Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Some say the meaning of life is leaving your mark on this hell-scape of a world, doing good and benefiting the others that have to suffer after your sentence of hell-piss-gently caress that is existence, is up.

Others say it's about loving your close ones and making sure your genetic retardation lives onto the next generation of hell-bullshit.

Me? It's all about pozzing as many neg-rear end asses possible, it's my sole drive in life - shoving my poz cock into neg h0les and pozzing the fukk out of them; and IV crystal methamphetamine is my deity.

God drat do I love pozzing neg holes!

What is your meaning of life, fellow goon? :sterv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

to laugh a lot even if you dont get the joke

edit: also finding the tallest public place to make a pee, bonus points if your bros see

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

:lol:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Life is just one giant competition for long term survival, eating each other and mindlessly reproducing.
It's pointless to take part in it since the ants and cockroaches already won.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There isn't a meaning to it other than for you to experience it.
Ultimately you make no difference in the scope of anything no matter how insignificant or wondrous your work.
And so the best meaning you can take from your life is being able to view what you can of existence while you can experience it in the window you're given.

Well c'ya.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

AEMINAL posted:

Some say the meaning of life is leaving your mark on this hell-scape of a world, doing good and benefiting the others that have to suffer after your sentence of hell-piss-gently caress that is existence, is up.

Others say it's about loving your close ones and making sure your genetic retardation lives onto the next generation of hell-bullshit.

Me? It's all about pozzing as many neg-rear end asses possible, it's my sole drive in life - shoving my poz cock into neg h0les and pozzing the fukk out of them; and IV crystal methamphetamine is my deity.

God drat do I love pozzing neg holes!

What is your meaning of life, fellow goon? :sterv:

i wish u well

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ngIoxB4o

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

khlav kalash

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you have no free will, nothing on this speck of dust matters, just enjoy the ride and try to help other people enjoy it too

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao 42 haha loving win

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=newkGfdjd_A

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Sid Vicious posted:

lmao 42 haha loving win

6 x7 :colbert:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

dont panic lmao but guess what Mr Adams it's loving time to panic the world is worse off than if the Vorgons actually came

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's all about your bank account value OP, higher number = better

Shame that life was meaningless until they invented money

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Smoking weed, eating pussy.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

AEMINAL posted:

it's about loving your close ones

I think it's this one

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Two chicks at the same time, op

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Collard greens and mashed potatoes

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Icochet posted:

I think it's this one

you know what, i guess it really is about breeding your closest neg holes after all :shobon:

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
A great love: someone and or something (a vocation) and great food and drink, OP.

Also, what is a "neg hole?"

Thant yOu

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

edit: also finding the tallest public place to make a pee, bonus points if your bros see

please don't bulky my friend sid

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Glenn Quebec posted:

please don't bulky my friend sid

haha :)

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

just realized drum&bass is the meaning of life

brb, raving my balls off!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Trying to eat your own weight in KFC mashed potatoes and gravy and coleslaw.

Can it be done? Enlightenment awaits I think

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the meaning of life is different depending on who you ask, if you ask a rich and powerful man what is the meaning of life he will say money and power, if you ask a pedophile what is the meaning of life you already did earlier. If you ask a homeless man what is the meaning of life he will growl at you and maybe try and steal your face. If you ask a monk what is the meaning of life you might get a wide variety of answers because a bunch of different religions have monks. If you ask a monkey what the meaning of life is you're so silly lol monkeys don't talk

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

dewd, just mash up some taters, add a poo poo-gently caress of butter, salt and pepper, and you will ahve mash leagues better than any KFC mash; birch

slaw on the other hand is a more fickle gently caress, i get you there - but please try the mash recipe above

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the real meaning of life is staying alive long enough to experience all parts of the Final Fantasy 7 remake

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

If you ask me the meaning of life I have hearing problems abd night not understand and I'll say yeah that's my wife she's okay I guess

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

If you ask me the meaning of life I have hearing problems abd night not understand and I'll say yeah that's my wife she's okay I guess

what??!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AEMINAL posted:

dewd, just mash up some taters, add a poo poo-gently caress of butter, salt and pepper, and you will ahve mash leagues better than any KFC mash; birch

slaw on the other hand is a more fickle gently caress, i get you there - but please try the mash recipe above

I actually make mashed potatoes way more than I've ever had kfc mashed potatoes.

...I use too much butter and often include buttermilk in mine as a secret ingredient which sets of a DJ rave air horn effect when set at the table and people start twerkin and fuckin all up in my mashed potatoes I have to be cautious w/them

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I actually make mashed potatoes way more than I've ever had kfc mashed potatoes.

...I use too much butter and often include buttermilk in mine as a secret ingredient which sets of a DJ rave air horn effect when set at the table and people start twerkin and fuckin all up in my mashed potatoes I have to be cautious w/them

oh my god i never thought of adding buttermilk you absolute genius

thank you, from the bottom of my cholesterol clogged artery walls

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

In January I was wooing a christian woman who was hesitant to date me because I am agnostic. We were perfect for one another except that she believes there's a god and a point to all of this (the OPs quest aside). We were finally at what I thought was a settled understanding: that I loved her even though she has faith in the words of demagogues, and that I can provide for her needs and even sit in a pew once a week if it made her smile.

