Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The cross-section of pro-Hong Kong and Blue Lives Matter is like one guy, and I get what he’s saying about censorship, but to put those movements in the same breath is impossible because you can’t talk and breathe with your mouth at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Should've just asked Joe Dumars to send the email for him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Maestro posted:

The cross-section of pro-Hong Kong and Blue Lives Matter is like one guy, and I get what he’s saying about censorship, but to put those movements in the same breath is impossible because you can’t talk and breathe with your mouth at the same time

There's a bunch of conservative pro-HK but mostly because it's anti CPC. And they don't actually care that much either way (which is the default position of, like, most people in the US).

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I watched Embiid trying to squeeze in a hazmat suit, now you have to:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The small bags of rold golds are jsut the most insulting part

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anyone saying the food looks fine seems to forget that these are huge professional athletes and a portion of food I'd order for myself isn't going to cut it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

posting is sport, me and lebron are the same

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

xbilkis posted:

Why would you possibly give the benefit of the doubt to a Republican senator who is very obviously using a bad-faith argument to air his actual grievances, which are with the NBA making even token efforts to say Black Lives Matter and be critical of the police
There's no benefit of doubt involved; they're both masterclass shitheads. It's a bad faith argument, but it's one Hawley can deploy to highlight hypocrisy and that's ammo and Twitter chuds will eat it up like candy, especially when Hawley can screenshot an email and put that in a Tweet.

I was waiting for some Right wing politician to use that bait, but I thought it would be Cruz or Rick Scott.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's a multi-millionaire who wants people to STFU about genocide so he can keep making millions.

Woj can gently caress right off.

What is wrong with you

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Algund Eenboom posted:

What is wrong with you

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There's no benefit of doubt involved; they're both masterclass shitheads. It's a bad faith argument, but it's one Hawley can deploy to highlight hypocrisy and that's ammo and Twitter chuds will eat it up like candy, especially when Hawley can screenshot an email and put that in a Tweet.

I was waiting for some Right wing politician to use that bait, but I thought it would be Cruz or Rick Scott.

He's, obviously, not wrong for supporting BLM and Hawley's, obviously, not right for being against it.

TFPIT Woj is an loving idiot for walking into blatantly obvious trap in manner that would make Wiley Coyote look thoughtful and careful.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Incoming :allears:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol he just said gently caress you, man

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

bornbytheriver posted:

I watched Embiid trying to squeeze in a hazmat suit, now you have to:

Did he get that from the Michael Myers store?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife/status/1281665404759191552

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress josh hawley

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's a multi-millionaire who wants people to STFU about genocide so he can keep making millions.

Woj can gently caress right off.

:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/1281678370233659395

Everytime this comes up I cant believe Haslem is in the league, but thats probably because he has only played a total of 40 games over the last 4 seasons

I dont get why they haven't just made him a coach yet

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This is a silly argument as chuds will see hypocrisy wherever they. Need and in the end no one actually cares about hypocrisy unless they already disagree with them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why is it always a phili fan

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

alright i'll get it out of the way: there is no ethical basketball under capitalism

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is a silly argument as chuds will see hypocrisy wherever they. Need and in the end no one actually cares about hypocrisy unless they already disagree with them

AOC has the right idea. Mock them and never attempt to engage them in a good faith argument

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Why would you possibly give the benefit of the doubt to a Republican senator who is very obviously using a bad-faith argument to air his actual grievances, which are with the NBA making even token efforts to say Black Lives Matter and be critical of the police
It's less about giving Josh Hawley the benefit of the doubt and more about Woj being a loving eejit because he fell head-first into the most obvious trap of all time.

