Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I had planned to make Linseneintopf today but I did so much bullshit at work I wasn't motivated anymore. Ah well, maybe tomorrow…

I've made so many different Eintöpfe since the beginning of working from home, it's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
But that's super easy and takes like 10 minutes...unless you mean dried lentils? In that case, get an instant pot.

SRF
Oct 31, 2011
Made Thai style chicken with quick-pickled vegetables, rice, and a dipping sauce. A+, would make again.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Dackel posted:

Is there a Sonnenbank, where I can bask in this emotional contentness of System Metternich? Could really use that rn
All the Bavarians are always happy :thunk:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Of course my lentils are dried, and I own a Dampfdrucktopf of course. I just feel increasingly exhausted after work even if (especially if) I haven't done anything useful all day.

I desperately need to find a new place to live where I can actually find sleep…

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

We’ve only had a Maskenpflicht since July 6th lmao

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Of course my lentils are dried, and I own a Dampfdrucktopf of course. I just feel increasingly exhausted after work even if (especially if) I haven't done anything useful all day.

I desperately need to find a new place to live where I can actually find sleep…

Why can't you sleep? Is it too noisy, too warm or are you having trouble separating WFH and sleeping in the same place?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Neighbours (loving students) and two streets, yeah. Apparently this area is inhabited by people who love it when their dogs bark constantly throughout the night, drunk assholes listening to garbage music at full volume at 02:00, and so on. The Hausverwaltung doesn't give a poo poo either so while I've been documenting grievances I've been trying to move out when the pandemic hit…

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Dackel posted:

Is there a Sonnenbank, where I can bask in this emotional contentness of System Metternich? Could really use that rn

Aw :( I don’t know of a Sonnenbank, but have a virtual and guaranteed corona-free e-hug :glomp:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Perestroika posted:

If not FAZ, then Zeit.

God, the discourse on this is so loving :psyduck:. One half is like "Clearly there is no racial profiling among the police, since I (an extremely white dude) have never witnessed any!", while the other half is like "Um actually, racial profiling is cool and good and completely necessary for police work". And yet both manage to work their way back around to "suspecting that the police is bigoted is in itself bigoted."

edit: Of loving course. loving liberals.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SquirrelAfa/status/1281248018684088321

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Neighbours (loving students) and two streets, yeah. Apparently this area is inhabited by people who love it when their dogs bark constantly throughout the night, drunk assholes listening to garbage music at full volume at 02:00, and so on. The Hausverwaltung doesn't give a poo poo either so while I've been documenting grievances I've been trying to move out when the pandemic hit…

That sucks, I have a bunch of students/young people sitting in the courtyard under my office window every day, talking drinking etc. I can't work with open windows and if they are closed it gets real warm.

Hopefully all these idiots have somewhere to go again soon .

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hopper posted:

That sucks, I have a bunch of students/young people sitting in the courtyard under my office window every day, talking drinking etc. I can't work with open windows and if they are closed it gets real warm.

Hopefully all these idiots have somewhere to go again soon .

Chase them away with Schlager

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
take em all to Schiedsamt op

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I feel like using Baseball-Schlager...

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Hopper posted:

I feel like using Baseball-Schlager...

:same:

I'm an extremely chill person normally, but wake me up at 02:30 by loudly singing Lemon Tree with your mates and :murder:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Yeah but imagine, sitting here in a boring room

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Ugh, neighbors. I feel all of you. My Assinachbar is going to finally gently caress off in a while. Door schlaging and brülling on the phone was 90% of his terror, the remainder was yelling insults, threatening to aufschlitz one Nachbarin or beating me up.
After about one year of Lärmprotokolls and a recent Anzeige he got a last Abmahnung and a week later the fristlose for threatening the boyfriend of the Nachbarin. I think he already started moving but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Having loud neighbors is the worst. CBD kept me kinda sane, otherwise it would have probably escalated a while ago. His fristlose is zum 31.07. and I'm really excited.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I once had an upstairs neighbor who was just constantly yelling at her child and throwing stuff (possibly beating the child too, who knows). In retrospect I should probably have tried to do something about it, but what?

