Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
this was so aggressively stupid lmao

https://streamable.com/lq8v16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
sooooooo, what about that HenryG guy huh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

oh gently caress. that poor woman. that was a hard read, and she was way too nice about him

what absolute scum

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is this the same caster who had a gamer moment on stream or someone else?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Is this the same caster who had a gamer moment on stream or someone else?

that was Sadokist, wouldn't be surprised to hear a story or two come out about him too.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jeza posted:

Ahh poo poo what's he done? I liked HenryG

E: found it. gently caress that guy

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 22, 2020

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
gently caress him. It'd be great to never see him on a stream again.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i just keep getting away with it

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
All those who jumped on the Henry G is garbage train here is his response. Sounds like she is a psycho. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTF_lISzOx1xQNL-0elKVmitIWpWeoHTPghWVmy_mPKMVUapN6e12gFcbM1sZgMcLISmew-zo-UOngK/pub

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Lol yikes

I like henryG so I'm glad he's okay(?)

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

Famethrowa posted:

oh gently caress. that poor woman. that was a hard read, and she was way too nice about him

what absolute scum

rofl

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I mean let’s not be laughing at guy believing a rape story? I’m glad he had receipts and all but come on this ain’t a hltv fourm

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
henry "slumpy" g

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 4, 2020

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

henry "lowtax" g

please edit this post now

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol for context this is one of the dudes from a nazi forum who is mad that the Brigador game dev got exposed for being a nazi

also, he may not have raped, but he's still a slimy abusive piece of poo poo!!!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKfZmcvo_2g

Not all heroes wear capes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lol that's pretty cool i wonder if the dude sent his cheat to valve so that they could add signature checks and ban them

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
downloaded that beta anti cheat thing and first got a hvh lobby and then a game with a couple of super fishy teammates, all on what I believe is high trust factor

cool!!!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I played CS back in high school around 2001-2002, and then played in college including a bit of time with Source, but stopped playing (pretty much all games) until earlier on this year with the lockdown situation, when I started playing CSGO. I'm cheap so I am playing on a Surface Pro hooked up to a 27" monitor so all graphics settings basically live on low. I spent about 200 hours playing a mix of casual, deathmatch, and arms race until I hit account level 21 and unlocked prime matchmaking.

I started playing competitive at about 220 hours (up to about 260 total by now) and it's been an eyeopener. I have inconsistent and limited time to play (work/dad duties and my setup is in my bedroom so if my wife wants to go to bed that shuts things down too) so have just been solo queuing. The highest ranked player I've been matched with has been Silver Elite. Most games it's been mostly Silvers II-IV but regardless I get absolutely stomped.

I'm currently at a 2-2-13 record, all on Dust II as I've been focusing on it as it's the map I know best, and so haven't unlocked my rank yet, but when I compare my performance against my teammates I can't imagine I'm anything but Silver I.

I know frags aren't everything, but in addition to my losing record, I'm also consistently my team's bottom fragger, and have yet to have a positive kill/death ratio (average 9 kills, 4 assists, and 20 deaths per match, average HS % of 37%).

I'm limiting myself to one or two competitive matches per day max, and also am realizing that if I'm feeling mentally drained or tired from the day it's probably not a good idea to play anyways.

Issues -

- Aim - My HS% is usually lowest on my team. If I get rushed 1v3 as the sole guy on B as CT and don't get any kills I am not beating myself up, but I still have too many firefights where I get killed without inflicting any damage. And I am consistently losing 1v1s where I inflict a decent amount of damage but still end up getting killed. It's not uncommon for me to hit 3 times for something like 83 while getting hit 4 times for 112. In long range shootouts I almost always lose. To address this, I've been trying to start every session with some time on aimbotz before doing a round of deathmatch and then a round or two of casual before jumping into competitive. My mouse sensitivity is set at or slightly below 1.0.

- Picking My Battles - when to push/when to fall back, when to walk and check every possible hiding spot, when to run knife out somewhere. I still don't trust my judgement here and I'll frequently have teammates yelling at me for holding a site instead of pushing or for pushing when I should have held. But I don't know if it's realistic to expect anything more than a couple hits for 22 if I get rushed long by multiple guys with AKs and all I have is an MP5.

