Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Extra nightkills means the game goes faster. Unless the person performing those nightkills has incentive to kill scum, it's in town's best interest to eliminate them as fast as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Has Tokes said anything today?

noperz

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Amnistar posted:

From a Game Theory design, yes., it is. Assuming it's a traditional SK, eliminating htem as early as possible is generally the best move.

ok I don't wanna get too in the weeds here but that sounds wrong. because town can win with sk alive and not with scum alive.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

generally it's scum that are most interested in hunting sk. town just happy to take down anyone, tbh.

and my just lol is to you two bumbling out here and casually dropping back to back votes on dbd

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

ok I don't wanna get too in the weeds here but that sounds wrong. because town can win with sk alive and not with scum alive.

You might be misunderstanding how traditional SKs work than. Traditional SK is a third win condition that cannot be acheived alongside either scum or town. So no, town can't win with SK alive.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

generally it's scum that are most interested in hunting sk. town just happy to take down anyone, tbh.

and my just lol is to you two bumbling out here and casually dropping back to back votes on dbd

Eh, I htink we should cuddle Spoonsy or DBD today, and of the two DBD comes across as more problematic to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Eh, I htink we should cuddle Spoonsy or DBD today, and of the two DBD comes across as more problematic to me.

why are you completely and utterly uninterested in peramene?

you've mentioned everyone else, multiple times I think but never pera.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually looking back at it, not multiple times

you've hit up taste for slight bussing, spoonsy and dbd you only mention in that vote now.

no thoughts on pera?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I want pera and tokes to come and talk about poo poo before I even consider voting right now. I don't like how Yuming buddies up to Merk, I don't like the Merk/DBD stuff but I do read DBD as town. I don't like hum not actually even playing the game just showing up to post a possible result and a lol. I don't like Pera showing up confirming and disappearing. I don't like a lot of any of this right now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

where's the buddying up? i was leaning town on yuming

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

yuming posted:

I am suspicious of DBD and think merk is town. merk didn't like the same posts that pinged me D1 so I asked him to look at them again.

~so weird~

yuming posted:

Here's how I'm imagining the game atm:

(1) Early D1 scum wanted pressure OFF of Jen.

Hal and merk look +town for their posts here. Taste also has interactions that don't read like scum-with-Jen.

D2 I think scum are going after merk.

She's largely been echoing Merk and vice-versa. But reading her again I noticed something else that feels wrong to me about her which I will post in a moment.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also i completely forgot about tokes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

She's largely been echoing Merk and vice-versa. But reading her again I noticed something else that feels wrong to me about her which I will post in a moment.

the only odd thing in her posts, and i misquoted it before, was her read of hal.

i don't have a town read on hal, nor a scum read. i don't know how anyone could be solid on hal any which way so far this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That NGO case isn't bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DBD's claim does not explain his obsession with Death Millers even though he is trying to say it does.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

is cabal goon a well-known term because there's no reference to a cabal in the op or in my own flavor sheet

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would think cabal goon would be vanilla for sure
Wait, what? Why would a role cop report vanilla on scum if it isn't hosed with?

is cabal goon a well-known term because there's no reference to a cabal in the op or in my own flavor sheet
The flip this morning

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

yuming posted:

I have no issue with Jen X's comment about me. Her voting Sandwolf reads neutral to me. The worst part of her posting was her tone of not wanting to engage with the early D1 pressure on her. But once she explained herself I think being a bit flippant initially is fair on a D1 that takes place over the 4th.

DGK gave me a mild scummy ping for trying to get a reaction from me and ignoring my response but overall his posts are net neutral to me.

merk I don't think comes across as scummy.

I don't want to kill Tokes and don't think she's scum but that must be one weird role.

This post I am mildly scummy and Merk is not. The very next post by her:

yuming posted:

What I'm seeing with Sandwolf/DGK/Rosa/Asiina is that merk can turn into a bit of a boogeyman and attract votes if there's enough ambient support.

This unique passive ability of merk's attracts both paranoid town and opportunistic scum votes.

Sandwolf and Rosa's votes are a bit messier in their explanation but on D1 I think that's a net +town point for willingness to show erratic behavior.