In the same house I also saw an elderly neighbor die in the hallway (Rot Kreuz was already there). Low cost housing offers a lot of life experiences.

My current neighbors are all nice, even the bums from the bum house down the road just yell compliments about my cat.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

All the Bavarians are always happy :thunk:

That a group of people largely descended from mountain trolls doesn't have access to the full range of human emotion is not that surprising, really.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Bayern sind die Delphine der Natur! 🐬

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

pidan posted:

I once had an upstairs neighbor who was just constantly yelling at her child and throwing stuff (possibly beating the child too, who knows). In retrospect I should probably have tried to do something about it, but what?

In the same house I also saw an elderly neighbor die in the hallway (Rot Kreuz was already there). Low cost housing offers a lot of life experiences.

My current neighbors are all nice, even the bums from the bum house down the road just yell compliments about my cat.

Either 110 or look up your local child services office.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

RabbitWizard posted:

Ugh, neighbors. I feel all of you. My Assinachbar is going to finally gently caress off in a while. Door schlaging and brülling on the phone was 90% of his terror, the remainder was yelling insults, threatening to aufschlitz one Nachbarin or beating me up.
After about one year of Lärmprotokolls and a recent Anzeige he got a last Abmahnung and a week later the fristlose for threatening the boyfriend of the Nachbarin. I think he already started moving but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Having loud neighbors is the worst. CBD kept me kinda sane, otherwise it would have probably escalated a while ago. His fristlose is zum 31.07. and I'm really excited.

I don't mean to regne on your Parade, but I would wait until you're 100% sure that he's actually moving out until you get excited for the day where you'll no longer be plagued by him. 31.7. is only the day that he contractually is forced to leave the Wohnung, but if he goes full-squatter until he finds a new place, it takes another while until an actual vollstreckungsfähiger Titel zur Räumung can be erwirked against him, iirc.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't mean to regne on your Parade, but I would wait until you're 100% sure that he's actually moving out until you get excited for the day where you'll no longer be plagued by him. 31.7. is only the day that he contractually is forced to leave the Wohnung, but if he goes full-squatter until he finds a new place, it takes another while until an actual vollstreckungsfähiger Titel zur Räumung can be erwirked against him, iirc.

Going by the description, he may also arm himself and start taking hostages if it ends with a full-on Polizeiräumung

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I am a very patient person. But if that mofo hasn't Einspruch eingelegt and he is still here on first of August, I'll start some poo poo. I live above him and can make the time - and have the will by now - to stomp on my floor every 5 minutes through the nights.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

This made me feel a little less bad about germany.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, were back at the pre-Gütersloh numbers. I imagine this is as low as it goes and there will be new similar outbreaks from time to time. I guess let's see what the summer vacation and the school reopening brings.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
There's no dutch thread, so this is probably the closest alternative

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1281913908203331587

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
There's a Dutch language thread, not sure if you know

The dutch organised crime scene is wild though. There have been a number of very public assassinations over the years

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sulla Faex posted:

There's a Dutch language thread, not sure if you know

that is indeed the Dutch thread!!!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/klausurrelefant/status/1281600467307503621

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ok Karen

hm, what is the German equivalent of Karen actually?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

oliwan posted:

ok Karen

hm, what is the German equivalent of Karen actually?

Susanne? Monika?

But I feel like the German equivalent would very much like to be gesiezt by everyone.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cebrail posted:

Susanne? Monika?

I think a Doris would have a similar energy as well.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

It's Karin, you weirdos

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

The whole Karen thing is nothing but egregious woman hating, and I treasure every day it hasn't reached our shores yet.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It's Anette

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

idk about a Karen, but a Becky is pretty much just 1:1 a Rebecca right

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
It's not about the corresponding name. It's about the name that somebody in Germany would reasonably link to the same stereotype.

In which case I think cebrail hits it pretty close with Susanne.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Beatrix imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

niethan posted:

It's Anette