Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

If memory serves CDAN blamed Selma Blair's MS on her drug use so I'd question their reliability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Triple H spoke to Yahoo Sports about #SpeakingOut

Triple H posted:

We’ve stated that as far as this movement goes, individuals are responsible for their own actions. But we also have a zero-tolerance policy for domestic abuse, child abuse, sexual assault. If someone is arrested for that, they are immediately suspended. If they are convicted, they are immediately terminated. There’s no leeway or wiggle room. That is what it is. We also have the ability to fine, suspend or terminate for anything that has evidence of illegal misconduct or what we deem to be enough evidence to have the right to terminate.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Whole lotta nothing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rantmo posted:

I haven't seen a goddamn thing about Roberts or Darby and it's really disappointing.

Same. It's a huge bummer. I'm sure it won't mean anything and I won't ever see a response, but I did email them about the fact that they've just publicly ignored the accusations around these two. Maybe if enough people bother them about it they'll actually do/say something.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Rarity posted:

Triple H spoke to Yahoo Sports about #SpeakingOut

“we will do nothing until the law gets involved at which point we will fire them so we don’t have to deal with the legal system”

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not that it remotely justifies keeping him if he’s a piece of poo poo, but who is the one that is better?

When Dasha does it she sounds like a late 90s text to speech app just mashing together phonemes and I find her announcing really jarring to listen to.

I like Dasha's ring announcing, so I meant her. Brandi's not bad either but she clearly hates it and doesn't want to do it.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Triple H sounds like the kinda guy whose handy with his fists if you get my drift

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1280918573150543872

So in a weird twist one of the Riddles have created a twitter account solely for smearing Candy using the legal name of Jamie Senegal. The account is only followed by the marketing company that Riddle is signed to and another whose recovery email began with the letters ri***. Like how can you be so bad at making a sockpuppet account?
AHHH!

Queer Salutations posted:

If memory serves CDAN blamed Selma Blair's MS on her drug use so I'd question their reliability.
AHHH!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Matt had to make a video okay, his lawyer ran out of sticker sheets

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/GothicLolly/status/1281972238581993472

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dave's trash. Remember his whataboutism defense of Cornette's racism on NWA commentary? People were going after Cornette for his racist comment because they had an axe to grind, but they didn't do anything about Randy Orton using the N word on a stream!!

Anyways, I hope we get more info on the damage control/coverups/silencing that's going on behind the scenes. I imagine at the very least there's a lot of circling the wagons and scrubbing to keep more stuff from coming out.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 11, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Dave's trash. Remember his whataboutism defense of Cornette's racism on NWA commentary? People were going after Cornette for his racist comment because they had an axe to grind, but they didn't do anything about Randy Orton using the N word on a stream!!

Again, people were literally doing this. It was great but people definitely wanted to take down Cornette. I don't get multiple DMs making sure I see and comment on videos because people are reacting normally to things.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Pinche Rudo posted:

speaking of axes to grind

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

hunnert car pileup posted:

speaking of axes to grind

You're right. I apologize for derailing the thread, that was totally uncalled for. It was nasty and I'm ashamed I stooped to that level.

J-Ru please give me a sixer in the penalty box for that one.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what exactly about Dave's incredibly bland reporting on this topic is supposed to be objectionable

He even said he spoke with a promoter that backed up Pollyanna's claim

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

So in a weird twist one of the Riddles have created a twitter account solely for smearing Candy using the legal name of Jamie Senegal. The account is only followed by the marketing company that Riddle is signed to and another whose recovery email began with the letters ri***. Like how can you be so bad at making a sockpuppet account?

There's an account with a joker avatar that appears to be a Riddle/Riddle Lawyer sock puppet too.

But it's easy to be this bad when you are a Bubba The Love Sponge fan who think it is a good idea to go on the Bubba The Love Sponge show and let Bubba call your accuser names.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/BryceBoyer17/status/1282014041976844289?s=19

That account is totally unhinged

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole Riddle thing leaves me torn between "We learned the wrong lesson from 'the best wrestling characters are yourself turned to 11'" and "maybe it was actually 'yourself turned down and sanitized'".

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Testekill posted:

Huh? Jamie Senegal is an actual person that tweeted about Riddle. Or do you mean that there's also a sock account going by "Jamie Senegal" stanning for Riddle?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I tried to make sense of it and all I came away with is that the Riddles are like huge pieces of poo poo even for wrestlers.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

davidbix posted:

Huh? Jamie Senegal is an actual person that tweeted about Riddle. Or do you mean that there's also a sock account going by "Jamie Senegal" stanning for Riddle?

Presumably using Jamie's shoot name.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

I like Dasha's ring announcing, so I meant her. Brandi's not bad either but she clearly hates it and doesn't want to do it.

Each to their own I guess. To me the best way to describe it is she sounds the way I’d imagine someone who doesn’t speak English and has just been coached through approximating the words might sound. She hits every syllable super hard and super over-enunciated, almost like she’s trying too hard to talk.

It kind of reminds me of the announcer GCW use on their Japan shows except with the benefit of an actual PA instead of whatever they’ve slapped together in that tiny little hall they use.

This is not the ring announcer complaints thread though so it is what it is. They should address the Justin Roberts elephant in the room, potentially lovely backup announcers or not.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

davidbix posted:

So Jamie Senegal is a non-binary wrestler who had an affair with Riddle; it came out when people were like "why would Riddle hook up with Candy Cartwright when he's married" and things were super homophobic and gross because people refused to believe that their alpha bro pothead could maybe be bisexual. The person is using Senegal's real name to attack and harass Cartwright while only being followed by people in Riddle's orbit or obvious alts.

