Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Augus posted:

no, hillary clinton would make anime illegal

This would simply create the anime black market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

rwby has always looked like complete poo poo and i have no idea how anyone could even watch it.

I had first heard of it through this thread when someone posted hbomb's planning a review and yeah I dunno how it blew up. It looks like rear end.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's interesting I suppose because I just got done playing through halo 2 and my thought walking away was dang that did not hold up very well

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

no, hillary clinton would make anime illegal

I already see lawyers arguing RWBY isn't anime, because it's not made in Japan

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

rwby has always looked like complete poo poo and i have no idea how anyone could even watch it.

I blame the very concept of fandoms, personally.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

despite everything, monty oum's fight scenes were pretty entertaining. that was always what people watched the show for.
also they seem to like the music. idk, doesn't really do it for me but I can see the appeal I guess.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's interesting I suppose because I just got done playing through halo 2 and my thought walking away was dang that did not hold up very well

Doesn't it end on a ridiculous cliffhanger after setting up a kickass final battle? I remember my brother bitching about it at the time (as a cultured person I only played FPS on PC).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mr.Radar posted:

It looks like YouTube ads are about to get even more annoying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mJdG-lzhQg

Tl;dw: YouTube is changing the minimum video runtime for putting midroll ads on a video from 10 minutes to 8 minutes and automatically enabling them on every elegible video, even ones where midrolls were previously manually disabled unless the owner of the channel takes action.

I'd suggest getting uBlock Origin on desktop and NewPipe on Android (via the FDroid app store) if you haven't already.
I noticed this back in April or May, and it’s YouTube trying to squeeze a bit of extra cash out of the pandemic since more people are stuck at home watching TV. It’s pretty scummy, as I imagine creators won’t see an extra cent, and pretty...YouTube.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

I had first heard of it through this thread when someone posted hbomb's planning a review and yeah I dunno how it blew up. It looks like rear end.

RT and Oum specifically had both a built in fanbase from RvB and his Dead Fantasy series along with the feeling of loyalty to an indie studio, which RT still tries to project despite being owned by Warner Brothers and getting called out by Levar Burton for treating his daughter like garbage.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Woolie talks about people asking him to do a get-together or anything with the other former Super Best Friends members, and gets real about it. Dude's got the patience of a saint, which I guess makes sense considering he's been Pat's friend since high school I think. but this is exactly the sort of thing that Arin goes through with people asking him to do more stuff with Jontron(aside from Matt/Liam not being horrible human beings), just people incapable of reading the room or just not knowing that it wasn't an amicable breakup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_jPYHl3M4&hd=1

not gonna lie, it's a bit funny seeing a youtuber talk to a bunch of grown adults like they pre-teens whose parents went through a divorce

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if the fidget spinner fits

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Ollie is doing a live stream to talk about his last video, and he just revealed he hates mushrooms. :catstare: He is officially cancelled now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Mr.Radar posted:

Ollie is doing a live stream to talk about his last video, and he just revealed he hates mushrooms. :catstare: He is officially cancelled now.

the food kind or the psychedelic kind?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

watho posted:

the food kind or the psychedelic kind?

Food. It was in the context of making a pasta dish.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eh, people have more tolerance for that kinda stuff. I'm the same way video games. I don't think I could go back to PS1 or 64 games or earlier unless they're sprite-based now.

Sometimes people will have no problem with watching stuff that looks like poo poo, like Kemono Friends and still love it. Other people need things to look more absurd and incredible like Redline and won't settle for less. It is what it is.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

Food. It was in the context of making a pasta dish.

i’ll agree with him then. NOT CANCELLED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNZUWYgyEV4

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mr.Radar posted:

lol if you're a philosopher and NOT doing any kind of psychedelic substance.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

watho posted:

i’ll agree with him then. NOT CANCELLED

I'm sorry, you're cancelled too, actually

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mushrooms are bad but not as bad as beans

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Mushrooms are bad but not as bad as beans
now that’s a cancellation

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

save yer fuckin judgements about RWBY so I don't have to read about it anymore

Woolie talks about people asking him to do a get-together or anything with the other former Super Best Friends members, and gets real about it. Dude's got the patience of a saint, which I guess makes sense considering he's been Pat's friend since high school I think. but this is exactly the sort of thing that Arin goes through with people asking him to do more stuff with Jontron(aside from Matt/Liam not being horrible human beings), just people incapable of reading the room or just not knowing that it wasn't an amicable breakup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_jPYHl3M4&hd=1

Totally Not Mark continues his blind One Piece readthrough and predictably Water Seven gets the standard, every episode "the best this series has been" mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9urgtfDC3s&hd=1

Woolie finished Halo and moved on quickly to Halo 2, and he loves it. I forgot just how fun that game was, and the remastered cutscenes are crazy gorgeous. Also, I forgot just HOW charming Sgt Johnson is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpW7Mx_W2kk&hd=1

I am a little curious about what went down with Woolie and Liam though cause they did a few things after the breakup (long after Liam left too) then stopped. Not enough to pry though cause yeah as Woolie said, disrespectful of the cool content they're making now.

And it's abundantly clear there's bad blood between Pat/Woolie and Matt and there's no way that's happening and people really need to stop asking.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I am a little curious about what went down with Woolie and Liam though cause they did a few things after the breakup (long after Liam left too) then stopped. Not enough to pry though cause yeah as Woolie said, disrespectful of the cool content they're making now.

And it's abundantly clear there's bad blood between Pat/Woolie and Matt and there's no way that's happening and people really need to stop asking.

