Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Realized I didn't have Bejeweled 3 on steam so picked up that, along with "we must build a boat" and "might and magic: clash of heroes". Just needed something supercasual to play in the dead zones between.... doing things in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

Its a different version, not just a regular update, which is why I imagine GoG doesn't have it. Plus its nice to have the option of both if you want.

Or I just could be nuts, I have bought the game like 6 times now :v:

Nah, it´s cool, I decided to drop Magical Hall and go all in on Dragonpass and Six Ages together with Fort Triumph since I also crave something in the same vein as Xcom.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1281234964525301760

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Penpal posted:

Realized I didn't have Bejeweled 3 on steam so picked up that, along with "we must build a boat" and "might and magic: clash of heroes". Just needed something supercasual to play in the dead zones between.... doing things in life

WMBAB rules. I played through it and the developer's first game, 1000000, on iPad.

Any good sub-$2 recommendations to snatch up as the sale is winding down? reYal is 99 cents and is a fun little puzzle game.

EDIT: It's actually titled "YOU Must Build A Boat"

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 9, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Brocktoon posted:

WMBAB rules. I played through it and the developer's first game, 1000000, on iPad.

Oh man, anyone who doesn’t have these buy them right now. They’re amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s probably close to industry wide, excluding Switch. I bet Switch is closer to 50/50.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Penpal posted:

You Must Build a Boat is really satisfying and a good match3 game. Congrats

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So Assassin's Creed Odyssey has this photo mode, and when you take pictures in it, those pictures can show up on the map of other people playing the game online. For whatever reason though, the starter island I'm on has this one guy taking a bunch of pictures of peoples legs/feet and its starting to get annoying.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Which theHunter DLC are worth a look? I've seen the Parque Frenando and Vurhonga Savanna maps get a lot of praise, should I give the rest a miss?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's not going to be perfect but if you want something in the same kind of genre, House Flippers did it for me. Somehow I love cleaning up messes/fixing problems for other people in games.

Oh yeah, House Flippers is loving zen. Stellar cleaning sim.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So Assassin's Creed Odyssey has this photo mode, and when you take pictures in it, those pictures can show up on the map of other people playing the game online. For whatever reason though, the starter island I'm on has this one guy taking a bunch of pictures of peoples legs/feet and its starting to get annoying.

I'm afraid barefoot is far too legal in ancient Greece

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

re: the xcom talk last week or whatever.

Do people know this game, Othercide exists?
Just found out about it and watched some of the (currently ongoing) stream and it looks really cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/798490/Othercide/

stream: https://twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive

some cool looking scarfs in this game

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Omi no Kami posted:

Which theHunter DLC are worth a look? I've seen the Parque Frenando and Vurhonga Savanna maps get a lot of praise, should I give the rest a miss?

Having played all of them a lot, I think they're pretty much all of similar quality. I'd just pick the ones with the environments you find most appealing.

e: The latest map, Silver Ridge Peaks, doesn't have any side missions for some reason, if that's a thing you care about. The map itself is still great.

Vastakaiun fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 9, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Flimf posted:

re: the xcom talk last week or whatever.

Do people know this game, Othercide exists?
Just found out about it and watched some of the (currently ongoing) stream and it looks really cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/798490/Othercide/

stream: https://twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive

some cool looking scarfs in this game

I put that on my wishlist and a REALLY nice goon got it for me in the steam gift train, which you should ride. Also the game looks dope and I can't wait to play it.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
this is all i ended up buying:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

err posted:

Do not trifle with the frog people

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

err posted:

Good choices, I hope you enjoy playing them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i bought several games but instead i'm just replaying hollow knight

haven't touched it since before any of the expansions dropped

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Reminder that you shouldn't play Bennet Foddy:

After 12 straight hours

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Oxxidation posted:

i bought several games but instead i'm just replaying hollow knight

haven't touched it since before any of the expansions dropped
The Dream Nail now has an unlockable teleport ability. I highly recommend rushing for it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I never get tired of seeing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ fill up the chat box.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I just beat Assassin's Creed: Origins and I loved it.

That is all.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Consider picking up Cat in a Box if you like RPGMaker-style horror games. I've played a little bit of it and it's actually impressive on many levels. It also has good support for window resizing.

And get DemonCrawl. And Monster Train. And QT.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Omi no Kami posted:

I like the Yukon map, it even switches between snowy and not snowy occasionally depending on weather.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i finally did it

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'd appreciate a review from anyone I gifted during this sale (not counting actual gift train rides). Thanks.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loving love that feature! One of the first things that happened in AC origins was that I stumbled over a photo spoiling plot stuff. Thanks Ubisoft!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

i finally did it

Congrats!

...you're catching up with me, I'm gonna have to get more games if I want to stay ahead

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Last seven minutes: Planet Coaster or Parkitect (probs wait for a better deal), and if Planet Coaster, which DLC?

Or Planet Zoo?

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Last seven minutes: Planet Coaster or Parkitect (probs wait for a better deal), and if Planet Coaster, which DLC?

Or Planet Zoo?

Parkitect rules but I didn't realize how expensive it is now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Parkitect is very good and feels pretty much exactly like playing Rollercoaster Tycoon again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Parkitech has better sim gameplay, Planetcoaster has better coaster construction.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Congrats!

...you're catching up with me, I'm gonna have to get more games if I want to stay ahead

Crazy that you've beaten over 2,000 games.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Crazy that you've beaten over 2,000 games.

beaten? haha oh no, these are collectors items, they're supposed to sit on the shelf and look pretty

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m seven games away from 1337. Soon.... soon...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Cartoon Man posted:

Parkitech has better sim gameplay, Planetcoaster has better coaster construction.

Now I wish we had a Parkitech equivalent to the citybuilder genre to complement Cities:Skylines.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Persona 4 is 18% off on Fanatical.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

StrixNebulosa posted:

beaten? haha oh no, these are collectors items, they're supposed to sit on the shelf and look pretty

Shelf? What shelf?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

punk rebel ecks posted:

Shelf? What shelf?

Ceci n'est pas un shelf

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Watchdogs two is on sale for $10 this weekend on steam, but supposedly you can get it free if you log into Uplay on the day of Ubisofts (not E3) presentation on 7/12.

But that probably won’t duplicate into your Steam Library if that’s important to you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Shelf? What shelf?

The big one, it's sorted by size currently: