Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
40DDP

Besitos is open for guests! Come swim, get fruit, and chat with the villagers.

Free DIYs to the left of the airport; free stuff to the right.

Celeste is here, come and get your DIY!.

Sahashashra the rug camel is here too.

Sisters have Gladiator Sandals, Fuzzy Vests, Skull Tees, Camo Pants, Cyber Suits, Comedian Pants

I see Meteors occasionally, but they are really sparse. Might not be a full shower?

I've got flowers south of the Museum that could use watering :)

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Flubby posted:

I can't just leave Raymond can I?

You can and you should :twisted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Straight White Shark posted:

But not before putting out his campfire.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

40DDP

Besitos is open for guests! Come swim, get fruit, and chat with the villagers.

Free DIYs to the left of the airport; free stuff to the right.

Celeste is here, come and get your DIY!.

Sahashashra the rug camel is here too.

Sisters have Gladiator Sandals, Fuzzy Vests, Skull Tees, Camo Pants, Cyber Suits, Comedian Pants

I see Meteors occasionally, but they are really sparse. Might not be a full shower?

I've got flowers south of the Museum that could use watering :)

thats a big baby yoder

edit: thanks for the DIYs, your plaza looks really nice. had to bail fast bc my switch lite was running out of batteriess

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 11, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Straight White Shark posted:

please dont be unkind to my kemono friend

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Hello everyone! Kinetica is opening up again. The shops are pretty bleh today, buuut

Jolly Redd is here!!!
They have:
Fake-Scary Painting
Fake-Amazing Painting(a personal favorite)
Real!!!-Perfect Painting

I am also looking for the following items: 1xBlack Rattan Armchair, 1xBlack Simple Panel, 2xBlack Drink Machines, and 1xTiny Library(either the item or DIY recipe).
If you could donate any of these items I would super appreciate it!
I will be AFK, so if you have any of the above feel free to drop them in front of my house. Thanks in advance!!

Dodo code:closed

Thank you very much to whoever left the rattan armchair, and tiny library!!

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 11, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Prowler posted:

Weird. I had a tree with fruit in it that wouldn't fall out after shaking it. I haven't checked today to see if they became unstuck.

Does this still happen after reloading the game?

I have a similar issue. I just spotted a couple of orange trees that I would swear weren’t orange trees before. I moved all the fruit trees to a different location previously so it feels weird that I would have missed a couple for months.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I recently let some villager go and spent a bunch of tickets searching for a suitable neighbor. This is isn't the best representation of him, but this is Harry. He seems kind of basic but his moustache reminded me of Steve Harvey, especially Keenan Thompson's interpretation of him. His name is close enough to Harvey (and actual Harv/Harvy is a sex creep and I swear is an accidental (?) reference to Harvey Weinstein).

Ex.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kA2t2ytA8

I'm reading his dialog (internally) in a Steve Harvey voice and it is amazing. I haven't unlocked the ability to give him clothing yet (not sure how long that takes) but I'm gonna give him a fedora and a big rear end Steve Harvey outfit. I think if he gives me the chance for a catchphrase I'm going to give him "WHATTT?!" or "What did you SAY!?" a la family feud.

I'm happy with this choice.

Flubby posted:

I've done three Nook Mile runs to get new neighbors. I still got two I need to replace and I got an idea of who I want to replace them with. I'm actually scared of running into Raymond. I don't want him, but he's so popular and sought after I feel like I can't skip him. I can't just leave Raymond can I? Hearing he's not worth much now takes the pressure off some.

Wait. Do you mean you can just replace the ones you have if you're full or are you not full yet? I thought they didn't show up if you had a full roster in your town. I usually wait for them to ask to move out or gamble with a visiting camper if they're cool enough.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Flubby posted:

I've done three Nook Mile runs to get new neighbors. I still got two I need to replace and I got an idea of who I want to replace them with. I'm actually scared of running into Raymond. I don't want him, but he's so popular and sought after I feel like I can't skip him. I can't just leave Raymond can I? Hearing he's not worth much now takes the pressure off some.

Honestly I was tempted to leave him just so I could post the video to see if anyone would get mad. But I want him and Marshal to be best friends so I took him home.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

quote:

Wait. Do you mean you can just replace the ones you have if you're full or are you not full yet? I thought they didn't show up if you had a full roster in your town. I usually wait for them to ask to move out or gamble with a visiting camper if they're cool enough.

e:oops, I misunderstood. My town is full and I'm replacing.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 11, 2020

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thank you for explaining!

Bandit Hat
Sep 8, 2005
Potatoes are the all-time treat, they are good to chomp and good to eat!
Meteor shower! Celeste is here too, giving out a cosmos wand DIY. Saharah is also here. Come hang out if you like and wish on some stars! I’ll just be running along the beaches collecting Manila clams, my favorite flavor.

Dodo: Closed! Thanks for visiting!

Bandit Hat fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 11, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

man gently caress this game

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
There's a fishing tournament on beautiful Sharkfarts Island today!

I've only been playing for a couple weeks so the island isn't very elaborate, but we...got fish. Mabel is selling the Royal Crown for your Royal rear end.

Please don't cut down my trees or dig up flowers! And don't gently caress with Blanche. Trust me.

