Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
OK, we've all got one. A list of "must-own" cars, cars which we lust after and fully intend to own one day.

This isn't a thread for the unobtainable hypercars which we dream of owning but know we never will. This is for the kick-rear end, hardcore, bland and mundane, or otherwise ridiculous vehicles which we've always wanted for some reason.

They can be cars you've already owned but have now let go, cars you still own (and never want to get rid of!), and cars which you're drat well gonna buy in the future. Here's mine:

Toyota Soarer V8 (UZZ32)

(One of mine)

Many of you know me as "the UZZ32 guy". I got into Soarers right when I got into cars. It's a car that combines two things that I love - Absurd 90's Japanese-market cars, and V8's. The Soarer is the only Japanese coupe from the 90's to have the option for the V8.

I never thought much about the UZZ32 until I was in a position to purchase a car. The obscene amount of tech which was crammed into a (sizable) car is quite staggering. Make no mistake, even though this shares a chassis with the Lexus SC, this thing is a totally different beast. There's no car on the planet which drives like a UZZ32.

I've owned 5 since then, I still have my "first" car (1991, pictured - now in much worse condition) as well as a "late" model (1992, within the last 100 built). I've made a promise to myself that I'll never buy another Soarer, unless it's either a 1999-2000 model JZ-based model, or a 1994 facelifted UZZ32 (just the last 30 or so cars)

Chevrolet Corvette C6

(Mine, towards the end of it's rebuild)

I remember reading Top Gear magazine back in 2005 or maybe 2004 or whenever there was press about this car. At the time, I was still in school, had recently passed my driving test, and was driving a 1.5L Mazda 323f (cool car at the time, not for this list though!). I was blown away by the fact that this car had a 6 litre engine, and you could even get a model with 7 litres. To me, this was obviously the greatest car to have ever existed. I always wanted a 2008+ with the LS3 and the exhaust flaps, automatic, 3LT trim, and a nice bright colour that screams "look at me, I'm a bell-end in a loud plastic American car!".

Fast forward to 2019, and I purchased a failed C6 rebuild project from someone who had imported a car two years prior before realising that not having a garage or any tools was a hindrance to his project. The car in question is a 2007, LS2, manual, LT1, Z51, in black, so it's the exact opposite of what I wanted. But hell, it was CHEAP! Excluding the cost of parts which came with the car (for the rebuild), I snagged this car for less than £3000. £15k, and a round trip to Summit Racing in Dallas, later and it's back on the road, with uprated or aftermarket parts wherever I fancied, a custom controller for the outside lights (Seriously WTF GM), and a freshly built engine. It's fuken insane, it terrifies me whenever I drive it. The UK can't handle it. I love it.

Chevrolet Camaro (3rd Gen)

(Random car from GIS)

Remember when Jeremy Clarkson put a cow on the roof of one of these? For that whole episode, I fell in love with how terrible that car is, how, to me, it kinda sums up everything wrong with GM in the 80's, even down to the crappy fuel injected engine. I love the way it looks, I think it's aged very well, and it's high on the list of "obtainable muscle cars" for me. There are loads of muscle cars which I'd love to own, the usual list includes the '69 Camaro, the original fastback Mustang, the '70 Challenger, pretty much anything with a Plymouth badge. But none of them are really obtainable these days.

I want a 3rd Gen car, to scratch that muscle car itch. I wanna tear out the 305 and throw in a 350 with a big ol' carb, a spritely cam, and some fancy headers. I want to find one that looks rough as gently caress, and keep it looking rough as gently caress. And I want rear window louvers.

I've come 99% close to buying one on a few occasions. The prices keep going up. I need to pull the trigger on one soon

1990 Honda CRX

(Random car from GIS)

Just look at it! It looks cool as gently caress, it's tiny, it probably handles and drives like a dream. It's a little Honda nugget from the early 90's.

I'd have big dreams, of putting a much larger Honda motor in it, of giving it the turbo we all know it really wants, or even doing something insane like swapping a complete Leaf drivetrain in. I've been looking recently for cheap, non-running CRX's, and wrecked Leafs. Turns out, it's the rust that kills these cars, not the mechanicals. One day, it'l be mine.

