Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I went to the Co yesterday and spent $200 on mostly foodstuffs. I live by myself.

Bought too much cheese, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to try them all :black101:

Also bought two of the ready to cook meals. Korea BBQ and the flank steak. Korean BBQ had great flavor, but how too many chunks of hard fat in it.

Food court offerings were Hot Dogs and Pizza. Nothing else :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

UltraRed posted:

I went to the Co yesterday and spent $200 on mostly foodstuffs. I live by myself.

Bought too much cheese, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to try them all :black101:

Also bought two of the ready to cook meals. Korea BBQ and the flank steak. Korean BBQ had great flavor, but how too many chunks of hard fat in it.

they should have ice cream and fruit smoothie

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

UltraRed posted:

Define "too much cheese"?

:confused:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

they should have ice cream and fruit smoothie

Machine was busted and no fruit smoothie. They never offered a fruit smoothie at that costco location, to my knowledge.

Schadenboner posted:

Define "too much cheese"?

:confused:

I bought Haloumi, a kirkland sized brick of Parmesan, Some non-diary chao cheese just to try it out, Havarti slices (my usual go to), a bright of white sharp cheddar, and a pack of flavored goat cheeses that I am probably just gonna eat like a sausage because I'm a gluttonous pig.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
poo poo I forgot to buy mozzarella for pizzas!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

UltraRed posted:

poo poo I forgot to buy mozzarella for pizzas!

Pffft "too much"...

:jerkbag:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can never buy too much cheese at the co.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cartoon Man posted:

You can never too much cheese

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

UltraRed posted:

Machine was busted and no fruit smoothie. They never offered a fruit smoothie at that costco location, to my knowledge.

I bought Haloumi, a kirkland sized brick of Parmesan, Some non-diary chao cheese just to try it out, Havarti slices (my usual go to), a bright of white sharp cheddar, and a pack of flavored goat cheeses that I am probably just gonna eat like a sausage because I'm a gluttonous pig.

Sir

You are at a bootleg Costco

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I love haloumi that's a top tier cheese.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bird with big dick posted:

I love haloumi that's a top tier cheese.

haloumi is so good i'll need to go to costco and see if they have it in--i've never seen it there before. sadly halloumi in the states is hideously overpriced as gently caress. like Trader Joes sometimes c arries it during the summer and it's a great price, like $3-$4 for 8oz, but its only temporarily seasonal and the only other options is like $10-$12 for 6-10oz at whole foods/safeway. meanwhile when i was in europe you could get halloumi for like a few bucks. It's insane how hard and expensive it is to get here for absolutely no reason despite having a big rear end dairy industry.

haloumi was also a god send when i was on keto and i bought so much of it from TJ and when they dropped carrying it, it really sucked

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Alan Smithee posted:

no bidet but i like using the shower afterwards

you can loving eat cereal out of the thing

I find my shower too just inconvenient to eat cereal out of :saddowns:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Dang. Washer started leaking just in time for two really good deals on some top load washers to be out of stock at Costco. :(

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

saw two dudes at Costco lowering their masks.

first guy was with his family, he had his mask down while looking at phones in the electronics. an employee called him out nicely.

the other guy was rolling his cart around, talking into his phone. I guess you can't talk on a phone w/ mask

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Thanks to the recent bidet chat, we are ordering one from the Co.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

saw two dudes at Costco lowering their masks.

first guy was with his family, he had his mask down while looking at phones in the electronics. an employee called him out nicely.

the other guy was rolling his cart around, talking into his phone. I guess you can't talk on a phone w/ mask

Yes you can though?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

a mysterious cloak posted:

Thanks to the recent bidet chat, we are ordering one from the Co.
/

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

therobit posted:

Yes you can though?

Does Costco sell multi-packs of sarcasm detectors?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Seems like a weird girth?

Also CALORIES ARE LITERALLY HOW YOU MEASURE ENERGY, YOU FUCKSTAINS.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Schadenboner posted:

Then why do I feel sleepy after eating a 12 pack of Costco Hot Dogs???!!!!

Unless...

COSTCO HOT DOGS ARE CALORIE FREE pass it on

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

they aren't using the word in the literal definition u nerd

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Are stroopwafels a seasonal thing, or have they moved on from church?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Last time I saw those was years ago

I seriously ate some expired ones I had left to remember

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Went to Costco for the first time since March today and it felt like getting my soul back in alignment. We visited every aisle and I can’t for the life of me imagine there is that much demand for jalapeño cheddar bagels but what do I know I’m not an internationally successful wholesaler

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

MarcusSA posted:

I’m sure the more expensive ones are nicer but I’m perfectly happy with my $40 one from Amazon.

I’m also renting so running a power line isn’t an option.

Same. I'm happy with my cheap one. I also live in a hot climate so the tap-cool water is refreshing on the balloon knot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Immanentized posted:

Are stroopwafels a seasonal thing, or have they moved on from church?
I think they're seasonal. I recall seeing them around the winter holidays.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shadow puppet of a posted:

Went to Costco for the first time since March today and it felt like getting my soul back in alignment. We visited every aisle and I can’t for the life of me imagine there is that much demand for jalapeño cheddar bagels but what do I know I’m not an internationally successful wholesaler

i love a good jalapeno cheddar bagel :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I’ve literally never seen a jalapeño cheddar bagel

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alan Smithee posted:

I’ve literally never seen a jalapeño cheddar bagel

Whoa those are a costco standard in my area and they are legit spicy enough that kids won’t touch em so it’s good to have a reserved bagel supply.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Someone explain this to me. Looked like a bag of mummified dicks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I can tell you they ain’t cucumbers

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

what more do you need to know

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sea cucumbers are ok. I don't hate them but I also don't order dishes with them in it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
dried seas cucumbers are ok i guess they're nothing special IMO. they are stewed/rehydrated before eating

if you see bags of dried scallops by some insane miracle get them, they are one of the most delicious foods

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Seemed odd to have a pallet of $50 kind of small bags sitting there.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

They're more of a Chinese medicine thing than a food, since they have the texture of an old truck tire and no flavor at all. They're also for fancy banquets. If your Costco has a lot of East Asian customers that's why.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Im always impressed how they have items that are specifically for the region or city its located in. They do a really good job with local stuff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

Im always impressed how they have items that are specifically for the region or city its located in. They do a really good job with local stuff.
Astoundingly good. My local Co has spanish pastries and poo poo in the bread aisle. The one 5 miles away is stocked with Asian foods.

And the one by my old apartment had cool poo poo like a wifi garage door opener and Kewpie mayonnaise.

Truly a land of varieties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SirPablo posted:

Seemed odd to have a pallet of $50 kind of small bags sitting there.

chinese dried seafood is expensive