We were eating in a Thai restaurant and she asked to wear my hoodie. In the pocket she found a slip of paper with a quote from Mr. Peanutbutter from Bojack Horseman. "The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead."

I had written it down to give to a coworker regarding a previous conversation. My girlfriend read it over and over, then asked if I agreed with the sentiment. I rambled for a few minutes about it being a satirical slant on something I think is true. The mood at the table had shifted, but she changed the subject. We paid and left, and while walking to her car she broke up with me. Days after I had calmed down I remembered that the catalyst for this change was a line of dialogue scribbled on a ripped piece of paper and started laughing like a maniac.

That relationship was likely doomed even if I wasn't a fan of that particular cartoon. But all relationships eventually end, and it would have been nice to have been busy with her for as long as possible.

Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asOFi1W228M

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Big Beef City posted:

One who eats gains weight. Eating his own weight is a never ending task.

Enlightenment is understanding this.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

The Management posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Management posted:

drat

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
okay, so, what you perceive as "self" and "other" are really just 4th dimensional intersections in higher-dimensional space. sort of like how a hand passing through a 2-dimensional plane would look like 5 circles appearing from nowhere as your fingers pass through, then growing and then joining together as you get to the palm. at any point, from the perspective of the 2-dimensional plane, it's circles, but the reality is that it's a hand. humans are the equivalent of the imaginary "circles"- we haven't realized what we are yet, but if you recognize time as the fourth dimension and travel backwards, the present moment as you perceive it is just the tip of this 4th-dimensional "tendril". it's an extension of who you were an instant ago, which was an extension of who you were an instant before that, which was an extension of who you were an instant before that, all the way back until you were a single zygote in your mother's womb. and your mother, likewise, extends backwards all the way until she was a single zygote in her mother's womb. all the way back, all the way back. the zygotes, too, go further back, until you were a pair of gametes, and even further until those gametes were assembled from proteins, and those proteins came from other biological life, with energy from the sun and the molecules of the atmosphere. and those go back, across the universe, all the way back to the big bang. essentially, viewed fourth dimensionally all matter is actually a complex web of tendrils upon tendrils extending from the same origin point. we're not separate from each other, we're fingers on the same hand, we just don't know it because our perception is limited to the third dimension
he reason people see ufos in old paintings from biblical times and sshit, it's not that they're aliens, that's just the cultural context we're applying to them. back then, a light in the sky, an otherwordly power, that was angels and demons and gods and spirits- everybody "knew" the mysterious lights in the sky were angels, because they didn't have machines that glow and shoot across the sky. we have that, and so that's what we think when we see those lights, but really that's just us applying a meaning to the same phenomenon. what people think are aliens are not actually from outer space any more than they were angels, they're higher dimensional beings. they reason they seem capable of impossible feats, disappearing in the blink of an eye, poo poo like that, is we're not really seeing "them", we're seeing intersections of higher-dimensional beings in terms we're capable of understanding, which is not the whole picture. we're seeing the circles and applying meaning to the circles, we still haven't seen the hand
those high-dimensional beings, they're not just visitors. I don't want to say they put us here, because that's kind of reductive, but the lower dimensional space we exist in is necessary, in their plane of existence, to grow things. almost like how a 2d blueprint is used to build something in 3d, but more involved than that. we're like a larva being grown in a petri dish. and that's the meaning of life. we're like cells in a fetus, part of a greater organism, following the instructions encoded into us in order to build something according to a higher plan more complex than we're capable of understanding. a cell in a fetus' heart doesn't know it's a heart, it's following its encoding biological instructions, hey, make a cell like this. and it's all... it came from a zygote that had those instructions and passed them along, all starting in a single cell. our zygote with the instructions for all this was the big bang

anyway that's the basics but I think you might need to get abducted to really "get" it idk
you mightve heard some poo poo like this before and that's because they keep telling us all the same poo poo, because we're coming to a point where there will be a change in our understanding and we need to recognize what we are in context of the whole. essentially, to go back to the "cells in an organism" metaphor, we're just about done building the cells necessary for the organism to be born, and there's kind of a switch that needs to happen. we're exiting the womb. it's horrifying, to the unborn infant, because this warm, safe place, the only home we've ever known, is ejecting us, because we need to leave, it's time, and from our perspective it's like all of reality is becoming toxic, but it's all part of a greater process, there's a larger reality we can't even imagine waiting for us just outside of the greater cosmic vagina, and these higher-dimensional beings, they're like the old man in jurassic park gleefully encouraging the baby dinosaur to break out of the egg, he knows what we're supposed to do and he's rooting for us, you know?
we're supposed to pass this along. they always tell us the same poo poo, and part of it is to spread the word. like, the dinosaur in the egg, this concept is like the baby really using a muscle for the first time. not even breaking out of the egg, just realizing there's a muscle there, and the first awkward, uncoordinated flailing of the limb. the meme, like the classical sense of the word meme, the idea of recognizing this unity, it's the first synapse, the first electrical signal down the nerve. the infrastructure for understanding it is here, people generally understand what higher-dimensional space is, the smart people have done the math, and it got passed to the rest of us if not in a classroom than in movies and pop culture, everything's in place for the system to start making sense and working as it's intended. it's going to take a long time, like, a really long time, longer than any of us will be around for, but where we are right now is in that moment just before the first muscle moves

