Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Doom Patrol:

From the trailer for the next episode, I guess they couldn't get the rights to use the Challengers of the Unknown?

I'm a little disappointed since making GBS threads on the Challengers was probably my favorite parts of that Teen Titans Go movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

This show is way better than it has any right to be.

STEELE AND STONE

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Axel Serenity posted:

STEELE AND STONE

I love how the robot parts got that "1970s TV budget" look to them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Axel Serenity posted:

STEELE AND STONE

I would watch the poo poo out of this if it were a spin-off.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-batman-universe-will-expand-with-an-hbo-max-cop-sho-1844337122
HBO Max is getting a Gotham Central type show set in the Reeves Batman universe.
RIP HBO Max BatFleck miniseries rumors.

edit: also, Stargirl S1 is on sale on US itunes for $10 atm. Excited to see this show after how much everyone in the thread seems to like it.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 10, 2020

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

LadyPictureShow posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of this if it were a spin-off.

Only if they bring back Philip Glenister from Life On Mars to be their gruff captain.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hypocrisy posted:

Doom Patrol

Steel and Stone, surprisingly good together.

Wow, that last part escalated quickly. Before then I was sad enough watching Larry's son betray him and get his grandson shot but drat.

I suppose in Niles' defense...not telling Dorothy about his misdeeds is important in that she listens and believes in him and without him she'll make more wishes. But yeah, lots of awful choices from the world's most awful man. drat it all Niles.

I like the gruff spider imaginary friend. EYYY I GOT EIGHT LEGS HERE

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Team Dorothy for sure, gently caress baby doll. RIP big monster dude, you were chill
Edit: lol I just read an AMA on Reddit with the actress who plays Dorothy, she's 20 years old in real life holy poo poo

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 12, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Team Dorothy for sure, gently caress baby doll. RIP big monster dude, you were chill
Edit: lol I just read an AMA on Reddit with the actress who plays Dorothy, she's 20 years old in real life holy poo poo

Kind of funny how this episode showed that Diane Guerrero is barely taller than her.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Terror Sweat posted:

I know right? Blew my mind.

Link to the AMA

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
She's 4'9'' which is wild.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the middle of watching this week's Stargirl and I'm wondering if we're going to get a reveal that Pat is actually super old. It would definitely explain some stuff.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah...Pat has been around.

I really like how sinister Dr. Ito is. Even among villains he's different.

Two cliffhangers and the reveal about the ISA's plot. Kind of wish Brainwave kept his old hair.

ISA zoom chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UKhHUcBgSo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's definitely something weird going on with aging seeing as Dr McNider was pushing 100 when he was killed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I marathoned the first 8 episodes of Stargirl this weekend. This show really is a lot better than I expected.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

For the Kiteman fans.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The end of this week's DCeased was just :discourse:.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So they're modeling Dragon King (Shiro Ito) on a real life war criminal Shiro Ishii who performed horrible experiments on prisoners during WWII. "Fun" fact, unlike the supervillain, in real life Shiro Ishii got away with no consequences!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

So they're modeling Dragon King (Shiro Ito) on a real life war criminal Shiro Ishii who performed horrible experiments on prisoners during WWII. "Fun" fact, unlike the supervillain, in real life Shiro Ishii got away with no consequences!
"Ishii and Unit 731 were granted immunity in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East by the United States in exchange for information and research for the U.S. biological warfare program. "

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Sidenote I really enjoyed how instead of trying to make Darkseid silly and lighthearted like the rest of the show they just steered right into the iceberg, to the point of playing ominous music only when he speaks. Made for a better joke.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zegermans posted:

Sidenote I really enjoyed how instead of trying to make Darkseid silly and lighthearted like the rest of the show they just steered right into the iceberg, to the point of playing ominous music only when he speaks. Made for a better joke.

shut the f—

whoops wrong forum :shobon:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So Harley Quinn S1 and S2 arent on HBOMAX? Thats a shame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're going to be, eventually.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shageletic posted:

So Harley Quinn S1 and S2 arent on HBOMAX? Thats a shame.

HBO Max enjoys its artificial scarcity.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Doom Patrol

There's a lot I could say about the episode but the ending...wtf was that Chief?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Preview for the next episode also seems wild.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This episode was a real Cliff hanger.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ded posted:

This episode was a real Cliff hanger.

god dammit

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

heh heh.. "Homebrew devil-ship.."

Edit: trailer for Episode 7 is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2yUpyhBSU

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 17, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
what the gently caress, Niles

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
That was a really good episode, but Cyborg essentially being in a different show is getting a bit old I think. Valentina was great and I'm hoping she'll return to jumpstart a Rebis storyline.

Trailer speculation: Was that the Love Glove in the box?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Stargirl, I would not be opposed to having Nathan Fillon show up as an older, puanchy Vigilante. I also like how Green Arrow and Speedy are right there but not mentioned.

And yea, picking up peoples surface level thoughts would make you hate humanity, but like Court says, there's more to people than that, plus the meeting with Yolanda I hope makes him realize that he is probably an rear end in a top hat.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Merrill Grinch posted:

That was a really good episode, but Cyborg essentially being in a different show is getting a bit old I think. Valentina was great and I'm hoping she'll return to jumpstart a Rebis storyline.

Trailer speculation: Was that the Love Glove in the box?

I actually think Larry's arc is pushing him away from becoming Rebis unless he ends up donating his Negative Spirit or something.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So basically, the Challenger clones were disposable wannabes that were literally just half of the real Challs designed to be thrown away for a plot point.

Why are they just burying them? Couldn't that fungus spread to other dead bodies and then before you know it, worldwide zombie plague but instead of wanting to eat you, the zombies just want to play tackle football all day long.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Binary Badger posted:

Why are they just burying them? Couldn't that fungus spread to other dead bodies and then before you know it, worldwide zombie plague but instead of wanting to eat you, the zombies just want to play tackle football all day long.

I believe they said that the fungus couldn't survive Earth's atmosphere, and those two guys were definitely running down.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nice, Stargirl making a Prez reference right off the bat!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stargirl was another episode where the ending kind of overshadowed everything that came before it.

I appreciate the reaction to Dragon King's face was just screaming into energy blast.

That was a nice misdirect with Brainwave's wife being cold when found.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/merrillbarr/status/1285284256256716800?s=21

This link confirms it

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.com/us/media-release/hbo-max-highlights-august-2020?language_content_entity=en

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

RIP DCU

Please let Titans continue on HBO Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Hypocrisy posted:

Stargirl was another episode where the ending kind of overshadowed everything that came before it.

I appreciate the reaction to Dragon King's face was just screaming into energy blast.

That was a nice misdirect with Brainwave's wife being cold when found.

Almost everything. I'll probably never get over Cindy's "DADDY DADDY DADDY, let me kill her!"