Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bull3964 posted:

They must have realized they used Principle Lewis too much and need something else for Kevin Michael Richardson to do.
I would prefer more Lewis and Patrick Stewart to them putting Billy and Tuttle in things more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

twistedmentat posted:

I always liked "they love hot pecrorals and good old fashioned Christian morals"

It's "Jeff and Paul like hot pectorals." Have you even met Hot Andrew?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would prefer more Lewis and Patrick Stewart to them putting Billy and Tuttle in things more

Stewart is most likely an availability thing since he's kind of busy with other stuff.

Also, speaking of Dr Kalgary and Billy I absolutely love the way that Alan Tudyk says "BILLY."

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yeah, the "Black" voices have always been pretty cringeworthy. I did laugh at Roger's "white people act like this" joke in the Southwest episode, and also the one where Francine says...something in that stereotypical voice, and Roger smacks her & reminds her that she's white.

bull3964 posted:

They must have realized they used Principle Lewis too much and need something else for Kevin Michael Richardson to do.

Wait...what? :psypop:

Tyler Whitney posted:

Billy is the past couple season's Reginald

But Billy isn't 🎵cute as a BUTT-on!🎵

Nep-Nep posted:

When it comes to side characters that could have been overused but they didn't, I think they have so far used just the right amount of Stelio Kontos.

I'm tempted to put Snot's mom into this category too, but she's teetering on the edge.

twistedmentat posted:

I always liked "they love hot pecrorals and good old fashioned Christian morals"

I'm partial to "we like each other's butts, and big old spending cuts".

edit:

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

It's "Jeff and Paul like hot pectorals." Have you even met Hot Andrew?

Eva Longoria is a client AND a close personal friend. :smug:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Zero One posted:

No way later seasons Steve would know "Earned Run Average".

you sure? we could go take in a Nationals game, just a bus ride away

edt. baseball is the nerdiest of the major sports, so many statistics

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sharing a voice actor must be why Billy gets premonitions about Principal Lewis

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wait...what? :psypop:

This was also a character KMR voiced on another Seth show. Dude's got range.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I strongly recommend taking a look through Kevin Michael Richardson's Imbd page: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724656/

That dude is majorly talented, one of those voice actors you could hear as dozens of different characters and never know it was the same guy.

Case in point: I had no idea he was Rosie on F is for family! Also apparently Mr. Dinkles in Trolls world Tour.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 10, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He’s the person I always put down when the UK Transformers convention, TFNation, asks who they should get as a guest.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I strongly recommend taking a look through Kevin Michael Richardson's Imbd page: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724656/

That dude is majorly talented, one of those voice actors you could hear as dozens of different characters and never know it was the same guy.

Case in point: I had no idea he was Rosie on F is for family! Also apparently Mr. Dinkles in Trolls world Tour.

First thing I notice is he did Goro's voice in the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Neat.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Davros1 posted:

This was also a character KMR voiced on another Seth show. Dude's got range.

Yeah, I knew about Lester. KMR is super talented & underrated. He & Seth MacFarlane are both versatile as hell.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

twistedmentat posted:

it's such a lame, easy, joke but the deep baritone 'we like to pack fudge and heat' where he just has a briefcase full of fudge makes me laugh every time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a gay dad joke

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah, the "Black" voices have always been pretty cringeworthy. I did laugh at Roger's "white people act like this" joke in the Southwest episode, and also the one where Francine says...something in that stereotypical voice, and Roger smacks her & reminds her that she's white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNa9IzWh3A

Francine is just amazing.

They tried this kind of thing with Lois for awhile, but Family guy seemingly just has to be...extremely bland? Early Lois was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-9Dy1kTnk

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 11, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNa9IzWh3A

Francine is just amazing.

