Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

chunkles posted:

do trolls inherently need to kill or was sllort a troll serial killer on top of that.

I think she just wanted to get rid of Old Man Powell so they can keep sledding on his hill

Also ransack is house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, she was chowing down on that crow pretty hard, it's possible she's a carnivorous predator and needs to eat large amounts of meat to survive.

I liked Sllort, to bad she's going to be too busy hanging out with hella cool girls and hot guys to be a regular character.

Honestly, I sorta expect so see her around. Hell, this episode proved that Billy became a regular.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Klaus plot was perfect.

Pack it up Klaus is back on the thermostat.

Good episode overall.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Klaus has been killing it this season

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yates posted:

Maybe it's his season after all :unsmith:

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, I sorta expect so see her around. Hell, this episode proved that Billy became a regular.

True, and the incompetent cops from the murder tour episode made a return appearance as well.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Billy. His slow talking was probably the best way to deliver his lines.

I felt like a monster taking joy in his arms getting blowed up. :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Yates posted:

I love Klaus. I think the only episode I didn't like him in was the one where he takes over Stan's body, because it gave me weirdly visceral anxiety about someone taking over my body and doing horrible things to it.

edit:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Billy. His slow talking was probably the best way to deliver his lines.

I felt like a monster taking joy in his arms getting blowed up. :(

I was but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to defend him. Also, I maintain that his arms should have fallen off from the weight of the rifles and not the blowback.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 7, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Don't get me wrong, Billy has had some great moments! The Lacroix argument and "Aaaah YEAH! I'll do that with anybody!!" are great.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Don't get me wrong, Billy has had some great moments! The Lacroix argument and "Aaaah YEAH! I'll do that with anybody!!" are great.

"i DON'T have X-ray VI-sion!"

"Uuuchhh!!! Yess you DO, Beelly!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Billy is fine in small doses, but when you try to get him to carry a whole subplot he doesn't really have the strength to pull it off and gets kind of irritating.

The Simpsons and Family Guy have a similar problem with taking side characters and devoting entire episodes to them when they really just work best when used to occasionally make one off jokes.

I mean don't get me wrong sometimes giving a background character a larger role works (people might fight me on this, but I've loved how they've used Tuttle in the last few seasons), but when it doesn't work it's excruciating.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm still waiting for an epic sequel to the Golden Turd story

Perhaps another type of turd that makes a Messianic figure of whomever holds it

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I love the Golden Turd stories so much. My only issue with them is that it seems like they're in all of my least favorite episodes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love the Golden Turd stories so much. My only issue with them is that it seems like they're in all of my least favorite episodes.

Here, now you can watch all the golden turd clips combined into a mini-episode without having to bother with episodes you hate: https://youtu.be/tBEXo2hfnns

Man, the animation has improved a lot over the years.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Just the way the screen format would shift was funny in itself

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love Klaus. I think the only episode I didn't like him in was the one where he takes over Stan's body, because it gave me weirdly visceral anxiety about someone taking over my body and doing horrible things to it.

edit:

I was but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to defend him. Also, I maintain that his arms should have fallen off from the weight of the rifles and not the blowback.

For me, the most "anxiety inducing" scene is the one where roger demonstrates he doesnt care about the family and they watch him casually break hayley's arm

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

For me, the most "anxiety inducing" scene is the one where roger demonstrates he doesnt care about the family and they watch him casually break hayley's arm

He did to show much he cared about the family; he was trying show how it was better for them to live in a computer since physical bodies break and die.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Toshi's friend!

Barry was awesome this ep

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Klaus on the nod clicking the projector was just fantastic.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

MizPiz posted:

He did to show much he cared about the family; he was trying show how it was better for them to live in a computer since physical bodies break and die.

For some reason, "watching yourself get murdered/injured" is just some kind of a helltrigger for me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Was just in Target, and saw someone buying a bike, and it reminded me of Roger's line from a few eps ago: "Well, off to Target to buy a terrible mountain bike."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There's an upcoming episode called "Men II Boyz" which I pray to god is just a Scott Grimes vehicle.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I rewatched "Data" last night and totally missed Bullock's "Low five!" to Stan.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Billy is the past couple season's Reginald

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Tyler Whitney posted:

Ah gently caress

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nah, I liked Reggie. Billy only worked when he was Dr Kalgary’s weird little homunculus. As a fellow regular student in Steve’s school, he’s not doing it for me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone on the writing staff must really like that episode with the Doctor because this character just keeps appearing and I don’t really get it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hey now, Dr. Kalgary is voiced by Alan Tudyk and we can never have enough Alan Tudyk.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Hey now, Dr. Kalgary is voiced by Alan Tudyk UNT VE KAN NEFER HAFF ee-Nuff Ahlahn TooOO-dyk!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

Hey now, Dr. Kalgary is voiced by Alan Tudyk and we can never have enough Alan Tudyk.

Dr. Kalgary is fine, he shows up and does his funny mad scientist bit and leaves, it's Billy who keeps getting more screen time than needed.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

They must have realized they used Principle Lewis too much and need something else for Kevin Michael Richardson to do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've been watching random episodes on Hulu lately and the spy parody episode For Black Eyes Only has really poorly aged. The Francine character Sexpun is cloned as a black lady which involves Wendy Schaal doing a stereotypical "black" voice. So, you know, yikes all around for that.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

That's not the only time where AD has done a stereotypical black woman voice.

Roger as At&t operator Shalonda Dikes
Roger as the fat church lady
Home Adrone - "Oh you are not telling me how to raise my child!" :nyd:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only memorable scene in that episode was all the Tearjerker clones either killing or loving each other.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

bull3964 posted:

They must have realized they used Principle Lewis too much and need something else for Kevin Michael Richardson to do.

Do you really think this or were you just trying to slyly drop that VA mind blower because if so mission accomplished

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The Chad Jihad posted:

Do you really think this or were you just trying to slyly drop that VA mind blower because if so mission accomplished

Little column A, little column B.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tyler Whitney posted:

I liked reginald too, fight me

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked reginald too, fight me

In a field?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Adult Swim has the Gay Republican episode on right now.

No way later seasons Steve would know "Earned Run Average".

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
When it comes to side characters that could have been overused but they didn't, I think they have so far used just the right amount of Stelio Kontos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Zero One posted:

Adult Swim has the Gay Republican episode on right now.

No way later seasons Steve would know "Earned Run Average".

I always liked "they love hot pecrorals and good old fashioned Christian morals"