Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Blaming the Bosnias for being genocided by Serbs? Refusing to call this a genocide in contradiction to ruling of the International Court of Justice? The whole thing is genocide apologia and is trash, and is especially trash to post up a link to on the 25th anniversary of the genocide.

I am fully admitting I don't know poo poo about Bosnia because I was a small child and it's something that nobody really talks about anymore, but I was referring to this quote in the article:

quote:

Yes, I thought that the claims [about extermination camps] would help
trigger a bombing campaign by the western powers [against the Serbs]... I tried [to
provoke the bombing campaign] but my claims were false. There were no extermination
camps, even though conditions [in the detention camps] were terrible.

Assuming it's a real quote, it's the president of Bosnia openly admitting making the genocide up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leavemywife posted:

For those who want context on Rhinos post.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1279814327776624640

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
You do realize that forcing civilians out of their homes and into concentration camps where they die in vast numbers is still genocide, even if that quote is real, which is debateable

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I think that's enough talk about the Bosnia conflict.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Jacobin deleted the tweet, so I guess someone there said the same thing :v:

For other content: Lehrich is not the idiot

https://twitter.com/jesselehrich/status/1282089662023176192?s=21

StillFullyTerrible has a new favorite as of 03:36 on Jul 12, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1282106395307806720

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/1281739124668370944

You can't but back on funding! You will regret this!!! because we're going to fire all the nonwhite cops first

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fister Roboto posted:

You can't but back on funding! You will regret this!!! because we're going to fire all the nonwhite cops first

Friendly reminder that the Boston PD outright said they'll massacre people if their budget is cut

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

my guess is that conveniently this is a seniority thing and all the cops of colour don't have as much seniority as all the old white fucks

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Arivia posted:

my guess is that conveniently this is a seniority thing and all the cops of colour don't have as much seniority as all the old white fucks

Wonder why that would be. :thunk:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

But holy gently caress are you wrong about cajuns. It's not english. C'est pas français !

I wasn't meaning like there are Cajun accents in the UK, obviously they're a product of a specific set of history in that part of the US, I mean in terms of incomprehensibility that's about what you'd get in parts of the UK. All the component sounds of the language are different and there's a lot of dialect words and ways of using the language that vary greatly from town to town.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Moon Slayer posted:

I think that's enough talk about the Bosnia conflict.

Well that's a sentence I didn't expect see on a Saturday night at the comedy forums.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

For those who want context on Rhinos post.

He's handling this so gracefully

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Len posted:

He's handling this so gracefully

His overall reaction has really been something awful.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Americans not understanding foreign accents chat was a while back, but I want to make it all about me, and tell my boring story.

I have an ex-girlfriend who is from Indianappolis. So one time I went to America to visit her. One night we went out for a few drinks, and on the way home we stopped off another bar, because I needed a piss. Whilst her and her friend were parking the car, I ran in and asked the bar staff where the toilet was. They stared at me blankly. So I asked again, and again got a blank stare. I had to ask a third time before they understood. So when I came back from my piss to the table, I was told this is how the conversation went between my ex-girlfriend and the barstaff when she came in.

"Uh, is that guy with you?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Umm .... is he retarded or something?"
"Nah, he's just Australian."

idiots on social media tax:

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Jul 12, 2020

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

Is what they call it there really any better, though?

"Off license"?

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Americans not understanding foreign accents chat was a while back, but I want to make it all about me, and tell my boring story.

It’s called the bathroom

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

"Why do you need to see the water closet? You don't look like a plumber."

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mustached5thGrader posted:

It’s called the bathroom

He needed to take a piss, not a bath. Idiot.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

He needed to take a piss, not a bath. Idiot.

Oh like you've never pissed in the shower

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s all pipes!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

oldpainless posted:

It’s all pipes!

Always has been.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yeah, Australian accent are easy enough to understand, but the people themselves are incomprehensible because they use a completely different set of words for things.

Ive seen a brit desperate to find a loo and baffled that they don't exist in America

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah, Australian accent are easy enough to understand, but the people themselves are incomprehensible because they use a completely different set of words for things.

Ive seen a brit desperate to find a loo and baffled that they don't exist in America

"I'm fuckin' Loo!"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Accent chat-
The fact that Scottish Twitter write phonetically is extremely helpful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have a really really long chat of an idiot on social media, what's the best way to share it? Is it okay to just link all of the pictures but as thumbnails or should I just put them in an imgur gallery and link that instead?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

I have a really really long chat of an idiot on social media, what's the best way to share it? Is it okay to just link all of the pictures but as thumbnails or should I just put them in an imgur gallery and link that instead?

Just [timg] inline it imo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FirstAidKite posted:

However works, but i think timg is the standard.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1282085216773865473?s=19

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guess who’s moving onto Snapchat?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FirstAidKite posted:

Dramatic readimg

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

How is this an idiot? Encouraging the manbaby is chief to act like an adult and set an example is good.

poo poo talking him for it is just gonna make the pandemic worse, because the drat virus gives 0 shits about our politics

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

How is this an idiot? Encouraging the manbaby is chief to act like an adult and set an example is good.

poo poo talking him for it is just gonna make the pandemic worse, because the drat virus gives 0 shits about our politics

This might shock you but Trump won’t listen to you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Any time a reporter credulously says that Trump looks "presidential" for doing the bare minimum it's idiotic. We've been doing this song and dance for four years.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Splicer posted:

Dramatic readimg

Tempting, but I'll just inline the thumbnails. Except the first pic because that should be more than enough to tell you where this conversation goes.

Also, Jen Youfelct is a guy who has complained about having to pay child support and that child support is too high and that kids are cheap to raise, no kid needs $700 a month, and that he shouldn't have to pay so much for child support and that it is unfair to expect men to have to pony up that cash to support their kids especially if they're in a split even custody where he feels he's already putting his money in when he has the kid so why should he have to pay child support when the mother could just "get a better job."

Also he regularly complains about the mask mandates and how he refuses to wear a mask and doesn't want to have to shave his beard to wear a mask and that masks don't do anything so gently caress governor wolf, all while he regularly puts his kid at risk since he won't practice any kind of covid safety because it's all just fake poo poo that governor wolf is trying to make him do and stuff about ben franklin saying that people should have liberty and not purchase temporary safety or else they give up their right to liberty and safety.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:stare:

I believe in everyone's right to abort a fetus they carry, but especially if it was conceived with this guy.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I believe in everyone's right to abort a fetus they carry, but especially if it was conceived with this guy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/8ALTON8/status/1282078293756264448

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1282038113951526917?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

FirstAidKite posted:

Tempting, but I'll just inline the thumbnails. Except the first pic because that should be more than enough to tell you where this conversation goes.

I got to like the second time he deferred to "you're not the Virgin Mary" as a defense and stopped reading. I figure I may as well stop reading when I can tell he's stopped thinking.