- Economy - still trying to get a handle on this. I've been trying to follow advice given in the OP (have the screenshots on my phone next to me when I play) but still often end up in trouble in late rounds where all I can afford is a MAC-10 against five rifles. I rarely have teammates who call a save or a buy so am relying on guesswork most of the time.

I stick with AK and M4A1s when I can afford them. I never buy AWP but will pick one up off the ground if it seems to make sense in a given situation. I'm still trying to figure out what utility to buy - when is it better to have helmet or a smoke? I rarely buy a kit on CT because I almost never make it to the end of the round, don't know how dumb that is but seems like at this point it's better to upgrade gun/armor to try and last longer and when I can last longer then start worrying about the kit.

- Strategy / Callouts - I'm sticking with Dust II and for the most part have callouts down, and also am learning the most common strategies teams will go with, plant locations, etc. I try to stick with my team not go off on lone wolf adventures, particularly as T though also on CT when we get eyes on the bomb. I stay off the mic during the round except to give real information (double flash long, 1 at X, 2 at long one hit for 77, etc.) and have made some decent improvement there since starting, but have a deficit in things like smokes and flashes, which I'm slowly trying to chip away at by adding a new one per week or so.

Generally my teammates have been ok. I have only had votes to kick me called once and it didn't pass, and the most harsh comments I've gotten are "what is wrong with you" and "could you get some kills please" but I hate being a drag on my team.

Anyhoo, TLDR CSGO is hard, I would like to not suck, I'm trying to do the right stuff, guess I just need to grind some more?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the classic advice is keep your xhair at head level and try to learn how to spray at least 10 of your bullets (find the map recoil master and practice AK and m4's sprays a couple times before matches, nothing too crazy)
keep in mind at what distances its good to spray, vs burst, versus tap. this is at your discretion since when to go for bursts vs sprays depends on your ability and confidence spraying.
as a CT if you know the enemy team has AKs its usually smart to not buy helmet.
smokes are the most important grenade, so if you can buy them.
hs% is not the most important stat in the game, just try to make fights as unfair as possible for the other guy like making him engage 2 of you at once, usually resulting in a trade if someone goes down.

also word of caution, just cause youre in silver 2 does not mean youll face real silver 2s. a lot of people love to smurf and stomp. i was surprised just how many people do that when i got another account to play with my friends. so dont get too discouraged about losing too much.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

butros posted:

I'm currently at a 2-2-13 record, all on Dust II as I've been focusing on it as it's the map I know best, and so haven't unlocked my rank yet, but when I compare my performance against my teammates I can't imagine I'm anything but Silver I.

stop queuing dust2, it's the puggiest of maps and chances are you're being queued against smurfs.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
in general if youve got around-ish 4000 bucks you will want to save/eco unless your team has bought/forced/someone saved an awp and needs support to not get rushed. you can check their cash with tab and work from there, and in the buy menu you can see if they bought kevlar, helmet, what weapon, nades, etc. its always best to go with the flow of your team so that money and eco/force/buys are in sync

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Post some match demo links. Easiest way to see how you play.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Post the demos, bare your shame to the world

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Probably #1 thing without even watching a demo is be mindful of your cross-hair; stop looking at the ground, look at where the persons head will be if they come around a corner/you are rounding the corner so you have less need to move to shoot them, also probably lower your sensitivity.

Along with a demo, post your dpi+in game sens so everyone can argue about it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I got to silver elite a while ago but I play only occasionally. Now I normally chill in the mid solvers. The biggest thing for getting better for me was playing goonmans.

If the server is in good vibes mode people are chill and give you advice which you can immediately try out. I'm still poo poo, but my CT play got a lot better because it's about holding angles and knowing when to retreat.

Also I was too happy when I got a kill to win a round to close the half and a goon was yelling about it on mic. I was 2-13.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

ArfJason posted:

the classic advice is keep your xhair at head level

Trying. I guess the proof is in the demo pudding, see below maybe if the links work?

quote:

as a CT if you know the enemy team has AKs its usually smart to not buy helmet.

smokes are the most important grenade, so if you can buy them.

hs% is not the most important stat in the game, just try to make fights as unfair as possible for the other guy like making him engage 2 of you at once, usually resulting in a trade if someone goes down.

also word of caution, just cause youre in silver 2 does not mean youll face real silver 2s. a lot of people love to smurf and stomp. i was surprised just how many people do that when i got another account to play with my friends. so dont get too discouraged about losing too much.

