Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Slippery Tilde
i make it a point to go to popeyes on mardi gras now and they never do anything or have anything up for it which is really weird imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

smith and wolensky ftw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

the worst part of the whole quiltbag-hating chicken chain is it's not even that good, popeye's is vastly superior

i'll confess, i ate a lot of chik fil a years ago because they were in the next door spot in the mall. as they transitioned from Oddly Sweet and Very Customer Oriented to Idpol Chud Chicken, the quality went SO downhill.

their thing where they keep the soda fountains at the counter and you have to bother one of the poor overworked counter staff teens for a refill is super weird.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I don't really eat meat but I think they had p.deece waffle fries?

Is that them?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah they have (or at least had) good waffle fries. but portions were small for the price.

Now i'm going to thaw out a bag of chicken and make my clone recipe nuggets. they're very good.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the reason the fried stuff is so good there is mainly just because they put $1700 of peanut oil in their fryers.

that poo poo's really good and lasts a long time, but it is also 20 dollars a gallon

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
5 Guys also has fries that I think were p.deece?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

their thing where they keep the soda fountains at the counter and you have to bother one of the poor overworked counter staff teens for a refill is super weird.

I assume this is some dumbshit middle manager who has made their career crusading against "stolen" soda refills for thirty years.

The McDonald's I go to has started using cups with RFID tags on the bottom and the soda fountain blinks up a warning when you use it that says you have 59 minutes and 1 refill remaining. I'm sure the 175 million dollars they spent on that system will pay for itself

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

I assume this is some dumbshit middle manager who has made their career crusading against "stolen" soda refills for thirty years.

love to subject my 17 year old southern baptist employees to a constant flow of chud cups full of covid backwash as my tireless worker sprays pressurized soda into the petri dish

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's just fried chicken. There's one here that has a full time traffic cop because it's so busy. Turns out leaning into the chud market can still make you shitloads of money

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the modern clientele is like 70% people that wear exclusively under armor clothing and all have nineteen blonde kids with ears that stick out too much. all of them either just got out of soccer or karate. the dads have oakleys on backwards and the moms all have hydroflasks and alex and ani bracelets. the drive through is 100% SUVs and CUVs. not a sedan in sight.

(there's one across the street from my old laundromat and i'd people watch)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's the same crowd that bum rushes every diner Sunday afternoon and leaves a church business card as a tip

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why isn't there a chris's ruth steak house by now and then we can do the new york pizza thing where all of them are named some permutation of _____ _____ ray's pizza

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

the reason the fried stuff is so good there is mainly just because they put $1700 of peanut oil in their fryers.

that poo poo's really good and lasts a long time, but it is also 20 dollars a gallon

i think they clean the gently caress out of them frequently, and keep everything separated, too. like they only fry fries in the fry fryer. regular chicken is in another fryer and spicy chicken is in yet another fryer.

but anyway they are not very good and popeyes and bojangles are vastly superior

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

The McDonald's I go to has started using cups with RFID tags on the bottom and the soda fountain blinks up a warning when you use it that says you have 59 minutes and 1 refill remaining. I'm sure the 175 million dollars they spent on that system will pay for itself

this is the kind of thing to make me repeatedly refill my cup and dump it down the drain out of spite

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

alex and ani bracelets.

Wasn't there another chain that did these? Pandora or some poo poo?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Endless Mike posted:

i think they clean the gently caress out of them frequently, and keep everything separated, too. like they only fry fries in the fry fryer. regular chicken is in another fryer and spicy chicken is in yet another fryer.

but anyway they are not very good and popeyes and bojangles are vastly superior

yeah. there was a big hubbub when they introduced their spicy chicken sandwich because they had to install an extra fryer in all the restaurants. some of them were too small to take another one and if you don't offer the full menu you lose your franchise license i think

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

big midwestern energy to detect that oil has previously has a chick-fil-a spicy sandwich cooked in it. this sandwich is too spicy for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

big midwestern energy to detect that oil has previously has a chick-fil-a spicy sandwich cooked in it. this sandwich is too spicy for me

that's exactly what it is lmao

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i like popeyes, their chicken and sandwiches are good. there are just a handful in the northeast though, and they're always slammed so i haven't gone since corona. feel bad for food service workers, which was already a hard job before the virus

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that popeyes chicken sandwich is legit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PokeJoe posted:

this guy here not being on board with Spicy Homeopathy :o:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i finally got a popeyes chicken sandwich a couple months ago. i didnt get one at release because i didnt want to be one of those assholes overworking the staff during the explosion

