Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

discovering how easy it is to make pizza at home is probably the best part of this quarantine poo poo for me come to think of it

I love making pizza at home, especially since I can follow the recipe my mom always used to make when growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

speaking of pizza full contactless delivery pizza is on the menu today for us. basically the only thing we get delivered, rarely, because people are too casual even for take away from a restaurant right now

Schadenboner posted:

Lou Malnati's slings a p.deece Chicago pizza WHICH IS A TOTALLY VALID FORM OF PIZZA, GO gently caress YOURSELF.*

*: Truly, the most Chicago of all possible pizzas.

they do a nice pie and they ship them uncooked on dry ice for home fresh

also you get to mess around with dry ice which is fun

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

this has more in common with a pot-pie than a pizza

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

AMA

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

breaded sausage casserole aka deep dish is a nice thing to eat like once a year or so

one of my friends and I have a deal where we buy the other person deep dish every time one of us gets a new job

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

when i was 13 or 14 my uncle got me friggin omaha steaks for my birthday for some reason

the dry ice was the best part of that gift

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

when i was 13 or 14 my uncle got me friggin omaha steaks for my birthday for some reason

lol, that is totally a childless adult thing to do

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

The Fool posted:

lol, that is totally a childless adult thing to do

oh no he had two kids of his own

and is currently on marriage number 3. 4? whatever, this one seems like it's gonna stick, at least.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

this has more in common with a pot-pie than a pizza

trip report: it was fine, would never order this for myself

missed out on the dry ice

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what kind of loving stack does your company have that editing a single file would save eight figgies a year in what the gently caress?

radium woke up in a cold sweat and doesn’t know why

a single line of code cost my company 30M one year lol

(not mine)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
to clarify it meant we had to take a 30M adjustment. we didn't lose the money we just never had it. still, huge fuckup.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cold on a Cob posted:

to clarify it meant we had to take a 30M adjustment. we didn't lose the money we just never had it. still, huge fuckup.

don’t sign your posts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

did you ever have a fun freeze reaction? i havent messed with dry ice much and always wonder what less common stuff to try when I have some

i will readily admit i was not prepared for dry ice with a pizza so my two takeaways were 1, it makes an uncomfortable squeal when picked up with metal tongs which was kinda funny, and 2, it zipped all over in a glass of liquid i put it in which was entertaining

SO DEMANDING posted:

dang thats a strange age for steaks but dry ice woulda been a ton of fun then

SO DEMANDING posted:

oh no he had two kids of his own

and is currently on marriage number 3. 4? whatever, this one seems like it's gonna stick, at least.

oh same for my uncle! third time is the charm for him. we like her so much that if they get divorced i think the family would try to keep her

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

don’t sign your posts

i will never stop signing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Soiled Meat

Skim Milk posted:

what about the software developers?

at least software developers produce something. hr people produce nothing and are the epitome of bureaucratic nonsense

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector posted:

did you ever have a fun freeze reaction? i havent messed with dry ice much and always wonder what less common stuff to try when I have some

dry ice + rubbing alcohol (or acetone)

plz be careful, we used to use that in materials lab to shatter metal

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 10, 2020

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SO DEMANDING posted:

friggin omaha steaks

reminder that their shipping depot is located at john galt blvd

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“ruth’s chris” will never not make me angry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
there’s a restaurant here called “jack’s cekola’s pizza” and i’m literally shaking

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

i went to one in hong kong

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

was sean hannity there?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk. i didnt see him. should i have looked?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SO DEMANDING posted:

This is even more boomer than a MAD Magazine subscription.

MAD Magazine may literally be the only thing of value that lovely generation shat, although (like all things it claims to have created) it didn't make it: just kept the engine turning over while other, better generations created the value the Boomers pillaged and ruined as soon as they had the ability (while taking credit).

gently caress boomers, but MAD was v.deece.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

blame new orleans for the illiteracy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my grandfather sends my parents omaha steaks every year (which is now funnier since they live three blocks apart). they are never good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i was gifted them a couple times i thought it was fine idk

anyway

https://twitter.com/edburmila/status/1281370621390262273

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
that uh, famous turn-key operations of higher education

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

graph posted:

i was gifted them a couple times i thought it was fine idk

anyway

https://twitter.com/edburmila/status/1281370621390262273

Seems like it was an environmentally-focused school (I guess like College of the Atlantic?).

:(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

graph posted:

that uh, famous turn-key operations of higher education

lol

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

Seems like it was an environmentally-focused school (I guess like College of the Atlantic?).

:(

yeah we're generally doing well here, but several of our colleges have been at risk already, and may end up shut down. right now they're arguing over pay cuts and furloughs in the state colleges, it's sad. not sure what's going on elsewhere in the states but it's probably more of the same

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
president babby was screaming about eliminating their tax exempt status this morning lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1281616590060965888

not that it'll happen or anything ofc

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

we must educate our children with religion, and not indoctrinate them with education

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Isn't weird/idiomatic capitalization a symptom of some mental health thing?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Schadenboner posted:

Isn't weird/idiomatic capitalization a symptom of some mental health thing?

yeah its called being dumber than dogshit

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Roosevelt posted:

yeah its called being dumber than dogshit

No, it's like a thing that people with schizotype disorders do or something?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Schadenboner posted:

No, it's like a thing that people with schizotype disorders do or something?

not all german people are insane

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I know a couple of Professors, who write Emails, "exactly" like TRUMP! And, I think this so-called Style of Writing, is "definitely" an Indicator, Marker and Tell-Tale of something deeply wrong in their Brains!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i think its partially an old people thing and also partially because hes dumb as gently caress

like, when people write like that i feel like part of it is that they aren't comfortable enough communicating thru typing and thats Why This Happens! and also....they type stuff..... like this.... i guess....

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

trump allegedly reads papers and then tears them into bits which btw is a symptom of dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he's very obviously been demented since before he took office