For now, I DD a 2010 CR-Z which is just a Jazz/Fit with no rear seats or trunk space. So basically a worse version of Honda's compact economy car. It's kinda cool, quirky, and I don't dislike it. It's not a CRX replacement.

I've got a load of honourable mentions - cars which come close, but won't make it on the list:
  • RX7 FD - "But you own one of these!!" - I love the look of this car. It's a beautiful machine. I imagine they drive so drat well with the rotary engine. But the issue for me is that engine. It's not for me. I always said that if I owned a FD, I'd do something radical in the engine bay. When I bought a rolling chassis in 2016, my plan was to LS swap it. Done to death in the US, but not so much in the UK. But to me, a FD with a LS is just a C5 Corvette. And I already have a Vette. So I put a homemade EV conversion in it instead. Without that magical engine, the soul of the FD just isn't there. So the "full package" FD isn't for me.
  • Datsun 240Z - Look cool as gently caress. Love them. Lowered with a big front lip, those lovely rivet-on wide arches, and, of course, rear window louvers. I'm never going to be able to justify the cost of buying a RHD model of this car, and then the cost of bringing it up to modern spec.
  • Toyota Celica RA28 - the "baby Mustang". I like Mustangs. I like Toyotas. I like keeping engine swaps in the family. I like Toyota UZ-series motors. You see where this is going. Or not going. I almost spent 3 grand on a totally rotted out piece of crap RA28, this was 5 years ago. I haven't seen a "project" one for sale since. About 10 years ago, one sold, local to me, on eBay, for 1k with no substantial rust. A huge automotive purchasing mistake was made when I decided not to bid on that car.

What are your "bucket list" cars? That you own, have owned, or drat-well will own at some point in your life, even if it kills you.

And please, feel free to tell me how terrible my car choices are, and how all I need is an *insert car male/model here (E92)* to fill that void in my automotive life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
I absolutely must have/make an early 90s Mercedes estate in champagne brown, on bags, with a modern V8 or electric swapped in.

A modern stealth Hammer touring, basically.

Soon. When I have a garage.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
AW11, Honda Beat, Altezza/IS300, Fulvia, SA RX-7, i also am very dumb and want to own a Maserati Quattroporte with the NA V8.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sure alright, I'll play along.

Had to have a Yugo.

Check. Busted 100mph a couple times in between it making GBS threads pumps of various sorts and generally just loving breaking all the time.

Love me some AW11.

iirc, red top swap going on in this picture.
Check.

On the topic of Flip lights? Love some mk3 supras. Had 3.

The one I don't have a pic of was a Turbo Automatic that I had a little while and flipped. The two pictured are long dead now.
The red one had a dying automatic so reverse didn't work. Valve seals were shot so it burned oil. The black one got a lot of parts from the red one after it was vandalized. It was a tin top NA-5speed. It was the best of the three. I sold the black one like an idiot and some boi racer put it rear end first into a K-rail totaling it.

Did I mention flip lights rule?
Porsche 924

Check.

Oh yeah Hondas do this too.

A series, EFI with the million vacuum lines. Si-5 speed. This car owned. I traded the turbo-auto supra for it. I love the A-series hondas. They're such good fuckin engines. Doing a clutch on one is miserable as all hell though.

B series, EFI, SI 5 speed. Shat an ac compressor on week loving one. So i traded it for a Lincoln.

Speaking of Lincoln. I like big cars.
I really like big cars.
90' Jag xj6. XJ40 platform. Was alright. Awesome mile muncher.

The afore mentioned LSC MKVII. Stupid thing had loud exhausts, cam, heads, headers, 3" exhaust that terminated under the front seats. Working air suspension.

My ex got a buncha tickets in this thing and the roomates loving hated how loud it was when i headed to work at 530am so I sold it.

This 454 powered behemoth. Same thing, heads, cam, intake, headers, the works. all when gas was $5 a gallon in CA. It got stolen. Jokes on them, it barely had any fuel in it. (the mk7 was my fuel saver)

I never found out what happened to it, and of course the cops never found it.
Had this sane-er 350 powered 4wd one that I sold and got sent to northern Europe.

