Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Death miller mentioned in the OP, Jen is the only NK and her flip was Zalgo’d, no bus driver claim even though it would confirm Jen’s flip and confirm a town player

Yeah I’m pretty sure Jen was town and made to flip as scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Why I think deadbeat dad is scum

1. He keeps bringing up this death miller nonsense which I truly believe is nonsense. He's bringing it up more than anybody else. I see this as scum tactic to make us not trust what we actually know about the game. Yumings post that I quoted says it well.

2. I am making an assumption that merk and spoonsy are town, based on my reads, and dbd's interaction at least with merk makes me read him as scummy. for example the post I quoted where I voted for him.

3. defends jenx https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506292735 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929010&userid=79518#post506313940

If you believe the watching results why did DBD visit JenX if they were both scum? And which of taste and Pera is lying about killing Jen?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you believe the watching results why did DBD visit JenX if they were both scum? And which of taste and Pera is lying about killing Jen?

How about dbd was redirected, he wanted to kill town, killed jenx instead

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Good morning. It is I, the idiot.

I still cannot believe I misread my own results like that yesterday.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I've seen anybody do it yet but if the flip was janitored or death miller'd hypothetically then the zalgotext would be a good mysterious indication of that. Do remember that we're working within a flavorful masterpiece and not your standard rodeo

let's talk about DBD

Deadbeat Dad posted:

One last thought before sleep: If people are going to vote me under the assumption of there not being any death millers and being Jen X's scumbuddy and we're ignoring pera (or Taste, if he claims to have been there), where the gently caress did the kill come from?

operating under the assumption that jen was scum and was the scum sent out to do the night kill, a paranoid gun owner type role would've done it, wouldn't it? And you definitely wouldn't want to say that outright whether you did or didn't have multiple charges because you'd like to draw more scum in to try and getcha so you can get em

I'm guilty of it a lot but I really don't like DBD teasing having more information but also straight up claiming

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Crane, Soul Camera Night Witch.

wacky how i missed this before ##vote DBD hey guys its a bad idea to claim which bird you are especially if you're scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i know somber said don't hang ourselves on flavor but also come on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Possible

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress now i gotta find something else interesting to talk about to meet my quota, i wasn't prepared to have it flap into my lap like that

jesus i cannot read through people fighting with merk it's like a goddamn encyclopedia

the more I read DBD the more the Wacky Bullshit feels like cover, and feels like exactly what I would do in that position

one advantage to voting dbd is we get the details behind jen's flip and get that question The gently caress answered, that'd be nice.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why would someone not claim that? It would confirm a town player and verify that Jen’s flip is not a death Miller flip

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why would someone not claim that? It would confirm a town player and verify that Jen’s flip is not a death Miller flip

Like I get that if they do exist they might be like “well maybe I can get them a second time” but you’re playing with fire and potentially driving us to mislunch town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

peramene posted:

i know somber said don't hang ourselves on flavor but also come on

I don’t get why this is a gotcha

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m unclear as to what DBD is claiming after all

He said he didn’t target Jen x but is engaging in hypotheticals about how his results may indicate he did?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why is this the dichotomy? There are plenty of reasons they could both be telling the truth.

They could be, you're right. I dont think they are.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Could also be scum busdrove jen and intended to redirect the kill, but something blocked the bus drive.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

hey guys its a bad idea to claim which bird you are especially if you're scum
Why is Crane a scummy bird?

peramene posted:

one advantage to voting dbd is we get the details behind jen's flip and get that question The gently caress answered, that'd be nice.
How are you sure DBD's flip answers that question?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

She scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ahahaha look in the frickin mirror buddy

This isn't scum hunting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

I’m unclear as to what DBD is claiming after all

He said he didn’t target Jen x but is engaging in hypotheticals about how his results may indicate he did?

