Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grimdude posted:

I got to like the second time he deferred to "you're not the Virgin Mary" as a defense and stopped reading. I figure I may as well stop reading when I can tell he's stopped thinking.

How kind of you to imply he ever started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked the implication at the beginning that murdering a baby is one thing, but to do so without the father’s input is where it crosses a line.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Grimdude posted:

I got to like the second time he deferred to "you're not the Virgin Mary" as a defense and stopped reading. I figure I may as well stop reading when I can tell he's stopped thinking.

That's exactly where I stopped too.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sperm is cheap and eggs are expensive. Your input into an embryo's existence is similarly weighted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've always been pro abortion because it's how I was raised, but the thing that really drove it home was pointing out that if siblings are in a car accident or whatever and one is fine and the other needs a blood transfusion to live you can't take blood from one to save the other without their permission.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Skwirl posted:

I've always been pro abortion because it's how I was raised, but the thing that really drove it home was pointing out that if siblings are in a car accident or whatever and one is fine and the other needs a blood transfusion to live you can't take blood from one to save the other without their permission.

The thought experiment about saving one baby versus thirty fertilized embryos is a good one too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Stardust2187/status/1282192706253381633

https://twitter.com/danimar07/status/1282316596220813315

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Everything here is loving horrible.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

"unsecured in the living-room sofa"? I mean, I once found a missing bottle-opener down the back of the sofa, but a handgun seems like a lot.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"unsecured in the living-room sofa"? I mean, I once found a missing bottle-opener down the back of the sofa, but a handgun seems like a lot.

Well how are you going to be ready to defend your home during a break in if you don't have unsecured guns just everywhere?

Like Joe Tweaker breaks in and says give me your valuables he isn't going to wait for you to go to the gun safe, you have to be ready now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If only there were some way to have a gun accessible at all times without letting children get it. But the technology does not exist yet.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

This is why we need to fast track the DNA gun lock technology as seen in the seminal 1995 sci fi classic Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This obviously isn't the first time it's happened but it is seriously hosed that a 13 year old can be charged as an adult. I don't give a gently caress what they did, what they need is treatment not incarceration. Absolutely nothing will be made better by putting a 13 year old in an adult prison. Not for him and not for society.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just leave the guns and ammo lying independently around the house in disparate locations so you can equip them quickly by running over them

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Edit the pickup code so that the gun hovers six feet off the ground rather than two, thereby making it inaccessible to children.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Kid should have just run outside and kicked over a trashcan to find a hamburger. Would've fixed him right up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Len posted:

Like Joe Tweaker breaks in and says give me your valuables he isn't going to wait for you to go to the gun safe, you have to be ready now

That’s why you keep your valuables in the gun safe.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

This obviously isn't the first time it's happened but it is seriously hosed that a 13 year old can be charged as an adult. I don't give a gently caress what they did, what they need is treatment not incarceration. Absolutely nothing will be made better by putting a 13 year old in an adult prison. Not for him and not for society.
Agreed. "Knew what he was doing" is all very well, but a 13-year-old's brain is still developing. If we still cared about rehab, he could still become a moral adult. Juliet Hulme beat her best friend's mother to death with a rock at age 15. (The movie Heavenly Creatures is about the murder.) After she got out of prison she changed her name, became a flight attendant, and as far as is known lived the life of a responsible citizen. Under her new name, Anne Perry, she became a respected murder mystery write, although not about people hitting other people with rocks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Having both been 13 and been responsible for the care of 13 year olds, "knew what he was doing" is a huge loving ask.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I hope the parents go to jail for manslaughter and child endangerment and then the kid becomes a Batman

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Len posted:

Well how are you going to be ready to defend your home during a break in if you don't have unsecured guns just everywhere?

https://i.imgur.com/3uw7dna.mp4

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

Having both been 13 and been responsible for the care of 13 year olds, "knew what he was doing" is a huge loving ask.

I think he knew drat well what he was doing. 13 is old enough to know that.

its not near old enough to understand it tho

E: guarantee if you ask him why he did it the honest answer is "I dunno...."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't wait to do that in a hurry while half asleep, fumble the trigger, and blow my wife's head off as the shotgun falls on my face.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Had to number the replies because 'most relevant' put them in a weird order.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If only Breonna Taylor had one of these

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is clearly not shot on a tripod so the man literally just aimed a gun at a friend's face.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Why are Americans so scared?

Everytime a policeman shoots an unarmed teenager their reasoning is that kid might have had a gun. SO I had to shoot him. I was afraid for my life.
(I know it's racism, but it's also because they can paint a black teenager as a scary threat.)