This 5.0 Brougham Superior hearse. God drat it was so slow. It was such an awesome car. One of the few I should have never sold.

Then the small car craze.

58' oval window baja. I still look for this car on craigslist 11-12 years later.

It was a low point in my life and it became an unreliable bag of poo poo so it was turned into the jag above.

Had this 68' swing axle wonder. It never ran all that great, or for long. Traded it for my first festiva, found it 3 weeks later in the junkyard. Boy was I pissed. I would have bought the shell back.

Speaking of festivas.

I really had a thing for these loving shitboxes. Nah, I'm no juggalo. My shop's employee was, and I bought that one off him in a bind, then we BP swapped it, lowered it, and threw 13 or 14s on it. It'd run a solid 14 quarter all day everyday, in a 1400lb crapcan. I eventually got mad about breaking my phone one day going to the shop, and slammed second hard dumping the clutch at the same time, shattering the trans all over the road. He bought it back and put the engine into the white one, that he also bought.

Then came the benzes. I love the 201/124s.
I put a E class engine/trans into this one.

It was a wonderful sleeper. All the creature comforts worked, it looked like it was a factory build. Would even smog in Atlanta.
I did a stupid and traded it for a rover. More on that soon.

The p38 you all know and don't love did what rovers do, and I had to be in california starting from Birmingham, Al in less than a week.
I drove to Atlanta and bought this 320TE not running for $900.

it's a 93 model so the wiring harness was obviously hosed, right? Nah, that was brand new from MB. The ETA (the drive by wire throttle body) however, wasn't. It was completely shorting out. So I rebuilt it on a friends dining room table using some piece of poo poo soldering iron. That with 2 coils and a cam sensor later, it ran. It actually loving ran. But it had no reverse.
3 days later, it was in LosAngeles. It made the trip back to the south, and popped the HG in Arkansas. I drove it anyway babying it. Slipped a new HG in at the shop, and it was all good. I sold it to a customer before leaving the south. He had that car for a long rear end time before it wound up in storage somewhere. It was one of the better cars i've owned.

this motherfucker though

It was a project cause the D1 is a turd. I fixed it all up, 500E brakes, E-codes, R152 a/c, the works (i like big brakes). It shat the crank seal mid move almost setting the car on fire. Nbd, i'll pull the pulley and fix it.
Crank snout is trashed. Oh gently caress this thing. Welded the pulley and sold it for something like $1500 to the first buyer.I had literally spent more than that in brakes/tires/suspension less than a month prior. i was done

Rovers. Oh man Land loving Rovers.
Loved me some goddamn rovers. Had to have all of them that had real axles.

this 95' SE was the first one to sink its teeth into me.

My ex forced me to sell it, then I traded the ex in. It was only fair.

Then came this 89. Its literally the foundation of the business starting in Birmingham

Local shop couldnt fix it. dude had two, so I bought one and helped him with the other. Got it to stop overheating (for a while) and used it as the shop mule.
I put 10,000lb behind this piece of poo poo. Lifted it, good tires, fixed all the suspension/running issues and bam. Popped the head. gently caress it. dropped a 4.2 in and it was good again. It was traded for the first hearse.

The nice 190E was traded for this rusty pile of crap 1996 SD 5 speed disco.

I put a mountain of effort into this fucker. Brake lines, fuel lines, evap lines, wheel bearings, joints, all the rust belt problems. even had to pull the ECU apart and rebuild part of it due to the rust. I sold it off to a customer after it was pretty reliable for a rover.
He sold it back to me about 2 years alter after putting it in a creek up to the windows and blew the rearend to poo poo. I fixed it again. Threw the rack on it. Ran it till it drank more water than fuel, of which it got 8mpg cause the engine was so hosed. I cut it apart and scrapped it. At that point is when I realized the frame had massive holes and was getting ready to break right where the frame reinforcement is that sits under the transmission.

This one. This was the 89 V2. 92 model. Ultra reliable, though rusty. It was literally the best rover of all of them. And I tore it down. I fixed all the rust, PO poo poo, Reliability problems with the electrics. It was the face of the shop

I pulled the motor out and sold it to the customer that sold me the original 89. The body went to another customer where he didn't tie it down right and it rolled right off the trailer into the back of his D2 that I wound up with.
This one.