He claimed Role Cop/Thief who tried to target Tokes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you boil down DBD's sixteen paragraph post of stuff, you get "I'm a Role Cop/Thief who tried to target Tokes." That's it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

...does it not absolutely? maybe I'm missing something, but getting to see DBD's role PM should put truth to the idea, shouldn't it?

re: crane - I don't want to say too much, but claiming your bird is bad bad bad, it blows the whole game up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

He claimed Role Cop/Thief who tried to target Tokes.

That doesn’t explain his theory rafting about possibly getting results on Jen imo

I don’t believe she had her flip hosed with because I copped her last night and got a Not Town result

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

In about 30 minutes I'm on kid duty for the rest of the day, and will be back before deadline

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

t a s t e posted:

That doesn’t explain his theory rafting about possibly getting results on Jen imo

I don’t believe she had her flip hosed with because I copped her last night and got a Not Town result

Lol yeah ok

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My vote is in a good place but who knows what the next eleven hours will unfold

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:toxx:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

peramene posted:

...does it not absolutely? maybe I'm missing something, but getting to see DBD's role PM should put truth to the idea, shouldn't it?

re: crane - I don't want to say too much, but claiming your bird is bad bad bad, it blows the whole game up.

Without saying too much, then, do stork (for asiina, town flip) and bulbul (for JX, scum flip) make sense?

also what the gently caress is a bulbul

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

##unvote

Still suspicious of taste, but after claiming cop I would want to at least reread before voting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I obviously would *really* rather not have claimed but given that role modifier spec has overtaken reliance on reads I think scum could continue to make great hay out of the confusion. Not ideal but I’ll put myself out there with one flipped already

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

We don't get full role PM's with flips, and even if DBD flips town, apparently both vanilla town and cabal goon are feasible in regards to reporting vanilla powers, so no we wouldn't have any more of an idea.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

Without saying too much, then, do stork (for asiina, town flip) and bulbul (for JX, scum flip) make sense?

also what the gently caress is a bulbul

bulbul makes sense in that that is the result i got, stork is absent from my list which is why i was so hesitant to kill asiina.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

peramene posted:

bulbul makes sense in that that is the result i got, stork is absent from my list which is why i was so hesitant to kill asiina.

##vote pera

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

We don't get full role PM's with flips, and even if DBD flips town, apparently both vanilla town and cabal goon are feasible in regards to reporting vanilla powers, so no we wouldn't have any more of an idea.

tch loving duh sara

thank you rosa

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

Are you claiming Bounty Hunter right now!?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lollin at that Freudian slip

Vote p,

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sub Rosa posted:

Are you claiming Bounty Hunter right now!?

i am not a bounty hunter and i have no killing ability, only an investigative one. i get birds.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
One thing that I’m trying to keep in mind is that since Jen X is the scum group and the masonry. The scum group probably know everything about the masonry already. This makes me suspicious of spoonsy’s claim about getting a message in the middle of the day. If spoonsy is scum, then spoonsy can make the claim and get the heat off of him and on to the masons (note Jen X was the only mason that didn’t really have any heat on them during the deadline. There was a lot of weirdness from me that they probably thought they could exploit, which is what I think happened.

yuming posted:

Voting spoonsy to protect a mason buddy you don't know the alignment is not a Very Town Perspective.

In fact, its pretty much the definition of scummy so.

##vote Asiina
Is it? Maybe this is hind sight being 20/20. But this seems like Yuming just wants to vote out a person in the masonry regardless. Yuming is also the one to really get people to vote for Asiina later, so I feel like this is of note.

yuming posted:

Page 7

Page 11

mason Asiina would've read the first post and known spoonsy knew something was up.

Asiina voted spoonsy knowing he may've known something about the masonry.

Asiina defended Solus-the-fellow-mason.

Asiina is making up content and that is the scummiest thing I'm seeing. She is the mason to kill.
Here is the case.

Spoonsy posted:

I’m actually very good with this

##vote Asiina

Here’s one of the first votes after for asiina.