The woman who pulled her gun on a mum and her daughter at Chipotle was similarly "scared for her life". Why? Because even taking the racist gun wielder at her word, a middle aged mother yelled at her and took a step forward because she bumped into the womans child. Who the gently caress is scared for their life in that situation? In a loving restaurant parking lot! (Also, why did she feel the need to bring a loaded gun when going out to eat cheap chicken?)

Then there is the people who keep guns for "home protection". Why? Because a gang of scary armed youths MIGHT break into our house and rape everyone whilst performing satanic rituals and then steal our stuff to sell and donate the money to Planned Parenthood. This is a real thing that actually has a possibility of happening and I am scared of it. That's why I need an AK47.

How in the everliving gently caress do people like this live out their days if they are constantly terrified for their safety? Also note that having a gun won't stop any of these terrible things from happening, it just means that the gun owner gets to kill someone afterwards. Whilst still being scared. Which is apparently a good thing.

And please note whilst I personally am against guns, I am not talking here about sporting shooters/hunters etc. Going down the range and shooting at stuff, having fun honing your accuracy skills etc. sounds like a fun time for a certain type of person. Just as it's cool to head out into the bush, and camp with your mates around a fire and maybe shoot a deer, if your into that kind of thing.

But for all the other gun users/owners, they seem to be terrified of their own shadow, and it must be exhausting to live like that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Vib Rib posted:

This is clearly not shot on a tripod so the man literally just aimed a gun at a friend's face.

And swept it past his bed partner's head on the way there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They aren't actually scared.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

More often than not it's coming up with flimsy pretenses and hypotheticals to justify the murder of undesirables

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yeah, remember "They're coming right at us?" from that early South Park episode?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Because everyone is known for sleeping peacefully on their back all night, at the perfect position for a shotgun to fall into their hands by simply raising their arms. e: what if his wife woke up first? "Honey! Wake up and grab the gun before the person in our room shoots us!"

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why are Americans so scared?

Hard to say, not being an American, but it seems like there is a lot of money to be made off of fear.

TheMostFrench has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Jul 13, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheMostFrench posted:

Because everyone is known for sleeping peacefully on their back all night, at the perfect position for a shotgun to fall into their hands by simply raising their arms. e: what if his wife woke up first? "Honey! Wake up and grab the gun before the person in our room shoots us!" like kudos for putting the work in but I get the feeling home invaders will just start killing anyone in the house on sight once they think there could be guns hidden anywhere.

the way I slept when I was younger I was as likely to kick the headboard as hit it with my hands in my sleep

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

the way I slept when I was younger I was as likely to kick the headboard as hit it with my hands in my sleep

So many times I have woken up at the opposite end of my bed to where I fell asleep.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also because Americans have spent a century creating and entrenching a culture of movies and TV in which our fabled "rugged individualism" finds voice in Joe Everyday becoming an action hero when called upon to defend his home/family/property.

We've all trained ourselves to believe we can all be cowboys and astronauts and rock stars and baseball heroes and movie gods and kung-fu legends and just sort of would know automatically how to do all those things the moment the camera is turned on us. From early youth our media tells us we're all special Chosen Ones who are the protagonists of reality. The same mentality that leads us to strut around like Tom Hanks going I HAVE MADE FIRE when we light a backyard barbecue is the one that tells us that despite all the data and the scaremongering, we have the right, nay the duty, to arm ourselves and prove in the heat of the moment that we can shoot the intruding bad guy right in the heart and then a crowd will stand up and clap.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/Glitterbeard_/status/1282258902684499969

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Can't wait to do that in a hurry while half asleep, fumble the trigger, and blow my wife's head off as the shotgun falls on my face.

Can't wait to bump my head on the headboard and have 7lbs of steel completely ruin the mood and require stitches.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

A woman on my feed shared this video from an article -
"Oxygen Test With And Without A Mask – Horrific – Take 2.5 Minutes To See What Masks Are Doing To You (and the result will be dubbed ‘Covid-19’)"

Baiscally a guy tests himself with some air quality monitor - with a mask off you breathe in a higher percentage of oxygen, with a mask on you breathe in slightly less ('lower than a safe OSHA rating'). This is -the only reason- you might be experiencing headaches BUT YOU WONT HEAR ABOUT IT ON THE NEWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LAq6i0Aao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Like, what the gently caress is even their point?

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/1282546800860200961?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

oldpainless posted:

This is why we need to fast track the DNA gun lock technology as seen in the seminal 1995 sci fi classic Judge Dredd starring Sylvester Stallone

Gun DNA detector: 50% match detected, close enough, unlocking