They tried this kind of thing with Lois for awhile, but Family guy seemingly just has to be...extremely bland? Early Lois was great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-9Dy1kTnk

"Scientists mystified by paper rain", man I miss the days when Family Guy was basically just a Cartoon Network show but with more cursing, violence, and just a touch of T&A rather than what it is now, American Dad also departed from that direction pretty early on, but it handled it much more gracefully

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God it looked so much better too

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sexpig by night posted:

it's such a lame, easy, joke but the deep baritone 'we like to pack fudge and heat' where he just has a briefcase full of fudge makes me laugh every time

Yea, its delivered in such a way it says "yea we know this is an easy joke, but we're gonna do it too"

Man the whole thing is just great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVwgvwCMlA

I like hot George Washington on the penny. Pretty sure the current GOP wouldn't have gays in it at all unless you are a super duper bootlicker like Scott Pressman or a Peter Thiel level evil billionaire. Even then you're only as welcome as you are useful.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

drrockso20 posted:

"Scientists mystified by paper rain", man I miss the days when Family Guy was basically just a Cartoon Network show but with more cursing, violence, and just a touch of T&A rather than what it is now, American Dad also departed from that direction pretty early on, but it handled it much more gracefully

One of the things I like about American Dad in particular is I don't think there's ever been a really serious episode. Like there's that episode where Stan blows up and tells the family exactly what he finds wrong with them and instead of a big dramatic speech we don't get to hear what he actually says and he makes a lot of out there gestures and we just have to use our imaginations as to what it's all about.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

American Dad has had a serious episode, its "The American Dad After School Special".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Men ll Boyz
Season 15, Episode 14
Klaus enlists Stan, Roger and Jeff to join him on a wild bachelor party weekend

The return of Klaus’s bros from Tampa?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm tempted to put Snot's mom into this category too, but she's teetering on the edge.

My favourite Snot’s mom bit

https://youtu.be/QFt958dcAwY

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Francine has got to be the greatest animated sitcom wife. She's just so weird.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stan really outkicked his coverage with her

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

Stan really outkicked his coverage with her

Never underestimate the romantic power of mercy killing a raccoon

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mordja posted:

Francine has got to be the greatest animated sitcom wife. She's just so weird.

i feel like Marge Simpson is kind of the well from which all weird animated sitcom wives spring from, so she automatically takes that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol no.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, they’re nothing alike character-wise. Lois Griffin has more in common with Marge.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i feel like Marge Simpson is kind of the well from which all weird animated sitcom wives spring from, so she automatically takes that

I feel like this is as good an opportunity as any to recommend Marge Quest: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921781

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, they’re nothing alike character-wise. Lois Griffin has more in common with Marge.

Yeah, Dexy's Midnight Runners never would have written a song about Marge, especially after Homer beat them at the grammys.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Trying to remember everyone's posting history to suss out which of you don't "get" Marge

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Daikloktos posted:

Trying to remember everyone's posting history to suss out which of you don't "get" Marge

You don't need friends, homer. I haven't had a friend in years!

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You don't need friends, homer. I haven't had a friend in years!

She had the Cherry (cheery?) Red Tomatoes!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ruth Powers was a great friend for Marge. Also, Waylon Smithers.

Someone please fund my Simpsons spinoff show where Marge, Ruth, and Smithers fight crime.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Daikloktos posted:

I just think she's neat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To be fair, I’ve not watched the Simpsons in decades, so I’ve no clue if they’ve shaken up her character or not.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I feel like this is as good an opportunity as any to recommend Marge Quest: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921781

oh sweet! my thread! it's relevant because Francine and Roger are side characters that run an egg sidequest and a house decoration/upgrade sidequest.

I think an animated tv mom tier list is in order

Francine: SS
Marge (golden years): S
Lois: A
Peggy Hill: A
The mom from that kids show "The Weekenders": B+
Marge (post season 12): B
Didi Pickles: C

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Where does Linda from Bob's Burgers fall?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
First of all, screw me for forgetting her because she's an S.

John Roberts is a funny, funny man. Yes Linda is voiced by a member of the supreme court!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's not really far in yet, but I like the mom from Central Park.

Also, if the question is animated TV show mom rather than wife, Della Duck is quite far up there.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's not really far in yet, but I like the mom from Central Park.

Also, if the question is animated TV show mom rather than wife, Della Duck is quite far up there.

I just watched the 2 seasons on disney+ and I love how terrible she is at being a mom.