Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I had a ginsters Quorn slice and it wasn't poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

I had a ginsters Quorn slice and it wasn't poo poo

They come in other flavours? Haha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

wow owned

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I've had a brisket in the slow cooker since 9am and it smells amazing

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Custard cream?

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

fridge corn posted:

They come in other flavours? Haha

I read it in the US sense, like 'You ain't poo poo, man!'

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
mayonnaise is the Devil's semen. And olives are his testicles.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I have some of Mr Tesco's own brand plant-based sausages in the slow cooker with some sweet potatoes and stuff.

"Chipotle chicken wings" Mini Chedders: Uninspiring. Slightly hot but nothing noteworthy. Certainly not worth calling them three pepper hot on the bag.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

stinky ox posted:

Hail satan

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Idk which if my forums nemeses (there are many haha) is responsible but that wasp you sent to sting me finally arrived

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Last year I drank a fuckin wasp and it was terrible

Took a sip from my margarita in a restaurant and it tasted sharp and pointy, which is not something you expect

Immediately went 'flblurgh' and spat out the contents of my mouth which confused my friends until they saw the wasp

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

Last year I drank a fuckin wasp and it was terrible

Took a sip from my margarita in a restaurant and it tasted sharp and pointy, which is not something you expect

Immediately went 'flblurgh' and spat out the contents of my mouth which confused my friends until they saw the wasp

Username / post combo?
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/body-snatchers-eaten-alive.html

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I am and have been for years, a massive proponent of using reggae reggae as the sauce when making your own pizzas. Sling some nice mozzarella on and something like chorizo and it bangs. Super simple but delicious.
Can’t believe I’ve not thought to try that - we often put BBQ sauce on the base of our homemade pizzas, but Reggae Reggae would be on another level.

Natalie Fartman posted:

I got a croissant from m&s this morning and while it was delicious, the lack of social distancing and masks was not.
Did my weekly trip to Tesco earlier. They’ve removed the queueing system out front, there’s no more one way system and the checkouts aren’t being strictly marshalled any more.

I still wore my mask, not many others were (not even most of the staff) and it seemed like social distancing just wasn’t a thing any more based on the number of twats that’d just crowd up next to me to get stuff off shelves.

Guess Covid is over.

GazChap fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 12, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GazChap posted:

Can’t believe I’ve not thought to try that - we often put BBQ sauce on the base of our homemade pizzas, but Reggae Reggae would be on another level.

It's good poo poo, if I'm making my own dough reggae is now my default. I only ever eat a tomato sauce based pizza now if I'm in the mood to specifically cook some of my star anise flavoured stuff.

Also prior to covid when I'd invite people over to make pizza I'd usually make a starter pizza which was sweet chilli as the sauce and loaded with cheese and oregano to pass out. That's probably the one that gets requested the most and it's the simplest one of the lot.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

fridge corn posted:

Idk which if my forums nemeses (there are many haha) is responsible but that wasp you sent to sting me finally arrived

That's what I get for using a second class stamp.

Made pizza tonight, did mine on the cast iron skillet, it's the best.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I made smash burgers tonight in my cast iron pan, they also owned

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bought some frozen Greggs pasties a while back, to save freezer space we took them out of the packaging and put them in freezer bags.

Promptly forgot which ones were which but I put a random one in the oven and it turned out to be a sausage and bean melt

That's a win in my book

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

I made smash burgers tonight in my cast iron pan, they also owned

I have been meaning to pick up a cast iron pan

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

stinky ox posted:

Bread sauce is satan's semen.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I cooked cod fillets with chorizo slices, lemon, garlic and onion garnish in olive oil with mash it was p. good but we ran out of diet coke so I had to drink water, sad.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Work, the co-op, have a range of vegan sausage-rolls and steak bakes in the "hot food" range.
Only problem is my shop doesn't have the baking trays to do them yet (they are at least serious about keeping meat / vegan stuff separate).

I have a case of each in my freezer.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Thirteenth Step posted:

I have been meaning to pick up a cast iron pan

Do it, they're as good as the weirdos make out. I bought a second reversible one off eBay and it turned out to have some bullshit coating, removed that poo poo with a wire wheel and seasoned it and it's fantastic.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

GazChap posted:

i just had a bacon sandwich with reggae reggae sauce on it.

reggae reggae sauce is loving great. i like it on eggs.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
love me some bbq ribs

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

this came up in the fast food forum regarding sandwich toppings (putting sweetcorn on a sandwich seems insane to americans)

do you guys actually use "corn" to refer to wheat sometimes? is that a real thing

Yes. Hence https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_Laws for eg

Also I read this thread too.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I am and have been for years, a massive proponent of using reggae reggae as the sauce when making your own pizzas. Sling some nice mozzarella on and something like chorizo and it bangs. Super simple but delicious.

My local pizza place does a jerk chicken/chorizo/fried onion pizza with a Reggae Reggae sauce base and it owns. I still prefer a traditional tomato base for the sauce, but Reggae Reggae owns and is a million times better than a lovely barbeque sauce base.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Everyone ITT has bad food opinions.

Apart from me. I'm great.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I made vegan brownies, they taste great but they're far too gooey, only half of them make it out of the tin without disintegrating.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

mrpwase posted:

I made vegan brownies, they taste great but they're far too gooey, only half of them make it out of the tin without disintegrating.

Recipe plzzzzzz

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

eat them directly from the tin with your hands imo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Burger and chips

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Fatkraken posted:

Recipe plzzzzzz

It's simple enough for me, a dunce, to make, I think:

140g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
200g caster sugar
80ml vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
200g dairy free chocolate, melted
240ml almond milk

Line a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 180c (160 fan).
Whisk the flour, cocoa and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Add the oil, vanilla, chocolate and milk and stir gently, just til all the flour pockets are vanquished.
Put all that in the tin and bake for 25-30 mins.

You can leave the tin to cool for a bit and then put in the fridge to firm them up, this makes them gooey as hell though.

kecske posted:

eat them directly from the tin with your hands imo

:ssh:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this has been touched on before but "mystery wasp" can be spelled "mr e wasp" which is an acronym of "mrpwase"

:ssh::ssh::ssh:

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 12, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fridge corn posted:

this has been touched on before but "mystery wasp" can be spelled "mr e wasp" which is an acronym of "mrpwase"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Woke Pob posted:

My local pizza place does a jerk chicken/chorizo/fried onion pizza with a Reggae Reggae sauce base and it owns. I still prefer a traditional tomato base for the sauce, but Reggae Reggae owns and is a million times better than a lovely barbeque sauce base.

Yeah bbq really doesn't work on pizza and I say that as someone that LOVES bbq sauce otherwise.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Is reggae reggae sauce not just well marketed BBQ sauce though?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

mrpwase posted:

It's simple enough for me, a dunce, to make, I think:

140g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
200g caster sugar
80ml vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
200g dairy free chocolate, melted
240ml almond milk

Line a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 180c (160 fan).
Whisk the flour, cocoa and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Add the oil, vanilla, chocolate and milk and stir gently, just til all the flour pockets are vanquished.
Put all that in the tin and bake for 25-30 mins.

You can leave the tin to cool for a bit and then put in the fridge to firm them up, this makes them gooey as hell though.

:ssh:

:ssh::ssh::ssh:

Try swapping the almond milk for oat milk, tends to be thicker in my experience

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My wife and kids have BBQ sauce on pizza. I have either pasata or salsa if we have some open.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Gonta make a pizza using sun dried tomato pesto for the base this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is reggae reggae sauce not just well marketed BBQ sauce though?

it's a bit spicier than BBQ sauce, and not as sweet. it's nice