Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

SirSamVimes posted:

you can't stop me posting about cartoon ducks

who the gently caress is scraeming "STOP POSTING ABOUT CARTOON DUCKS" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never stop posting about cartoon ducks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it me no ducks for anyone

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
If I could get one of those invites I would be grateful... Although I think I've mostly intensely lurked this particular topic.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

ZorpZuppins posted:

I'd like an invite too

Your PMs are closed! you gotta either open them or give me your discord id thingy, the one with the numbers after your nick

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Is there a reason you can't just post a link, as I have seen done in other threads?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Sure send me an invite

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

I'd like in too, please!

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 25, 2020

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'll take an invite if that's possible

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Could you send me the invite too? I'm Maltor#9712, thanks.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I would like one too SomeJazzyRat#3751

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

drunkencarp posted:

Is there a reason you can't just post a link, as I have seen done in other threads?

KiwiFarms assholes have been bothering people during this exodus. The channel creator already had to deal with one

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I friended folks who gave me their Discord ID, I'm going to send you an invite as soon as you accept. I can't message you if we don't share a channel or aren't friends. You can defriend me after I've got you in.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I really don't like the always up-to-date aspect of discord. Forums are so good for catching up when you feel like it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Discord's made to be a chat program, not a message board. There's a reason it blew up after everyone got sick of trying to use Skype for text chat.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-kids-channels-shutter-uk-content-moving-disney-1300369

Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD will shut down in the UK in favor of Disney+ only starting Oct 1st.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ikanreed posted:

I really don't like the always up-to-date aspect of discord. Forums are so good for catching up when you feel like it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Discords are basically lifeboats as people try to find new land to settle on. Whether it's a forum specifically based on a particular interest like what the LP subforum is doing or something broader

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Discords are basically lifeboats as people try to find new land to settle on. Whether it's a forum specifically based on a particular interest like what the LP subforum is doing or something broader

What's the LP subforum doing?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

What's the LP subforum doing?

There's two sites: LP Zone and LP Beach. I'm not super involved in the community there, but the discords I'm part of have discussed each. Both have a discord, I believe, but both want a forums structure since that's more accomodating to what they do rather than only discords.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Supposedly Jeffery of YOSPOS is negotiating with Lowtax to transfer ownership of SA, which is good cause it would suck if this place died

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Supposedly Jeffery of YOSPOS is negotiating with Lowtax to transfer ownership of SA, which is good cause it would suck if this place died

Here's hoping this deal goes through and we can continue posting about cartoon ducks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

See, us cartoon duck posters were correct all along

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Life truly is like a hurricane.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Petition to rename thread Ducktales Season 3: show yourself coward. i will never stop posting about cartoon ducks

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Life truly is like a hurricane.

Racecars, losers, mangosteen

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SirSamVimes posted:

Petition to rename thread Ducktales Season 3: show yourself coward. i will never stop posting about cartoon ducks

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

SirSamVimes posted:

I second this emotion.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SirSamVimes posted:

Nthed

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SirSamVimes posted:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm just glad this wasn't one of the threads where people were posting Goatse cause they thought that the forums were going to die and thus the rules were out the window too

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm just glad this wasn't one of the threads where people were posting Goatse cause they thought that the forums were going to die and thus the rules were out the window too

the rules have been suspended for anything less than illegal stuff and harassment for a day. the goatse is allowed, even if I think it was kinda dumb ngl.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It was nice to see my old friend again, not restrained by tags and links

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

drrockso20 posted:

Duckse

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Beachcomber posted:

Racecars, losers, mangosteen
:ck5:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cloa.ca

actually that might exist, I'm not gonna check

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

davidspackage posted:

Cloa.ca

actually that might exist, I'm not gonna check

It's just being squatted right now.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
So, new episode when again? August, right?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Ha ha if you think COVID will be done by then

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha if you think COVID will be done by then

I think a lot of the art and production of this kind of show can be done(albiet probably less efficiently) by people working at home. I don't think Disney has furloughed all the people who make Duck Tales. Probably. I don't see any reason why it should be delayed until the disease has completely receded.

I guess voice actors would have to go to a studio to get proper quality, which is dangerous, and I certainly don't want anyone to suffer so I can watch a cartoon, but don't set your hopes too low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ikanreed posted:

I think a lot of the art and production of this kind of show can be done(albiet probably less efficiently) by people working at home. I don't think Disney has furloughed all the people who make Duck Tales. Probably. I don't see any reason why it should be delayed until the disease has completely receded.

I guess voice actors would have to go to a studio to get proper quality, which is dangerous, and I certainly don't want anyone to suffer so I can watch a cartoon, but don't set your hopes too low.

In a typical television animation production schedule, the voice acting is one of the first things to get done, and the actual animation part takes months. There's a strong chance the voices for the next batch of episodes were done before covid lockdowns started.

Also, even before covid, it was pretty common for voice actors to have a passable home studio, now it's probably near-universal.