngo currently for their play so far!

bonus round:
taste i'm not sure what the case is tbh, out side of visiting the night kill. also i'm not super keen on sub rosa and they're one of the two people voting taste.

other thoughts:

spoonsy loving up the names is, wow, interesting to see. i don't know what i think about that. i don't know how you gently caress that up. claiming it was from hums confirmation, who he quoted, and put hum's name first on the list. ehhhh.

hal, why you calling me out when i have been posting more than you? why not tokes? why not humalong? (although i like the post you just made about sub rosa picking taste's name out of a hat.)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wasn't calling you out, I was lonely and no one else was likely to be around

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

awwwww

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so who else do you think hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok so Pera and SubRosa for two

Nevergirls looks pretty sus too, I was mixing them up with Rosa a bit in my mind, but NGO has some wishy washy posts and I think after all that happened in this game which is a lot, falling back into a lurker vote for me is a sign of someone struggling to generate fake opinions

Beyond that things get murkier for me

Tokes fade into the background has been her scum MO recently, I could see it there but I'd still be surprised by her early "kill me" plea yesterday, but maybe she's good enough to know we were unlikely to follow through. Very interested to see where she goes from here

Beet, you have been a little less present and freewheeling than I expect from you, but you've also been posting into an echo chamber a lot this game so that may be it, and I've agreed with a lot of your takes. Your my outside scum read now

I feel solid about Sandwolf, tentatively good about taste, yuming, Spoonsy. DBDs last few posts from the claim on make me feel better about him

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey it's the a team! wb humalong.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hey it's the a team! wb humalong.

Clearly we are the H team, smh

Hopefully we get more from hmmmmalong

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

cross checking scum chat with the thread takes time.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

How you feel about merk is how I feel about Sand. This seems like a pretty cut and dry Sand town game.

interesting
never played with sand asair

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Actually I would like to ask everyone publicly what they feel about the probability of death millers or janitored roles (with regards to Jen X)?

I just don't like when people are like "don't worry about that stuff" and then proceed to make a case on me tying me to Jen when the possibility of role misinformation exists, meaning you probably do think its bullshit.

I said already and I'm saying again I think death miller comment in OP was a joke. I don't think there are death millers. A janitor action would have hidden the alignment not change it.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yuming posted:

The gymnastics here is impressive.

Jen flipped scum.

DBD is saying don’t play mafia trust there is some wacky nonsense going on that makes it RIDICULOUS to case a player based on content we should just vote with some converging night action results. Hard pass.

If there is crazy role stuff going on then I’m even less inclined to trust any results.

I think it is scummy of DBD to take this so far.

yeah on this

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Spoonsy's claim, to me, feels like a legit claim. I can't think of too many times I've ever seen scum do a fake claim then change the results once claimed. I think DBD's reaction to the claim is pretty suspect.

##vote DBD

I suspect DBD is actually a third party killer based on how they've acted.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

peramene posted:

indeed i did not kill Jen

thbank you

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

actually I guess if you did I'd still thank you

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

It's hard to know what to make of spoonsy this game, but taste seems scummiest to me of the people that visited Jen, so I think taste is the killer. I don't know if as a SK who hit scum and scum failed in their NK, or if it's night miller stuff and taste is on the scum team. I think seeing the flip of the person who killed Jen could shed light on the night miller stuff.

##vote taste

you're gonna focus on an sk now? even if spoonsy is sk I say let him go hog wild we have bigger threats

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

you're gonna focus on an sk now? even if spoonsy is sk I say let him go hog wild we have bigger threats

I mean, eliminating a nk is always a good move.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Tell me what you honestly think the game is then. Is there nothing we should anticipate being wonky? You and yuming have everything figured out, please tell us how simple this game is and why everybody should ignore everything but the Jen X stuff. I'll wait.

I'm going to be honest, it's tiring to deal with you latching on to me each game thinking you're right when I haven't rolled scum in any game this year. You go on this attack with people when you think they're right, pose questions they already answered, and then when the flip town you brush it off and act like you couldn't have listened or approached the game in a different way. Scum merk fine, whatever, that's your job, but if you truly are town then it's not the most fun thing to engage with.

## vote deadbeat dad

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

##vote taste

Okay, DBD/Rosa makes sense to me as a scum team right now.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I mean, eliminating a nk is always a good move.

yes but is it the best move? if we can lynch scum, better to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yes but is it the best move? if we can lynch scum, better to do that

From a Game Theory design, yes., it is. Assuming it's a traditional SK, eliminating htem as early as possible is generally the best move.