Yuming’s case for Asiina feels protective of spoonsy. When reading it over I did feel like this was steering away from me. I also feel like if Jen X wasn’t night killed that I was going to be voted out today. These posts make me feel uneasy. Yuming did make the original case against spoonsy though. At any rate. I feel weird about them. Also they both float or contribute to the theory about death millers, while many others do dismiss it. (hum also does).

DGK2000 posted:

Here's yuming demonstrating a much more helpful type of post, where she actually explains her thoughts! I like this. I like her later elaboration on DGK a great deal, too.

I can see it but also I don't think there's enough either way, I'd like him to talk more but his confusion about tokes reads genuine at least

So yes I remembered why I wanted to look at the interactions around Yuming and Jen and Spoonsy. This all feels very coordinated to me, in order to push the narrative at the time that Tokes was scum over anyone else in that group and when it fell on Asiina they stopped pushing it.

So did DGK, and I feel like this post does a good summary.

Merk laso later makes a case today about spoonsy for not doing anything with his information after he posted it, and not making any scumhunting other than than vote I showed about on asiina.

Spoonsy posted:

Or it could be that we've seen that this is a game willing to do drops in the middle of a day (the boon), leading to other things behind the scenes that we don't know about, which somehow gets me a message that we've seen confirmed correct through a NK. You tell me that there's a group of 4 people who share a kill, awesome. I will go with that and when we're close to lunch, I will go with the one that looks like they'll be lunched. Did it wind up being the wrong one of them? Yes. Did something else take care of a member who was scum? Also yes.

This does, of course, mean we're left with the two I initially had issue with, before revealing what I knew.

Oh, and I learned more stuff last night too. Just want to see how things shape up before throwing that out to the crowd as none of it explicitly implicates anyone (expectos a patronum)
The boon, which was already posted about by DGK what it does by this point. There’s no other reason to assume that there are day actions. Merk backs off quickly after this post.

Spoonsy posted:

Since this is in the open, I saw Hum, Peramene, and taste all visit Jen last night.
Also interesting softclaim and followthrough with hum’s claim just before this. I don’t have a comment really, but I think that it’s of note.

Spoonsy posted:

And before anyone says "well you just added one more name to what someone else says", I hinted that this is exactly what I'd be revealing through Expecto Patronum, which let me do a variant of this in the last Potter game.

(this is not my full power either)
Interesting mechanic. Also more softclaiming.

Tl;dr:
-I think that spoonsy hasn't done any scum hunting.
-I think he's trying to out power roles to make confusion elsewhere
-I don't think the day action make sense.
-also there's a weird connection with Yuming, but I don't know what to make of it.

##vote spoonsy

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I think the DBD weird posts about Jen are pretty good. I feel better about voting for spoonsy.

Also DBD's if he did target me, he would have received that result last night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I agree on the spoonsy read but I think he’s doing it for pera’s benefit. The difference in levels of scrutiny is staggering

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

peramene posted:

i am not a bounty hunter and i have no killing ability, only an investigative one. i get birds.

What list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Here were some post of note from around the deadline for day 1 that I didn't include in my post above.

Sub Rosa posted:

Going back to this post of mine. I felt like merk and Hal were being scummy, and it's in defense of Token Female. So I had suspicion that all three were scum.

Now that we know merk was voting someone that is in that group, merk's vote also looks to me like part of an attempt to vote Jen X out of the group so scum has more NK power. Hal's votes have jumped around between Jen X and people who were casing merk.

I'm feeling really good about having my vote on Token Female now.

This feels like there’s a lot of moving parts with this theory. Basically thinking that they’ve caught three scum. It seems a bit wild to me. Also I’m town, so maybe there is some bias there for why I think it’s not as great.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Just a feel now with how things have unfurled and I like Sub Rosa's thinking, but would vote any of them besides Solus. Would probably also vote merk.

DBD though likes the theory.

Mr. Humalong posted:

You're headed down a dark path by setting up chain lunches.

This is Hum in regard to sub rosa. I think this is a fair point.

peramene posted:

this game is for the birds!!!!!!
This is just a post I like.