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Cubone posted:

okay, so, what you perceive as "self" and "other" are really just 4th dimensional intersections in higher-dimensional space. sort of like how a hand passing through a 2-dimensional plane would look like 5 circles appearing from nowhere as your fingers pass through, then growing and then joining together as you get to the palm. at any point, from the perspective of the 2-dimensional plane, it's circles, but the reality is that it's a hand. humans are the equivalent of the imaginary "circles"- we haven't realized what we are yet, but if you recognize time as the fourth dimension and travel backwards, the present moment as you perceive it is just the tip of this 4th-dimensional "tendril". it's an extension of who you were an instant ago, which was an extension of who you were an instant before that, which was an extension of who you were an instant before that, all the way back until you were a single zygote in your mother's womb. and your mother, likewise, extends backwards all the way until she was a single zygote in her mother's womb. all the way back, all the way back. the zygotes, too, go further back, until you were a pair of gametes, and even further until those gametes were assembled from proteins, and those proteins came from other biological life, with energy from the sun and the molecules of the atmosphere. and those go back, across the universe, all the way back to the big bang. essentially, viewed fourth dimensionally all matter is actually a complex web of tendrils upon tendrils extending from the same origin point. we're not separate from each other, we're fingers on the same hand, we just don't know it because our perception is limited to the third dimension
he reason people see ufos in old paintings from biblical times and sshit, it's not that they're aliens, that's just the cultural context we're applying to them. back then, a light in the sky, an otherwordly power, that was angels and demons and gods and spirits- everybody "knew" the mysterious lights in the sky were angels, because they didn't have machines that glow and shoot across the sky. we have that, and so that's what we think when we see those lights, but really that's just us applying a meaning to the same phenomenon. what people think are aliens are not actually from outer space any more than they were angels, they're higher dimensional beings. they reason they seem capable of impossible feats, disappearing in the blink of an eye, poo poo like that, is we're not really seeing "them", we're seeing intersections of higher-dimensional beings in terms we're capable of understanding, which is not the whole picture. we're seeing the circles and applying meaning to the circles, we still haven't seen the hand
those high-dimensional beings, they're not just visitors. I don't want to say they put us here, because that's kind of reductive, but the lower dimensional space we exist in is necessary, in their plane of existence, to grow things. almost like how a 2d blueprint is used to build something in 3d, but more involved than that. we're like a larva being grown in a petri dish. and that's the meaning of life. we're like cells in a fetus, part of a greater organism, following the instructions encoded into us in order to build something according to a higher plan more complex than we're capable of understanding. a cell in a fetus' heart doesn't know it's a heart, it's following its encoding biological instructions, hey, make a cell like this. and it's all... it came from a zygote that had those instructions and passed them along, all starting in a single cell. our zygote with the instructions for all this was the big bang

anyway that's the basics but I think you might need to get abducted to really "get" it idk
you mightve heard some poo poo like this before and that's because they keep telling us all the same poo poo, because we're coming to a point where there will be a change in our understanding and we need to recognize what we are in context of the whole. essentially, to go back to the "cells in an organism" metaphor, we're just about done building the cells necessary for the organism to be born, and there's kind of a switch that needs to happen. we're exiting the womb. it's horrifying, to the unborn infant, because this warm, safe place, the only home we've ever known, is ejecting us, because we need to leave, it's time, and from our perspective it's like all of reality is becoming toxic, but it's all part of a greater process, there's a larger reality we can't even imagine waiting for us just outside of the greater cosmic vagina, and these higher-dimensional beings, they're like the old man in jurassic park gleefully encouraging the baby dinosaur to break out of the egg, he knows what we're supposed to do and he's rooting for us, you know?
we're supposed to pass this along. they always tell us the same poo poo, and part of it is to spread the word. like, the dinosaur in the egg, this concept is like the baby really using a muscle for the first time. not even breaking out of the egg, just realizing there's a muscle there, and the first awkward, uncoordinated flailing of the limb. the meme, like the classical sense of the word meme, the idea of recognizing this unity, it's the first synapse, the first electrical signal down the nerve. the infrastructure for understanding it is here, people generally understand what higher-dimensional space is, the smart people have done the math, and it got passed to the rest of us if not in a classroom than in movies and pop culture, everything's in place for the system to start making sense and working as it's intended. it's going to take a long time, like, a really long time, longer than any of us will be around for, but where we are right now is in that moment just before the first muscle moves

drat it derek, you've converted me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cubone posted:

what's alans take on this

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

it's the one thing you should be expected to sort for yourself, from nothing, with your bootstraps. you should not want to be told what to do with your fuckin life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i smoked some weed just a minute ago and i think i have it figured out