No love for it. Returned it to stock and flipped it.

Then came the P38s.

This one was a shop beater cause I didn't trust the platform. It was wrapped around a telephone pole coming out of a blind corner with a car in my lane. Took the ditch, hit the brakes, and nobody was home.
BMW/Rover used nylon mastercylinder pistons in the early ones, and they can crack. This one did. At the wrong time.

Back when.

Then came the second one. Started out as a $900 p38 with "a dead trans". Pulled the tow-me fuse and drove it off. It dropped 3 liners on the trip home. Yea whatever. Put a 4.0 in it, all the wheelin parts. It ate the 4.0 trying to go to CA.

So I built a 4.6. Blueprinted, cam, opened up heads with big valves, headers, ported intake, cut trumpets. Compression bumped from 9.35:1 to 11:1. It needed 93. I moved out west, and all there is 91. gently caress.
It got hit in Pasadena taking out a brand goddamned new Infiniti in the process. It died doing the world a favor.

Its parts lived on in this.

97, non AEL but OBDII. 5 speed. SE7, in Rioja red. Like, all my favorite things in a D1.

I found out the weekend this picture was taken, that the block didn't survive the accident in Pasadena. The wonderful engine, was hosed. I cobbled another 4.6 together, and it lost the HG Over some bullshit headbolts not holding torque. It left on a rollback with none of the nice parts on it. I was done.

After this huge list of unreliable and objectively awful shitheaps, Reliability was something I wanted. More than anything else in the universe. Something mundane, boring, and normal.
7.3 Diesel fits that bill.
So I found one.
I dragged this haggard dead old piece of poo poo out of a field then turbocharged after rebuilding it for a few years.

Kingpin 60 front, 7.3 with a turbo, 5 speed, and 37s without a lift. Of the nearly 60 cars, This fucker holds the title for the best. The white W124TE above towing the fzr is right behind it.

This doesn't even get into the buses and bikes.
I'm too colorblind for planes. Boats maybe...

What comes next?
J-truck/M715 would be nice.
Some kind of 4wd Econoline flatbed with a modern diesel hybrid power systems.
HEMTT Of course, Diesel electric hybrid modified.
M939 . Same thing here. Diesel electric hybrid too.
Volt/ELR with a lift and all terrains
Electric baja-bug using a Nissan leaf motor
Unattainable/unrealistic?
Prevost H60 These things are just crap and moneypits all around, but god drat they have presence. They're the bus of buses.
4AGZE-AW11. Gotta have one someday. Almost did once.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

AW11, Honda Beat, Altezza/IS300, Fulvia, SA RX-7, i also am very dumb and want to own a Maserati Quattroporte with the NA V8.

I confirm that AW11s are just as much fun as you think they are.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Oh I also want a Steyr Fiat Panda 4x4

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

cursedshitbox posted:

Sure alright, I'll play along.

loving hell. I knew you'd had a rover or two. I didn't realise you'd had *that many* and done all that with them. No wonder pouring all your experience into that Ford came out awesome :stonk:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I think that may be the longest post in AI history. Quite the collection, man!

Also I kinda want a Yugo now.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Good God drat CSB. That's absolutely impossible to top.

I always wanted a FoST. Been actively shopping them for at least two years. Last month the 6th gear synchro died in my Matrix XRS so I decided to find something and quick. I looked at several newer ones, and had a big dealership try to pull a bait-and-switch that I'm still dealing with via my state's dept of consumer affairs.

There was a red '13 that I passed on looking at cause it was older, kinda high miles, and a 4 owner car. Went and looked at it and it's the only one out of all of them that's completely stock and was ridiculously clean inside and out. Terrible dealer photos didn't show or mention in the ad that it was a ST3 or that they had put brand new Continental Y rated tires on it either.

The past month has been so much fun and I have zero regrets except that I should have bought one new in 2013.

Pictured - one of the best parts of a new-to-you vehicle. Giving it a thorough look over, and figuring out where to put your poo poo.

