Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

JacquelineDempsey has graciously accepted an offer to help out in PYF as an IK. I couldn't be happier about this - JD has been around forever and is one of the nicest people I've met on these forums (as well as a talented musician). She's one of those people that seems to know a little bit about everything, which, combined with a genuine sense of curiosity, makes her a perfect fit for PYF staff.

Thanks, JD!

And with that, the tripod is complete: Moon Slayer, JD, and myself. Between the three of us, I think we'll keep the ship righted. Thanks, too, to everyone who's an active participant here: y'all make this one of the best places, on- or offline, to share and discuss, well, everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

God have mercy on your souls.

And good luck!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

PYF IK: Ruling these lists with my iron fists

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pastry. :) I'm happy to help! Most of PYF (or the threads I frequent, at least) is pretty dang chill, so I expect most of my duties will be along the lines of "omg shut up with the 3 page derail about pizza/anime/tipping and post Funny Pictures, ya goofs".

I see any blatant racism/sexism/homo- or transphobia, though, and I'm handing out sixers like Halloween candy.

If there's anything I can do to help in my IK capacity, fellow denizens of PYF, my PMs are always open.

(Also, I guess technically I'm an IQ? I like IK better. Kinda like how on BSG everyone was called "sir" regardless of gender. Plus my first name starts with K, so I keep reading it as "Idiot [first name]" and giving myself a sensible chuckle)

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Plus my first name starts with K, so I keep reading it as "Idiot [first name]" and giving myself a sensible chuckle)

'Jacqueline' does not start with a 'K'.

No wonder no-one can find anything in your library.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Moo the cow posted:

'Jacqueline' does not start with a 'K'.

No wonder no-one can find anything in your library.

But... but I thought that's what the kids mean these days when they post "j/k"? Like the two letters are now interchangeable?

Oh lord, what have I done :ohdear:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

But... but I thought that's what the kids mean these days when they post "j/k"? Like the two letters are now interchangeable?

Oh lord, what have I done :ohdear:

It is. Moo is hazing you. Don't worry about it, Kacqueline.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like Kacqueline Eempsey, she is cool and I from time-to-time I remember that I forgot to reach out to grab a beer with her and her husband when I was remotely near where she lived and am filled with regret.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Congrats, glad to have you onboard!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

If you want to test out that probation button on a real live lurker, I humbly submit my account for a 6er.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

starbucks hermit posted:

If you want to test out that probation button on a real live lurker, I humbly submit my account for a 6er.

:same:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hell yeah, good posters deserve good buttons!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Thanks y'all --- I actually test drove my shiny new probation buttons on myself (check my rap sheet), but thanks for offering to be the sacrificial lambs!

I mean, if you really want a sacrificial sixer with a cat picture, I could take a cue from Pastry and give you a picture of one of my kitties. But yeah, figured out how that works, now.

Also, I did not know until now that IK's can do things like change thread titles/edit posts/much more. So If, say, you made a new thread and had an "ooof, what an embarrassing typo" moment in the title, or some other post thing that calls for a clean up on aisle 3, feel free to holler at me and I'll fix it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I mean, if you really want a sacrificial sixer with a cat picture, I could take a cue from Pastry and give you a picture of one of my kitties. But yeah, figured out how that works, now.

Yes! Cat picture probation please. It's the only way to bring joy to my quarantine life.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I would absolutely be in for a cat picture probe, I don’t post enough for it to slow me down

Welcome aboard, JD! Glad to have you helping out!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I’ll take a kitty sixer, but only if you also share the secret of how to enter one because I’m too afraid to experiment on myself.

I’m assuming you enter bbcode and not html but :radium:

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I've decided to hate you and be really critical of your every decision just in case it lets me have always been right later.

Bk.
Nov 9, 2009

Also, I guess technically I'm an IQ? I like IK better.

What does IK/IQ even stand for?
I thought the moderation staff on SA was just mods and admins.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bk. posted:

What does IK/IQ even stand for?
I thought the moderation staff on SA was just mods and admins.

Idiot King / Queen. They're low calorie / sugar free mods.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Inceltown posted:

Idiot King / Queen. They're low calorie / sugar free mods.

More info about admins, mods, and IKs here if you're interested

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909065

Bk.
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for the responses.
code:
 :) 
lmao, I just wanted the colon-bracket smiley to display as text, rather than the lovely emoji.

Bk. has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Jul 13, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bk. posted:

Thanks for the responses.
code:
lmao, I just wanted the colon-bracket smiley to display as text, rather than the lovely emoji.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can put bbcode in between the constituent letters as well because the emoji parser runs first :)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you can put bbcode in between the constituent letters as well because the emoji parser runs first :)

How about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Belated congrats JD!