STAC Goat posted:

I tried to make sense of it and all I came away with is that the Riddles are like huge pieces of poo poo even for wrestlers.

Riddle has changed his story a bunch and he's harassing his alleged victim so I have zero doubt that he's a garbage fire of a human being that probably did coerce Candy into sex. Lisa has also been pulling some "if you come at us then you better not miss" poo poo so I'm pretty comfortable saying that she sucks as well.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 12, 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

History Comes Inside! posted:

They should address the Justin Roberts elephant in the room, potentially lovely backup announcers or not.

Yeah, I agree. Same with Darby, although I've resigned myself to the fact that they're giving him a pass because he's one of their future prospects.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
On CDAN there's a smattering of real news there. And an early blind item about Harvey Weinstein being a rapist was written by Rose McGowan herself. However, in recent years its leaned very very heavily on Conspiracy theory (Anthony Bourdain didn't kill himself, he knew too much for example). It's all variations on the same thing; every child in Hollywood has been abused, every young actress is secretly yachting, every death is suspicious.

That I've seen their increasingly unhinged blind items on Q accounts as 'evidence' says it all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.fanbyte.com/wrestling/shlak-game-changer-wrestling-deplatform/
Found this to be a really good article on deplatforming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The timing here does not seem like a coincidence

Ringside News posted:

Will Ospreay is one of the best pro wrestlers on the planet, but he recently revealed a very dark truth about himself. He had very painful thoughts that nearly caused him to take his own life.

Shayna Baszler Returns To WWE RAW With A Powerful Message
Ospreay revealed via an Instagram story that he recently suffered through suicidal ideations. In this message, Ospreay said that a “few weeks ago, I came very close to something I know I’d regret.” He also stated that he is “still dragging my feet to get better.”

This was followed by him saying that suicide isn’t an option “even when you feel like you’ve dropped the world.” He followed this up by thanking those who were able to help him during his time of need.

This is a very serious and candid message from Will Ospreay. 2020 is a very difficult time for a lot of people, especially pro wrestlers who can’t do what they love. Hopefully, Ospreay will be doing much better soon.

Our thoughts are with Will Ospreay and anyone else dealing with similar issues during this time. If you or anyone you know is having thoughts of suicide call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice of Shayna to talk about it on RAW.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Easy to be hosed up in multiple ways. Doesn’t negate bad actions, but as someone who discovered his roommate’s body... glad he’s getting help.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I still have too much of my childhood faith to ever completely abandon the idea that anyone, and I do actually mean anyone—yes, even you, you goony fucker—is capable of becoming a more thoughtful, more honest, humbler and generally better person. but a far cleverer and wiser stoner than I once taught me that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, so I hope both Mr. Guevara and Mr. Havoc are prepared to put in the tough work of re-establishing their trustworthiness

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

2020 is a very difficult time for a lot of people, especially pro wrestlers who can’t do what they love.
The absolute stones to write this. I'd admire that kind of gall if it weren't so loving ignorant.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Even if it's not because of SpeakingOut he should probably consider the implications of him making a post like that.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
While I believe in transformative justice and improving as a person, we are also under no obligation to forgive people for doing awful things. Even if they've paid their dues, I'm still entitled to dislike them.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

every young actress is secretly yachting

What's yachting in this context?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's yachting in this context?

"Yachting" in this context is billionaires paying hundreds of thousands or a couple of million dollars to gently caress an actor or actress on their yacht. It's a thing that happens a lot at Cannes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

SatansOnion posted:

I still have too much of my childhood faith to ever completely abandon the idea that anyone, and I do actually mean anyone—yes, even you, you goony fucker—is capable of becoming a more thoughtful, more honest, humbler and generally better person. but a far cleverer and wiser stoner than I once taught me that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, so I hope both Mr. Guevara and Mr. Havoc are prepared to put in the tough work of re-establishing their trustworthiness

I have faith that Sammy will come out of this a better and more thoughtful person. With Jimmy, who knows. Look how many rehabs Jake the Sanem and Scott Hall went through before one took, and it only took because they had DDP staying on their asses and building a support system for them. I don't know if Jimmy has those resources and given the rape and multiple assault accusations, who knows if he ever will.

Which isn't to say that I feel sorry for Jimmy or think anyone in particular is obligated to help him. I definitely don't think he should wrestle anymore, either. But I have addicts in my family and I've seen firsthand how long this poo poo takes even when people want to get better.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did Will feel suicidal? Probably. Is it anywhere approaching a good look that he's talking about being suicidal likely due to people telling him he's done lovely things, when we've just barely passed the 49 days of mourning after Hana Kimura took her life? Nnnnnnope.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The Cameo posted:

"Yachting" in this context is billionaires paying hundreds of thousands or a couple of million dollars to gently caress an actor or actress on their yacht. It's a thing that happens a lot at Cannes.

In case anyone was wondering why Lindsay Lohan has basically lived in the UAE for a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Did Will feel suicidal? Probably. Is it anywhere approaching a good look that he's talking about being suicidal likely due to people telling him he's done lovely things, when we've just barely passed the 49 days of mourning after Hana Kimura took her life? Nnnnnnope.

He's talked about suffering from major depression issues and being in scary places in the past so this isn't something new.