Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

GalacticAcid posted:

It is quite simply time to embrace the Pittsburgh Pirates my friend. The act of rooting for them is itself a form of cosmic penance, a purifying gauntlet of suffering and defeat. Makes u strong.

They have a dope new logo but I've settled my heart on a certain cursed team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Go Ms

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Jupiter Jazz posted:

It's not too late to bandwagon my Nationals! You get hate from unfortunate Expos fans who live in the past and modern Expos fans who never saw them play! You also get to see Max Scherzer a lot, and that's always great. Plus, you know, they were the guys that won when

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Come to Toronto, we have a Biggio.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

C'mon down to Angels town. We have Trout and Ohtani and Tommy John and Tony Danza.

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 11, 2020

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Let's go Mets!

gently caress DH

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gerblederp posted:

Come to Toronto, we have a Biggio.

The Jays also have an objectively great logo and color scheme

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao imagining if someone did this to hunter strickland
https://twitter.com/MyKBO/status/1281977052522885120?s=20

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao imagining if someone did this to hunter strickland
https://twitter.com/MyKBO/status/1281977052522885120?s=20

I can feel that catchers death stare

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

oh wow turns out test delays have consequences

https://twitter.com/HannahRKeyser/status/1281994753417125890

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Your Honor, I’d like to present Exhibit J in “This Season Ain’t Happening” to the court

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1282006906777804802

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

aroldis tests positive

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Astros cancelled a team workout:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There's just no loving way we have an actual season under these conditions. No way.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's just no loving way we have an actual season under these conditions. No way.

I'm just wondering if we cancel before opening day, or if we end up with a week's worth of official games that go in the record books.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LTgNVwfMAE&t=42s

it's still good, it's still good

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Florida is opening up Disney World today, there is no bounds to corporate greed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep thinking/hoping sports are gonna be the big eye opener for a second time. America started taking poo poo seriously when the NBA shut down and everyone else followed. That change in routine hosed us up. Now I think the return of sports is feeding the idea that "things are getting back to normal" and encouraging people to relax. But it seems inevitable that MLB is gonna have to shut down and I expect NBA soon after. And maybe that will scare people again and prove that these half assed bubbles and protective measures won't work. If you can't get a few hundred grown millionaires to wear masks and stay safe how are you gonna get millions of kids to? It ain't gonna work.

Please save us with your greed and incompetence, MLB.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i have been saying this for the last two months, but when the nfl shuts down, all hell is going to break loose. mlb doesn't have the sway the nfl does, but its closure will cause some pause. the nfl's closure is when we wake up and stocks crumble again and biden hits like +20.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the nfl will play on a pile of corpses and then release a bunch of flag-waving commercial about pervererance

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they were building a giant dome or electrified fences to make the NFL season possible.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

the nfl will play on a pile of corpses and then release a bunch of flag-waving commercial about pervererance

how many QBs will have to be incapacitated or deceased before someone signs colin

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh, they'll try to play and will probably get a few weeks into it. but i either think the players strike or it gets too overwhelming or something apocalyptic happens.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/vinnieduber/status/1282044454174679051?s=21

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Let's go Mets!

gently caress DH

oh no :mets:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Popete posted:

Florida is opening up Disney World today, there is no bounds to corporate greed.
I mean yes but players are getting sick left and right, and more guys are opting out every day. That on top of the fact that they can't get the testing done fast enough means that you are going to have situations where players/team personnel are sick without knowing it and could infect many others.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
At this point it’s probably easier to take bets on which team will have a covid-related player/staff/coach death first.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At this point it’s probably easier to take bets on which team will have a covid-related player/staff/coach death first.

Mets, next

johncandy
Jun 29, 2020

by Athanatos

abelwingnut posted:

i have been saying this for the last two months, but when the nfl shuts down, all hell is going to break loose. mlb doesn't have the sway the nfl does, but its closure will cause some pause. the nfl's closure is when we wake up and stocks crumble again and biden hits like +20.

I'm incredibly worried but also feel certain its going to go the exact opposite and if we keep not having sports to watch people will go full chud and demand athletes start dying ASAP.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't predict the future but most indications we have seem to suggest that the "some people are just gonna have to die" approach Republicans have tried hasn't gone over so great with the general public.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I can't predict the future but most indications we have seem to suggest that the "some people are just gonna have to die" approach Republicans have tried hasn't gone over so great with the general public.
Look if we just shove enough bodies into the giant machine labeled The Economy, everything will be fine!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I can definitely see "maybe some black athletes need to die for the economy" going over better with some people. But its being accompanied by "maybe grandma has to die" turning into "maybe you kid needs to die or kill grandma" so... I think its gonna be a hard sell.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1282076365190299648?s=21

https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/1282082938650267651?s=21

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Even without delays it turns out you can get a highly communicable virus at any time!

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1282021012339666944

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
ed: Dumb post

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 12, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no love for Chapman (or Osuna) but like even putting aside the question of wishing ill on bad people or any other moral quandaries its still a bad thing when someone gets a highly communicable disease because there's other people who were and will be most certainly exposed to it through him.

There aren't a lot of silver linings with a pandemic unless you get really ghoulish.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hoooo boy. Some things will make you feel old.

I had a young medic partner last year who was squarely an adult, engaged and had several years of experience before coming to my agency.

He was born after Cobain died.

:emo::corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

STAC Goat posted:

There aren't a lot of silver linings with a pandemic unless you get really ghoulish.

:agreed:

can we please not go full PFC and decide who deserves the virus?