Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

System Shock: Remastered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

psiox posted:

hell yeah. doom 3 is still one of the best VR experiences imo

*tsk* I keep meaning to look at this but I only have regular DOOM3 (twice now), not the BFG edition you need for the VR mods

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1377965478

next time a sale rolls around I'll check if its available for a pittance.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

oh dang, I've only used the 'Fully Possessed' stuff and not the fancy new textures- it's pretty enough with the stock stuff!

i'm also in that weird minority that thinks doom 3 was a Really Good Doom Game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1281286243372810242

a 'yikes' so low its only a speaker-vibrating burr

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

looking forward to some heated gay moments

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jamers are the most-persecuted minority and i can't believe twitch would just shove them into one big ol' initialization like that

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the responses to this tweet

phew

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

the responses to this tweet

phew

https://twitter.com/Kazel_93/status/1281290048584003584

is this actually bad? i was told in first year of university, when i first learned the acronym, that that's what A stands for :confused:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've played mario once and now i'm gay (raises pride flag)

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

so far Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise © 2020, or as the game intro calls it, "Dead2y Premonition", sequel to the Guiness Book of World Records record holding game "Deadly Premonition"

is pretty good.

the game is pretty good. the framerate though lol. ive seen better framerates in the jungle levels of Hitman Codename 47 while running at 4k with the resolution hack am i rite??

but seriously, fun game so far even if half of it looks like a psp game and the framerate has never even heard of the word "consistent"

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

https://twitter.com/Kazel_93/status/1281290048584003584

is this actually bad? i was told in first year of university, when i first learned the acronym, that that's what A stands for :confused:

the A usually stands for asexual. allies aren't included in the acronym because they arent part of the community but still support the community, which is why theyre allies.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
gamers: they want to be their own thing but they also want to be every thing. but they do not believe in a heaven and hell world of opposites kind of reality. so they gained controllers and half-pressed A

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
hairy palmer and the half-pressed A

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

psiox posted:

hairy palmer and the half-pressed A

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I know a fair few posters have poo-poohed the concept of home VR gaming, now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1329530/Perv_Simulator_VR/

you can apologise below the line

---------------------------

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
games are supposed to support escapism

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
press g to pay respects

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’m almost to the end of god of war 2018 and it is a rare combo of “game that makes me feel clever for noticing and completing puzzles for loot” while i realize nonetheless than i am a stupid AAA guzzling chud. outstanding

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

holy poo poo lol ive never played system shock and this looks amazing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
system shock and system shock 2 are both really good as is system shock 3 (for some reason ss3 is called Prey).

ss1 is kind of rough to play because of the janky controls. ss2 is still really good and you can get some texture packs for the environment and weapons that make it look better at high rez.

ss remastered has been in the pipe for atleast 4 years and i hope it turns out well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i’m almost to the end of god of war 2018 and it is a rare combo of “game that makes me feel clever for noticing and completing puzzles for loot” while i realize nonetheless than i am a stupid AAA guzzling chud. outstanding

does chud even mean anything anymore

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It means what it’s always meant, an acronym for cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller

:hmmyes:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Doom Eternal is really fun

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i guess i've just about finished subnautica. wonderful game, tons of fun despite giving me anxiety (or, maybe in some way, because of the anxiety?)

the funniest thing for me was, weirdly, the coffee machine. after spending the first ~10 game hours struggling to disinfect enough drinking water, i was stoked to find a machine that would synthesize drinkable fluid for me. so i build it in my base and it's got this smug little robot voice, and i push the button and wait... and wait... and wait... and then it gurgles out this liiitle tiny mug of coffee that barely covers the water i lost standing around waiting for it. retrospectively i don't know why i expected anything different. a real-life face-in-hands situation.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

also i sprinted head-first into discovering how the game enforces out-of-bounds by piloting my seamoth full-throttle straight down off the crater edge. "oh cool a big cliff i wonder what's at the bottom..."

i bailed out before i was messily devoured, and then i had to go get my seamoth back from like 500m down off the edge, which was really stressful in itself.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
man i've been going hard on nostalgia-gaming lately. earlier this year it was the old x-wing and tie-fighter games. played out x-wing, got a good chunk through TIE fighter but eventually the missions got complex/tense enough that it just got stressful and i kinda wandered away from it.

recently got the C&C Remastered release. actually pretty surprisingly good effort considering it's an EA product. i played through all the Tiberian Dawn stuff, even slogged through all the expansion/console missions so i could see the bonus pics/vids. for some dumb reason i find i like the TD play more than the Red Alert play, so i'm not as keen on playing through those.

also some friends got me into Valorant a month or so ago. it's basically counterstrike with characters/abilities bolted on. lol they actually opened with "oh hey farmer crack-rear end, you played a bunch of counterstrike right? we could use someone with your skills, we suck at this kind of game lol". finding it more rewarding than the battle royale-style FPSing i was doing with other friends a while back, i think because it's more frequent combat rather than spending 10 minutes skulking around and looting poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glorgnole posted:

i guess i've just about finished subnautica. wonderful game, tons of fun despite giving me anxiety (or, maybe in some way, because of the anxiety?)

the funniest thing for me was, weirdly, the coffee machine. after spending the first ~10 game hours struggling to disinfect enough drinking water, i was stoked to find a machine that would synthesize drinkable fluid for me. so i build it in my base and it's got this smug little robot voice, and i push the button and wait... and wait... and wait... and then it gurgles out this liiitle tiny mug of coffee that barely covers the water i lost standing around waiting for it. retrospectively i don't know why i expected anything different. a real-life face-in-hands situation.

that's why you put 2 or 3 coffee machines right next to each other and be thankful the game doesn't have a heart explosion mechanic

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

haveblue posted:

that's why you put 2 or 3 coffee machines right next to each other and be thankful the game doesn't have a heart explosion mechanic

it does. it happens when you're paddling around in the open water behind the aurora and a leviathan swims by right next to you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

it does have a "vomiting blood" mechanic though if you eat too many of the same kind of fish in a row.

or at least it did in the early access versions, they might have taken that out

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Metro: Exodus bringing that Truman Show vibe.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

computer toucher posted:

this picture makes me dizzy.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

computer toucher posted:

...is that good

(been meaning to try it soon via psnow once i finish gow2018)

burning swine
May 26, 2004

alright I bought subnautica based largely on the recommendations in this thread

time to get moist

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I finished outer wilds yesterday and I can't recommend it highly enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

it does have a "vomiting blood" mechanic though if you eat too many of the same kind of fish in a row.

or at least it did in the early access versions, they might have taken that out

I never vomited blood in my ps4 playthrough. well, my game character didn't