On my unfulfilled bucket list, I want something open-wheeled and overpowered. Ariel Atom with forced induction, Corvette cart, etc.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

meltie posted:

loving hell. I knew you'd had a rover or two. I didn't realise you'd had *that many* and done all that with them. No wonder pouring all your experience into that Ford came out awesome :stonk:

Uhh that wasn't all the rovers. Just the more notable ones. There were several that didn't pass the test or were parts wagons.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

I think that may be the longest post in AI history. Quite the collection, man!

Also I kinda want a Yugo now.

:D sorry!

(had all the photos lined up for the adjacent car game going on just in case)

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I've had pretty much all of my reasonable bucket-list cars at this point, but I still have a few:

- Esprit (ideally a 1993.5, I'm still kicking myself for not buying any of the several that were for sale a couple years ago for 20k or so)
- Dodge Spirit R/T
- Shitbox trio of Fiero, Allante, and Reatta
-Z34 Lumina 5-speed, or, runner up, a 1st or 2nd generation SHO
-Double-wishbone Civic or Integra
-SOMETHING with hydropneumatic suspension. So far, it seems like a Silver Shadow might be the least annoying path to this goal. I've come close a couple times, they're under 10k for a somewhat-OK one

Less reasonable but still somewhat attainable is an R5 Turbo. I drove near one on a highway once, going over a bridge, under another bridge, and it sounded incredible and looked like the business and I just loved the way it went over the road. I want the gently caress outta one of these.

cursedshitbox posted:

(had all the photos lined up for the adjacent car game going on just in case)

Fuckin' purple Buicks amirite?!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
As a dad, I got unreasonably excited about the RS6 announcement.

I had planned on upgrading to a hellcat at some point, but I'm finding myself still wanting a dumb powerful wagon. Probably not the next car, I need to stomach a 6 figure price for a car, but I think at some point this will be my choice for dad car.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I absolutely love impractical, hard-to-maintain cars, and naturally that means I want a BMW 850Ci. Not the top end models, the M70 is much less picky about boost and that thing needs an aftermarket twin turbo.

I've driven them a few times and the balance of the V12 makes it as smooth as can be, and it feels like a spaceship.

cursedshitbox posted:

The afore mentioned LSC MKVII. Stupid thing had loud exhausts, cam, heads, headers, 3" exhaust that terminated under the front seats. Working air suspension.

My ex got a buncha tickets in this thing and the roomates loving hated how loud it was when i headed to work at 530am so I sold it.
I miss mine. One of the big things about it is that it's the same High Output 5.0 as the Mustang GT and can take the same mods as the Mustang (like the iconic $5000 10 second mustang) and it has a really steep gear ratio in the differential, so it feels much faster than it has any right to be. The sensors for the air suspension have 3 settings, and moving them from the middle setting to the one that puts the suspension the lowest takes all of 5 minutes and drops the car until it's almost tucking the wheels and improves handling drastically at the cost of a minutely rougher ride. The resonance of the suspension in the low position also makes 25mph speed bumps almost imperceptible if you hit them at 27.

edit: funny enough, I think my Mark VII and the 850 pictured have the same BBS rims stock.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This is my "I won the lottery" list (aka cars that I think look loving awesome)

1955 Chevy
65-67 Pontiac GTO
67-69 Pontiac Firebird
65-72 Chevy Chevelle
67-72 Chevy Nova
68-71 Olds 442
69-72 Buick Skylark
68-70 Plymouth GTX
68-70 Plymouth Roadrunner
68-74 Plymouth Barracuda
68-71 Dodge Charger
67-70 Dodge Dart
66-70 Dodge Coronet
70-74 Dodge Challenger
Buick Grand National
Lancia Delta S4 Stradale
Ferrari 308 (I liked Magnum PI)

I really like Chrysler B Bodies.

Project Cars:
Factory Five Cobra
Subaru Brat STI - This would be the stupid fun idea to just take a Subaru Brat, keep it looking relatively stock, and swap in as much as possible from a modern WRX/STI to make it absurd. Since this is a lottery list, I would have retired from working and I'd go become a rally racer using this because it would be awesome.