This is all really useful thanks.

Photex posted:

stop queuing dust2, it's the puggiest of maps and chances are you're being queued against smurfs.

What is a pug?

mcvey posted:

Post some match demo links. Easiest way to see how you play.

SealHammer posted:

Post the demos, bare your shame to the world

Do these links work I don't know how to touch computers? If so let my shame be complete. Playing as Matt Pike's Beer Gut.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-H9cvm-wkiSd-H2UXa-yLRhd-84fGH

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-23fOr-Pbzdk-Q8tFh-WQzmp-WhUzE

MF_James posted:

Along with a demo, post your dpi+in game sens so everyone can argue about it.

I don't know how to measure this?

I have a Logitech M510 which google says is 1000dpi and I don't know what that means other than it seems it's not a great mouse for gaming, go figure.

My in game sensitivity is set for .9, raw input on, mouse acceleration off.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

butros posted:

What is a pug?

Pick-up game. Refers to disorganized play. Dust2 definitely attracts lovely players. I have a decent time with teammates on Mirage, and the best luck on Overpass.

Also probably the most important thing at the beginning is practicing recoil. You're probably shooting over people's heads constantly. Download a recoil trainer and practice spraying with the AK and M4.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

quote:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-H9cvm-wkiSd-H2UXa-yLRhd-84fGH

- you didn't buy kevlar or a pistol on pistol round, I'd understand if you were saving for an AWP, but you bought a MAC-10 in the second round AND still didn't get kevlar; it ended up working out for you, but getting hit without body armor means you lose more HP and get aimpunched

- your crosshair placement is a big factor in your poor performance, you constantly keep your crosshair at knee or waist height, you should keep it at head height or chest height at worst; on many occasions you also kept your crosshair on the middle of a wall or other scenery - you should always keep it in a location where your opponents are likely to come from

- adding to the above, it looks like you try to aim by moving your entire body until the opponent is in your crosshair, you need to learn how to aim independently of moving

- I actually think you should increase your sens, if it takes you more than one arm/wrist movement to turn in another direction then your sens is too low

- you need to learn at least the basics of spray patterns, it's not obvious from the demo but it looks like you're not pulling down on the mouse at all, this video helped me a lot with this when I was starting out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4

- learn to use utility or don't use it at all, because you ended up flashing yourself on multiple occasions, plus when you do actually pull off a flash e.g. at mid doors, you seem to wait a full second or two before going through, by which time your opponent has already recovered; you can rank up at least to MG without mastering utility, maybe except for some basic smokes

- it takes you a long time to react to enemies when they appear, probably due to a lack of gamesense that will tell you when they are likely to appear and where, but that'll come with time

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

szary posted:

- you didn't buy kevlar or a pistol on pistol round, I'd understand if you were saving for an AWP,

- I actually think you should increase your sens,

No

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-B6Bw8baE

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

i think he should buy kevlar on a pistol round

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

cl_teamid_overhead_mode 2

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

The biggest thing for getting better for me was playing goonmans.

i want to believe

goonmans are a lot of fun

butros
Aug 2, 2007

quote:

Also probably the most important thing at the beginning is practicing recoil. You're probably shooting over people's heads constantly. Download a recoil trainer and practice spraying with the AK and M4.

Thanks for this. I have started working with a recoil trainer in a workshop map as a warmup.

szary posted:

- you didn't buy kevlar or a pistol on pistol round, I'd understand if you were saving for an AWP, but you bought a MAC-10 in the second round AND still didn't get kevlar; it ended up working out for you, but getting hit without body armor means you lose more HP and get aimpunched

Up Circle posted:

i think he should buy kevlar on a pistol round

I realized I misread the economy instructions from the OP where it says NOT to save. I've adjusted and have been buying kevlar in pistol round since seeing this with the logic that, particularly on CT if you're going up against glocks the armor might be the difference in a 1v1.