Dodo code: it over

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 11, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up for some fishing, come on over if you want to boost your rewards.

closed

Also Mabel's has motorcycle helmets, sailor outfits & Elvis costumes (all colors). Help yourself to the DIY/fossil/song pile. I don't care about trampled flowers so no worries about that if you gotta run to those fish.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 11, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I assume the rewards for the fishing tourney are the same as last time?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
No, idea, it's my first time! Only 30 mins left, though.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

I believe so. Makes sense. While some of us are inveterate poopsockers, other people have things called... "lives"? Anyway, it'd be bad if the pool of rewards for a single-day event was literally a 'one shot' affair. What *does* bug me, as someone who *did* poopsock the last tourney, so isn't taking part today, I can't just sell C.J my stuff in the manner of his normal visits.

Specifically talking about the stuff you catch while swimming. Though I just realised I'm *assuming* C.J buys that stuff too, since I've not had a normal C.J visit since swimming came in...

Or am I about to slap my foreheard when someone says if you do at least the *first* tourney, additional dialogue options open up thereafter?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he doesn't buy or make models of deep sea stuff

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

oddium posted:

he doesn't buy or make models of deep sea stuff

BOOOOooooooo! :argh:

Edit: But thanks for the clarification :smith:

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

magimix posted:

Or am I about to slap my foreheard when someone says if you do at least the *first* tourney, additional dialogue options open up thereafter?

He offers to buy other fish after the first round. You can't ask for a model though, which is kind of annoying because most of the fish I kept in my inventory were for models. Before the update I hadn't seen CJ in at least a month.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

KineticCapitalist posted:

Hello everyone! Kinetica is opening up again. The shops are pretty bleh today, buuut

I am also looking for the following items: 2xBlack Drink Machines
If you could donate any of these items I would super appreciate it!

I noticed you've been asking for these for a while. Next time you open I have two Black Drink Machines waiting. Sorry I missed your island this time!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

they are, looking at articles from april

last fishing tourney was the week before i got the game so im glad i can get these nice fish prints now

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I guess it makes sense the fishing tourney can be all year round once every four months cuz fish never really go out of season.

In comparison to how summer is so chock full of bugs the remaining nine months seem barren as hell without the locusts and beetles around.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Is there a dedicated turnip thread someplace?

Failing that, anybody got good prices?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

chmods please posted:

He offers to buy other fish after the first round. You can't ask for a model though, which is kind of annoying because most of the fish I kept in my inventory were for models. Before the update I hadn't seen CJ in at least a month.

The 'deep sea' aspect notwithstanding, here is me slapping my forehead...

*THWAP*!

Hopefully now that the visitor rotation has been retooled, you'll not get C.J. so infrequently.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Flick finds deep sea creatures an affront to the Chitin Gods which is why he won't make models of them. Even though quite a bunch of them are themselves made up of chitin.

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020
new NPC rotation is godly. got Sahara, Flick, CJ, normal Gulliver and Celeste all this week.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Hobo Clown posted:

Opening up for some fishing, come on over if you want to boost your rewards.

closed

Also Mabel's has motorcycle helmets, sailor outfits & Elvis costumes (all colors). Help yourself to the DIY/fossil/song pile. I don't care about trampled flowers so no worries about that if you gotta run to those fish.

I have your flowers ready. Can we set up an appointment for delivery?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I still swear the game fucks around with spawn rates for the fishing tourney. Went around at least 3/4 of my ocean and saw 2 fish in my first go, it's never THAT empty.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
B7B3B

Come to Besitos, where the sun is shining and the fish are nibbling! CJ is here for the fishing tourny! Lots of neat swag you can get!

I've got bait over to the left of the airport, its not infinite though, so please share.

Take any fruit or whatever. Free to a good home.

If you have any pearls you don't want I be happy to take them :)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Can anyone confirm it's the same exact tourney prizes as last time? I wasn't able to get gold before but with the same prizes, the low spawn rate and all of CJ's dialogue the whole thing just has me feeling :effort:

Edit: just realized the points are cumulative, so I got the gold trophy after a few tries. Guess there's even less incentive to keep going?

TwoSheds posted:

I have your flowers ready. Can we set up an appointment for delivery?

You tell me when's good. I should be available this evening or all day tomorrow. Can I pick up from you or do you have to visit me?

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 11, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They're the same tourney prizes.

survivalstrategy
Oct 19, 2012

Let's see how many people you can kill with the power of love.
Anyone have a decent price for turnips? Desperate to unload turnips from two towns (mine and my husband's), bought them at 92. I've been keeping an eye on the PGS AC thread for activity and the discord, but the listing bot on the discord is down. I've even queued on the Turnip Exchange and gotten booted twice, host inactivity. :sigh:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

survivalstrategy posted:

Anyone have a decent price for turnips? Desperate to unload turnips from two towns (mine and my husband's), bought them at 92. I've been keeping an eye on the PGS AC thread for activity and the discord, but the listing bot on the discord is down. I've even queued on the Turnip Exchange and gotten booted twice, host inactivity. :sigh:

Closed up to go fishing on a different island.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 11, 2020

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
We've got absolute garbage turnip prices, but if anybody wants to come visit and do the fishing tournament, I've dropped 20 fish bait next to my DIYs on the beach in two stacks of ten (just west of the airport) . Take whatever you want, fish, grab fruit, no worries.

Open at closed. Thanks goons! You've really helped out!

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 12, 2020

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
First I was not getting enough pearls, now I have 9 pearl, no new DIY recipes, and two identical mermaid dresses. The RNG on this game is so messed up

Capisano
Sep 11, 2001

Brutal
So I didn’t realize the hedge fence was an Earth-day only kind of deal. Is there any way to get it without TT back?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Capisano posted:

So I didn’t realize the hedge fence was an Earth-day only kind of deal. Is there any way to get it without TT back?

you could TT forwards~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Gulliver just mailed me the Sphinx.

I wonder about him