Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Luke Wilson made a lot of bad life choices quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Is that Jon Lovitz melting next to Luke?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It is indeed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's lots that can be talked about but I'm just going to say CHORD OVERSTREET, which I've decided to pronounce with the H and not like the musical pronunciation.

lol i did the exact same thing before i saw your comment

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I also did the same but probably because I immediately assumed he was part of this roster

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Every time I see that image it takes me about 3 or 4 people to work out decisively if it's the real one or the gag one.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well this looks real dumb

impressively uninspiring

oh sweet, a new x-men movie. nooot

the man inside me soft reboot?

very cool

gimp man?

that tagline, though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Uh-oh :stare:

I wonder if it's just a pure comic book adaptation or if they're going to try to ape Bava at all. If so, good loving luck folks.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha had no idea they were remaking Danger: Diabolik.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Going just off the poster, I'm guessing the plot is that it's a sci-fi story where you can get a genetically modified perfect spouse, but if you don't like them you have a time period in which you can have them taken back and destroyed?

or maybe it's a dystopia where people are matched based on their genes but if they don't have a kid within a set amount of time, they're killed?

I got all the pieces but I can't put them together

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

“Who are you married to?”

Hopefully not the 11-year-old boy on that poster because that is illegal in most of the world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That doesn't look anything like John Malkovich. Also that's Colin Farrell's face but that's definitely not his head. You can see the seam.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

muscles like this! posted:

That doesn't look anything like John Malkovich. Also that's Colin Farrell's face but that's definitely not his head. You can see the seam.

John Malkovich is the guy on the left, not the right.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

I also did the same but probably because I immediately assumed he was part of this roster

I’ve seen this version and the real one, I’ve googled the event and the venue, and I still have no idea what this is actually for.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I knew Colin Farrel's head wasn't that... deep.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What did I do today? not much, googled "Colin Farrell head profile" to figure out if that really is his head on the poster for AVA

One can never be sure of such things but I believe that is Colin Farrell's head

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Going just off the poster, I'm guessing the plot is that it's a sci-fi story where you can get a genetically modified perfect spouse, but if you don't like them you have a time period in which you can have them taken back and destroyed?

or maybe it's a dystopia where people are matched based on their genes but if they don't have a kid within a set amount of time, they're killed?

The plot is him fighting with customer support claiming the return window should start on delivery and not purchase.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

FINALLY an answer to the question: that stuid is coming. And soon.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gripweed posted:

What did I do today? not much, googled "Colin Farrell head profile" to figure out if that really is his head on the poster for AVA

One can never be sure of such things but I believe that is Colin Farrell's head

Can I make a request for the next head?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Harrowing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It took 1210 years to make!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Gripweed posted:

I'm getting a very boring vibe, so I'm assuming it's "woman marries the male version of a black-widow, but it's sci-fi"

Side note: can't Google anything black-widow related without getting Marvel poo poo!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Solar Tornado posted:

I'm getting a very boring vibe, so I'm assuming it's "woman marries the male version of a black-widow, but it's sci-fi"

Side note: can't Google anything black-widow related without getting Marvel poo poo!

According to the synopsis I can find, they are a newly-married couple getting paid a lot of money to live in a technologically-advanced but very isolated house for their honeymoon by some shady tech company.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The MSJ posted:

According to the synopsis I can find, they are a newly-married couple getting paid a lot of money to live in a technologically-advanced but very isolated house for their honeymoon by some shady tech company.

that sucks so much

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Unless there is some Shyamalan twist to the end, that synopsis doesn't fit the tagline or literally anything else in that poster!

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The trailer implies there will be twists about the nature of their marriage that presumably tie into that DNA theme in the poster.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

The trailer implies there will be twists about the nature of their marriage that presumably tie into that DNA theme in the poster.

It's really a long-form advertisement for 23andme.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sir Kodiak posted:

The twist is incest, calling it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

Dude, you say that all the time!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

The crossed out people in the background are the guy's previous spouses, who were killed when it was discovered that they weren't related to him.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

well this looks real dumb

Dude looks like this meme kid got his first acting role but they made him shave.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Weird that they're adapting that one dating sim where the heroine gets abused by a bunch of pretty vampire boys.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sad news, it has been officially confirmed that The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. the Monster Army, also known as Hanuman vs. 7 Ultraman, reedited and extremely illegally rereleased as Space Warriors 2000, will never be made available in America.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Danger: Diabolik rules.

It's basically a Batman film if instead of being a vigilante Batman was a thief and a terrorist whose sole goal is embarrassing the police.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Supersonic Shine posted:

Weird that they're adapting that one dating sim where the heroine gets abused by a bunch of pretty vampire boys.

Very few people will appreciate this, but I want you to know that I do.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Wow, what the hell happened to Jessica Chastain's career?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Marin Karin posted:

Very few people will appreciate this, but I want you to know that I do.

you're not the only one here who watches terrible anime, I one hundred percent got that too

and it makes me sad because Diabolik, the Italian proto-Batman, is a thousand times better than Diabolik Lovers, the lovely vampire-abuse anime, and the latter should not be more well known than the former in any sane and decent universe

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GrandpaPants posted:

Wow, what the hell happened to Jessica Chastain's career?

IT Chapter 2 was so bad it killed her career

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oldpainless posted:

IT Chapter 2 was so bad it killed her career

Hmm yes, a film that made almost $500 million off a budget of $80 million, that got OK reviews. A career killer if there ever was one.

She's got about 3 in the pipeline, and is doing well for an actress that is 40+. Her career is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dark Phoenix would arguably be a stronger career killer