Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

crispix posted:

You have the same opinions and grasp of punctuation as a complete oval office I have to work with lol

:emptyquote:

Here's a pic of my cat snoozing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

crispix posted:

You have the same opinions and grasp of punctuation as a complete oval office I have to work with lol

hahahah what a coincidence!!!!

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

can you not stay in cspam?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

Could you take some personal responsibility to not be such a complete twat?

Socio-economic factors play a huge part in obesity.

If you're working two jobs to make ends meet, you don't have time or money to hit the gym, or buy home gym equipment or go for a run. You're working two jobs because you and your family couldn't afford the university education you needed to get a higher paying job.

Hence you end up fat because the government, instead of making university free, charged 11k a year for it, and took the money it could have spent subsidising university fees on stupid poo poo like buying GPS satellites that don't work.

Also: gently caress off you tedious poo poo.

I am not shunning any responsibility of being a complete oval office. You bite too easily.

Can't afford university? You do know there are no up-front costs to go to university.

The whole idea that people can not afford to go to university is a complete lie. You 1) get a loan for tuition fees and maintenance costs 2) you only end up paying any of that back when you earn 25k+. That said, you are cucked for 30 years with 40k worth of debt, forcing you to either be Wagey Wojak or pay off the loan.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 11, 2020

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

It's not polite to include others in your fetish without consent

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Natalie Fartman posted:

:actually: the definitions of healthy weight and obesity are inherently racist as they were defined primarily around white men. The reasons for ethnic minority communities being badly affected by coronavirus and also lifestyle diseases goes way way beyond weight alone and into a ton of socio-economic stuff.

OK sure but the inherent racial/gender bias of BMI doesn't explain why BME communities are disproportionately affected by Covid. Of course the reasons why they are disproportionately affected have everything to do with years of austerity and systemic racism keeping them at the bottom. I was just refuting the idea that it's racist to target specific communities for healthcare initiatives based on risk and prevalence.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NGC773 posted:

I am not shunning any responsibility of being a complete oval office. You bite too easily.

Can't afford university? You do know there are no up-front costs to go to university.

The whole idea that people can not afford to go to university is a complete lie. You 1) get a loan for tuition fees and maintenance costs 2) you only end up paying any of that back when you earn 25k+. That said, you are cucked for 30 years with 40k worth of debt, forcing you to either be Wagey Wojak or pay off the loan.

go away you strange, sad little person

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

go away you strange, sad little person

Why so angry?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the whole 'you must university to £££' thing is not so much of a truth anymore imo. folks in the trades for example are making bank hand over fist without so much as a bachelors.

NGC773 posted:

cucked

Wagey Wojak

but this is some 4chan poo poo

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

kecske posted:

the whole 'you must university to £££' thing is not so much of a truth anymore imo. folks in the trades for example are making bank hand over fist without so much as a bachelors.

but this is some 4chan poo poo

Yeah electricians, plumbers... etc have a far higher wage on average compared to the average recent graduate. Pushing everyone to uni is wrong.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've been to three universities and it didn't do me any harm.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you are pissflaps and i claim my free fedora

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NGC773 posted:

Why so angry?

go away you strange, sad person

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Steakandchips posted:

:emptyquote:

Here's a pic of my cat snoozing:

Congrats on having a kitty that sleeps in a kitty bed. Seems like a rare thing :radcat:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw an advert for an app aimed at people who keep losing track of all their pension plans, and I think I'm ready to guillotine some bourgeois motherfuckers.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

OG crew rollcalllllllll

ratty-j checkin in

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Sunswipe posted:

Just saw an advert for an app aimed at people who keep losing track of all their pension plans, and I think I'm ready to guillotine some bourgeois motherfuckers.

I mean i've been there but only because I moved jobs quite a bit in a few years :/

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ratjaculation posted:

OG crew rollcalllllllll

ratty-j checkin in

I'm more of a derivative gangster myself

Also lol at the idea that being saddled with tens of thousands of pounds in debt doesn't put people off going to uni, it seriously loving does, especially people more likely to actually put a degree to good use like smart and driven people from disadvantaged backgrounds and mature students who know what they want to do rather than studying a "degree in whatever" subject like English or Psychology* and ending up with a mid tier civil service job

*yes some people do both these subjects with a specific, related career path in mind, but they are both classic "no idea, this sounds sorta interesting i guess" subjects

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

OG crew rollcalllllllll

ratty-j checkin in

we don't know who's og crew because bobby deleted all the records in the op to hide his crimes

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

we don't know who's og crew because bobby deleted all the records in the op to hide his crimes

Only one way to deal with that.
*opens van rear doors*

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I'm not OG but I'm allowed to stick around right

Assuming I'm ok after I lock myself in my house indefinitely and not earn any money and starve/get evicted because I am personally responsible for my own social distancing as a high risk person, even though everyone around me has stopped doing that so my only choice is to be a shut in

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

This thread needed new members desperately so all some are welcome

Unrelated but Vitty and I are both getting new patos next month

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if you think this is some epstein poo poo i can assure you a chris grayling scenario is far more likely

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

You outsourced OP duties to someone who'd never seen a computer?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

This thread needed new members desperately so all some are welcome

Unrelated but Vitty and I are both getting new patos next month

congrats, i didn't know you'd moved in together

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

*muffled thumps* look i can assure you *steps on rake* that there are perfectly good explainations for all of these issues *door handle rattling* which i will be happy to provide *coats rustling* as soon as i get out of this cupboard

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm waiting for NGC to demand to fight someone in a pub carpark

That seems to be how these situations usually end

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Not an OG but I enjoy posting about Lidl croissants :shobon:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

they are good! i've not been to lidl since lockdown began, i assume the fresh stuff isn't happening atm

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

The lidl in my town is too far away to justify it on foot so I am deprived of lidl croissants

I'm gonna loving have a croissant tomorrow though. yes i am.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

im gonna do an online shop from iceland tomorrow

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

hello

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I went shopping today, why didn't I get some loving croissants. Now you've mentioned croissants and all I can think about is how I haven't tasted their buttery goodness in months. Even the end-of-day ones that look like someone trod on them would do me right now.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

they are good! i've not been to lidl since lockdown began, i assume the fresh stuff isn't happening atm

Cant speak for your lidl but mine's bakery is open now.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I was in Lidl this week, I was really excited to try one of their croissants after this thread talked about them. Sold out :(

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

red cucktober standing by

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does lidl still do cheese twists? Those were always my favourites.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Some of these new posters have pretty good gimmicks