DGK I can talk myself into being scum because I can imagine him imitating his town game here by using talking points from recent games. I've said before this is something I do as scum, but in this game, I see DGK trying to provoke reactions but he dropped the thread with me. I said he sounded reasonable net-neutral because of his merk case and it is a reasonable case. However, it's an easy case to make as scum-DGK because it is just using explanations and content DGK has developed around merk in other recent games.

Not interested in voting DGK, but of the merk votes I can imagine him on the scummier side.

So she specifically calls me out in this post as possible scum, but doesn't want to vote me.

yuming posted:

I said I can imagine DGK as scum but that doesn't mean I wanna kill him today-- mostly I am still of the mindset of trying to stir reads up.

Unfortunately, I know it is a bit late in the game-day for that but alas~

Mentions me as scum again.

yuming posted:

DGK2000 posted:

Humalongs vote that was mentioned:

"I'll vote basically anyone"

"Like my vote on Hal is totally super justified please don't actually read how I justified it"

Quickly changed tone.

Easily dropped Hal. The merk and sandwolf comment is bullshit because Asiina dropped a proxy omgus on Subrosa to defend merk.

I think it is likely Asiina is scum.

##Vote Asiina

So yea I just said to Asiina we don't have to vote one of the masonry out but something does stand out to me:

Asiina posted:

I'm not feeling a Solus vote at all. I'd have to check, but I feel like I agree with him about everything so far?

This quote from Asiina reads like made-up content from Asiina wanting to save Solus from the votes.

Voting spoonsy to protect a mason buddy you don't know the alignment is not a Very Town Perspective.

In fact, its pretty much the definition of scummy so.

##vote Asiina

But then she turns around and uses me as justification for dropping a vote on Asiina??? Like I don't follow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

A mafia goon is typically a vanilla badguy in my experience.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

me too actually

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

i don't think they thought that hard because

like, that case is the equivalent of waving your arms around vaguely

not a fan of their posting tbh. except for that hal vote they've not made a single read today, and yesterday they voted sandwolf because he doesn't like people who write too much and merk's case was good. he rides that vote out until day end.

they've spent the majority of their posts today (over a quarter of their total post count too) on this:

this was the closest thing to a read (and that's being really generous)

##vote nevergirlsofficial

ahahaha look in the frickin mirror buddy

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

the only odd thing in her posts, and i misquoted it before, was her read of hal.

i don't have a town read on hal, nor a scum read. i don't know how anyone could be solid on hal any which way so far this game.

I do also agree about her Hal read. I typically read a lurky hal as somewhat scummy until after D2 which is where his play from there determines how I feel.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

dbd is the scummiest person imho

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

why are you completely and utterly uninterested in peramene?

you've mentioned everyone else, multiple times I think but never pera.

I'm less worried about pera based on the fact they didn't freak out in thread over the whole thing, and I didn't see anything in my skim review of the end of day events that jumped out about a jen/pera relationship.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I was busy yesterday and unable to post, beyond what I did. I've skimmed over the thread, and I'll address the general comments to me first. I'll be going back over posting my thoughts soon (hopefully later this morning).

Indeed the coins thing is symbol of the masonry.

We can only talk in the masonry at night.

The flavor in our roles suggested that Jen X was the person who called our group to order. There really isn't much to talk about what Jen X said in our masonry beyond what SL did earlier.

I doubt based on the nature of the group, SL's posting, and Jen X's flip that there is a second scum in the group.

~also a musing on death millers~
I'm not really going to consider death millers as a possibility unless we have another scum NKed tonight. Like maybe someone can kill people and make them look like death millers. But there was no indication from Jen that would make me think that she would be a death miller in the masonry (and I feel like that's something that could have come up there if it was true).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Cabal is probably the flavor name of the scum team, and good would be the role.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dbd is the scummiest person imho

why?

I cant get a read on why you think this, all I see is you quoting a couple of people and then voting for the vote leader

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

I'm less worried about pera based on the fact they didn't freak out in thread over the whole thing, and I didn't see anything in my skim review of the end of day events that jumped out about a jen/pera relationship.

Hmmm okay.