I'd also (again, figuring I won the lottery) repurchase some of my old cars:
1986 Chevy Celebrity - I'd do something similar to that k-car muscle car with it.
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - I'd make this one stupid powerful too and use it as a daily driver.

I'd also keep my brz.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 15, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Q!=E

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
My (current) Bucket List. Boring? Maybe:

First Porsche Satisfied with a 981 Cayman S. Perfect, except for the fact that it was white, but I sold it because I moved in to the city and we ended up driving my wife's Macan more, which dealt with the bombed out streets of Philadelphia better. A month after I sold it, we bought a house in the 'burbs. :suicide:

987 Boxster Spyder Bought it 6 months after selling the Cayman. Found the one I wanted (Manual, carbon fiber bucket seats) in Toronto, so I got the bonus of having my first experience importing a car from Canada, which was actually extremely painless. Unfortunately, again, the car was white. The bigger problem was that I loved the idea of the Spyder, but I realized that I hate the idea of having people see me in a convertible. I also live in the north east, which has limited opportunities for perfect top-down driving weather.

Air-cooled 911: I've wanted an aircooled 911, perhaps in metallic blue over tan as in the July 1996 issue of Car and Driver. I'm flirting with the idea of getting something, but wonder how much of a PITA it would be to care for essentially a garage queen.

911 GT3: I drove one at Speed Vegas, and have ridden in a local one here. Just an insane amount of power all the way up to the redline, with the sound to match. Honestly, way too much car for the road, where I would spend 95% of my time.

Some sort of AMG/Muscle Car-y: I've toyed with the idea of getting an AMG GT as my next weekend car. They look incredible, and the engine makes an incredible sound. I also keep on looking at BMW E90s, ever since I test drove one. There's something about the power you get with V8s that you just don't get with Flat-6s.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 15, 2020

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Reatta. Baja Bug. Previa. 924. Bricknose F150. AMC Eagle. 240Z. Probably a lot more...

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Volvo 850 Turbo

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser with an engine swap slash rear engine conversion using a Merlin.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Residency Evil posted:

911 GT3: I drove one at Speed Vegas, and have ridden in a local one here. Just an insane amount of power all the way up to the redline, with the sound to match. Honestly, way too much car for the road, where I would spend 95% of my time.
Same, I dream about a GT3 of some sort. Either 996 for the relatively raw and analog feel, or a 991.2 for modern infotainment lol

Also a manual Ferrari 550/575M while they're still within reach

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

why do you want modern infotainment in a gt3

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

why do you want modern infotainment in a gt3

Because I have room for one "fun" car. If I'm going to spend one hundred thousand dollars on it, it better be able to at least get me to the fun roads/track/etc as well as a Kia can.

:shrug:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Residency Evil posted:

Because I have room for one "fun" car. If I'm going to spend one hundred thousand dollars on it, it better be able to at least get me to the fun roads/track/etc as well as a Kia can.

+1

Lots of people say they want a raw race car, but honestly I just want a grand tourer. Race cars are fun as a toy but not to live with. Low NVH is undervalued in my opinion.

The BMW 850 is on my list, as are a handful of the 911 and Cayman flavors. Stretch goal is a Lamborghini aventador as lambo makes a proper poster car. There's a good number on my list, I've got to do an effort post with pics.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
AC, good infotainment, and other creature comforts are all things that don't detract too much from the driving experience of a car that is already plenty sharp. At the end of the day, the GT3 is already a compromise, as is really any car that isn't an open-wheel racer :shrug:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I need more garage space, it is basically the only thing holding me back from buying something else.

Track Car Upgrade from S2000: S1 Super Miata or C5 Z06 with Spec Corvette package, everything quicker is too expensive to run.

996 GT3 would be cool as a fun street car but it seems like the prices are headed up to orbit right now, so I am not sure if it'll happen without me spending more than I am comfortable with on a car. I'd also kill for an Evolution 9 Wagon in the US, but we are still 10 years out on that and there were only like 3000 of them produced.

e: Also, a NA2 NSX.
e2: Also, buying something in Japan, driving it around for a couple of weeks, and dropping it off to a port to ship back to the US.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 15, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

cell phone mount

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

cell phone mount

Yeah I've done this. Still feels dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010