The whole point of a politician like him making noise about China isn't because he's actually angry about the human rights abuses there, but because he was just waiting for someone with any importance to send him a message like that. What China is doing to Hong Kong, the Uighurs, and its citizens is disgusting, but I think most of us know that Hawley wouldn't give a poo poo if the Chinese government had a positive economic relationship with the United States.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair WOJ isn’t exactly important

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad someone said gently caress you

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Trying to tie basketball players' own personal issues with this nebulous sin by inaction over china is awful too. I wonder why the players give less of a poo poo about china than pigs abusing power

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, as far as I'm aware, NBA is still banned in China

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
struggling to see how the correct response to an obvious bad faith argument by a racist shithead is anything but "gently caress you"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

shame on espn for making him apologize imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I was going to vote Democrat but then I saw that the NBA scoops master genrral Adrian Wojnoroski was a hypocrite on human rights abuses in China and said no sir, this is a bridge too far.

To me the people who would see this "trap" as some sort of win for their side are already irredeemable.

BWV fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 10, 2020

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
emailing a senator gently caress you is really cool

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

it honestly might be the coolest thing woj has ever done

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

It's less about giving Josh Hawley the benefit of the doubt and more about Woj being a loving eejit because he fell head-first into the most obvious trap of all time.

The whole point of a politician like him making noise about China isn't because he's actually angry about the human rights abuses there, but because he was just waiting for someone with any importance to send him a message like that. What China is doing to Hong Kong, the Uighurs, and its citizens is disgusting, but I think most of us know that Hawley wouldn't give a poo poo if the Chinese government had a positive economic relationship with the United States.

What the US is doing to Puerto Rico, Native Americans, Black and Brown people is disgusting.

Secretly they are high fiving at the ESPN head quarters about that F-bomb. No one gives a gently caress about a white prep school senator in this day and age.

But more importantly, gently caress capitalism, nationalize ESPN.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV posted:

I was going to vote Democrat but then I saw that the NBA scoops master genrral Adrian Wojnoroski was a hypocrite on human rights abuses in China and said no sir, this is a bridge too far.

To me the people who would see this "trap" as some sort of win for their side are already irredeemable.

It's not about changing votes, it's about stirring up your supporters for money, appearances, or sometimes even direct counter-action. It's worked like a charm during any sort of gun control conversation, and even recently with the Armed Michigan group that stormed the capital. "Blue Lives Matter" is just another buzzer to keep that hatred fueled.

NBA is an easy target for this stuff.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its good when racists come out of the wood works to support their fellow racists so we have the receipts when we look back in 2030

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

got some chores tonight posted:

it honestly might be the coolest thing woj has ever done

Spot on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I love Robin

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Hot Diggity! posted:

I love Robin

Did he bring those little trophies? Or were they already in the room?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

It's not about changing votes, it's about stirring up your supporters for money, appearances, or sometimes even direct counter-action. It's worked like a charm during any sort of gun control conversation, and even recently with the Armed Michigan group that stormed the capital. "Blue Lives Matter" is just another buzzer to keep that hatred fueled.

NBA is an easy target for this stuff.

That makes sense but is Woj's "gently caress you " really bulletin board material? I guess I feel like even in the absence of real fuel they just invent it anyway so why should Woj miss out on telling a senator to gently caress off

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone in this thread think the bubble plan will work? I don't see how they get to October (let alone August) without the bubble being compromised.

I believe the bubble will work. I just had a vision that aliens will land in a spacecraft and deliver 7,800,000,000 vaccine shots to cure us all.

Not many are even talking about the logistical (and economic) nightmare it'll be to roll out a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine to the entire planet (if a vaccine is even discovered). And its level of efficacy remains to be seen.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This restart is going to be such a drag and the ‘champion’ that is crowned will forever hold the most hollow victory.

What should have happened is this season should have been scrapped, and combined with next season. Let the draft play out. Let trades still occur. One mega season to rule them all. The victors forged in fire, with team mates lost and new ones found.

They could sell the hell out of something like that.

Two rings. Dual championships.

Maybe cancel next season too and have a three ring championship in 2022. LBJ gets hits threepeat.

That's why he's not a GOAT coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Did he bring those little trophies? Or were they already in the room?

He won them playing games on the fairway earlier that day