Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Don't look into the world of medical residencies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

swickles posted:

Don't look into the world of medical residencies...

Or first year lawyers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know it happens, I'm just pointing out that it's unnecessary and ridiculous

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheAardvark posted:

pro tip: you can wear a mask in your tinder pic now to hide your disgusting mug without looking insane

I am so self-conscious of my teeth, mask season has been wonderful.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
gently caress it- Doing it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Good call, surely nothing bad could come from overloading your body with stress at a time when a weakened immune system could be a literal death sentence.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It seems like relying on one ~covid safety officer~ to take care of all of the covids 24hours/day 7days/week is a suboptimal solution for multi-billion dollar conglomerates? :thunk:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched the first episode of Close Enough (technically first two since it does the whole 12 minute story thing) and it is definitely in the same vein as Regular Show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Good luck.

Unless you have a house and multiple dependents you're gonna want to contribute a massive amount of that to a 401K/IRA or something because come tax time 2021 you're looking at a 5 figure tax bill.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Only watched the first two episodes but if I May Destroy You holds up this quality then its easily going to be one the best and most relevant shows of 2020. Except, you know, it wasn't so prescient as to include a worldwide pandemic as a plot device.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

So I watched the first episode of Close Enough (technically first two since it does the whole 12 minute story thing) and it is definitely in the same vein as Regular Show.

But what if I don't care about kids or people with kids?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sleeveless posted:

Good call, surely nothing bad could come from overloading your body with stress at a time when a weakened immune system could be a literal death sentence.

I already had SARS-CoV-2 and it hosed me up for weeks. Went from zero to 103.5 fever in the span of about two hours. Took me about a month before I could actually even get off the couch.

I do not recommend doing that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'd probably get fired if I was sick that long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

But what if I don't care about kids or people with kids?

I've only watched the first (two) episode(s) but the kid isn't really a factor. It mainly just focuses on the parents being screw ups.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

I'd probably get fired if I was sick that long.

I own a business and was lucky with that. I was too sick to even drive to work.

The first symptom I had was a complete loss of appetite. For two days I could not eat at all.

Sleeveless posted:

I can’t tell if you’re being thoughtful or being a dick. The full Sleeveless experience.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How the gently caress did Supernatural last 15 goddamn seasons. I like the lighthearted episodes but jesus! Season 10 has been an entire season where barely anything happened and also introduced Rowena and Claire who are both just horrible. Then they add some stuff about Frankensteins in the last five episodes like that's the same thing as an overarching storyline. Yeah, yeah, it's schlock and what did I expect but I hit my limit and wanted to vent.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Because the show is amazing and awesome and I want another 10 seasons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gaunab posted:

How the gently caress did Supernatural last 15 goddamn seasons. I like the lighthearted episodes but jesus! Season 10 has been an entire season where barely anything happened and also introduced Rowena and Claire who are both just horrible. Then they add some stuff about Frankensteins in the last five episodes like that's the same thing as an overarching storyline. Yeah, yeah, it's schlock and what did I expect but I hit my limit and wanted to vent.

CW's CEO is a huge fan, if I recall correctly. He basically gave them a blank cheque to make the show for as long as Padalecki and Ackles want to keep doing it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gaunab posted:

Hint: nobody watches Supernatural because "things happen"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

precision posted:

Hint: nobody watches Supernatural because "things happen"

Gaunab posted:

Yeah, yeah, it's schlock and what did I expect but I hit my limit and wanted to vent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh I was just making a joke about the fans obsessing over the guys :v:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah, speaking of I just want my wayward sons to carry on

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/YyZaqZraWWc

May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines.

This song is weirdly comforting. Let’s drink to the dead and say why we loved them. Tim, you started my dungeons and dragons group in the first place.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 10, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched the first five seasons of Supernatural and enjoyed them but got one episode into season six and decided I had enough of the show and never watched it again.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Gaunab posted:

How the gently caress did Supernatural last 15 goddamn seasons.

15 seasons? How did they have more enemies after season 6? What other otherworldly enemies were/are there?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched through 9 or 10 and I just remember they started mining the hell out of the Bible for more angels and demons and poo poo. I liked up through 5 a lot but I got real bored of that, when what drew me to the show in the first place was the huge varieties of monsters. I would watch 15 seasons of it as a pure MOTW show in a heart beat.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I watched the first five seasons of Supernatural and enjoyed them but got one episode into season six and decided I had enough of the show and never watched it again.

TV Zombie posted:

15 seasons? How did they have more enemies after season 6? What other otherworldly enemies were/are there?

I think I watched until the big bad of a season was like.... God's long lost sister? Then I just never got around to watching more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The show spent the last 10 seasons struggling with the question of “what else is there?” And yes there were some bad ones but then again there’s a loving Scooby Doo episode so everything was worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The school play episode is amazing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What show is Doom Patrol comparable to, anyway? Everyone fawning over it makes me interested in checking it out, but I’ve never really clicked with any of the CW Arrowverse shows. Is it in that vein, or something different?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not like the CW Arrowverse shows at all. It’s very funny and adult and weird. And not funny in that Legends of Tomorrow “lol xD so random” way

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I've heard good things about the Scooby Doo episode of Supernatural. It's cool that the show basically got a blank check but there's just something frustrating about 10 seasons with 22 episodes that don't know where they're going which probably is a sign they should have stopped.

I'm sure the main actors are grateful for the steady paychecks but I wonder if they ever wish the episode count was lower so they could try filming something else during the break.

Someone should make a book or documentary about the behind the scenes stuff with the show. I feel like it could be interesting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

OldSenileGuy posted:

What show is Doom Patrol comparable to, anyway? Everyone fawning over it makes me interested in checking it out, but I’ve never really clicked with any of the CW Arrowverse shows. Is it in that vein, or something different?

No, it's a very meta, kind of punk comic show, like Preacher or The Boys

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's an episode about a teleporting, sentient, genderqueer street, and it's incredibly touching

If that doesn't sell you I got nothin

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the thing with DP is that it’s extremely off-the-wall and absurd but it also has fantastic characterisation and it’s quite melancholic a lot of the time too, like the original comic concept was basically “what if the x-men’s powers were just awful and made their lives significantly worse” and it leans into that a lot. Alan Tudyk’s character might bother you if you’re not into meta stuff but I thought he was fuckin great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

There's an episode about a teleporting, sentient, genderqueer street, and it's incredibly touching

If that doesn't sell you I got nothin

Larry's karaoke scene was amazing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

Probably Umbrella Academy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It is definitely “Umbrella Academy but not poo poo and things actually happen”

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

OldSenileGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmiA2bbFlsY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Larry's karaoke scene was amazing.

That's the one that sold me on the show.