Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

A big reason people liked Braun was because he beat up Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Catpetter1981 posted:

I recall a time when Braun was a hot property in WWE and a fan favourite here in the SA wrestling forum, with people going all caps BRAUN when writing about him. When and why did that change into Braun being a figure of contempt?

It was somewhere around when he started feuding with Elias like this:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They haven’t made him dance around in a giant diaper yet but give it time

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Erebus posted:

It was somewhere around when he started feuding with Elias like this:

People here enjoyed this enough that it replaced the list of champions for that week's thread

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

FogHelmut posted:

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this - I haven't watched in 15 years, what's with the shaky cam and constant cuts? I can't follow any of the action, the moves don't flow, and it looks dumb.

Yes it does, and so do the camera men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrMdMvafUag

So they can make:

They do this all the time with everything. It's the worst poo poo.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
It was a rare case of a good comedy spot in WWE, which is historically a death sentence for a wrestler. Was this the start of him being thrust in more wacky comedy spots or am I misremembering?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Does it predate him winning the tag titles with Some Kid Called Nicholas?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
ALL THE TIME

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/968941863087550467

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want to say the incessant shaking and zooming started around when The Shield debuted

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jerusalem posted:

Does it predate him winning the tag titles with Some Kid Called Nicholas?

The bass segment happened on February 12, 2018, and the Nicholas match was April 8, 2018 at Wrestlemania. (He had to relinquish the tag titles the next night on Raw because Nicholas had school.) By the next year's Wrestlemania, Braun was in a feud with Colin Jost from SNL.

I'm not saying the bass bit ruined him on its own (it was funny), nor that his booking was all bad after that (though he did fail his MitB cash-in later that year with a loving no contest), but it's where the turn toward goof-rear end started.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Erebus posted:

By the next year's Wrestlemania, Braun was in a feud with Colin Jost from SNL.

Oh God, I had completely forgotten about that bullshit.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
remember when he won the tag titles with a literal child

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Erebus posted:

(though he did fail his MitB cash-in later that year with a loving no contest)

a no contest hell in a cell match to be clear

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have no problem with Braun, he is on a really bad show though.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my God, Braun's a democrat?!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Yeah the Nicholas stuff for me was ridiculous, but the summerslam main event where they teased that he would cash in but he just stood around like a dolt then got beaten up by brock was the real interest killer for me. The wet fart of a hell in a cell ending in a DQ was the final nail in the coffin.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Yeah the Nicholas stuff for me was ridiculous, but the summerslam main event where they teased that he would cash in but he just stood around like a dolt then got beaten up by brock was the real interest killer for me. The wet fart of a hell in a cell ending in a DQ was the final nail in the coffin.

Yeah the Summerslam main event was the breaking point. I remember the crowd being SUPER hot for the possibility of Braun cashing in that night and then completely deflated when he poo poo the bed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite thing about the Nicholas match was apparently Braun walked right past Minoru Suzuki in the crowd to go get him

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I was at the Raw when Braun sorta turned heel, which lasted for all of three weeks, IIRC. (He refused a tag from Roman and joined Drew/Dolph in beating him up, I think?) I was with a couple work friends, some who are longtime fans and others who were just here for the ride. All of us came out of the show feeling confused and a little annoyed.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't watched WWE live for a while and this smackdown was the show I chose to start back up with

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If I didn't know better I would think this was a parody of their actual camera cuts. I must have become desensitized to it after watching WWE for so long, but I quit a few Manias ago and seeing this now just makes me feel so dizzy. It's also hilarious how they can only cut to Ziggler running to the ring for like half a second so you can barely even recognize who he is before they cut to the complete opposite angle of him sliding into the ring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The crazy camera action worked on the debut night of the shield or something like the original nexus destroying the ring because it has a sense of too much going on and the production crew is caught off guard and nobody knows what to shoot because of the chaos. It doesn’t work the other 99.9% of the time. There’s a reason why the NFL doesn’t switch angles 3 times during a 2 second pass

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Everything about WWE programming is meant to induce headaches, misery and shame

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

OctoberCountry posted:

Oh my God, Braun's a democrat?!

:holymoley:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Jeff Hardy defeated The Miz in a singles match despite a distraction by Sheamus on the Titantron.

Apparently Miz is one loss away from having the second-most losses in SD history https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=spezbil&bilanz=2&jahr=0&stat=1&reihenfolge=3&ordnung=&ppv=

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/vincemcmahon/status/1281974224148627462?s=21

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is the scariest thing.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

SD was up to 1.905 million and won the demo at .5

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

SD was up to 1.905 million and won the demo at .5

lol they couldn't even crack 2 million again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looking back it it really is clear the Roman did a lot of the heavy lifting in the feud with Braun

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Jetfire posted:

I was at the Raw when Braun sorta turned heel, which lasted for all of three weeks, IIRC. (He refused a tag from Roman and joined Drew/Dolph in beating him up, I think?) I was with a couple work friends, some who are longtime fans and others who were just here for the ride. All of us came out of the show feeling confused and a little annoyed.

You should try going with your shoot friends, it’s a lot more fun.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

2.0 is basically the new ceiling right

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I want to say the incessant shaking and zooming started around when The Shield debuted

So no one remembers Edge's original entrance?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

2.0 is basically the new ceiling right

Raw's averaged it once since April started and only had one hour that high since the post-Mania Raw ended

SD hasn't gotten to 2.18mil since a week after that, and even that height was because of the Taker retirement stuff; excluding it, 2.15mil (the week after the post-Mania Raw)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The lazy depressed EC3 entrance, but it is Braun flopping cars

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

I've never seen this site and now I'm gonna be stuck on it for like 8 hours :argh:

I'm surprised at Cena's raw stats, 400 wins, but 100 loses? what a chump

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

Looks like the spoiler really did have a butts in seats effect given how many extra people tuned in at the end to see him win.
I'm always surprised that WWE seem to have taken the wrong lesson from that incident. Bischoff spoiled the end of Raw and spiked their viewership, and their take-away was 'spoilers are bad, never let them get out', and not 'if the audience knows they're gonna see something cool, they'll tune in'.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

Doing it for an entrance and doing it for an entire 3 hour show are two entirely different things

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jiro posted:

I feel like the horrible camera poo poo started when they realized they could use the zoom for Cesaro's giant swing.

Or maybe the horrible side to side stuff for dancing.

Oh Jesus, imagine the camera work if Dude Love debuted in 2020 for the psychedelic effects they'd think they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Gaz-L posted:

I'm always surprised that WWE seem to have taken the wrong lesson from that incident. Bischoff spoiled the end of Raw and spiked their viewership, and their take-away was 'spoilers are bad, never let them get out', and not 'if the audience knows they're gonna see something cool, they'll tune in'.

it's also extremely (horror show) stupid that when they show recaps of any PPV highlights on the next raw/smackdown - they always cut away or freeze frame it before any impact. Like that's the kind of poo poo you want to show people so they tune into your lovely PPV's