It's alright. i probably wouldn't pay $8.49 for it again. there are local joints that do much better ones at 12 bucks, might as well tier up. might get good fries then.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i finally got a popeyes chicken sandwich a couple months ago. i didnt get one at release because i didnt want to be one of those assholes overworking the staff during the explosion

It's alright. i probably wouldn't pay $8.49 for it again. there are local joints that do much better ones at 12 bucks, might as well tier up. might get good fries then.

just the sandwich is $4, the markup on their combos is more than double for that small side and drink

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fast food combos are loving ridiculous now yeah. you can buy a fourteen dollar combo with a single sandwich at mcdonalds

i mean i know, inflation is a thing but

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

huh must have accidentally clicked the cyberpunk thread instead of the covid one

no seriously what

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

fast food combos are loving ridiculous now yeah. you can buy a fourteen dollar combo with a single sandwich at mcdonalds

i mean i know, inflation is a thing but

if i'm ever at a fast food chain i only ever order off the dollar menu or whatever they have anymore. wendy's 4 for 4 thing is pretty good.

if i have to pay 8, 10, 12 dollars for a compete meal i'll just go anywhere loving else

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah I would never eat at Ruth’s Chris now, it got sold to an investment company and they immediately moved to Florida and didn’t replace the OG location after it got destroyed.

if you do ever make it to New Orleans there are _really_ good steak places, they are 💯% worth it.

then again there is a ton of really good food there, and I hope covid doesn’t kill it too badly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

freeasinbeer posted:

oh yeah I would never eat at Ruth’s Chris now, it got sold to an investment company and they immediately moved to Florida and didn’t replace the OG location after it got destroyed.

if you do ever make it to New Orleans there are _really_ good steak places, they are 💯% worth it.

then again there is a ton of really good food there, and I hope covid doesn’t kill it too badly.

i will always front port of call if you’re anywhere near the french quarter.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Slippery Tilde

freeasinbeer posted:

their economy is hosed - it's almost entirely hospitality industry and tourism

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i finally got one when they came back. i was very unimpressed. i'll stick to spicy tenders there and go across town to a local black-owned spot if i want a chicken sandwich

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

There's a chicken place here that used to be owned by a couple but they got a divorce and the one that didn't get the business opened a competetor with the same menu. They're both pretty good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SO DEMANDING posted:

huh must have accidentally clicked the cyberpunk thread instead of the covid one

no seriously what

pseudorandom name posted:

this is the kind of thing to make me repeatedly refill my cup and dump it down the drain out of spite

Aha, this is exactly what that is meant to prevent! Mean spirited vandals who want to hurt poor McDonald's by wasting valuable food.

But yep take a look at the bottom of you McDonald's cup next time you're there. Might be a little sticker like they put between the pages of a book

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Aha, this is exactly what that is meant to prevent! Mean spirited vandals who want to hurt poor McDonald's by wasting valuable food.

But yep take a look at the bottom of you McDonald's cup next time you're there. Might be a little sticker like they put between the pages of a book

https://www.validfill.com/

gonna have to take my proxmark to mcdonald’s now.

this is in place to stop two things. first, people who get a water cup and then fill it with soda. second, homeless people who find a cup in the trash and consume soda and space without paying for it. one of these groups deserves this bullshit and the other does not.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Midjack posted:

https://www.validfill.com/

gonna have to take my proxmark to mcdonald’s now.

this is in place to stop two things. first, people who get a water cup and then fill it with soda. second, homeless people who find a cup in the trash and consume soda and space without paying for it. one of these groups deserves this bullshit and the other does not.

neither deserves it hth

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

smith and wolensky ftw

literally who

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

President Beep posted:

literally who

apparently it's another fancy steakhouse chain. i worked at a steakhouse for a few years, and they had fine food but i hardly ever eat steak now. guess i'm kinda tired of it after having it always around like that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

thanks to this thread i went and got popeye's. :yum:

pro tip though: always get the spicy one. it's the least spicy "spicy" thing on the planet. it has a faint aroma of hot sauce in the breading and that's it. those cinnamon hearts you get on valentine's day are hotter.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

those cinnamon hearts you get on valentine's day are hotter.

Hey, I like those!

E: Hot Tamales are better though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

haveblue posted:

why isn't there a chris's ruth steak house by now and then we can do the new york pizza thing where all of them are named some permutation of _____ _____ ray's pizza

“not ray’s pizza” was my favorite of those

dunno if they’re still around tho