Its mostly Woolie's end that has me curious. I figured if anyone'd be on good terms with everyone, it'd be him.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Mushrooms can be used to okay effect in pasta or mixed vegetable dishes but they're too slimy.

Chickpeas are the real villains of cuisine. They need to be crushed down into hummus to be of any use.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Bee posted:

Its mostly Woolie's end that has me curious. I figured if anyone'd be on good terms with everyone, it'd be him.

Eh what I've inferred is Matt kinda disconnected from the SBF well before it actually ended so Pat and Woolie had to work double time keeping poo poo afloat the last year or so.

That'll strain anyone's patience.

I doubt there's any like similar issue with Woolie and Liam, they still seem to twitter each other, so I'm more interested in what stopped them doing videos. It's not like either are shy about collaborating.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did Quinton's Hamilton video get posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQx3eelh2o

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

Mushrooms can be used to okay effect in pasta or mixed vegetable dishes but they're too slimy.

Chickpeas are the real villains of cuisine. They need to be crushed down into hummus to be of any use.

You're not cooking your mushrooms correctly if they're wet, they need to be hot enough so the water evaporates immediately.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

A Sometimes Food posted:

Eh what I've inferred is Matt kinda disconnected from the SBF well before it actually ended so Pat and Woolie had to work double time keeping poo poo afloat the last year or so.

That'll strain anyone's patience.

I doubt there's any like similar issue with Woolie and Liam, they still seem to twitter each other, so I'm more interested in what stopped them doing videos. It's not like either are shy about collaborating.

In Liam's case it's because he's stopped doing videos/streaming entirely since he went back to college.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Somebody's never had good Chana.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think Woolie really wants to stand on his own and doesn't want to let the past be a crutch, and Pat is allergic to the kind of effort anything more than streaming involves. Don't blame him tbh, it's working for him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Halo 2 is fun but the fact that in Legendary Co-op if either partner dies, the game reloads to a checkpoint is dumb.

Legendary also has some other really, really dumb poo poo. I'm looking at you, jackal snipers, the prophet boss fight, and the near entirety of the level "Gravemind"

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
The other night, my partner and I tried playing through Halo 2 on Legendary with 21 skulls on, including the potent combination of:
- One player has infinite ammo and no shields, one only has melee but overshields
- BUT you can only restore your shields by melee killing enemies
- BUT enemies drop their grenades and explode on death
- AND the explosion radius has been doubled
- Plus all the enemies were raised to their maximum ranks, physics was made to be wild and we were constantly getting killed by boxes launched by stray explosions, no motion tracker, HUD elements gone, etc.

We were unable to complete the first level.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah my brother beat it on legendary but he said you had to totally memorize movement like a speedrun when it came to the jackal snipers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ive been playing MCC and beaten the three available games on Heroic, so now I've been practicing Legendary with some skulls activated. The skulls adding extra grenades and upgrading the class of enemy units is about as much as I can handle. Halo Reach elites are absolute bullshit. Super strong shields and poor enemy flinching animations make it difficult to tell of you're making any meaningful damage to them, and they won't stop dodging.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Halo Reach is BRUTAL on Legendary, yet also feels like the one you should play on that mode, since it's a story about repeatedly getting your rear end kicked.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Really? I thought Reach on Legendary was pretty easy all things considered. I didn't have too much trouble with it. (DMR and Plasma pistol, that's all you need) I had way more trouble with Halo 3 lol

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Also, this popped up in my recommendations on youtube. The channel Ross McIntyre did a two parter video series on the Channel Awesome movies

Part 1, he talks about Kickassia and Suburban Knights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HK-9D-1DME

Part 2, he talks about Too Boldly Flee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csgPFMdJNIg

Little warning tho, he accidentally misgenders JesuOtaku and Kinley Mochrie. He didn't know they came out after Too Boldy Flee and was pretty apologetic about it on twitter so I don't think it was intentional

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anything is easy if you use the noob combo enough, but there's definitely balance issues with Reach's human arsenal. It has probably the worst assault rifle in the game, and the high shield strength of Elites really cripples weapons like the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle. Outside of the DMR the rest of the human weapons are pretty much one off gimmicks and the reduced magazine count limits them further (on that note why do several missions start you off with more ammo than your max carrying capacity?)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dabir posted:

I think Woolie really wants to stand on his own and doesn't want to let the past be a crutch, and Pat is allergic to the kind of effort anything more than streaming involves. Don't blame him tbh, it's working for him.

Honestly I wonder if that's not what at least part of split Matt off, who really seems to enjoy putting in the work with stuff like Wha' Happun.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Anything is easy if you use the noob combo enough, but there's definitely balance issues with Reach's human arsenal. It has probably the worst assault rifle in the game, and the high shield strength of Elites really cripples weapons like the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle. Outside of the DMR the rest of the human weapons are pretty much one off gimmicks and the reduced magazine count limits them further (on that note why do several missions start you off with more ammo than your max carrying capacity?)

I disagree. if you get close enough, the shotgun is devastating to even the most powerful elites, and the sniper rifle is incredibly powerful if you get headshots with it (which you should be doing with most of the human weapons anyway)

Also, the grenade launcher is extremely useful. It can take out entire groups of grunts with one shot, its the best weapon to bypass Jackals shields with, and a direct hit can one-shot an elite. (IIRC)

Honestly, Reach has my favorite arsenal of any Halo game.

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 11, 2020

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly I wonder if that's not what at least part of split Matt off, who really seems to enjoy putting in the work with stuff like Wha' Happun.

I had no idea who Matt was before I started watching Wha' Happun so he's at least gotten one new viewer from going out on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Getting close to Elites on legendary is suicidal. They'll give you the mighty boot right quick.