Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1. dmboogie (he/him)
  2. Roydrowsy
  3. sandnavyguy
  4. Scientastic (he/him)
  5. Somberbrero (He/him)
  6. Spokes (he/him)
  7. Tommu (devil creature )

Out:
Playtime 1 - textbookOrigins, Benjamin Button – Daycare aligned Tracker Baby
Nap time 1 - IllegallySober, Tommy Pickles – Daycare aligned Vanilla rugrat
Playtime 2 - dmboogie, The Son of Man – Daycare aligned Doctor Baby Jesus
Nap time 2 - Tommu, Baby Spice, Daycare aligned vanilla baby pop star

“Oh James they’re so cute”
“I know, Shiela. I’m so happy we finally opened our daycare, and it’s gone so smoothly too. What a bunch of little angels”
“They are, and they deserve a treat when they wake up from nap time. Should we get the snacks ready?”

Five minutes later
“James, I have the milk ready, have you got the cookies?”
“Shiela... Shiela I forgot to order the cookies. We don’t have enough.”
“What do you mean?? How could you forget?”
“I’m sorry Shiela! I forgot to order off goldbelly when I was doing our online shopping!”
“Oh no.... What do we do? Is there anything we can give them??”
“Look, I’ve found an old box of cookies at the back of the cupboard.. There’s a few in there. We can give them some applesauce now and figure out a way to divide up the cookies for later.”
“James I can’t believe you...”

The babies were woken up by the frantic sounds coming from the kitchen. Nine pairs of eyes looked wearily around their naptime circle. Half cookies? Quarter cookies? As everyone began to find their toys for play time all but a few resigned themselves to the fact they’d be getting only crumbs later on. No. Crumbs wouldn’t do, they wouldn’t do at all. Amidst the sound of baby bumpers and blocks sliding on wire, a scheme was being hatched...

Hello and welcome to merk’s mafia game baby’s first mafia game, a game for 9 people. It’s a basic scenario with dumb flavour so I can learn how to run a game and hopefully do something more complicated with dumber flavour later on.

The game will have two phases:
Playtime: This is daytime
Nap time: This is night time

Rules, which I’m stealing from other people:
1 please be nice. Mafia is a very stressful game and I don’t like it because people are mean to each other. Please don’t be mean to each other, or at least not too mean.
2 Don’t edit your posts.
3 Don’t post after you’re out please. Nothing at all! - I guess you can make like one post in character as long as it doesn't give away anything??
4 Don’t quote stuff from out of thread.
5 Don’t fake day actions.
6 Death millers? I don’t know what this means so I guess don’t worry about it.
7 Please don’t post after hammer. I work weirdish hours so checking in is a bit spotty, but will act on things as soon as I can.
8 please post a lot
9 there’s a discord, it is here: https://discord.gg/wcFQt7D
10 I made this game so I can write dumb stories about stupid babies. Don’t look too hard into flavour.

Babies:
1. Illegallysober
2. Dmboogie
3. Somberbrero
4. spokes
5. Tommu
6. Roydrowsy
7. Scientastic
8. textbookOrigins
9. sandnavyguy

Have fun!

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I will sign up for a short, small, silly mafia game.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ready to blast

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm going to take this really seriously.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Hello! This would be my first mafia game but I just got done playing the mafia-themed survivor forum game and now I have a strange taste for lunch. I’d like to join.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
In

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

he/him for me, thanks

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Spokes posted:

he/him for me, thanks

mafia edit: got it updated in votefinder :)

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I’ve not played in years but if you are still taking people a small game would be a nice way to ease back into it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There are still 4 spots so you can have one of them :)

Hoping the game gets filled kinda soon. I don't think it'll last long, but I go on holiday early August so it'd be nice to have it finished by then

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I will do you the favour of playing in this game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ilmucche posted:

7. Sciencetastic

Looks like baby needs a reading lesson

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Scientastic posted:

Babby needs less difficulty in sleeping :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh hey its my man Roydrowsy! good to see you Roy!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Sciencetastic has a nice ring to it though

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sciencetastic has a nice ring to it though

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh hey its my man Roydrowsy! good to see you Roy!

It has been quite a long time!

I’m looking forward to playing again.

It’s nice to see names i remember.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hal play in this game. Be a big baby

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

gently caress it, I wanna play. They/them please.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

textbookOrigins posted:

gently caress it, I wanna play. They/them please.