It would be nice to see pera return.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

The flip this morning

oh yeah

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

J͚͈̱̙͍̯̘e̺̺̭̳͈ͅn̺͓͇̥̞̲͇ ̪̯̤X̳̣̫̥,̩ ͉B͇̫̩u̗̘̦̼̝ͅl̼b͖̠̜u̥̻l̖̖͎ͅ,̖̭̪̥̤̮͎ ͈̯̗͈Ca̳͓̟ͅb̘̱̩ḁl͍̘ ̩̜̫̥̺͎͕G̮̞o̗̜͎̖̹̱o̤͖̻n͎̹͉̺͎̩͙̯͍͚ͅ was executed night one!

lol bulbul means penis in Hebrew

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

why?

I cant get a read on why you think this, all I see is you quoting a couple of people and then voting for the vote leader

I see 3 potential scenarios that are likely here:

1.) Spoonsy is scum tyring to sow confusion here and hosed up the claim initially then backtracked it in thread.
2.) Jen X was town and was a death miller flip, and either the killer causes a death miller effect or a second scum visited that cuases the death miller effect (DBD/Taste would be my guess for the 2 scum team members in that case)
3.) Jen X was scum, and Spoonsy is telling the truth, at which point DBD comes across as really weird for their reactions. "I got back vanilla but Jen was a goon! I didn't target Jen! I guess it could be that I got redirected but I don't knoooow"

In 2 and 3 I think DBD is a lynchpin player that just, yea. Their reaction to this is rubbing me the wrong way.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Why is this the dichotomy? There are plenty of reasons they could both be telling the truth.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol bulbul means penis in Hebrew

Lol what? I thought it meant bird

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

yuming posted:

I read the coins as a sign they were in the masonry since their role isn’t mason.

this is my operating theory as well

I did not send the midday note to spoonsy, if I had a midday note ability I'd have leaned towards somebody I'd worked with in the past like say Asiina or what have you. tho i guess that's a stupid example because asiina was in the foursome. but i definitely don't just randomly shoot it out. that whole note business is screwy to me.

yesterday was a v. busy day for me and I figured we had time, but I notice token's using the same line lmao

obviously Don't Vote For Me but god ya'll capitalizing my p is so annoying

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Wait, what? Why would a role cop report vanilla on scum if it isn't hosed with?

Scum isn't a role. Traditionally a scum with no role is a goon like a town with no role is a vanilla.

So DBD getting back no power would fit visiting either vanilla town or scum goon

I don't know if DBDs result was literally "vanilla" but even if it was I assume the mod would do that anyway because a return of "goon" would essentially be a regular cops result

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

why?

Why I think deadbeat dad is scum

1. He keeps bringing up this death miller nonsense which I truly believe is nonsense. He's bringing it up more than anybody else. I see this as scum tactic to make us not trust what we actually know about the game. Yumings post that I quoted says it well.

2. I am making an assumption that merk and spoonsy are town, based on my reads, and dbd's interaction at least with merk makes me read him as scummy. for example the post I quoted where I voted for him.

3. defends jenx https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506292735 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506313940

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

Lol what? I thought it meant bird

https://he.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D7%91%D7%9C%D7%91%D7%95%D7%9C#%D7%91%D6%BB%D6%BC%D7%9C%D6%B0%D7%91%D6%BC%D7%95%D6%BC%D7%9C

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

This post I am mildly scummy and Merk is not. The very next post by her:

So she specifically calls me out in this post as possible scum, but doesn't want to vote me.

Mentions me as scum again.

So yea I just said to Asiina we don't have to vote one of the masonry out but something does stand out to me:

But then she turns around and uses me as justification for dropping a vote on Asiina??? Like I don't follow.

Sorry I didn’t respond to this before.
I think I want to go back and reread yuming now, but it’s midnight and I’ve got work tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now that I've showered and I'm more awake I'm not feeling as good about DBD. That claim took a long time to get around to, and since he's an experienced mod I think it's unlikely he wouldn't even have considered Jen being a goon something that would give him a "vanilla" result.

I didn't see it happen in real time but after the Spoonsy revelation I think he'd realize it was at least feasible he got redirected given his results instead of just saying it was impossible, he didn't get around to figuring that out until after his own claim, etc