I'd be interested to know the difference in opinion on buying kevlar vs. not buying Kevlar though - two yays to one nay in the responses here?

szary posted:

- your crosshair placement is a big factor in your poor performance, you constantly keep your crosshair at knee or waist height, you should keep it at head height or chest height at worst; on many occasions you also kept your crosshair on the middle of a wall or other scenery - you should always keep it in a location where your opponents are likely to come from

- adding to the above, it looks like you try to aim by moving your entire body until the opponent is in your crosshair, you need to learn how to aim independently of moving

- you need to learn at least the basics of spray patterns, it's not obvious from the demo but it looks like you're not pulling down on the mouse at all, this video helped me a lot with this when I was starting out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4

Thanks these are really clear and helpful suggestions.

My fear is if I'm standing still I'll get hit, so I am trying to present a moving target. However as you point out I have a lot to work on with developing the coordination to keep my crosshair on the opponent while moving my body.

As mentioned above I have been starting to work on spray patterns (focused almost entirely on AK for now) in a few workshop maps but have a long way to go.

quote:

- learn to use utility or don't use it at all, because you ended up flashing yourself on multiple occasions, plus when you do actually pull off a flash e.g. at mid doors, you seem to wait a full second or two before going through, by which time your opponent has already recovered; you can rank up at least to MG without mastering utility, maybe except for some basic smokes

I needed to hear this. I realized feeling the pressure to have and use utility is a distraction "should I pull out a flash or smoke or just try to get the kill with the rifle?" By the time I think it through and decide the moment has usually passed. I am still using mollies on CT to slow rushes in certain areas if I have the cash and will grab a HE grenade if I feel I'm playing well as I feel like the learning curve on those isn't as steep, but I am slowing down on flashes and smokes for the time being to focus on aim/accuracy/gamesense.

Crimson posted:

Pick-up game. Refers to disorganized play. Dust2 definitely attracts lovely players. I have a decent time with teammates on Mirage, and the best luck on Overpass.

I had been putting off adding Mirage to my queue because while I've played it a bunch in casual I'm still learning proper callouts etc., but added it last night and played two matches.

First one we lost pretty badly but the second one had my best match ever - we won 16-7, I was top fragger for first time ever at 20-7-10 with 7 MVPs (admittedly everyone in the match was Silver I but still felt pretty good to have a "good" for me match)

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

butros posted:

I'd be interested to know the difference in opinion on buying kevlar vs. not buying Kevlar though - two yays to one nay in the responses here?

Right now you're probably best to just buy armor 100% of the time on pistol rounds but as you start to get more comfortable and rank improves you should start thinking about some map/position combos where having a kit and/or some utility would be more helpful to improve your team's chances of winning the round

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

butros posted:

To echo the poster above me, yeah, you should just be buying armor until you have a good handle on the game. It's one less thing to think about and in silver most of the hits you take will probably be to the body anyway. I personally tend to go kit\smoke on CT and pistol\smoke\flash on T depending on the map. You almost always need to fully re-buy armor just to add a helmet in the second round so I'd rather just spend that money once at this point.

butros posted:

I realized feeling the pressure to have and use utility is a distraction "should I pull out a flash or smoke or just try to get the kill with the rifle?" By the time I think it through and decide the moment has usually passed. I am still using mollies on CT to slow rushes in certain areas if I have the cash and will grab a HE grenade if I feel I'm playing well as I feel like the learning curve on those isn't as steep, but I am slowing down on flashes and smokes for the time being to focus on aim/accuracy/gamesense.

It's a good idea to focus on positioning and shooting but from a utility perspective I think smokes should be the first bit of utility you try to add. Even if you don't learn lineups for taking a site yet, being able to block vision when defending is big. In terms of usefulness, I would go with smoke\flash\molotov\he in that order.

Also, join the Discord and play with goons.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
hey look a fancy frag movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4o-wwXWzYo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's pretty good

Happen to know and occasionally play with the guys that edit the style prod videos, so i find it very unfair that there's no clips of me in there!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I'd estimate that I have at least one or two hackers on average per game. Sucks because I love this game but it might give me an anyeurism.