I've added you in. The pronouns are pulled automatically from somewhere by votefinder, I'm not sure how people set them up, sorry!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

ilmucche posted:

I've added you in. The pronouns are pulled automatically from somewhere by votefinder, I'm not sure how people set them up, sorry!

You set them in votefinder in your account profile. (This is not a sign-up post)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Put me down as a replacement unless you really can't find a ninth

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Hal Incandenza posted:

Put me down as a replacement unless you really can't find a ninth

Just join you gremlin

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ll give it a whirl, sign me up!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ok that's nine! Please make sure you're in the discord and I'll start getting channels together (to make sure I get them right)!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This prompted me to go back and look at my first game, and reminded me how much fun it was running games...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The babies heard the announcement and despite the cookies news could only carry on playing. Legos were moved, toy cars crashed into each other, doorknobs licked. Everything seemed normal, and James and sheila handed out the applesauce for playtime before retreating to the kitchen to discuss the cookie situation.
The babies ate in their own little corners alongside their toys, not really paying attention to each other. Eventually it was nearly nap time, and James came in to put everyone to bed.

“Alright little people, it’s tim-”
His eyes went wide, and the babies followed his gaze to the mess now lying by the opened window. Someone had made a trail of applesauce from the window into the daycare and ants were already streaming in.
“Sheila! Come quick!!”
Sheila rushed into the room. “James, who did this??”
James looked at the babies, all of their wide eyes looking back innocently at him. “I don’t know sheila, how do we handle this?”
“We clean it up obviously! What is this? A daycare for ants?? No! I’ll get the cleaning supplies from the kitchen, you figure out who did this. We can’t have a baby in our daycare that’s going to do things like this.”

Sheila hurried off to get the vinegar, leaving James again faced with the babies by himself. Maybe the babies knew who did it? And maybe... maybe if one baby got sent home that would be one baby less looking for cookies at the end of the day.. James smiled to himself, he didn’t know how, but it looked like the babies were going to solve his cookie conundrum for him.
Grinning he turned to the toddlers in front of him.
“Alright folks, I know none of you really talk to me, but I know you can communicate amongst yourselves. I need you to tell me who did this, okay? Someone did a bad thing and I need to know who it was, it’s for your own good, alright?”

The babies couldn’t believe it, who would’ve done this? Why did they have to turn on one of their own? They barely knew each other! Unfortunately, the look on James’ face meant they all knew they had no choice. Right or wrong, someone was taking the blame. They looked at each other and began sorting through what they’d seen during play time...

It is now PLAY TIME 1
Play time will tuesday night at 11:59 pm EST, or "whenever I wake up for work wednesday morning"

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

gently caress you all and die

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Illegallysober.

IS.

Also: Islamic State.

##vote illegallysober

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Some cowards will suggest that his initials being the same are a mare coincidence, but over the course of the day I will contend that this is not possible. IS is alligned with the ants

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whatup who wants to play some normal rear end mafia?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s late here and I’m going to bed, but this is for that disturbing bird picture, that thing haunts my nightmares

##Vote Tommu

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Scientastic posted:

It’s late here and I’m going to bed, but this is for that disturbing bird picture, that thing haunts my nightmares

##Vote Tommu

A weak baby vote. Turn around and face the bird.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ok so basically im baby

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): dmboogie, IllegallySober, Roydrowsy, sandnavyguy, Scientastic, Somberbrero, Spokes, textbookOrigins, Tommu

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I am excited for some normal rear end-mafia.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

New day a new mafia!

I voted you before I’ll try it again now that we’re reincarnated toddlers of justice.

##vote Scientastic

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

New day a new mafia!

I voted you before I’ll try it again now that we’re reincarnated toddlers of justice.

##vote Scientastic

That reasoning is softer than my fontanelle!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Tommu posted:

Some cowards will suggest that his initials being the same are a mare coincidence, but over the course of the day I will contend that this is not possible. IS is alligned with the ants

dmboogie shares his initials with Dave Matthews Band--an even stronger force of evil. Truly infallible logic

##vote dmboogie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spokes posted:

dmboogie shares his initials with Dave Matthews Band--an even stronger force of evil. Truly infallible logic

##vote dmboogie

bastard i voted you out once ill do it again

##vote spokes